CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

@eh chaser: I don't see any incompatibility there. The units list is something XCAM has to take care of (like NeoArmageddon said), the floating buildings are obviously a bug that you should report with a detailed bugreport (including the building's classname) on http://bugs.cup-arma3.org

@whiztler: Sorry, we overlooked that one, will be fixed in next release. You can still play the mission for now with the method described by tebbbs.

CUP                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        AiA

a little criticism from me to the CUP devs..

u wrote there is no need to change something on maps or missions...BUT something like this seems to me like a big step backwards...

do u guys have any plans to "fix" this incompatibility?

regards

Make sure to rebuild the X-Cam object library.

GREAT job with Sahrani...

Did spot some funny poster textures ?

x0Nuedr.jpg

mC5D895.png

The maps are untouched. The objects changed and they are still aligned correct on terrains (and with Map Builder savegames).

the alignment is the problem as well as the new textures/structures on the first floor in this exemple.

these panelak houses are already imported objects so i think this will happen on every map with these kind of buildings.

ignore the xcam part in these screenshots i was using it just to make the 2 pictures :P

also getting this error

23:11:26 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_afghan_data'.
23:11:26 Warning Message: No entry '.units'.
23:11:26 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_takistan_data'.
23:11:26 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_zargabad_data'.

Ignore me I think it's because PW6 has not properly uploaded CUP_CORE.... So I'm missing key bits...

SJ

Congrats on the release, this is a memorable day for A3's community. Thanks to all the team !

Is making JBAD buildings a standart in CUP Terrains is still in minds ? 

Yeah, the panelak houses are still a bit WIP, NonovUrbizniz/CiforDayzServer was working on them.

@eltyranos: Yes, that is a long-term goal of CUP Terrains. It's a lot of work, though.

• Like 1

Yeah, the panelak houses are still a bit WIP, NonovUrbizniz/CiforDayzServer was working on them.

@eltyranos: Yes, that is a long-term goal of CUP Terrains. It's a lot of work, though.

Glad to hear that's still on the go :wub: . Thanks again guys and happy holidays.

Still downloading, but does this:

• Inclusion of ibr_plants from the awesome IceBreakr

...mean we should remove it from Panthera?

Yes, you can remove it from Panthera. It'll probably not be included in future releases of Panthera, anyway.

Awww ya! Looks really good! Excited to make some maps with the new optimized CUP Terrains.

I did run into a strange problem when I installed it though, not sure what has happened but my Chernarus / Chernarus Summer terrains seem to be messed up? Maybe I got a bad download from CUP Terrain but I am getting this error every time I try and load Chernarus / Summer and only those maps. Takistan and Porto etc are all fine.

Cannot load material file ca\chernarus\data\layers\p_000-000_I04_I07_I11.rvmat

Any idea? Thanks for all the hard work!

EDIT: Fixed it for anyone that gets this issue. I had to unload my cache where the old AllinArma was since I just dropped in CUP and tried to run it straight away. It was still trying to drag in the old files. A simple restart repaired it.

Congrats on the release.  Downloading now.  Does the Sahrani in the pack contain the all the updates from the awesome SMD_Sahrani_A2 by cifordayzserver and M1lkm8n?

Edit:  I think the answer is no.  Bummer.  Garage doors and red doors of sheds won't open.  Also, some doors of old OFP-style buildings won't close when you select that action. 

Yes, you can remove it from Panthera. It'll probably not be included in future releases of Panthera, anyway.

Okay, thanks!

Just jizzed in my pants with excitement  :bounce12: haha thanks for a awesome chrissy presant....CUP team you rock  :cc:

Just a small request for the @CUP_Terrains team, when doing patches, maintaining and releasing updates for this addon, could you also release only the updated files, so people won't have to download the giant file every time?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Just a small request for the @CUP_Terrains team, when doing patches, maintaining and releasing updates for this addon, could you also release only the updated files, so people won't have to download the giant file every time?

Thanks. 

I think that was the plan, it was just the RC that was whole download, plan might have changed though!

@CUP

Hi guys i'm getting various glitches, here's a few screenies. Taken from the Lumber yard and the flats near the lumber yard.  ;)

arma3_2015_12_26_12_48_07.png When i get closer to the doorframe the terrains pops back in.

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_10.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_18.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_21.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_30.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_44.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_55.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_53_07.png

@CUP

Hi guys i'm getting various glitches, here's a few screenies. Taken from the Lumber yard and the flats near the lumber yard.  ;)

arma3_2015_12_26_12_48_07.png When i get closer to the doorframe the terrains pops back in.

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_10.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_18.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_21.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_30.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_44.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_52_55.png

arma3_2015_12_26_12_53_07.png

Yes, its a famous A3 bug. You may meet it when hidin behind the corner of the house - there is some radious from the walls showing same issue.

Thanks for this awesome release and all the hard work that's gone into it.

On PwS it appears that certain maps (@FDF_Podagorsk, @mcn_aliabad, @mcn_hazarkot, @praa_AV and @Thirsk) are dependent on AiATP and without that it shows those maps as incompatible and doesn't load them when launching A3, even though CUP terrains is loaded. I don't know if the authors of each of those maps (or the PwS team) need to edit their dependencies or if it something that the CUP team can fix but for now it can be worked around by launching with another program and just using PwS to download mods.

thank you very much :)

I have a little question,

does Terrains Core same as AllInArmaTerrainPackLite did for a server, no need to upload the whole pack to the server ?

Was this answered anywhere? The description does not tell so... it only seems to be needed for other map creators if they need core stuff... So I assume this is not enough to put on a dedicated server?

thanks for the hard work guys! 

On PwS it appears that certain maps (@FDF_Podagorsk, @mcn_aliabad, @mcn_hazarkot, @praa_AV and @Thirsk) are dependent on AiATP and without that it shows those maps as incompatible and doesn't load them when launching A3, even though CUP terrains is loaded. I don't know if the authors of each of those maps (or the PwS team) need to edit their dependencies or if it something that the CUP team can fix but for now it can be worked around by launching with another program and just using PwS to download mods.

Are you trying to continue an existing mission?

If so, there's an issue with that (and a workaround a page or two back).

Could you guys remove the "backwards compatibility" section from the front page until this is properly fixed?

Are you trying to continue an existing mission?

If so, there's an issue with that (and a workaround a page or two back).

Could you guys remove the "backwards compatibility" section from the front page until this is properly fixed?

Nope, not trying to continue anything, just observed that those islands aren't loaded (i.e. checking in Main Menu - Configure - Expansions) when launching with PwS, using a Collection with them and CUP Terrains in.

I have no problem launching with PlayWithSix.

I do however get a persistent "Install" button where "Launch" should be because playwithsix wants me to download aiatp. However if I click the button to the right I can launch the collection without updating. That launches the game with the full collection with maps like Podagorsk, Chernarus Winter and Panthera no problem what so ever.