ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

39 minutes ago, tourist said:

@DEVS: how should I set the IED Module in the current version if I have an assymetric OPFOR and want the "old" coincidence between the area under their control and the appearance of the IED's? 

This is probably a better question for our forums.

However, to answer your question you should sync the IED module to your Asymmetric AI Commander module to ensure that areas either being targeted or controlled by enemy forces have IED's and suicide bombers.

You should be aware that when syncing IED module with your Asymmetric AI Commander, the IED threat level is ignored. OPCOM will decide where and how many IEDs to place separately. So IED module TAOR and Blacklist are ignored too.

I don't believe Asymmetric AI Commanders use VBIEDs yet... but when they do, they will be epic. ;)

• Like 3

Cool, thx for the quick answer! And now I know that syncing the module to the assym commander will make some great, unpredictable gameplay!  I'll be safe nowhere...

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.4.0 (Build 1709191) HOTFIX

A Rare Hotfix

Due to an abject failure in our QA department a couple of niggly bugs made it through to release.  The minions have been duly whipped and sent to join Boba Fett.  The manglement would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.  No animals were harmed in the making of this mod.

• Build version set to 1.4.0.1709191 (1.4.0 release hotfix)
  • [SYS_PLAYER] Fix global init halting when player persistence is set to disabled (caused the infamous infinite loadscreen)
  • [INDEX] Malden updated (something something Laws of War where did my Civs go?)
  • [MAIN] Fix error in AI_Distributor (dreadful rpt spam)
  • See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Have fun!

• Like 8

Does anybody know why I see falling civ vehicles when I get into the spawn radius.....I see them fall from hundreds of feet to the floor...strange?

27 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Does anybody know why I see falling civ vehicles when I get into the spawn radius.....I see them fall from hundreds of feet to the floor...strange?

The latest update has some fixes for an issue like this. Are you up to date? Is this within Zeus? Can you provide a mission that demonstrates it?

EDIT: Not trying to sound snarky by all the ?'s haha. Just not sure how else to ask these things :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Woah.... lay off the insanity peppers there Reaper  :don11:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

The latest update has some fixes for an issue like this. Are you up to date? Is this within Zeus? Can you provide a mission that demonstrates it?

EDIT: Not trying to sound snarky by all the ?'s haha. Just not sure how else to ask these things :)

Yeah - all up to date :)

I have not yet tested since this recent hotfix.  Sounds like a good excuse to boot up some ArmA this evening!!!  Don't tell the wife ;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Yeah - all up to date :)

I have not yet tested since this recent hotfix.  Sounds like a good excuse to boot up some ArmA this evening!!!  Don't tell the wife ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the hotfix won't have any fixes for this. So if you do see it again, please share how to duplicate it. 

Because if you don't...I will tell your wife everything!!!!! ;)

• Like 1

seems a simple question so hopefully it is.

Very intrigued by ALIVE and want to play a nice simple full island battle with most of the features.  Don't want Zeus (seems to take me out of the immersion).  Where can I find scenarios.  Been looking on Armaholic but it seems hard to find ALIVE specific ones.  The ones of the ALIVE mod website don't seem to load up for me.  Any recommendations/links.  Looking for one that takes no dependent mods other than the ALIVE standards.

Thanks!

ORBAT no longer works. Make a faction and it'll never allow you to add static vehicles. Try and convert the faction config it spits out to .bin using cfgconvert and get errors about input after end of file. Unusable until you manually edit it yourself and if you could do that in the first place there would be no reason to use ORBAT.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:00 AM, reaper lok said:

I see the same thing on random maps including Bohemia CUP maps.

Does this civilian vehicles floating around bug happen on (older) persisted missions? The bug was fixed in recent ALiVE builds but they may be persisted in their old floaty state.

@pognivet:

can confirm the ORBAT problem with static vehicles like HMG or Mortars, but the rest of the units and groups can be worked with and they get properly exported and can be used without error messages. 

What addons did you use for ORBATTING? I had CUP Units and created a new faction out of the Takistani Army.  

@pognivet Regarding floating vehicles, is this happening with a save from before the latest release or a fresh one? You’re the second person to mention this, but I haven’t seem anyone confirm it’s happening with fresh missions.

I had seen the falling vehicles a little while ago, probably two months ago on Malden, this was without persistence, but just when they would spawn on the roads.

I've seen the falling vehicles as well a few weeks ago, to the point where I just got rid of ambient vehicles bc it occurred pretty frequently. I'll turn them back on to see if it still occurs since the update.

This should be fixed now. Any reports of it occurring before this fix (AKA the most recent update) is not useful. If anyone is seeing this with a fresh persistent save, please don’t hesitate to share and ideally post a repro mission or repro steps.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:25 AM, tourist said:

@pognivet:

can confirm the ORBAT problem with static vehicles like HMG or Mortars, but the rest of the units and groups can be worked with and they get properly exported and can be used without error messages. 

What addons did you use for ORBATTING? I had CUP Units and created a new faction out of the Takistani Army.  

I was trying to edit the new VME PLA faction. It seems that depending on how a faction is set up initially in its original config ORBAT can have problems with it. I've seen it with RHS, the Chinese thing and something else I don't remember. Maybe because they have weird scripting attached to some of their vehicles and/or units. I don't blame the ALIVE people. It's hard enough making ORBAT interpret configs to begin with. Although I've had to manually edit a lot of the configs it spits out to get it to work right with the classnames and such.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:00 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

This should be fixed now. Any reports of it occurring before this fix (AKA the most recent update) is not useful. If anyone is seeing this with a fresh persistent save, please don’t hesitate to share and ideally post a repro mission or repro steps.

I have been playing on both Malden and some CUP maps (Takistan mostly), and am happy to report no evidence of falling vehicles.  Many thanx for looking into this!!

• Like 1

I know it sounds like a noob question... but I am a noob! 

What should I type in the player combat supports' code box to remove the NVG to the chopper's crew?

MACC / Interval adjustable

Would be a nice feature if the interval of activity of the air-commander would be adjustable.

Now I think every 2-5 minutes the MACC become active. For me every 10-30 minutes are a better option.

I have too much action on the beginning of the mission.

hello, i have been taking a break from arma for the last few months but i have been meaning to report this for a while, a long while. i have a mission on Malden, its a simple insurgency.  I say simple, because outside of what alive does there are no other scripts. My server has several other mods running, ACE(x), ASRAI, sanchez headgore, and a bunch of client side mods are allowed. I am posting today because i am reading about these floating/falling vehicles.

On my malden mission, from Day one of the maps release, i have had falling vehicles. when i approach a town/city/villa that spawns a vehicle. I see the vehicle spawn in the air about 1-200m up and then fall and explode or not(depending on where they are). This has Not gone away, as i just witnessed it the other day. i know im only suppose to post errors that occur with only cba and alive. so ill make a test version and see if the issue still persists. again i just want to point out though that the only server mods are CBA, ACE, acex, Alive, headgore. i dont see how those would affect the spawning of civilian vehicles in Alive. but ill test, i just wanted to point it out that i have seen this since the release of malden, and have only been playing on malden, so thats is my only point of reference.