Crielaard

LockSeekRadius Point of origin change

As I'm working on a low-script realistic way of missile/bomb homing, I encountered the following problem.

I made a variant of my missile and bomb using lockseekRadius and autoSeekTarget. This works formidable. With this vanilla functionality you CAN LOAL missiles and bombs!

However there is one problem. I want the bomb/missile to replace a normal unlockable variant, so it only starts tracking when certain conditions are met. Thus I use the delete- and createvehicle command.

This results in it not having a position where it was fired from. Thus it starts to look for targets arround pos [0,0,0]. Even worse, it even starts tracking to that point, regardless. So it makes a strange turn.

In short: It will only find targets arround grid 0,0,0 and waves of to that grid when it doest find any targets.

THE QUESTION:

How do I set this "fired from" variable?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_Locking_Review#lockSeekRadius

CfgAmmo

lockSeekRadius

lockSeekRadius = float;

Specifies the maximum distance from the position at which it was shot, in which the automatic search for suitable targets.

maybe create a real vehicle with a weapon instead (without a visible model of course) at the "switch" position and command it to fire the seeking ammo ?

I made a variant of my missile and bomb using lockseekRadius and autoSeekTarget. This works formidable. With this vanilla functionality you CAN LOAL missiles and bombs!

Hi Neptune, could you please share your config for the missile you made? I'm working on something similar and would love to see how you did it.

Thanks!

Chops

You dont want that. Its far too cpu heavy. While it doesnt find a laser FPS drops to 1 even on the monster machine I have.