CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Hey there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to configure at least the Middle-eastern maps like Zargabad, Takistan, Desert and Shapur to have dust kick up effects from vehicles and moving infantry. It just doesnt look right to me when there are tanks storming through the desert with virtually no dust being kicked up. IceBreakrs Isla Duala has this configured nicely and i think some of the BI maps have or had this effect as well.

Or is there a specific reason why this has been left out?

5 hours ago, fanatic72 said:

Hey there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to configure at least the Middle-eastern maps like Zargabad, Takistan, Desert and Shapur to have dust kick up effects from vehicles and moving infantry. It just doesnt look right to me when there are tanks storming through the desert with virtually no dust being kicked up. IceBreakrs Isla Duala has this configured nicely and i think some of the BI maps have or had this effect as well.

Or is there a specific reason why this has been left out?

• Like 1

Yep, pretty sure the config tree only supports one global array for all maps so any mod that revises this overwrites that setting for any previously loaded mod. Think it should be CUP's preserve to do so given the breadth and extent of its terrain support and all other terrains should reference these surfaces (or enable its own dust-effects array in an optional pbo).

• Like 1

Im having a problem I have tried to uninstall and reinstall cup maps from the workshop 3 times and every time i do it downloads but gives me out of date bisign files from 1.2.0 some pbo's are missing bisign files all together i tried to repair the mod but it doesn't work does anyone know how i can fix this?

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, SpartanSix said:

I'm getting the same issue as well on utes and I believe "desert" map. The moving of the camera and whatnot didn't fix the issue, its strange since it's only really those two maps that cause the freeze.

The moving of the camera has fixed it for me so I'm sorry to here it hasn't worked for you. There was one other thing I did and that was to delete the class camera entry at the top of my mission.sqm file and then re load the mission into the editor and save it.

Hope this helps.

Hi CUP team. I'm wondering, what is your take on this video? It's 20 seconds long and demonstrates a problem with AI not opening, but teleporting through a closed door on what appears (to me at least) to be a CUP Takistani building.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IkRDPaWKk7o

I just had a report in one of my mission threads about this on Reshmaan Province. Am I correct that this is a CUP asset?

I realize this isn't the place to post about bugs. I don't mind opening a ticket. I'm just not sure if this is related to the mod or not and would like a second set of eyes on this before I make a formal report.

I'd appreciate any insight I can get.

I've noticed that before on other maps, but I'm not sure if it's a CUP problem or a vanilla one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jarrad96 said:

I've noticed that before on other maps, but I'm not sure if it's a CUP problem or a vanilla one. 

At first I was thinking it's no big deal because the AI can still get from outside to inside (and vice versa). But he made a really good point. Him and his unit are getting constantly ambushed by enemies from inside houses just morphing out of the the buildings similar to how it's demonstrated in the video (but enemies!).

I can see why that would not be fun!

Again, I don't mean to post about a bug here. Just trying to determine if this is a new issue with closed door CUP models and AI being able to open/close the doors.

They used to operate doors just fine so not sure if this is related to the JBAD upgrade or not TBH. Any feedback would be appreciated and I can log a ticket no problem (either with CUP or BIS) if anyone can point me in a direction.

Again, I don't mean to post about a bug here. Just trying to determine if this is a new issue with closed door CUP models and AI being able to open/close the doors.

Are there any other mods running apart from CUP?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Are there any other mods running apart from CUP?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@spark23 Can you clarify what mods you were using for this video?

@Alwarren My assumption was the video was a simple demonstration for me in my mission thread using NATO units and no mods aside from the map requirements, but I guess I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

My assumption was the video was a simple demonstration for me in my mission thread using NATO units and no mods aside from the map requirements, but I guess I'm not sure.

Note that I am not trying to shift blame, it's a genuine question. I personally have not seen this behavior yet, that's why I ask.

16 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Note that I am not trying to shift blame, it's a genuine question. I personally have not seen this behavior yet, that's why I ask.

It's a fair question. I haven't seen it either. But I do know exactly where on Reshmaan he took that video (it's one of my favorite cities in Arma). If he doesn't reply, I'll try to duplicate this myself.

• Like 1

On 14/4/2017 at 3:21 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@spark23 Can you clarify what mods you were using for this video?

@Alwarren My assumption was the video was a simple demonstration for me in my mission thread using NATO units and no mods aside from the map requirements, but I guess I'm not sure.

Sorry for delay,

The issue was present with reshmaan province steam mod and with reshmaan province armaholic mod + mad build mod.

Performed three tests to find the minimum of required addons .

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam) = No buildings, no texture roads and error message "Addon 'mad_lights' require addon 'CABuildings' ".

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam)+Cup terrain-Core = error message "Addon 'reshmaan' require addon 'takistan' " road textures and buildings are rights.

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam)+Cup terrain-Core+Cup Terrain-Maps = Same issue that vídeo.

In general It seems that AI is indecisive to get in/out buildings some times.

• Like 1

@spark23 don't forget you need CUP Maps, Core and CWA. Mad Build too.

I saw your message in my mission thread. Yes I realize this isn't a "CUP map." But I do believe this is a CUP building so worth a test (remember, Mad Build is NOT a buildings mod! It just adds lights and stuff like that. At least I think, so I highly doubt this issue is caused by Mad Build).

And thanks for testing and the video too! :)

Will you address the brightness of the vegetation somwhere down the line? I've searched the thread, but couldn't find a clear statement regarding the matter (probably my fault) other than an acknowledgment that the new lighting system would require some adjustments on your part. So I'm not sure if it's currently bugged and being worked on or that it's more or less final right now. Will overcast settings past 50% it's okay, but below that and the yellow trees especially almost seem luminescent. I couldn't find any mention of it on your feedback tracker as well.

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam) = No buildings, no texture roads and error message "Addon 'mad_lights' require addon 'CABuildings' ".

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam)+Cup terrain-Core = error message "Addon 'reshmaan' require addon 'takistan' " road textures and buildings are rights.

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam)+Cup terrain-Core+Cup Terrain-Maps = Same issue that vídeo.

In general It seems that AI is indecisive to get in/out buildings some times.

Nothing yet?, may be a issue with CABuildings, ¿JBAD?

6 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

Will you address the brightness of the vegetation somwhere down the line? I've searched the thread, but couldn't find a clear statement regarding the matter (probably my fault) other than an acknowledgment that the new lighting system would require some adjustments on your part. So I'm not sure if it's currently bugged and being worked on or that it's more or less final right now. Will overcast settings past 50% it's okay, but below that and the yellow trees especially almost seem luminescent. I couldn't find any mention of it on your feedback tracker as well.

Is there a ticket on our tracker? If not, then not :)

3 hours ago, spark23 said:

Nothing yet?, may be a issue with CABuildings, ¿JBAD?

Woa, hold your horses. We have just released an update of the main pack and are working towards the Jets DLC which is (in scientific terms) a so-called "shit-load" of work... The building issue is, as far as I can see, primarily an issue on Reshmaan, so there isn't even any guarantee that we can do anything about it. In any case, we'll need more time for that, we all had been looking for eggs (figuratively speaking) over the weekend.

This will get addressed in due time, but we might apply the TakCiv rule if nagging persists*

~~ Alwarren

* TakCiv rule: Every posting asking for a feature will delay said feature by at least one month ;)

• Like 4

@spark23 Thanks for testing but your post is a little off topic and confusing. This should be very very simple to check. 

Load Reshmaan with the required mods (it REQUIRES, no questions asked, CUP Maps, Core, CWA and Mad Build).

Go to the building from your video. Look directly at it. Get the classname of the building using this code in your esc menu debug console line. Put it in and press local exec (pretty sure this is right. I had to google it. Not at home): 

nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 5];

99% sure this will come back as a CUP building. Then, open up another CUP map that's included in the pack. Try Takistan or Zargabad. Should have the same building. Find it. Input the code again to make sure it's the same building.

Run your AI test again. If he teleports through the door, it's a CUP issue. Then report it back here or the CUP feedback tracker with the building classname so a dev can try to reproduce.

EDIT: If that code doesn't work, try this. Look at the building and put this in the debug console and click local exec. It will copy the classname to clipboard. So just open up a blank text document and paste it...

copytoclipboard (typeof cursortarget)
  • Like 2

ok, I did 3 test with required addons ( I didn't know what was required), the third was the complete required addons without errors.

- CBA+Reshmaan province (steam)+Cup terrain-Core+Cup Terrain-Maps

As I saw in my first test, not buildings there without Cup terrain-Core, because of that I thought, from my ignorance, that was related with cup.

About hold horses... I understand that you are busy and there are many people asking for things. But it was not my intention to ask for anything, I just wanted to know if someone had seen the same problem, not if you had fixed it.

It is not necessary to be unfriendly.

I'll try what @HeroesandvillainsOS said and I will re-edit my first post So it will not be so confusing . I will not post again about this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, spark23 said:

As I saw in my first test, not buildings there without Cup terrain-Core, because of that I thought, from my ignorance, that was related with cup.

I'm not trying to suggest it isn't CUP TP which is the reason for the problem. but it definitely needs to be examined more closely, since the map in question is something we don't have access to..

17 minutes ago, spark23 said:

ot post again about this.

You can post about it as much as you like, just don't ask for progress :)

@spark23 We just need to determine if this is a CUP building issue. My best guess is it is (or at least that it's happening to a CUP building anyway. Could be a BI problem for all I know).

But since you saw this on Reshmaan, it's definitely more useful to see if you can reproduce this issue on a map included in the CUP pack. Takistan or Zargabad are probably going to contain buildings most similar to the ones on Reshmaan.

Give it a try when you have a second and post what you saw here. I'm certainly curious myself and thanks for taking the initiative trying to track down this bug. In the long run, it will help us all.

16 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Is there a ticket on our tracker? If not, then not :)

Alright, I created a ticket. It's my first one, so tell me if I messed it up somehow. It specifically concerns the Arma 2 (eastern european) vegetation, 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Alright, I created a ticket. It's my first one, so tell me if I messed it up somehow. It specifically concerns the Arma 2 (eastern european) vegetation, 

I added some pictures and remarks regarding Proving Grounds. Same problem, I think...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

I added some pictures and remarks regarding Proving Grounds. Same problem, I think...

Yeah, most custom terrains suffer from it too. It should be an easy fix though (in terms of getting it to look right, Im sure it's much easier said than done in terms of workload). For now just having overcast levels at 50% or more alleviates the issue.

• Like 1