CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

8 hours ago, michael poole said:

i have loaded it an still get the same issue as well as 

Server error: Player without identity

as well when trying to run this map 

You must have corrupt files, then. Try to re-download them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alwarren said:

You must have corrupt files, then. Try to re-download them.

Hi Sir 

I re downloaded the whole Cup Terrains 1.30 and ran Arma 3 after a cache check with just cup terrains and i was still getting the same issue i contacted the server company they stated it was a mod issue nothing to do with my server it was the map as well as the same error on Nogova and another butbwith different p3d files 

8 hours ago, michael poole said:

Hi Sir 

I re downloaded the whole Cup Terrains 1.30 and ran Arma 3 after a cache check with just cup terrains and i was still getting the same issue i contacted the server company they stated it was a mod issue nothing to do with my server it was the map as well as the same error on Nogova and another butbwith different p3d files 

This problem does not occur for anyone else, and since CUP Terrains has more than half a million subscribers, it's safe to say that the problem is on your side I'm afraid. Without seeing an RPT file there is little more I can say about this. Note that you would need to re-upload the files to your server as well, not only to the clients.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, michael poole said:

Server error: Player without identity

I could be wrong but isnt this the error that appears when you dont have any player or playable characters?

I'm sure I've seen that a bunch of times in the server logs, never seen it cause an issue though 

None of the buildings are showing up for me on any of the CUP maps. I get an error when I launch as well telling me that CUP Building files are missing. Any suggestions?

I downloaded it from the steam workshop. I've tried uninstalling it and resubscribing, but still no luck.

EDIT: It turns out it's due to a conflict with the Australia mod. I deactivated that mod and everything was fine.

Hi i have found the issue i downloaded the Magnet link from Cup website but the one from Arma Holic was perfect works fine 

Hello,

Are there patch versions of the updates?  For instance, a v1.2 to v1.3 update that doesn't require re-downloading the gigs of unchanged data?

Thank you,

-Doc

1 hour ago, doc. caliban said:

Are there patch versions of the updates?  For instance, a v1.2 to v1.3 update that doesn't require re-downloading the gigs of unchanged data?

No. You can use the Steam Workshop or Play WithSix, both will only download the modified parts.

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

No. You can use the Steam Workshop or Play WithSix, both will only download the modified parts.

Understood.  Thank you for the reply.  Perhaps that can be a request then, since it's simple to do.

Best,

-Doc

1 hour ago, doc. caliban said:

Understood.  Thank you for the reply.  Perhaps that can be a request then, since it's simple to do.

I'm afraid it won't happen. The above mentioned options are your best bet. Packing a release is already quite a task as it is now, additional download options are out of question right now.

• Like 1

Also, why does Arma 3 keep a copy of the mod in the Arma 3 folder and also in steam workshop folder, wastes 100% more space, i did think this was fixed in a patch.

1 hour ago, daytrader said:

Also, why does Arma 3 keep a copy of the mod in the Arma 3 folder and also in steam workshop folder, wastes 100% more space, i did think this was fixed in a patch.

It doesn't. The "copy" in the Arma 3 folder is simply a shortcut to the one in the steam workshop folder.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Varanon said:

It doesn't. The "copy" in the Arma 3 folder is simply a shortcut to the one in the steam workshop folder.

Only until the badly-broken PoS STEAM client decides to set up and download replicate copies...

1 hour ago, orcinus said:

Only until the badly-broken PoS STEAM client decides to set up and download replicate copies...

Don't think there is much we can do about that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Varanon said:

I dont think it does, you go and check the steamapps workshop content 107410 folder, all the arma 3 mods are there, and there also in steamapps common arma 3 workshop folder, yes the folders have a short cut icon on them, but all the content is still in there, like the @CUP Terrains - Core folder is 7.78GB, thats wrong surely, also there is no CUP Terrains CWA folder in there either.

I think also, why alot of people are having problems with the CUP, is because there aint even a CUP Terrains - CWA folder mod being put in the ARMA 3 workshop folder, can someone confirm this.

1 hour ago, daytrader said:

I think also, why alot of people are having problems with the CUP, is because there aint even a CUP Terrains - CWA folder mod being put in the ARMA 3 workshop folder, can someone confirm this.

I can falsify this. I do have a @CUP Terrains - CWA folder inside my Workshop folder.
SxT2dH5.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pipewr3nch said:

I can falsify this. I do have a @CUP Terrains - CWA folder inside my Workshop folder.
SxT2dH5.png

Double checked and i do not have that folder, i did install thou from Arma 3 workshop, did you manually install yours ? if not, any ideals why steam workshop has not put that folder in my Arma 3 Workshop folder ?, if it has happend to me, could have happend to others, and this would cause alot of the problems people are having thou,  thx

Update, after i loaded the mod, then went back to the folder it was there, so all good, my bad, cheers

• Like 1

any update on this? http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1853

Come on, don't ask for updates. If everybody would do that we'd only be replying to those all the time. If there is an update you will find out. We usually keep you guys informed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Having problems with Arma 3 freezing since the latest update.

What happens is after I load a CUP Terrains mission I've made for Utes into the editor and then try and load a vanilla map for example Altis, Arma 3 freezes and I have to re-start my computer.

frNot sure if its a CUP Terrains issue or an arma 3 issue. But I've tried loading Altis into the editor first and then load another vanilla map it does not freeze but as soon as I load my mission and then go back to a vanilla map the freeze happens again.

EDIT:

May not be a CUP Terrains issue because it seems to be only happening with a Utes mission I've been working on for weeks, so it may be because of something BIS has done in the latest update. Maybe something I've used in the mission might be causing it, but the issue has only started happening since the update, so it might be a mission issue.

I've left this post here for you to read just in case it is a CUP Terrains issue.

Fixed it.

The problem for some reason was the editors map camera. When I went into camera mode the vision was all distorted and crazy so I went back to map view and re-position the camera on the map and saved the mission. Then I checked the camera vision again and it was fixed. So then I tried to load an arma 3 map and had no trouble so it looks like my problem is fixed.

Thanks.

• Like 1

There is a snow object in cup empty objects list, cool thing. is there any water/pond like snow that we can use? I think I saw something before but now I'm searching for empty objects about water/pond, no luck.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:55 AM, cb65 said:

Having problems with Arma 3 freezing since the latest update.

What happens is after I load a CUP Terrains mission I've made for Utes into the editor and then try and load a vanilla map for example Altis, Arma 3 freezes and I have to re-start my computer.

frNot sure if its a CUP Terrains issue or an arma 3 issue. But I've tried loading Altis into the editor first and then load another vanilla map it does not freeze but as soon as I load my mission and then go back to a vanilla map the freeze happens again.

EDIT:

May not be a CUP Terrains issue because it seems to be only happening with a Utes mission I've been working on for weeks, so it may be because of something BIS has done in the latest update. Maybe something I've used in the mission might be causing it, but the issue has only started happening since the update, so it might be a mission issue.

I've left this post here for you to read just in case it is a CUP Terrains issue.

Fixed it.

The problem for some reason was the editors map camera. When I went into camera mode the vision was all distorted and crazy so I went back to map view and re-position the camera on the map and saved the mission. Then I checked the camera vision again and it was fixed. So then I tried to load an arma 3 map and had no trouble so it looks like my problem is fixed.

Thanks.

I'm getting the same issue as well on utes and I believe "desert" map. The moving of the camera and whatnot didn't fix the issue, its strange since it's only really those two maps that cause the freeze.