CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Load CUP Terrains CWA. It contains the CWA stuff you need for Terrains like Lingor (those Maps don't have their dependencies updated yet).

Shouldn't Core have them though? As it would make much more sense to have Core be anything (objects and such) but the maps themselves. 

11 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Shouldn't Core have them though? As it would make much more sense to have Core be anything (objects and such) but the maps themselves. 

Two reasons for this:

1) Only the CWA terrains need them

2) Different license. While we allow CUP Core and CUP Maps to be used on monetized servers, such permission is not given to anything else from CUP, including but not limited to CUP Terrains CWA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Two reasons for this:

1) Only the CWA terrains need them

2) Different license. While we allow CUP Core and CUP Maps to be used on monetized servers, such permission is not given to anything else from CUP, including but not limited to CUP Terrains CWA.

But if i am not mistaken ArmA II had some CWA era assets in its files (although not used in any of the maps). Quite a few ArmA II era mod maps used assets from them, like fallujah if i am not mistaken, lingor from Icebreakr too

39 minutes ago, LykosMactire said:

But if i am not mistaken ArmA II had some CWA era assets in its files (although not used in any of the maps). Quite a few ArmA II era mod maps used assets from them, like fallujah if i am not mistaken, lingor from Icebreakr too

Everything that was in A2 is still on the Core packs and those maps work still out of the box without problem and without the need of the CWA pack.

Where possible the CWA maps use the CUP Core components that are shared between CWA/A1/A2.

The A3 version of lingor on the other hand uses CUP CWA assets (Mondkalbs Nogova houses to be exactly) and is thus dependent on the CWA pack. This has nothing to do with backwards compatibility to previous games.

12 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Everything that was in A2 is still on the Core packs and those maps work still out of the box without problem and without the need of the CWA pack.

Where possible the CWA maps use the CUP Core components that are shared between CWA/A1/A2.

The A3 version of lingor on the other hand uses CUP CWA assets (Mondkalbs Nogova houses to be exactly) and is thus dependent on the CWA pack. This has nothing to do with backwards compatibility to previous games.

Ah i see, the only answer i was seeing before was of simply "CWA" pack. not anything else or any details what it was.

On 1/31/2017 at 9:24 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

@all: There will be a Hotfix with some minor fixes somewhere at the end of this week. Please make sure to create tickets for all new major or minor bugs you encounter in 1.3.0, so we can fix them in time.

Is this still happening anytime soon? I'm not sure if my community should update now or wait for the hotfix.

• Like 1

Hi, forgive me if this is already asked but i cant find an answer here or in google.

Maybe it is known issue but I noticed that all vehicles which could swim boarded with AI dont want to swim on all CUP terrains or terrains who used CUP depencies.

I tested it on Tanoa and Altis which works well. On Chernarus for example the vehicles dont move at all they just say ok.

Is this a bug and if yes is it known or can we hope for a solution ?

@NeoArmageddon and the rest of the @CUP team: does anyone have any ideas for detecting the CUPS train track objects?

Because the author of the Tanao Trains mod that is Under Development was able to use the lineIntersectsWith/lineIntersectsObjs/lineIntersectsSurfaces with the tracks on Tanoa.

However, that doesn't seem to work with the CUPS tracks.

There are a couple that get detected if the line intersects the metal rail, however, most can't be detected at all with those  methods

The discussion is taking place here: 

Please, forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, or if it's just a problem on my side, but - does CUP Terrains alter in some way original A3 islands Altis and Stratis?

Because, when I try to load Altis/Stratis in the editor, the CUP icon is shown next to them, which - if I understand this correctly - basically means that they are part of a mod.

This doesn't concern me at all, but, if I release a mission which is made using A3 editor, wouldn't it be dependent on CUP mod, then? Or do I get this completely wrong?

Our dedicated server is running cup mods.  weaps, vehicles, units, core, maps and cwa, as well as cba   they all work fine, however in the launcher,  the cwa mod shows up as an unrecognized mod , and not allowing users to download it from the server browser.  this is fine for people who have subscribed to the mod previously but creating some confusion for those who have not.  we then load a nogova mission and lose our "confused" players as they can still enter without cwa.  is this something i can fix on my end? I copied the mod directly from steam twice.  the steam icon isnt beside the cwa mod? Capture.jpg

The JBAD buildings that are now used, cannot be entered by the AI, as no buildingPositions are defined for this building.
 fuv7t05.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, computer said:

The JBAD buildings that are now used, cannot be entered by the AI, as no buildingPositions are defined for this building.
 fuv7t05.jpg

Anything like this you should report on their tracker on their site. It'll just get buried here.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have one question.  Will cup ever bring Seattle into arma 3 or any of the TOH maps? If not why not? Thank you keep up the good work. 

We thought about it, but this needs almost a complete rework of all models, textures and mappings. In short: if it comes it will take a lot of time.

I have an issue with Chnernaus i get this error every time and i am using this on my Milsim and also no one else can load the cheranus maps 

Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\plants2\tree\t_fraxinus2s.p3d

1: NEVER bump your posts!
2: Your mod installation is corrupted. Verify your installation with steam and redownload if needed.

Is there any chance we will see the return of the opened Sahrani buildings from the SMD packs? it was in one of CUP-Ts predecessors and made playing maps like Fallujah much more fun

5 hours ago, audiocustoms said:

2: Your mod installation is corrupted. Verify your installation with steam and redownload if needed.

You mean the mod or the game as i have checked the cache and its all fine and it happens on 3 other peoples games as well

5 hours ago, audiocustoms said:

You mean the mod or the game as i have checked the cache and its all fine and it happens on 3 other peoples games as well

23 hours ago, michael poole said:

I have an issue with Chnernaus i get this error every time and i am using this on my Milsim and also no one else can load the cheranus maps 

Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\plants2\tree\t_fraxinus2s.p3d

Are you loading anything else beside CUP? If so, please try without that stuff and only load CUP Terrains and see if the error persists.

i have loaded it an still get the same issue as well as 

Server error: Player without identity

as well when trying to run this map