DarkDruid

New Server Browser (dev branch)

I just found out by another member that this is possible if you've the mod on:

mSceGkj.jpg

It also filters the servers very fast.

This doesn't seem to be possible with the Launcher Server Browser because naturally the mods aren't really on until the game has started. Even if I write type:TacBF nothing happens. In-game server browser I can get TacBF kind of if I do this in the profile missionType="TacBF"; Of course that needs to be done before launching the game and it can't be found from the drop down menu in the game. So it would be cool that those community stuff could at least be possible to type it and let the browser find.

Clicking on the player tab currently sorts servers by their maximum capacity, I personally expected it to sort servers by the current amount of players. At least that's how it works in all other server browsers I know.

• Like 1

Small suggestion for the server browser. Could you increase the width of the scroll bar to the right? It's really thin and directly next to it the cursor will switch over to resizing the window (no clue how that's called correctly).

The size in the mod window is alright.

Edit: What could be the reason for a server not to show up in the server browser? The ip is 46.4.91.122:2302. Could it be the port? Our other two servers have port 2316 and 2326 and show up just fine.

The 'Official' filter tick box doesn't seem to find any of the official arma servers.

According to the Servers part of the Arma website at the tiime of testing, it should have picked up those that were online.

Unless I've missed something.

Each time I've tried to test rc multi, there were no servers under the official filter, to jump on.

Edit: On a side note, the 'Connect' button on the servers area of the website, doesn't seem to work.

Edit 2: Ok so just tested again the 'Official Servers only' Filter only seems to work under the 'Internet' tab once you've already favourited the official servers.

So somewhere the two tabs (Favourites and Internet) are getting confused about which tab the 'Official Servers only' filter applies to...

If you can work out what the hell I'm talking about I'll be impressed! ;)

1. will it be possible to filter out by gamemodes Altis Life, KotH, etc?
2. will it be possible to filter out all servers that have Bots?
3. will it be possible to filter out game modes that use ingame money?
4. will it be possible to filter for specific mods?

• Like 1

Some points i noticed in the new Server Browser, i don't know if only for me. 

1- The servers synchronization (i suppose) seems to be too lazy. Too much difference between players number on new browser at the real number in the in game browser at a given time. 

2- The no 3rd person filter seem to be not useful at all. Much of the servers marked like no 3rd person actually are (i know HC sign). 

3- It is unuseful with Battle Royale, cause it is impossible to know if a given server is open or in play (green question mark on in game browser)

Could we get an a button to clear the browser history e.g, Recent servers?

Additionally, I find it kinda strange the the server password gets replaced by **** when typing. That's annoying if one has a server with a complicated pw.

Logic tells me that most users select Internet tab more frequently then

Favorites, friends and recent.

So why not put Internet tab first and save us one click every time going

into server browser?

Server browser looks splendid after today's update, very good job. I found one issue with the localisation, though.

When trying to join a server, there's a button with the following text:

"Keep currently selection and join"

I believe it should be: "Keep current selection and join"

Edit: It seems like map names in the detailed server view all begin with a small letter, e.g altis instead of Altis.

Overhaul feedback :

When a server is selected, and a least one of the required extensions is missing locally, all extensions will appear with a red dot in front of it, and not only the missing ones.

--Edit : and I have a spam of MalwareByte Antimalware about Arma 3 or the Launcher, under 'protection against malicious website'.

Here is a log :

Detection, 05/05/2016 15:18, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 195.2.253.181, 55709, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:18, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 195.2.253.181, 55709, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:18, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 95.84.156.102, 55709, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:18, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 95.84.156.102, 55709, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:20, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 195.2.253.181, 50616, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:20, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 195.2.253.181, 50616, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:20, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 95.84.156.102, 50616, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe, 
Detection, 05/05/2016 15:20, SYSTEM, myComputerName, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 95.84.156.102, 50616, Outbound, D:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe, 

The launcher was just opened, on the server browser window, and I was doing something else on my computer.

The log part about Arma 3 (and not the laucher) might have been triggered when I was in-game, and I didn't saw notifications.

Any chance for a "Load all allowed mods" button for this window?

jg94tbd.png

• Like 1

Some more feedback:

While I generally like the new "server mod window" I think it needs some clean up and clarification, (maybe some tooltips)?

K0wwJjN.png

1. The width of the window should be increase so even long mod names can be displayed without messing up the formatting (Idk what up with widths of windows, but you generally make them too small, same in Eden)

2. What excactly is meant by "additional mods" ? To my understanding that's simply mods which are optional, e.g allowed but not required.There for I think it should simply be called optional mods

3. Last but not least, I think the "not allowed mods" should be hidden(collapsed) by default to keep the window nice and clean. It's generally nice that we can load not allowed mods, but I can't think of a case where that would get one anywhere.

LAUNCHER
  • Added: An extended list of server-side mods ignored by the Launcher Server Browser
  • Added: An extended list of client mods that can be automatically detected
  • Added: An extended list of server-side mods that are ignored by the Launcher Server Browser (e.g. @ASM)

I guess that simply means that the launcher is now able to detect even more mods?

Thank you for the favourites tab, really hope this makes it into the ingame server browser as well. It is a real pain not having this and playing on multiple servers regularly.

There's a bunch of other features I think would improve the browser:

• An option to remember the server password
  • Custom server tags: tvt, coop, milsim, public, good fps, vanilla, respawn, permanent death, good Zeus (can then be used in quickplay also)
  • As mentioned a launch chat client button at specified address is an excellent idea
  • Personal notes for the server: Operations start at 20:00 daily, I can use my favourite optional mods, doesn't allow facewear, admin is hothead, cheaters during peak avoid, etc
  • Server notes: logo, chat client info, intro, rules (maybe something like arma units you get taken to when clicking. even something more basic where servers have more than that one line would be great)
  • Please consider manual users too: Let us make and save (non-steam) mod preset configurations for servers, setting up multiple locations to scan for mods
  • You can display a lot more useful information when hovering over the server than what is currently shown, including most of the above requests
  • Make use of right mouse button to easily access server options and configuration instead of clicking left and right
  • Easy to backup settings for format or precaution
  • Queue for joining server would be great
  • Filter for DEV, STABLE, RC, LEGACY

Thanks for improving the server browser!

How does the server browser decide which mods are "Mods required by the server" and which are "Suggested and additional mods"?

For missing mods, it would be nice to also have the option to "find in local files", in case you have the mod, but haven't added it to the launcher yet. This could, in turn, also add it to the launcher as you would need to do with the current version in order for your local mods to be recognized.