rekkless

Virtual Entities Don't Seem To Work, How To Add A Zeus Player?

So I can't seem to get any of the Virtual Entities to work.

Systems > Logic Entities > Virtual Entities

None of them seem to work, not the virtual spectator, not the Zeus. Not sure about headless client as I don't have one.

I'm trying to make a dedicated Zeus player (like in Master Altis)

Typically in the 2d editor (which it still does work) you drop in a Zeus Module, drop in a Zeus Virtual Entity. Give them names and make the Virtual Entity the owner of the module and force the interface.

Simple really. However it seems when you try and do that in the 3d editor and try and play that mission, when you get to the briefing screen it is just black like you don't have a map, and as soon as you click play the mission is a failure.

In multiplayer on a server the Zeus player will get stuck on the loading screen.

For a far more simplified approach, just dropping in a Virtual Spectator entity achieves the exact same result.

I have tried syncing modules and entities and all kinds of solutions and nothing will seem to work.

So is there a different way of making a Zeus Virtual Entity in the 3d editor or does it simply just not work?

• Like 2

I have the same issue. I've taken to using Civilian units (hidden away from the action) as Zeus.

Master Stratis & Master Altis still work, so maybe we need to extract those mission files and see what BIS are doing differently?

No problem Moricky, where is the best place to post bugs?

I've got a note pad with about 6 or so bugs I've noticed since the eden editor, from both in game to bugs with the Eden Editor itself.

Some are just annoyances (like the virtual entities no working) others are pretty significant. I would very much like to give feed back in the appropriate place that it will be seen and  possibly fixed in a hotfix (I certainly hope we aren't expected to wait until 1.58 for a fix to some of these bugs)

Since the feedback tracker is down now, posting issues here on forum would be the best way.