HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Goat that video would have ,made an amazing in-game cookie. Could you imagine after all these battles fought if your squad just happened upon this little beach unexpectedly...

#HardUpInAltis #En​dSausageParties4Ever

• Like 2

Wow-great job mate! The video looks like something from DoA Beach Volleyball,but still i am very impressed with how they look and the movements are great.They look almost ready for the game already.

What about clothes? Do you have to design new outfits etc for them?

Wow-great job mate! The video looks like something from DoA Beach Volleyball,but still i am very impressed with how they look and the movements are great.They look almost ready for the game already.

What about clothes? Do you have to design new outfits etc for them?

Heh, the body is designed after combination Arma 2 women, the public release will see some tweaking, depending on feedback here. 

And yes, I reckon only some headgear may fit the new body off the shelve, everything else needs to be remade. I'll provide the base mesh and with neutral clothing and setup with A2 animations and skeleton that can be used for new animations, the rest is up to the mod community to make whatever they want. (in the bounds of whatever license I end up applying for the model. Have to think about that a bit so that my work is used in good taste)

We will eventually bring female characters to our other projects and I intend to work on the missing animations and weapon compatibility, but its low priority right now and I someone else beats me to it, I wont complain.. ;D 

Awesome work. Did you try contacting BIS and maybe assisting them if they're preparing something for Tanoa DLC release?

• Like 1

Awesome work. Did you try contacting BIS and maybe assisting them if they're preparing something for Tanoa DLC release?

Thats a good idea-these ladies would be great for Tanoa

Humbling idea. :D I could do that, since I've already asked if they had the female skeleton available somewhere (found it on my own in the fbxTortm tool though) and response was positive towards the projects.

Humbling idea. :D I could do that, since I've already asked if they had the female skeleton available somewhere (found it on my own in the fbxTortm tool though) and response was positive towards the projects.

You should contact them-i am sure they would be interested.Nothing to lose anyway,right?

Noooooo Chappie!

Whats the image from?I'm not up on my pop culture it seems...

Project update.

So far the few A2 animations there are have been compatible with the new model (And I would assume old A2 models would work as well) but I think I have now almost all useful animations from A2 set up. This covers walking movements and running but there arent really more animations to be used. This means that while the character can now walk around without deformation, all other actions still need new animations and that is A LOT of them.

This is the action class list for civilian (unarmed) moves and the ones marked with //++ have A2 animations and there are 10 times more to make all movement with weapons and such to work. Some are simple and some are more complex but in any case It will take a while before the female character is fully operational.

There are still few animations I will try, but as said the A2 animation pool is quite short and some are not compatible with the new moves in A3 like for example could not get the one A2 swimming animation work and that would not really do much good anyway since A3 needs a bunch more.

class CivilStandActions: NoActions
		{
			gestureHi[] = {"GestureHi","Gesture"};
			gestureHiB[] = {"GestureHiB","Gesture"};
			gestureHiC[] = {"GestureHiC","Gesture"};
			stop = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			default = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			stopRelaxed = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			turnL = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_turnL";//++
			turnR = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_turnR";//++
			turnLRelaxed = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_turnL";//++
			turnRRelaxed = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_turnR";//++
			reloadMagazine = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			reloadGM6 = "reloadGM6";
			reloadMGun = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			reloadMortar = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			throwPrepare = "AwopPercMstpSgthWnonDnon_start";
			throwGrenade[] = {"GestureThrowGrenadeUna","Gesture"};
			WalkF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDf";//++
			WalkLF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl";//++
			WalkRF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfr";//++
			WalkL = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDl";//++
			WalkR = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDr";//++
			WalkLB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbl";//++
			WalkRB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbr";//++
			WalkB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDb";//++
			PlayerWalkF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDf";//++
			PlayerWalkLF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl";//++
			PlayerWalkRF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfr";//++
			PlayerWalkL = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDl";//++
			PlayerWalkR = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDr";//++
			PlayerWalkLB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbl";//++
			PlayerWalkRB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbr";//++
			PlayerWalkB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDb";//++
			SlowF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDf";
			SlowLF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfl";
			SlowRF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr";
			SlowL = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDl";
			SlowR = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDr";
			SlowLB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbl";
			SlowRB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbr";
			SlowB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDb";
			PlayerSlowF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDf";
			PlayerSlowLF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfl";
			PlayerSlowRF = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr";
			PlayerSlowL = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDl";
			PlayerSlowR = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDr";
			PlayerSlowLB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbl";
			PlayerSlowRB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbr";
			PlayerSlowB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDb";
			FastF = "AmovPercMevaSnonWnonDf";//++
			FastLF = "AmovPercMevaSnonWnonDfl";
			FastRF = "AmovPercMevaSnonWnonDfr";
			FastL = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDl";
			FastR = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDr";
			FastLB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbl";
			FastRB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDbr";
			FastB = "AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDb";
			TactF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDf";
			TactLF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl";
			TactRF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfr";
			TactL = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDl";
			TactR = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDr";
			TactLB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbl";
			TactRB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbr";
			TactB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDb";
			PlayerTactF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDf";
			PlayerTactLF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl";
			PlayerTactRF = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfr";
			PlayerTactL = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDl";
			PlayerTactR = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDr";
			PlayerTactLB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbl";
			PlayerTactRB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDbr";
			PlayerTactB = "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDb";
			down = "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			up = "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			weaponOn = "AmovPercMstpSrasWlnrDnon";
			weaponOff = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			binocOn = "AwopPercMstpSoptWbinDnon_non";
			binocOff = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			handGunOn = "AmovPercMstpSrasWpstDnon";
			Gear = "AinvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			takeFlag = "AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_3";
			putDown = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AinvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Putdown";
			medic = "AinvPknlMstpSlayWnonDnon_medic";
			medicOther = "AinvPknlMstpSlayWnonDnon_medicOther";
			treated = "AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_healed_2";
			PlayerCrouch = "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			PlayerProne = "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			Combat = "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon";
			Lying = "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			Stand = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			Crouch = "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			CanNotMove = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			Civil = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			CivilLying = "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			FireNotPossible = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			strokeGun = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			GetInLow = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInLow";
			GetInMedium = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInMedium";
			GetInHigh = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInHigh";
			GetInVertical = "GetIn_Vertical_Unarmed";
			GetInSDV = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInHigh";
			GetOutLow = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutLow";
			GetOutMedium = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutMedium";
			GetOutHigh = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHigh";
			GetOutHighZamak = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHighZamak";
			GetOutHighHemtt = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHighHemtt";
			GetOutSDV = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHigh";
			GetInHelicopterCargo = "GetInHelicopterCargo";
			GetInMRAP_01 = "GetInMRAP_01";
			GetInMRAP_01_cargo = "GetInMRAP_01_cargo";
			GetOutMRAP_01 = "GetOutMRAP_01";
			GetOutMRAP_01_cargo = "GetOutMRAP_01_cargo";
			GetOutHelicopterCargo = "GetOutHelicopterCargo";
			startSwim = "AswmPercMrunSnonWnonDf";
			surfaceSwim = "AsswPercMrunSnonWnonDf";
			bottomSwim = "AbswPercMrunSnonWnonDf";
			startDive = "AdvePercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			SurfaceDive = "AsdvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			BottomDive = "AbdvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			sitDown = "AmovPsitMstpSnonWnonDnon_ground";
			getOver = "AovrPercMstpSnonWnonDf";
			salute = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_salute";
			turnSpeed = 8;
			limitFast = 4;
			leanRRot = 0.57;
			leanRShift = 0.1;
			leanLRot = 0.57;
			leanLShift = 0.07;
			upDegree = "ManPosNoWeapon";
			stance = "ManStanceStand";
			EvasiveLeft = "AmovPercMevaSnonWnonDfl";
			EvasiveRight = "AmovPercMevaSnonWnonDfr";
			grabCarry = "Helper_SwitchToCarryNon";
			grabDragged = "AinjPpneMrunSnonWnonDb_grab";
			grabDrag = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcinPknlMwlkSnonWnonDb_2";
			Diary = "";
			Surrender = "AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon";
			saluteOff = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			Relax = "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_relax";
			medicStartUp = "AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medicUp0S";
			StartFreefall = "AfalPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";
			PrimaryWeapon = "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon";
			SecondaryWeapon = "AmovPercMstpSrasWlnrDnon";
			Binoculars = "AmovPercMstpSoptWbinDnon";
			GetInBoat = "GetInHeli_Transport_01Cargo";
			GetOutBoat = "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_getOutLow";
			AdjustF = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustB = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustL = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustR = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustLF = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustLB = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustRB = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
			AdjustRF = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";//++
		};

So after couple of intensive mapping nights I wanted to do something different for a change and decided to continued with this project.

After some headbanging with the configs I bashed together working semi clean movescfg and here is a test result with ARMA 2 ported animation on the new female character in ARMA 3:

For now only one animation From Arma 2 is configured in, but as you can see it looks quite good. The mesh and texture need some tweaking, but I count it a success that its not some deformed monstrosity.

Conclusion : I can use the Arma 2 animations as a basic set to get the character in working shape while new animations are made to complement the required moves. 

nice work looks really good so far looks like some small problem with the hands hope you get this worked out or did it just look like it in the video 

nice work looks really good so far looks like some small problem with the hands hope you get this worked out or did it just look like it in the video 

Yeah there were some wondering weights here and there, but those are now fixed. There are no deformations in the A2 animations that I brought in, but as said It will take long time before the rest of the animations are made.

The character has walking animations fully working and sprinting forward works without issues but all the rest is still missing.

Im going to tweak the model and skin texture some more before releasing it to public, so now is a chance to voice any opinions whatsoever about the model, ie what kind of basic clothing should be made etc etc .

One major thing would be separating the body and head like they are set up in A3 men right now, but I could also do that later and just update the release afterwards.

Also I've been thinking releasing two configs from which the first "lite" version would have move config that only has the walk actions in it. The character would not be able to do anything else but walk around as all other moves (with incompatible animations) would be blocked, but there would not be any deforming moves either. This would be a version that could already be used by the most hasty mission makers.

The second one would be config with full cfgmoves/or what I've parsed together+directions where to find the rest if someone is interested to work on the animations. I can also help with the configs, but with my limited time I cant tutor the process from scratch. 

• Like 1

Ah i see :)

Yeah there were some wondering weights here and there, but those are now fixed. There are no deformations in the A2 animations that I brought in, but as said It will take long time before the rest of the animations are made.

The character has walking animations fully working and sprinting forward works without issues but all the rest is still missing.

Im going to tweak the model and skin texture some more before releasing it to public, so now is a chance to voice any opinions whatsoever about the model, ie what kind of basic clothing should be made etc etc .

One major thing would be separating the body and head like they are set up in A3 men right now, but I could also do that later and just update the release afterwards.

Also I've been thinking releasing two configs from which the first "lite" version would have move config that only has the walk actions in it. The character would not be able to do anything else but walk around as all other moves (with incompatible animations) would be blocked, but there would not be any deforming moves either. This would be a version that could already be used by the most hasty mission makers.

The second one would be config with full cfgmoves/or what I've parsed together+directions where to find the rest if someone is interested to work on the animations. I can also help with the configs, but with my limited time I cant tutor the process from scratch. 

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you-maybe someone will volunteer to help?Good Luck anyway.

Ah i see :)

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you-maybe someone will volunteer to help?Good Luck anyway.

Just a little bit. But im not in a hurry.. And it never hurts to have self made animation set for human character. :D

• Like 1

Hello, HorribleGoat !

Sorry, I even registered new in this forum due to how interesting I found this thread.  I worked as a 3D modeler/texturer and casual animator (meaning, I wasn't an 'oficial' animator) in several companies (small game studios, hard work). I have not really animated, (although rigged and weigthed a lot(mainly 3ds + CS, but also blender+bones), and even more modeled and textured) but have trained a bit in that, is complex to explain.  Being also a comic author an drawing person, I do know I can animate quite well if I finally get myself in some solid project. The thing is, I work as a full time freelance now(illustration and design, mostly), very little time available, But... even so, I am super curious about what you have created, and am wondering if I could give it a try... but only to see if it's doable to add some animations. Not to rebuild a whole set or anything. Just give it a try, see how it goes.  Am experienced in dealing with even super ugly editing tools... not that i enjoy it or editing text files, but had to do a bit of it in the past. Also, kind of liking what this company has achieved... I came attracted by Arma and then, Dayz... stopped some time ago playing quite Planetside 2, and before, a lot Battle field play4free, till it got sadly killed. (Had all classes maxed out totally...) . And even before that, QuakeLive.(a lot, too.) Today can't afford playing much, sadly, too much time. But never found very easy access to modding in those games, not like the times of UT and Quake. (I worked a bit in an UT1 mod, decades ago. Not even normal maps, then..)

I have only read parts of this thread, but what I am wondering if.. would it be just a matter of providing you with FBX files for the animations ? Obviously, you providing me before with the actual FBX model of the female, with the skeleton, maps (normal and diffuse, at least) and stuff. That'd allow me to do ANYTHING. As I do import FBX in whatever the package (my professional experience is with 3DS Max, but as a freelance, I use Blender) , surely Blender, then create some animations (probably would be harder weapon reloading (or similar) anims, as I have no reference for where to set fixed points over parts of the weapon (unless the woman comes with it) while animating, neither are the type of anims I'm mostly wishing to start doing...Would prefer those with complexity of whole body movement, that "demonstrate more skills"). Indeed, I think I could even work in improving those walking animations. Although I don't know if walking a bit too straight is due to some engine or scripting constraint...(then, nothing to touch, there)

Sorry, didn't want to go verbose but make it short, as all am asking for is the possibility of making myself a test to actually see if I can help there or not. I do not do a single activity now if I don't charge for it, but this fits me perfectly doing it for free, first, as I like it a lot, secondly as I have nothing in portfolio as for animation... Indeed, could even give a try to some modeling/texturing/detailing improvement to the model. Again, this I only mean it for a test, not saying I will be able to do it. Gotta see if is doable in a reasonable amount of time per animation, mostly, and if it actually is doable technically. In blender there's total ability now to import any FBX file, work heavily on it, then export the FBX with animations, materials and all. Once exported should be just like if it were done in 3DS Max or Maya. But...! Would have to really check it all works once all the pieces are put together. If we make this test and works, I dunno, the reasonable expectation is to end with some animations more, plus probably the walking improved, and maybe some other help. It all depends on how it goes...If interested, pls just PM me, I'll check the forum for some days. I can provide you some samples of my work by PM message. If you'd agree, I would see then what is the workflow of the task, and see if it is possible and doable for me right now.

Cya!

• Like 1

Hello, HorribleGoat !

Sorry, I even registered new in this forum due to how interesting I found this thread.  I worked as a 3D modeler/texturer and casual animator (meaning, I wasn't an 'oficial' animator) in several companies (small game studios, hard work). I have not really animated, (although rigged and weigthed a lot(mainly 3ds + CS, but also blender+bones), and even more modeled and textured) but have trained a bit in that, is complex to explain.  Being also a comic author an drawing person, I do know I can animate quite well if I finally get myself in some solid project. The thing is, I work as a full time freelance now(illustration and design, mostly), very little time available, But... even so, I am super curious about what you have created, and am wondering if I could give it a try... but only to see if it's doable to add some animations. Not to rebuild a whole set or anything. Just give it a try, see how it goes.  Am experienced in dealing with even super ugly editing tools... not that i enjoy it or editing text files, but had to do a bit of it in the past. Also, kind of liking what this company has achieved... I came attracted by Arma and then, Dayz... stopped some time ago playing quite Planetside 2, and before, a lot Battle field play4free, till it got sadly killed. (Had all classes maxed out totally...) . And even before that, QuakeLive.(a lot, too.) Today can't afford playing much, sadly, too much time. But never found very easy access to modding in those games, not like the times of UT and Quake. (I worked a bit in an UT1 mod, decades ago. Not even normal maps, then..)

I have only read parts of this thread, but what I am wondering if.. would it be just a matter of providing you with FBX files for the animations ? Obviously, you providing me before with the actual FBX model of the female, with the skeleton, maps (normal and diffuse, at least) and stuff. That'd allow me to do ANYTHING. As I do import FBX in whatever the package (my professional experience is with 3DS Max, but as a freelance, I use Blender) , surely Blender, then create some animations (probably would be harder weapon reloading (or similar) anims, as I have no reference for where to set fixed points over parts of the weapon (unless the woman comes with it) while animating, neither are the type of anims I'm mostly wishing to start doing...Would prefer those with complexity of whole body movement, that "demonstrate more skills"). Indeed, I think I could even work in improving those walking animations. Although I don't know if walking a bit too straight is due to some engine or scripting constraint...(then, nothing to touch, there)

Sorry, didn't want to go verbose but make it short, as all am asking for is the possibility of making myself a test to actually see if I can help there or not. I do not do a single activity now if I don't charge for it, but this fits me perfectly doing it for free, first, as I like it a lot, secondly as I have nothing in portfolio as for animation... Indeed, could even give a try to some modeling/texturing/detailing improvement to the model. Again, this I only mean it for a test, not saying I will be able to do it. Gotta see if is doable in a reasonable amount of time per animation, mostly, and if it actually is doable technically. In blender there's total ability now to import any FBX file, work heavily on it, then export the FBX with animations, materials and all. Once exported should be just like if it were done in 3DS Max or Maya. But...! Would have to really check it all works once all the pieces are put together. If we make this test and works, I dunno, the reasonable expectation is to end with some animations more, plus probably the walking improved, and maybe some other help. It all depends on how it goes...If interested, pls just PM me, I'll check the forum for some days. I can provide you some samples of my work by PM message. If you'd agree, I would see then what is the workflow of the task, and see if it is possible and doable for me right now.

Cya!

really nice  :D

Hello, HorribleGoat !

Sorry I edited your quote-that's a lot of info! It's great to see people take an interest in this thread-I know it is something many people want in Arma again-and I'm not sure why women were removed in the first place.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience-My advice would be to private message the mod maker -that way they are sure to see your message. Hopefully then you and them can work something out that will benefit this very promising looking addon :) Good luck!

Good advice! A PM might warn him by mail or something, I didn't realize that before. I just PMed him, let's hope he will be interested. But if not, then he will for sure manage to bring that project to good destiny one way or the other. I just told him I am willing to at least give it a try, see if we can come up with some nice collaboration. Even if small, but imho can be very useful. :)

About not including the female model, who knows... Having worked in small studios -and usually studios firstly are small, no matter how big they get later ;)- that can be for the most surprising reasons, often related with time. I remember one project we did not include werewolves firstly due to a misunderstanding with the company client, later due to pure lack of time. Which i kind of thought yesterday it could have been what happened... As most militar games specially in the beginning times only would have the male model (I'm thinking on Return to The castle Wolfenstein, tho didn't play as much as to know if there were actually women soldier there), so you add those first, plan to add the female soldier once all in place, then you have to release, there's no time, demo has bigger problems to solve, etc. Still, UT had females main players since old times (amazing character designs and animations, btw). Many fps players are women, and for mods, NPCs, etc, I think it's essential.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes, well, I would prefer if it'd be no need for war neither soldiers, men or women, but since that'd be unreal, (and this is just a game) better if the thing gets a bit more equal :D. Plus, for those non military based mods, it's quite limiting, too...  BTW, I have noticed there are mods with female models, but might be my bad luck, I have seen that some of those have just male imported animations, or that did seem to me at the moment. At same time, I am seeing more and more interesting to edit for Arma 3 seeing the amount of mods for it. As a gamer, I was attracted by the realistic weapons behavior, but the editing friendly aspect is even much more interesting. It also has a big user base, nothing like CS:GO(crazy numbers), for example, but I like much more the editing options in Arma 3. And the community. So overall is a great choice, surely.

I am not getting any answer on the PM, so I'm afraid he is not around the forums for some time, or, too busy. I still might give it a try on my own, starting from scratch...(even modeling). I have like 30mins 1 hour free everyday for it... that could be a lot.

So, not sure if... Making as additional content, for mods, a female for Take On Mars(users demand this there, they will include but in a later update, surely), or seeing if it's also easy to import the FBX files in Eden editor (Arma 3 editor. Already released? ), then export to Arma 3. 

I'm interested in the matter as a training thing, I got a bit rusted(in modeling, texturing and animation) after too much design and illustration work. But the larger plan is to start producing sellable, monetizable items for games and mods, in several platforms. Mostly a 'some' side income, of course, nothing else.

It does indeed seem to me that all this platform is easy to handle. Will give a fast read to the SDK docs, see what I can get out of it...

Lol, I guess I'll end up purchasing the two, Take On Mars and Arma 3... :D

EDIT: Was a crazily long post, I just edited it...

Yep...standard building all character from scratch seems not too simple, looking at docs... Certainly not a plain modeling (in Blender) from a base model, exporting as FBX, and importing the fbx in some editor(Eden), then export direct to the game... Even more, the "get it all into the game" in that article is saying "to be added soon", so, I might be out of luck...  Unless this all might be outdated and now is possible to do as I was hoping.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Modding_Characters

Is not "impossible", at all. Have done way more complex workflows than that... But would consume a lot of time in that -plus might find some non avoidable stone in the way- instead of the actual modeling, (all LODs versions(5!), plus the super high res for the normal map) , texturing with the retopologized version (and am guessing normals, diffuse, ambient occlusion, curvature and specular/glossy maps, at least.... ), and then of course, the animation. Editing/improving an existing character would be easier, although in a way, I prefer to start from scratch...

Will see...

ouch..too complex (I mean, the stuff which is not actually animating: config files, export, etc) ...I guess I'll wait to HG showing up. :)

ouch..too complex (I mean, the stuff which is not actually animating: config files, export, etc) ...I guess I'll wait to HG showing up. :)

HG has only been away for about 10 days.Give him time :) 

Okidoki, will do so.  :)

Working with him in a team effort, seems doable, if not... He really has needed to solve quite a lot of problems to get it working.

• Like 1