Big_J_29

Runway Lighting

Is there a way to make the Runway Lighting not Blink? I am using the Mobile Helicopter Lights because the other lights do not look right but they blink and I am not sure if there is a way to keep them from doing so. Or any suggestions for what everyone uses for Runway Lighting that looks good. 

(Disregard) I am an Idiot, Found what I was looking for.

Is there a way to make the Runway Lighting not Blink? I am using the Mobile Helicopter Lights because the other lights do not look right but they blink and I am not sure if there is a way to keep them from doing so. Or any suggestions for what everyone uses for Runway Lighting that looks good. 

(Disregard) I am an Idiot, Found what I was looking for.

Please post the answer to your question Big 

Please post the answer to your question Big 

Sorry everyone, was away and busy with school, I was using the Mobile Helicopter Lights that blink, if you turn of the Simulation they will simply not illuminate. So being fairly new to Eden and Editing I was not aware that there was specific Runway Lights that will stay constantly illuminated. Was a Rookie mistake that I discovered shortly after posting my question. I was basically using the wrong lights. 

What are these runway lights called and what colors do they come in?

Sorry everyone, was away and busy with school, I was using the Mobile Helicopter Lights that blink, if you turn of the Simulation they will simply not illuminate. So being fairly new to Eden and Editing I was not aware that there was specific Runway Lights that will stay constantly illuminated. Was a Rookie mistake that I discovered shortly after posting my question. I was basically using the wrong lights.

Worked like a charm. What other props or items can this be done with?

Land_Flush_Light_green_F

Land_Flush_Light_red_F

Land_Flush_Light_yellow_F

Found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

You can place a prop, save the mission, then change the name in the mission.sqm. After that you can load the mission and copy/paste the lights as you like.

Worked like a charm. What other props or items can this be done with?

Pretty much anything. It's just a bit of text in the mission.sqm.

• Thanks 1

How do I place these lights that you all are talking about (the small yellow once - red, green yellow). I'm a rookie I just wat too place them and it will work just like magic in the editor.

I just need to understand this... so where do I put it in? already set up a milion small red heli lights and I really need them to stay lit

7 hours ago, roa said:

I just need to understand this... so where do I put it in? already set up a milion small red heli lights and I really need them to stay lit

To will spawn a red runway light in the editor (a red light that stays lit).

In the editor, go to Tools>Debug Console, and put this into the debug console, hit Local Exec.

create3DENEntity 

"Object", 
    "Land_Flush_Light_red_F", 
    screenToWorld [0.5,0.5] 
];

You can also save it as a composite to make it easier to place in the editor later.

• Thanks 1