Congrats on the release!

I only got one issue, there is a massive JSRS logo on your website kinda "preventing" to visit the download sectio, it always goes to the main page.

Yup congrats on the release, audio plays a massive part of the immersion for me and it thanks to modders like yourself we can enjoy a better gaming experience! 

Thank you very much for your work and dedication LJ. Congrats on this release! 

Will give it a deeper try asap, but the few i heard this far is excellent. Special mention for the movement sounds and their volumes, giving some very interesting "flesh" to the avatar, and the environmental sounds : wind, fauna, echoes and how these sounds are interacting is great!

Same for the vehicle sounds, your work on the details is impressive. And damn, the gunshots are punchy!

Great immersion value here. Very nice job :)

Looks amazing, I can't wait to give it a try.

Tell me; just out of curiosity I've noticed a number of mods specifically state they don't want to be on steam workshop. What is the reasoning behind this?

The reason behind this is the Steam EULA.

• Like 1

Thankyou, thankyou, thank you and THANK YOU for focusing on environmental sounds too.

These usually get so little attention, while being responsible for such a large part of immersion, that I can't even say.  Yeah, guns and vehicles are important too, but first of all you need to sink into the island itself. I - m - m - e- r - s -i -o -n.  Thank you. Thank you for the wind howling, the trees cracking, the birds singing, the cicadas rattling, the bees buzzing all like a symhony. Un - fuckin - believable.

It is becoming another game now with all those alive forests and fields, and sounds. Really. 

My only gripe: the changes in different environments are a bit too short thus noticeable

One step back, you hear the trees, one step forward, you hear the town, although there is only one chapel in the middle of the forest. I know A3's environment system, and I can guess how hard it can be to hit the right spot, but this seems to be the only thing now sucking me out of Altis.

• Like 1

My only gripe: the changes in different environments are a bit too short thus noticeable

One step back, you hear the trees, one step forward, you hear the town, although there is only one chapel in the middle of the forest. I know A3's environment system, and I can guess how hard it can be to hit the right spot, but this seems to be the only thing now sucking me out of Altis.

Thanks ;)

Well that's the triggers that activate the different areas. I can't really change these actually.

LJ

I really don't want to play the smart kid here, so forgive me if it seems I do.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the fade in/out distances a bit longer? It may be less fortunate in some aspects, but would be less noticeable for sure. Still it is needed only to make the mod from 99% to 100%. :)

I really don't want to play the smart kid here, so forgive me if it seems I do.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the fade in/out distances a bit longer? It may be less fortunate in some aspects, but would be less noticeable for sure. Still it is needed only to make the mod from 99% to 100%. :)

On the samples you mean? That's not a good idea because when they loop they mute for a second.

And in the config there are no distances set for environment as it depends on the environment trigger. Maybe I might have overseen something?!

LJ

And in the config there are no distances set for environment as it depends on the environment trigger. Maybe I might have overseen something?!

Lol, never seen a config from inside, I was just thinking. I accept this limitation, thank you for the environment again!

Greetings LJ,

The environmental tapestry you've created here is just stunning, varied and rich wherever you are on the map.

I selected a unit in the editor (no guns) and just absorbed the soundscape......beautiful.

Thank you.

Glad someone took to take a look at these effects :) Its incredible what is possible with just some simple configs hehe.

Thanks to everyone, enjoy your Sunday! ;)

LJ

With that in mind.......while i appreciate the work that goes into weaponry and transport, would creating standalone environmental soundscapes be something of interest to you?

Someone with such a talent for creating such stunning ambience, It would be fascinating to see you turn your hand to something like a Post Apocalyptic setting.......  :pray:

• Like 1

Nice mod thanks for the release.

If have just one question.

Is it normal that your explosives nearly all have the same sound, or are some sounds just placeholder?

For example i could not tell the difference if there was a explosion of a big IED or a claymor.

a little snipit from our serverlog: http://pastebin.com/Ast1zHv1

- switching firemode is too loud. Why should i hear this switching? Even from more then 1m away?

- pistol sound medium range (300m) very loud.

- firefights far away between others have sometimes a strange sound soundscape. Like a bit from laser sound, very damped.

- grenade is loud (which is good), 230mm arty compared to that is too silent.

- helicopters are very silent. The rotorblade sound is as load as the turbines (and they are very load in RL). In JSRS 2.2 this was much better.

CQC is very nice.

Overall i would say that that its not needed to make all louder ;) (loudness war) but more in relation to another. Like smoke grenade sound is as loud as a helicopter 200m away? Or artillery make you normally deaf. Perhaps just a bit balancing. We will take it as it is and will be glad for your support ;)

Just noticed that the Mk14 gunshot sound is the same with or without silencer : unsilenced.

Just noticed that the Mk14 gunshot sound is the same with or without silencer : unsilenced.

Oh... Well there was a moment when there was no silencer for the m14 and I thought it would never possible. I'll get that fixed.

LJ

• Like 1

Great sound mod ! By far the best up to that moment, thank you for your work LordJarhead.

Environmental sounds are fantastic (dogs, domestic animals.. ), sound postioning is much more better now. Vehicle engines sounds are very nice too, the armored tracks are great. Is the first time since I play arma when I can say with certain that a sound is in front or in back (i am using a 5.1 headset with an creative sound card).

The thing that hits me hardest now is that most of guns sounds different and in this moment I cannot recognize them properly. I often give  interpretation of a heavier weapon like the armored mounted turrets to smaller hand guns.

Also sometimes the sounds level are a bit to high and I am referring here the bullets ricochet especially.

One more time, big thanks for your hard work LordJarhead   !

Really good job here mate! I love the softer whump! sounds of distant explosions and 40mm grenades. One tiny personal thing- I would imagine the Kaiman chopper to be much louder as it has the double rotors-it is a little soft.But still-an incredible achievement. i sat in a car listening to the rain for about 5 minutes :D

Excellent. No Play with Six option ?

Excellent. No Play with Six option ?

The guys at withSix probably haven't gone back to work yet since it's Sunday so they will probably see this mod and push it to PWS by Monday morning.

a little snipit from our serverlog: http://pastebin.com/Ast1zHv1

- switching firemode is too loud

- pistol sound medium range (300m) very loud

- firefights far away between others have sometimes a strange sound soundscape. Like a bit from laser sound, very damped.

- grenade is loud (which is good), 230mm arty compared to that is too silent.

CQC is very nice.

The Audio Stream: Cannot load sound for reloading and firemode classes is a network problem that appears with all soundmods. The sounds are there, aren't they? You hear them when switching firemode, which you stated is too loud. So its a network problem that makes the game thing that sounds are missing. We have this since ArmA1 I think :X

The rest will be fixed.

LJ

Hi LJ

I only had a quick play test yesterday as i had to go to work. I fired up the editor and gotta admit i really liked it but i placed a soldier underneath a flying Huron for example and wondered if there's any chance you could increase the heli volume as i could hear myself shooting quite clearly when i should have been deafened by the Huron. Didn't try anything else as I had little time. 

If this was meant or choice or it's a limited thing then please forgive me and i'll jump back in my box.  :P

Gonna play a bit more today unless i fall asleep. But thanks for releasing it mate, always appreciated.  ;)

• Like 1

Hi LJ

I only had a quick play test yesterday as i had to go to work. I fired up the editor and gotta admit i really liked it but i placed a soldier underneath a flying Huron for example and wondered if there's any chance you could increase the heli volume as i could hear myself shooting quite clearly when i should have been deafened by the Huron. Didn't try anything else as I had little time. 

If this was meant or choice or it's a limited thing then please forgive me and i'll jump back in my box.  :P

Gonna play a bit more today unless i fall asleep. But thanks for releasing it mate, always appreciated.  ;)

With vehicle sounds I always think about it like this: Imagine the helicopter is really loud, like you can't hear anything else anymore, like its just really pretty loud, imagine being the guy flying that thing in 3rd person view. Some do that, especially for landing I think. So they would have to be exposed to that loud noise all the time.

What do you guys think? Do not make exterior sounds louder and dont give a **** for those flying 3rd Person view?

Thanks,

LJ

With vehicle sounds I always think about it like this: Imagine the helicopter is really loud, like you can't hear anything else anymore, like its just really pretty loud, imagine being the guy flying that thing in 3rd person view. Some do that, especially for landing I think. So they would have to be exposed to that loud noise all the time.

What do you guys think? Do not make exterior sounds louder and dont give a **** for those flying 3rd Person view?

Thanks,

LJ

i was thinking along the same lines. It's a tricky one to balance. I was comparing it with DynaSound and that has a much louder sound as the chopper flies overhead,but it is very loud when you are IN the chopper. Personally I would think they could stand to be a little louder without annoying third person fliers.

• Like 2