CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

1434 posts in this topic

Also, why does Arma 3 keep a copy of the mod in the Arma 3 folder and also in steam workshop folder, wastes 100% more space, i did think this was fixed in a patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daytrader said:

Also, why does Arma 3 keep a copy of the mod in the Arma 3 folder and also in steam workshop folder, wastes 100% more space, i did think this was fixed in a patch.

It doesn't. The "copy" in the Arma 3 folder is simply a shortcut to the one in the steam workshop folder.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Varanon said:

It doesn't. The "copy" in the Arma 3 folder is simply a shortcut to the one in the steam workshop folder.

Only until the badly-broken PoS STEAM client decides to set up and download replicate copies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orcinus said:

Only until the badly-broken PoS STEAM client decides to set up and download replicate copies...

 

Don't think there is much we can do about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Varanon said:

It doesn't. The "copy" in the Arma 3 folder is simply a shortcut to the one in the steam workshop folder.

I dont think it does, you go and check the steamapps workshop content 107410 folder, all the arma 3 mods are there, and there also in steamapps common arma 3 workshop folder, yes the folders have a short cut icon on them, but all the content is still in there, like the @CUP Terrains - Core folder is 7.78GB, thats wrong surely, also there is no CUP Terrains CWA folder in there either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think also, why alot of people are having problems with the CUP, is because there aint even a CUP Terrains - CWA folder mod being put in the ARMA 3 workshop folder, can someone confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daytrader said:

I think also, why alot of people are having problems with the CUP, is because there aint even a CUP Terrains - CWA folder mod being put in the ARMA 3 workshop folder, can someone confirm this.

 

I can falsify this. I do have a @CUP Terrains - CWA folder inside my Workshop folder.
SxT2dH5.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pipewr3nch said:

 

I can falsify this. I do have a @CUP Terrains - CWA folder inside my Workshop folder.
SxT2dH5.png

Double checked and i do not have that folder, i did install thou from Arma 3 workshop, did you manually install yours ? if not, any ideals why steam workshop has not put that folder in my Arma 3 Workshop folder ?, if it has happend to me, could have happend to others, and this would cause alot of the problems people are having thou,  thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update, after i loaded the mod, then went back to the folder it was there, so all good, my bad, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now