luckyhendrix

Placing specific weapons/Magazines/Vests/uniforms

Is there a way to place a specific (especially from a mod) weapons/Magazine/vests/... with Eden ? under the Props menu I can place no specific magazine other than a generic "Magazine (Rifle)" and the vests category is missing a lots of item otherwise available in the arsenal.

Maybe a workaround solution would be to be able to spawn a "weapon holder" object, and then edit its contents (ideally trough the arsenal)?

(as a side note I would also like to place objects that are not visible in the editor, like for instance : the ACE3 bloody bandages, is that possible ? )

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind I found my answer, actually when you place any weapon, you can then go into the attribute and there at the end there is a category where you can edit everything that is in the weapon holder ...

But this doesn't help with placing the bloody bandages from ACE

EDIT2: Actually it doesn't work, if you modify this category in anyway the 3D model of the weapons disappear.

Both of your issues are related to mods and how they are configured. For weapons to be placeable in 3den, they need to have a 3d model specifically designed for that.

About the bloody bandages, they probably have only a scope 1 set in their configs. Therefore they are only available through scripting, not through the editor.

For weapons to be placeable in 3den, they need to have a 3d model specifically designed for that.

Depending on the object. You don't really have to do anything special with regards to making models of weapons and items. Of course if no model is assigned, nothing will show. But you only really need to make a special separate ground model for uniforms.

For them to be selectable from the props list from the editor though, you do have to create your own weaponHolder vehicle classes (e.g. something derrived from Item_Base_F or Weapon_Base_F) with appropriate editorCategory and editorSubcategory definitions. Old vehicleclass definitions for the 2D editor don't work for displaying props in Eden (because the old 'Empty' faction is effectively gone now, there is no category for them), but old vehicleclass entries do work for creating subcats for playable vehicles.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant, not a new model but a new class.

Both of your issues are related to mods and how they are configured. For weapons to be placeable in 3den, they need to have a 3d model specifically designed for that.

About the bloody bandages, they probably have only a scope 1 set in their configs. Therefore they are only available through scripting, not through the editor.

But how come then that in game you can drop on the ground any weapon (even those that are not under the prop category in eden) and have it show on the ground with its model ? Surely this must be replicable in the editor or via a script ?

Also, if you drop multiple items at the same time they will all spawn on the ground in one "weaponholder" why can't I replicate this by simply modifying the content of a weaponholder in Eden ? Modifying the contents results in the weapon holder disappearing :/

But how come then that in game you can drop on the ground any weapon (even those that are not under the prop category in eden) and have it show on the ground with its model ? Surely this must be replicable in the editor or via a script ?

Also, if you drop multiple items at the same time they will all spawn on the ground in one "weaponholder" why can't I replicate this by simply modifying the content of a weaponholder in Eden ? Modifying the contents results in the weapon holder disappearing :/

1.) Yeah, it's totally possible with scripting. Create a groundwaeponholder object and then addWeaponCargo a gun to it

2.) I think that might be a limitation in eden. It might also just be a weird 'feature' of weaponholders. They've always been one of the glitchier parts of the Arma experience

So a year later this is obviously more than possible in mods and from original bohe content. BUT how do mods get their items into the props category? I have a mod right now that could really use the objects it offers in the props category. is this a specific file type or what.