Hi guys.  Can someone play in multiplayer using JSRS4 Apex1.2? 
Before, I used this mod in MP, but now I can't join to any server. Always appears this message:

15616021_m.jpg

Probably the server must support JSRS4 ? I don't remember these details.

I remember exactly what I once played on another server and had no problems

The Server needs to either not have limitation to mod usage ( verifySignatures = 0;) or has to accept this mod specifically (load the .bisign file)

If its your server, you can change it. If its a random server, you'll not have to much luck using the mod!

Can I run this with Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape? Is that what I'm hearing?

Dynasounds performs the same function as JSRS and should not be run at the same time.

Enhanced Soundscape however will work with JSRS.

With a bit of tinkering (as in selecting the correct pbo's) around you can mix DS and JSRS (and ES) as it always has been. I use the new version of DS for all the included weapon sounds and explosions but JSRS for environmental sounds, vehicles etc etc. It's a treat to say the least :)

So here is my latest video guys!

This short video will give you some insight into my latest developments. Sadly I have to say that the process of Shadowplay, Sony Vegas rendering and YouTube compression is a bad combination for sounds, that's why it should a little dull and flat!

But you`ll see the true power of this mod once I get it finished, polished and released!

I hope you like the stuff, I would be really happy about a comment! :)

I will update you with a few more videos about other tiny things I did. For example, there are some really beautiful new helicopter distance effects! Also I'm always further improving JSRS, so what might be weird to you, or you might have a suggestion / opinion based on the video, let me know! Your feedback is really important to me!

Thank you!

-LJ

• Like 10

looking forward to release!
Some comments

- The boot/step effect on water was a bit weak I think

- Explosions are so nice! Only remark is when you threw the grenade under prowler. The metalic sound continued a bit long after the explosion

How are the rain and thunders ? Can you maybe show it too?

Thanks for the video!

Sounds very interesting, as usual.

Don't remind if they were already in the current version, but the "debris falling on the ground" sounds and samples displayed for some seconds after an explosion in or near a building or a car, or when a building is collapsing are really well done.

Distant sounds, echoes and propagation effects seem really good, notably some detonations that seem to have a secondary and punchy flap/slam echo propagating (i.e at 2:28). Very nice.

Vehicle engines are roaring the right way.

Snaps and cracks seem to have punchy but reasonable volume levels...maybe the bullet impacts, wizz and ricochets volumes being a bit shy gameplay-wise maybe, but this probably is a YouTube effect.

Keeping in mind what you said about Vegas rendering and YouTube limitations, all this seem very promising. Can't wait to hear the new distance effects for aircrafts and choppers.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work :)

• Like 3

Nice video! Fully agree with @Megiddo, and as always looking forward to the update.
This video has not been shown shots with the Sound suppressors. 
LJ, try make the sound of fire with supressors is less loud, than it did in the current JSRS4 1.2. 
As seems to me, today in JSRS4 1.2. the sound contrast between shots with a silencer and without it, should be more noticeable.
I. e. in the majority cases, the sound of basic rifles (for example - MX, Katiba, TRG, MK-20) with a sound supressor, should be less loud and at the same time, with a lower frequency.

Also, I noticed some Apex weapons has the same sound with a old weapons in the game. 
If each weapon will have its own personal sound (with the silencer and  without it) then it will be cool.

Thanks wor your awesome work!

Took another look at the video, and something also seems improved, not completely sure : The source of the sounds, i mean the direction and distance from where they are emitted seem more precise and diversified.

the source of close to mid distant sounds seem easier to spot, for example the direction from where the gunshots are coming. And the longer the distance is, the "blurrier" this source seems to be. previous versions were not that precise if i remember well.

Also maybe some environmental effects like bird calls seem to come from more directions and different distances (through volume levels maybe) than before, sources seem more diversified and numerous, which seems good to render some sense of "volumetry" in the environmental compositions.

Maybe i'm wrong cause i don't have knowledge about sound rendering in arma, but that's an impression. Maybe you improved some things in that domain or capitalized on some recent changes made by Bohemia on the vanilla sound engine...

Some better or more educated ears than mine could probably tell and that would be an interesting thing to know.

7 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Nice video! Fully agree with @Megiddo, and as always looking forward to the update.
This video has not been shown shots with the Sound suppressors. 
LJ, try make the sound of fire with supressors is less loud, than it did in the current JSRS4 1.2. 
As seems to me, today in JSRS4 1.2. the sound contrast between shots with a silencer and without it, should be more noticeable.
I. e. in the majority cases, the sound of basic rifles (for example - MX, Katiba, TRG, MK-20) with a sound supressor, should be less loud and at the same time, with a lower frequency.

Also, I noticed some Apex weapons has the same sound with a old weapons in the game. 
If each weapon will have its own personal sound (with the silencer and  without it) then it will be cool.

Thanks wor your awesome work!

Hello,

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Well there is a bigger difference in unsilenced and silenced weapons than in 1.2. But I'll give you some more details on that later. 

Also there is always a difference in the weapons. Every weapon has its own unique sound. Tho all weapons share a few sounds. Like the CORE sounds for bass are based on calibre, so a AK47 and a Mk18 for example has the same "omph'y" bass CORE sound while their "characteristics" are always different. Also on further distances the weapons also get sorted by their calibre for a smaller size and better efficiency.

6 hours ago, Megiddo said:

Took another look at the video, and something also seems improved, not completely sure : The source of the sounds, i mean the direction and distance from where they are emitted seem more precise and diversified.

the source of close to mid distant sounds seem easier to spot, for example the direction from where the gunshots are coming. And the longer the distance is, the "blurrier" this source seems to be. previous versions were not that precise if i remember well.

Also maybe some environmental effects like bird calls seem to come from more directions and different distances (through volume levels maybe) than before, sources seem more diversified and numerous, which seems good to render some sense of "volumetry" in the environmental compositions.

Maybe i'm wrong cause i don't have knowledge about sound rendering in arma, but that's an impression. Maybe you improved some things in that domain or capitalized on some recent changes made by Bohemia on the vanilla sound engine...

Some better or more educated ears than mine could probably tell and that would be an interesting thing to know.

Hey,

Yes, there has been made some improvements. The differents between distances are more drastic and I made a better use of the 3D processors. The closer you get, the more stereo a sound becomes. Explosions and weapons have a solid peak that's nearly always positional in the environment while things like direct reflections and tails are more processed the closer they are. Its not a big deal considering the fact that bohemia made the new settings just for that effect. But I could make a good use of it now. Let's say I didn't understand how bohemia was thinking on how to use it, now I got it and can fully use it for my puposes. Which ends up with blasty explosions and spotty weapon sounds :)

The environmental effects are more detailed and a little louder this time. I might tweak their volume but also have to tweak the configs still. Some sounds are silent to early when the wind hits. All the sounds are separated. There are always might and say sounds for forests, meadows, houses and see, also for hills. But I divided all of them in normal weather and windy weather. And the windy ones are pop in too early. There is just a little wind and you can't hear birds anymore. That needs to be changed.

All in all I'll try to give some more videos for some more feedback from you guys ;) 

Thanks for listening!

-LJ

• Like 3

Al sound really nice, envoirmental sounds are something that will make those island sounds alive.

Onlything that not fits here (imho) are explosions at 4:04 - those are just next to you, and sounds like its much further.

Besides that, everything is at max level (of quality).

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

Al sound really nice, envoirmental sounds are something that will make those island sounds alive.

Onlything that not fits here (imho) are explosions at 4:04 - those are just next to you, and sounds like its much further.

Besides that, everything is at max level (of quality).

Those are small 40mm explosions, as such ammunition is fired by vehicles like AMV and such. So same as the 20mm HE round of the APCs I made them not that dominant as they tend to be annoying really fast because the APCs and AMVs fire in bursts or full auto, explosions that fast behind each other shouldn't run out of hand, that's why I kept them small and simple.

-LJ

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

I will update you with a few more videos about other tiny things I did. For example, there are some really beautiful new helicopter distance effects! Also I'm always further improving JSRS, so what might be weird to you, or you might have a suggestion / opinion based on the video, let me know! Your feedback is really important to me!

Thank you!

-LJ

Sounds great, I wouldn't change anything! Those environment sounds .. man, those take the cake!

Looking forward to the distant helo sounds, exactly what I was missing at times.

Are you planning to get something similar for fixed wing aircrafts, too?

I have one additional suggestion/wish:

Imho the Kuma/Leopard 2 engine sounds were the best ... I think back in JSRS 4 (some time before Apex)?

Back then you had a really authentic and realistic sound. It sounded just like the real thing, with that turbo whistle and everything.

The sound now is nice, too, but imho not as great as back in (I think) JSRS 4.

You had it sounding just like that:

Leopard 2 engine sound

If it was for me, I'd prefer the engine sound effects you had back then. Just because of that realism factor. Of course that's just me ;)

1 hour ago, pils said:

I have one additional suggestion/wish:

Imho the Kuma/Leopard 2 engine sounds were the best ... I think back in JSRS 4 (some time before Apex)?

Back then you had a really authentic and realistic sound. It sounded just like the real thing, with that turbo whistle and everything.

The sound now is nice, too, but imho not as great as back in (I think) JSRS 4.

You had it sounding just like that:

Leopard 2 engine sound

If it was for me, I'd prefer the engine sound effects you had back then. Just because of that realism factor. Of course that's just me ;)

Well the sounds were never changed, they just didn't work anymore. Some changes to the class structure or inheritance made it stop working but I'll get everything back on track!

-LJ

• Like 4

the whole sound "environment" meaning everything in that video is top-notch..I watched it on my phone, with headphones and all the rifles sounded really "bassy", or voluminous, artificial..don't know how to describe it..like in a movie and not like in real life..But it was either my phone or it's just a matter of taste..I just like it to be more flat in the EQ...man I'm sorry I don't know how to describe it :) ..anyways..the whole mod in total..jeez..awesome..

btw..Last time I used it was pre-Apex..I think dragonfyre Eden or earlier..The addon was really big, now it's much smaller..why is that?

47 minutes ago, fruity_rudy said:

the whole sound "environment" meaning everything in that video is top-notch..I watched it on my phone, with headphones and all the rifles sounded really "bassy", or voluminous, artificial..don't know how to describe it..like in a movie and not like in real life..But it was either my phone or it's just a matter of taste..I just like it to be more flat in the EQ...man I'm sorry I don't know how to describe it :) ..anyways..the whole mod in total..jeez..awesome..

btw..Last time I used it was pre-Apex..I think dragonfyre Eden or earlier..The addon was really big, now it's much smaller..why is that?

The whole thing about the bass is a little config setting that you can choose by yourself if I'd add multiple confjigs to choose from. Like 100% bass, less bass, flat... Like multiple eq setups in winamp :D

The mod is smaller because I encoded it in ogg file format. That's smaller and easier to handle and pack.

Btw, here is a small video for a raw helicopter showcase. It shows the new distance effects for all helicopters and a good transition between far and close sounds. I hope you like it.

Comments, feedback and suggestions are welcome as always :)

Thanks for listening!

-LJ

• Like 7

uh that config thing sounds sexy.. can't wait to try that out.. Btw.. played a bit with it today.. there is no reviving sound..if somebody is fixing up a mate.. crucial thing for pvp

there is also a wind sound with sounds like a jet engine further away ..totally confuses me atm :)

7 hours ago, fruity_rudy said:

uh that config thing sounds sexy.. can't wait to try that out.. Btw.. played a bit with it today.. there is no reviving sound..if somebody is fixing up a mate.. crucial thing for pvp

It got deleted back then for a bug that caused to play the sound in a never ending loop. I got it now fixed for the next version.

7 hours ago, fruity_rudy said:

there is also a wind sound with sounds like a jet engine further away ..totally confuses me atm :)

Yeah all the old environmental sounds we're so often recycled I can't even tell. They are some and empty for anything to sound good. So I invests d a bit of money and time in all my new sound liraries. The new environmental sounds will do better ;)

LJ

Any word to the heilocpters btw?

Distant sounds are nice :)
Is it possible to make close distance a bit stronger, especially when it is over your head