any chance to dress up the spawned units as the mission maker sees it fit, base  on classname? every ai spawner misses this feature. thx

Hey SENSEI,

I really like this project but I have a question about it. Is it possible to have the DCG mod kick in only with specific missions? The default set up runs it on every mission we run on our server and we only want the DCG mod to run with certain missions.

Now I read this above:

The unit pools can be map and mission specific. This is done by editing the serverconfig.hpp.
The first element in the unit pool determines how the pool is used. See below.
Also, I'm still updating the wiki with information like this.

{"ALL","O_soldier_AR_F","O_medic_F","O_soldier_exp_F","O_soldier_GL_F"} // this unitpool is used for ALL maps and missions
{"ALTIS","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_support_MG_F","O_soldier_M_F"} // this unitpool will only be used on Altis
{"DCG_WEST","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_soldier_M_F"} // this unitpool will only be used in missions named dcg_west

Does that mean that if we change all the ALL parameters in the serverconfig.hpp file to specific mission names that the DCG mod will only run on these missions and leave the other missions in our server rotation alone?

great mod, would like to use it more often now. I have also problems with editing the unitpool, though. Editing the custom factions in the serverconfig.hhp does not work. The script still spawns CSAT units. This example is particularly for Altis but "ALL" as map tag also did not work

class dcg_main_unitPoolEast {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "POOL";
value[] = {
{"ALTIS",rhs_msv_junior_sergeant","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner_assistant","rhs_msv_grenadier","rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_sergeant","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_strelok_rpg_assist","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_efreitor","rhs_msv_LAT"}
};
};
class dcg_main_vehPoolEast {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "POOL";
value[] = {
{"ALTIS","rhs_btr60_msv","rhs_btr70_msv","rhs_btr80_msv","rhs_btr80a_msv","rhs_tigr_msv","rhs_tigr_3camo_msv","rhs_tigr_sts_msv","rhs_tigr_sts_3camo_msv","rhs_tigr_m_3camo_msv","RHS_UAZ_MSV_01","rhs_uaz_open_MSV_01","RHS_Ural_Flat_MSV_01","rhs_gaz66o_msv","rhs_gaz66_msv","RHS_Ural_MSV_01","RHS_Ural_Flat_MSV_01","rhs_bmp1p_msv","rhs_bmp1d_msv","rhs_bmp1k_msv","rhs_bmp1p_msv","rhs_bmp2d_msv","rhs_bmp2k_msv","rhs_bmp3m_msv","rhs_bmp3_late_msv","rhs_brm1k_msv","rhs_Ob_681_2","rhs_prp3_msv"}
};
};
class dcg_main_airPoolEast {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "POOL";
value[] = {
{"ALTIS","RHS_Ka52_vvsc","RHS_Ka52_UPK23_vvsc","rhs_ka60_c","RHS_Mi24P_CAS_vvsc","RHS_Mi24P_AT_vvsc","RHS_Mi24V_FAB_vvsc","RHS_Mi24V_UPK23_vvsc","RHS_Mi8AMTSh_FAB_vvsc","RHS_Mi8AMTSh_UPK23_vvsc","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vvsc","RHS_Mi8MTV3_UPK23_vvsc"}
};
};
class dcg_main_sniperPoolEast {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "POOL";
value[] = {
{"ALTIS","rhs_vdv_mflora_marksman","rhs_vdv_marksman","rhs_vdv_des_marksman","rhs_vdv_recon_marksman","rhs_vmf_recon_marksman","rhs_mvd_izlom_marksman_vss"}
};
};
class dcg_main_officerPoolEast {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "POOL";
value[] = {
{"ALTIS","rhs_vmf_flora_officer","rhs_msv_emr_officer","rhs_msv_officer_armored","rhs_vdv_officer","rhs_vdv_officer_armored","rhs_vdv_mflora_officer","rhs_vmf_flora_officer","rhs_vmf_recon_officer"}
};
};

In one post I read the problem might be related to the Apex udpate and will be solved in the next update. So can I sit and wait or do I have to change anything on my side?

Also I have the problem that the tasks are generated at the same time.So I got 2x liberate city and 2x secondary tasks simultaneously. 

any chance to dress up the spawned units as the mission maker sees it fit, base  on classname? every ai spawner misses this feature. thx

This won't be included in the next release, but I'll look into it once 3.1.0.5 is squared away.

Hey SENSEI,

I really like this project but I have a question about it. Is it possible to have the DCG mod kick in only with specific missions? The default set up runs it on every mission we run on our server and we only want the DCG mod to run with certain missions.

Now I read this above:

Does that mean that if we change all the ALL parameters in the serverconfig.hpp file to specific mission names that the DCG mod will only run on these missions and leave the other missions in our server rotation alone?

This feature is included in the next release. Similar to the unit pools, dcg_main_init is a setting that takes "ALL", world names or mission names and enables/disables DCG accordingly.

great mod, would like to use it more often now. I have also problems with editing the unitpool, though. Editing the custom factions in the serverconfig.hhp does not work. The script still spawns CSAT units. This example is particularly for Altis but "ALL" as map tag also did not work

In one post I read the problem might be related to the Apex udpate and will be solved in the next update. So can I sit and wait or do I have to change anything on my side?

Also I have the problem that the tasks are generated at the same time.So I got 2x liberate city and 2x secondary tasks simultaneously. 

The unit pool issue is fixed for 3.1.0.5; no changes required on your end. 

I haven't ran into the issue of two secondary tasks spawning at the same time, but you can set the number of occupied locations in the serverconfig. The setting is dcg_occupy_locationCount.

Hello!

I would like to say that this mod is amazing and thank you for spending so much time on it. 

However are you planning to add a system such as Spyder questioning into civs?  I would like a feature that allows you to interact with one civ directly not the entire group (Like the current system have). And also are you planning to release a mission template for Takistan?

fJZs1W4.png

Dynamic Combat Generator 3.1.0.5 (Pre-release)

Download | Repository | Issue Tracker | Wiki

What is DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is an Arma 3 mod designed to help mission makers quickly enhance their cooperative scenarios by supplying a collection of easy to use, modular addons.

What's Included in DCG?
  • Modularity
  • Save/load functionality
  • Occupied cities with patrolling and garrisoned enemies
  • Scaling enemy strength
  • Dynamically spawned patrols
  • Enemy static emplacements and sniper teams
  • Populated cities
  • Civilian interaction
  • Dynamically spawned civilian traffic
  • Hostile civilians
  • Terrain based animal spawns
  • Approval system
  • FOB construction system
  • Transportation system
  • Dynamic weather
  • Unit caching
  • Headless client support
  • ACE3 support
  • ACRE2 support
  • TFAR support
  • Coop mission

How Do I Use DCG?
The latest version of Community Based Addons is required on the server and client.

Server Setup
  • Extract the DCG and CBA zip files to the server's Arma 3 folder
  • After extracting the files, @dcg, @cba_a3 and the userconfig folder should exist in the server's Arma 3 directory
  • If you wish to customize DCG's settings, edit serverconfig.hpp found in the userconfig folder. For more info on DCG's settings see, Customizing DCG Settings
  • If you would like to set up a mission for DCG, take a quick look at Setting up a DCG compatible mission

Can I Contribute to DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is open source and hosted on Github. Feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request. Teamwork makes the dream work!

What's Changed in 3.1.0.5?

Happy Labor Day! I've uploaded the latest pre-release version of DCG. There are plenty improvements in this update including... 

Approval Addon
This addon introduces a scoring system that tracks how well players are doing in their cooperative scenario. Events such as liberating a city, building a forward operating base and killing a non-hostile civilian all influence your approval value. This value is used to determine how helpful local civilians will be, the chance of hostility and more. Finally, approval is tracked regionally. This means events will only influence the surrounding area, allowing for a more dynamic environment.

FOB Improvements 
In order to make the FOB a more useful asset on the battlefield, a controllable (camera only) recon UAV has been added to the base. The drone will circle the FOB allowing for greater awareness of the surrounding region. In addition, players can now resupply at the FOB.

Keybindings
This update introduces keybindings to DCG. The keybindings are customizable through the configure menu using CBA's system and sorted by addon.

Changelog 

Added
- approval addon
     - regional approval system
     - civilian questioning
     - hostile civilians
- respawn addon
     - restore loadout on respawn
- new primary and secondary tasks
- fob recon UAV
- fob armory access
- tanoa weather data
- tanoa mission template
- addon keybindings
- ACEX headless client compatibility
- ability to globally disable mod using dcg_main_init array

Changed
- cache addon now uses disableAI on cached units
- base spawning improved to support dynamically spawned templates for tasks
- hostile civilian functionality improved and moved to approval addon

Fixed
- server addon inclusion of serverconfig.hpp settings
- refined ied placement
- several task fixes
- transport AI audio repeatedly playing on landing
- unit surrender error in occupied locations
- occupied location reinforcements handler doesn't exit properly
- occupied location units don't patrol when loaded from mission data
- setPatrol code running on cached units
- units sometimes spawn in water
- several code optimizations

Does this make any sense in the SP world? I pretty often use DAC there, but always watch out for alternatives.

Does this make any sense in the SP world? I pretty often use DAC there, but always watch out for alternatives.

Never used DAC so cant comment directly to it's comparison with DCG.  DCG does have some nice direct integration with ACE if that is in use.  Aside from that it is a ridiculously easy way to run a dedicated server that chucks out different missions all over the map.  Works locally, too, if just running a mission on your machine.

At the moment, DCG won't function in singleplayer. The focus has always been cooperative play. However, I'll test it out and see what happens. 

Appreciate it  :D

• Like 2

This sounds really nice.

I'd love to just jump into SP with this, set up a FOB and go on numerous patrols for hours and get into trouble.  

Then again I may have the wrong impression on what this does.  But the name of your mod invokes hours of good old ARMA fun in my mind hah =)

Hi there SENSEII,

how exactly does the saving work?

I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate saving R3F objects pulled out from the creation factory (If it doesn't do this already of course).

Also having trouble getting the FOB to work correctly using either of the two missions you provided.

We deploy it and it tells us to use SHIFT + DOWN. Nothing occurs. We also tried "Requesting Control" and again tells us to use SHIFT + DOWN and nothing works.

We are using headless client aswell, if that helps.

Hi there SENSEII,

how exactly does the saving work?

I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate saving R3F objects pulled out from the creation factory (If it doesn't do this already of course).

Also having trouble getting the FOB to work correctly using either of the two missions you provided.

We deploy it and it tells us to use SHIFT + DOWN. Nothing occurs. We also tried "Requesting Control" and again tells us to use SHIFT + DOWN and nothing works.

We are using headless client aswell, if that helps.

The data is saved to an array in the server's profilenamespace. At the moment, DCG only saves data relevant to the addons, but I'll implement a way to save custom data like R3F objects. 

Concerning the FOB, what other mods are running on the server and client?
Shift + Down is the default keybinding set using CBA. Try changing that in the configure menu. Also, try testing another FOB action using a keybinding. This will tell me if it's an issue with the keybind system or something else.

Aside from the keybinding, you should be able to use the FOB through the vanilla action menu or ACE interaction menu (if ACE is enabled). Does this method work for you?

Yes, I know it's not that hard to manage non workshop mods using the ArmA 3 launcher.  Still, any chance you might consider adding DCG to the steam workshop?

Hello. We're having some issues I think it's caused by the database saving. We have to delete mission data and switch slots constantly, if we don't then we're stuck in loading screen for some fucked up reason. Some times it works, some times it don't. Happends to all our members in the unit.

Yes, I know it's not that hard to manage non workshop mods using the ArmA 3 launcher.  Still, any chance you might consider adding DCG to the steam workshop?

It's on the way.

Hello. We're having some issues I think it's caused by the database saving. We have to delete mission data and switch slots constantly, if we don't then we're stuck in loading screen for some fucked up reason. Some times it works, some times it don't. Happends to all our members in the unit.

Hmm, I haven't run into this issue. Please provide the server's rpt file with the debug mission param turned on. 

Hey,

nice update, thanks for this. But I still have the problem that only the "liberate" mission type is generated, no other types or secondary ones. Do I have to change anything in the config file?

};
class dcg_task_primaryTasks {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "";
value[] = {
"dcg_task_fnc_pVip",
"dcg_task_fnc_pCache",
"dcg_task_fnc_pOfficer",
"dcg_task_fnc_pDefend"
};
};
class dcg_task_secondaryTasks {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "";
value[] = {
"dcg_task_fnc_sDeliver",
"dcg_task_fnc_sRepair"
};

Any ideas?

Hey,

nice update, thanks for this. But I still have the problem that only the "liberate" mission type is generated, no other types or secondary ones. Do I have to change anything in the config file?

};
class dcg_task_primaryTasks {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "";
value[] = {
"dcg_task_fnc_pVip",
"dcg_task_fnc_pCache",
"dcg_task_fnc_pOfficer",
"dcg_task_fnc_pDefend"
};
};
class dcg_task_secondaryTasks {
typeName = "ARRAY";
typeDetail = "";
value[] = {
"dcg_task_fnc_sDeliver",
"dcg_task_fnc_sRepair"
};

Any ideas?

Yep, replace your userconfig file with the new one. The default task names changed and some settings were added. 

@ SENSEII

How can you change the type of air frame that is called in for transport? On the "dcg_west.altis" The option is for an enemy Orca helo. Gets shot down every time.

• Like 1

@ SENSEII

How can you change the type of air frame that is called in for transport? On the "dcg_west.altis" The option is for an enemy Orca helo. Gets shot down every time.

That's my bad. dcg_main_playerSide is set to EAST instead of WEST in the init.sqf of the mission. I'm releasing the fix soon, just wrapping up some other changes. 

• Like 1

That's my bad. dcg_main_playerSide is set to EAST instead of WEST in the init.sqf of the mission. I'm releasing the fix soon, just wrapping up some other changes. 

Ok thanks, also how can we change why type of air frames are used for trans port and maybe change the Arty rdy timer as well?

Ok thanks, also how can we change why type of air frames are used for trans port and maybe change the Arty rdy timer as well?

You can set the transport type by changing dcg_main_airPool in the userconfig file (there's an airPool setting for each side). This setting is used for several things in DCG, but any helicopter with cargo seats will be added to the transport set.

The artillery timer isn't an exposed setting at the moment; I'll think about adding it to the userconfig. If you want to edit it yourself, it's set in this file

• Like 1

You can set the transport type by changing dcg_main_airPool in the userconfig file (there's an airPool setting for each side). This setting is used for several things in DCG, but any helicopter with cargo seats will be added to the transport set.

The artillery timer isn't an exposed setting at the moment; I'll think about adding it to the userconfig. If you want to edit it yourself, it's set in this file

Ok thanks will take a look and see what I find.