ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Good stuff, gives us a bit of breathing space!  We'll probably still retool to inArea though, cos it's betterer like y'know.

• Like 1

So I just had to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC again and I have a question about Persistence and Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

When I first setup the computer, I just went ahead and turned my firewall and Defender off. I don't really know anything about computers or whatever but this time around, I'm trying not to muck about with the settings so I can definitely figure out why my computer is/was having problems.

So from what I understand, firewall settings can interfere with persistence. Am I correct on that? Would there be any way to just exclude it from checking Arma or should I just turn it off again?

And with Defender, is it necessary to add Arma as an exclusion too or do I just need to make sure Arma3.exe or Steam is being run as Administrator?

Not really sure what the recommended way to handle this is. Any help would be great.

disable that crap (Windows Firewall), the only thing you need to do is open the corresponding ports for arma3 on your router

and forward them to your gaming computer or server

for virus and malware protection you should leave running the Windows Defender, add there a exception for "arma3.exe" and "steam.exe"

in my case for example, I did add a exception for the whole drive where I installed my games so that this drive and game executables never get scanned

but remark if you install other anti virus software then disable Windows Defender because they will interfere with each other!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

test after with a port checker tool if they are working and open

here a example of my port configurations:

*Arma
Ports:
UDP: 2302-2305

*Steam Game client traffic
Ports:
UDP: 27000-27015

*Steam downloads
Ports:
TCP: 27014-27050

*Steam
Ports:
UDP: 4380

there is absolute no need for casual computer users to run twice a firewall, most modern routers do have already a firewall installed and running by default

it is in most cases rather counterproductive the use of a second (software) firewall behind a hardware based firewall that is running already from your router!

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

• Like 1

With AuTigerGrad's amazing Brothers Keeper hitting the front page on Workshop (congrats bro! Your missions are the best!) I figured now would be a good time to re-post this War Room and TADST dedicated server setup instructions post originally made by (all around nice guy) Brawler. Once you get your dedicated server set up, refer to ALiVE's War Room for how to connect the server to it for persistence. Info on that can be found here but be sure to register to get access: http://alivemod.com/user/login

Now the server setup instructions:

How to setup a local dedicated server for ALiVE

Step 1:

Download TADST from Armaholic, and unzip the content to desktop. Copy TADST.ext to your arma 3 directory. Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3. Make a new shortcut on TADST.exe and but it on your desktop.

Step 2:

Click on windows icon and then search for all programs, type: ¨run¨ and then the run application will open. Type cmd in the text field, then it will open a DOS interface. Type inn ipconfig/all and press enter. You will se alot off ip adresses. Take note of the following ip adresses:

IP adress

Networkmask.

Standard Gateway

DNS Server

DNS Server alternative

Step 3:

Right click on your nettwork ikon to buttom right on your desktop, and click on network and sharingcenter. Then you click change setting for network cards. Locate your active network card and right click and select properties. Then you will see a menu, locate Internett protocoll 4 TCP/IPv4, select that, and click on properties. Selct manual configuration on both Ip adresses and DNS adresses. Type in the values you took note off in step 2. click on OK, USE and OK. Its important that yout PC is on a Static IP, se step 4.

Step 4:

Open a internett explorer, type in the Standard Gateway adress you took note on step 2, press enter.

Then you shoud se the login interface to your router, if you dont know your login details, its normaly: username: admin, password: is your default key, labeled under you router. locate the settings for port forwarding, normaly it shown under network security, depending of your router. You must allow port 2302-2305 to be open, in most cases you must also define and IP adress for a server or a divice, ie your dedicated server for arma 3.

Step 5:

Click on this link: http://www.whatsmyip.org/, take note on the ip adress displaying. This is your external ip adress, witch you must use in War Room.

Step 6:

Go to: http://alivemod.com/user/login and create an account, create a new group and click on create a server. Follow the server setup instructions. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UPDATE @Aliveserver and ALiVE.cfg after each update on alive!

Step 7:

Open TADST, follow guide on armaholic on how to setup TADST. The only thing that is not noted on the guide is the value on Steam port, the correct value is 2305 not 8766.

Select a ALiVE mission,

(try one of the official missions from ALiVE, you find them in @AliVE, Demo, MP. Copy the ALiVE_Insurgency_Redux.Altis.pbo or the mission of your choice and paste it to MPmissions in Arma3 directory.) And you need to run the exact same mods as your client but include @aliveserver aswell. Click LOUNCH

Remember to shut down Steam client, the Steam client must always be shut down before you starting your dedicated server!

Step 8:

Start Steam client again and start arma3. Go to multiplayer and click on filters, type in your name on your server, it might take some time before it shows up! When it shows up join your server and start to play! When you want to save your mission: open chat and type login yourpassword defined in TADST, click on Server Save and Exit. Login in to War Room and and check that the stats is showing up and everything look ok. If it is, then cudos to you.

And some additional resources I found useful:

This video got me started: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=wVe00a6NfzA

This video helped clarify forwarding the ports: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=iVt5vJWNS68

This video is another example. Note however I did not create a new folder for all of my ARMA files. I did it all in the same folder I play single player with: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=DGlzFKpn5O4

Keep in mind also, I used the default 8766 for my Steam port in TADST. Also, when registering with War Room, when it asks for your IP, it doesn't actually want your static internal. It wants your external. You can find that at whatsmyip.org

I'm super new to this and don't really know what I'm doing. :) I have everything set up now using these guides but also note I'm having a problem continuing where I left off at the moment from War Room but I THINK that's a "me" thing so you SHOULD be ok. I'll post the solution here regardless once I figure it out.

Edited for today...I obviously figured this part out. I was a "me" thing. LOL!

• Like 2

I know there's been some talk about ALIVE and saving multiplayer games as of late, however I can't seem to save singleplayer missions now.

Is there any reason for that or is it just something wrong on my end?

I know there's been some talk about ALIVE and saving multiplayer games as of late, however I can't seem to save singleplayer missions now.

Is there any reason for that or is it just something wrong on my end?

It is disabled by default in the ALiVE (Required) module. This is done because trying to save an ALiVE mission using standard Arma saving methods is prone to crashing the game as there is a lot of data being stored.

• Like 1

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.0.3

1.0.3 Update - ACE integration with War Room, Bug Fixes and Map Indexing

vcbwarroom1.png

Bug Fixes
The third release since GA! Indeed, since our GA we've had some great feedback on our forum (http://alivemod.com/forum/) and also some bug reports. This is our 3rd update in almost as many weeks and features some important fixes. We added the first community created map index in Australia - by Fadi! SpyderBlack has been busy improving our C2ISTAR tablet performance for intel and taskings. We've squashed a major issue with our Indexing Tool that slipped through QA. We've also fixed some more issues with Combat Support and addressed some community reported bugs relating to multispawn, IEDs and much more.

Are you using ACE? Would you like to use our mission persistence and stats with War Room?
Good news! We've now fixed the issues related to registering kills and weapon usage with ACE! Many thanks to support of the ACE team and specifically Glowbal! Join the War Room Now!

Map Indexing
Yes, we've added Australia - but there are so many more maps to do! We are relying on you guys to get to grips with out indexing tool... Its really simple to setup and use and everything is done IN GAME! Our instructions for using the Map Indexer have been UPDATED and can be found here - http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Remember playing MSO on Takistan?
With the latest release of the amazing Community Upgrade Project including both BAF and US Army forces, we have recreated one of MSO's most popular missions! A 32 COOP dynamic persistent mission in Takistan taking on Militias and insurgents! The mission requires the full set of CUP downloads (Terrains, Weapons, Units, Vehicles). You can download the sample mission (unbinarized) here - CO32_A3CUPALIVE_BAF_USA_vs_TAK_INS.Takistan.zip

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam. (Within 24 hours of this post)

Note for server admins that this build requires the 1.0.0 or newer @ALiVEServer package. Any old versions (i.e. before 1.0.0) should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.
Please avoid posting issues/questions related to bugs etc on this thread. Devs and support will answer questions on our forum.

Release Highlights
  • Fixed ACE missions working with ALiVE War Room - Go! Go! Go!
  • Map Indexing Tool Fixed - now fully working
  • Added Australia map thanks to Fadi - first community index!
  • Fixed Kunduz index
  • Various fixes and enhancements to Combat Support
  • Various fixes and enhancements to Command Tablet
  • Fixed IED errors since 1.0.2
  • Fixed patrol readiness issues
  • Fixed Multispawn issues with helicopter insertion
  • Added "respawn with gear" option to Multispawn
  • Moved T.R.A.C.E. Intel system from CQB to C2ISTAR
  • Eden Compatibility with ALiVE Modules and default values
Changelog

[VARIOUS] Fixed placement modules Readiness parameter not working properly when option other than 100% was selected.
[MIL C2ISTAR] Set input default to Array as _logic needs to be a hash
[MIL CQB] Disabled client FPS reporting as obsolete since JIP-AI-spawn option was disabled
[MIL_C2ISTAR] Fix error due to incorrect usage of BIS_fnc_param
[X_LIB] Fixed fnc_inArea to handle location objects
[sUP MULTISPAWN] Fixed crew was not deleted from a synced helicopter. Fixed: If a synced helicopter was not of the same faction as the player (f.e. if default vehicle was chosen) then insertion worked only once, making players hang in waiting screen. Fixed: If an ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_%FACTION% marker was used and a vehicle was synced a script error was thrown. Added: "Respawn With Gear" option on the module (backward compatible)
[iNDEXES] Added full index of Australia (thanks Fadi)
[sUP_COMMAND] Fixes getPos --> getDir
[sUP_COMMAND] Reverting to group list now works when a waypoint is selected. Performance improvements
[X LIB] Fixed: Group didn't move to ambush position properly on HC
[MAIN] Enabled Kunduz data
[VARIOUS] Fixed wrong or missing default values on modules placed with 3DEN
[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Fixed issue where rounds for incorrect Ordnance
[sUP_COMMAND] Pressing back when editing a group's waypoints will reset to group list instead of commander selection. Reverted dynamic profile selection radius.
[sYS_INDEXER] Fix indexing for non dev environments.
[MIL CQB | MIL C2ISTAR] Moved T.R.A.C.E. Intel system from CQB to C2ISTAR. Fixed: TRACE was marking grids green for players of other sides. Fixed: Sometimes grids were not showing as cleared for JIP players. Fixed: Re-occupied grids were not always uncleared, but stayed green. Improved: every side now gets their own cleared sectors displayed. Improved: Storing cleared sectors-data (preparation for DB persistency).
[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Fixed buttons turning back when focused
[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Added code field to artillery module
[sYS_STATISTICS] Fixed issue where number of shots fired per weapon were not reported
[sYS_STATISTICS] Added compatibility for ACE and War Room stats when using ACE Medical and preventing instant deaths. ACE kills now recorded!
[sYS_STATISTICS] Initial fix for ACE damage / kills compatibility
[sYS_INDEXER] Removed debug output
[sYS_DATA] Improved logging for clarity
[sYS_VIEWDISTANCE] Fixed rpt error caused by duplicated logic creation
[VARIOUS] Fixed remaining UI errors ("cannot load control")
[MIL CQB] Changed "error" to "none" to avoid sys data false-positives
[MIL C2ISTAR] Fixed ALiVE_taskhandler and ALiVE_taskhandlerClient haven't been created correctly and script error was thrown if task events were received from the server before task system was fully initialized locally on the JIP client
[sYS PROFILE] Fixed: If a persistent mission was loaded from DB then newly created virtual groups where not given unique IDs (overwriting existing groups in some cases)
[VARIOUS] Removed usage of BIS_fnc_inTrigger and switched to ALiVE_fnc_inArea
[X LIB] Updated ALiVE_fnc_inArea to accept also position-array as input

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

What's Next?
The Indexing Tool is a key step towards enabling us to open ALiVE source, which will be branded ALiVE.OS to differentiate it from our own dev branch. We are finalising the T's & C's for the new development approach and expect to publish some further details soon.

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 8

one question left, if hosting alive local (@home) with a dynamic ip, supports warroom dyndns (asdf.ddns.net etc..), instead of static ip input?

Is it possible to implimentieren an option for the ratio of, number player vs AI?

one question left, if hosting alive local (@home) with a dynamic ip, supports warroom dyndns (asdf.ddns.net etc..), instead of static ip input?

Negative it must be an IP address.  It's easy to update this on your War Room account when it changes - the down side is you'll have to keep an eye on when it changes.

• Like 1

Negative it must be an IP address.  It's easy to update this on your War Room account when it changes - the down side is you'll have to keep an eye on when it changes.

thanks for the reply, sadly every 24 hours so its no real solution wish the old mso system with local database back...

It is disabled by default in the ALiVE (Required) module. This is done because trying to save an ALiVE mission using standard Arma saving methods is prone to crashing the game as there is a lot of data being stored.

Yeah, I'm noticing this as an issue.

I'm assuming there are ways around this for multiplayer (databases and whatnot), but not SP?

Yeah, I'm noticing this as an issue.

I'm assuming there are ways around this for multiplayer (databases and whatnot), but not SP?

No real workarounds for SP other than keep the mission small. If you have access to Internet while playing, it's recommended to setup a local dedicated server and save to the ALIVE online database.

thanks for the reply, sadly every 24 hours so its no real solution wish the old mso system with local database back...

Your IP changes every 24 hours???  Ouch... that sucks  :(    Check with your ISP they may have an option to pay for a static IP.. usually it's just a few bucks.

The old MSO - SQL setup was a nightmare to support and maintain hence the move to a cloud DB.

An option to restrict the max size of spawned infantry groups would be awesome for all the non ALiVE friendly factions addons out there :)

This has to be done by the faction's addon config.  There is nothing ALiVE can do about it.

Do you have Mikero's tools installed? Can you run DeWRP from cmd.exe ok?

Do you have Mikero's tools installed? Can you run DeWRP from cmd.exe ok?

At first I only installed the tools specifically mentioned in the instruction. After installing all of Mikeros Tools and checking that DeWRP works, I still end up with a game crash after starting the map indexer. 

Here's the new rpt and dmps:

RPT: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3E7D04A244F7D6E!23135&authkey=!AOriC-utzZrVnYA&ithint=file%2crpt

MDMP: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3E7D04A244F7D6E!23136&authkey=!AKSr8GWNrVrlP0s&ithint=file%2cmdmp

BIDMP: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3E7D04A244F7D6E!23134&authkey=!AJmWan6g8tF_UyM&ithint=file%2cbidmp