Hi....

i'd really love to use your SAM sites stuff, but it's all too big for me.  And too random in regards to placement.

I'd like just the search and track radar, a launcher and maybe an AAA gun all in one site. And ideally, me placing them where i want without the piles of earth they have as defense and then somehow linking them so they act as a whole with proper range like the bigger sites offer.

After reading the documentation i sort of thought i could do that with the sensor control box, placed near a radar radome that's already existing on the map, connecting it to preplaced assets but it didn't work or i couldn't make it work. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 🍻

FIX: ZU-23 recoil causing units to flip over.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the continued fixes. I really need to get around adding some SAM stuff to my missions or just making brand new ones with heavy focus on SAM units. It might be that existing missions balance is thrown out of whack if such dangerous vehicles / sites are just plugged in there, would need some testing.

Just ran a zeus mission for the first time with your SAM pack in our modpack.
I normally use ALiVE just to populate areas with civilians, and I noticed one named MAP Radome AI spawner  who was an AAF unit showing as a civilian and he started lighting up the players.

I'm guessing from the Radome that this comes from your mod? Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks for all the work you put into these mods by the way ❤️

The radome spawners do what their name implies.  When placed they will generate an AI for the map radomes within a 20km, 10km or 5km radius depending on the specific unit in question.  This typically covers most maps.  They are direct "child" objects from the placeholder "AA soldiers" in the mod.  There are also CIV units for placement depending on mission maker needs.  When the radome is destroyed, the AI (obviously) dies so that you can knock out a map radar and make a difference in missions (ideally for an MP scenario).

The spawn function can be called directly via trigger etc. based on mission needs.  From the function readme:

/*************** Radome Activation Script **********************************

Finds world radar dome objects and populates radomes for in a 10km circle
from the spawn point.  Populates either/or/both large and small radomes
for the side of the spawn unit/vehicle/logic.

Mission makers may allow multiple sides to occupy radomes in different areas
of a large map by adding smaller ranges to the input command of the spawn unit.  
Recommend smaller values due to potential script lag.  Large area/side activations
or frequent spawner placement should run only at startup to avoid in-mission lag spikes.

The spawned 'pook_radome' static vehicle INIT scripts will precisely place the
spawned radar vehicles on the map's radomes with an appropriate AI gunner. UAV
units are not used since enemy AI will not target and attack the enemy UAV
gunners.  CIV side radomes are not targeted by anyone.

Author: hcpookie

Arguments:
==========
    0: Spawn Unit (position used as center of population area)
    1: OPTIONAL: Custom range around the spawn unit to search for map radome
       buildings (in km)

USAGE:
======
    DEFAULT:  Placement is via "spawner" unit INIT EH.  Simply place a Spawner unit on
    the    map via the editor, or mission makers may spawn one as necessary.  The mod provides
    different kinds of spawners each with different ranges, in 20km, 10km, and 5km versions.

OPTIONAL PLACEMENT:  Custom placement can be performed by adding the following command
    to any unit's Action or INIT.  For example, to spawn radomes in a 5km radius:

_r = [this, 5] call pook_SAM_fnc_radomes;
        _r = [this, 5] spawn pook_SAM_fnc_radomes;

... to spawn radomes in 1km (for a single map dome):
        _r = [this, 1] call pook_SAM_fnc_radomes;
        _r = [this, 1] spawn pook_SAM_fnc_radomes;

Side selection for radomes is based on the spawner unit's Side.

RETURN:
=======
    Sidechat indicating radome placement status.

NOTES:
======
    Logged errors in RPT will contain the "POOK_GCI_LOG" prefix.

****************************************************************************/

Ok cool, but is there any way to stop this?

Because having random AAF soldiers (who will shoot the players) spawn in with the rest of the civilians even when I'm not using any SAM sites but just have the mod in our mod pack, is a little frustrating.  

Like is there a way to turn all automated spawning off?

Thanks again 

Seems like Hcpookie M-777 artillery gun's M712 Copperhead Laser round is not working; I laser target location, call the arty up, it goes through radio protocol all the way up to "splash" but nothing happens, no round never hits. (note: this was with bis support module, not with pook arty script function, I assume that was the reason).

Also M-777 artillery gun's AP Heat round nothing happens after radio call splash.

After my yesterdays first real Hcpookie artillery pack combat mission I feel like these vehicles can definitely be added to PMC missions in general, a lot of fun to play with them, shoot them and destroy them 🙂

Quote from PMC Tactical forums Hcpookie Artillery Pack Game-play topic.

Edit: I apologize posted on the wrong topic, sigh 😞

Hcpookie Artillery Pack damage texture report is finished. Damage / destroyed textures missing / not working in classes:

pook_2S1_RU
pook_2S3_RU
pook_2S5_RU
pook_2S7_RU, partial; hull is OK but parts of the gun turret and rear apparatus has no damage texture applied.
pook_9K52_RU
pook_9K57_RU
pook_9K57M_RU, partial; hull is OK but the gun turret has no damage texture applied.
pook_9K720_RU, partial; overall its OK but small middle parts got no damage texture applied.
pook_K300P_RU, partial; overall its OK but small middle parts got no damage texture applied.
pook_MZKT_AMMO_RU, partial; overall its OK but suspension and missiles got no damage texture applied.
pook_TOS1A_RU

You can download virtual reality damage texture raport testing mission: hcpookie_artillery9.VR.7z.

Hope that helps to track down the models.

Edit: I apologize posted on the wrong topic, sigh 😞

Pook arty pack discussion topic:

14 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Ok cool, but is there any way to stop this?

Because having random AAF soldiers (who will shoot the players) spawn in with the rest of the civilians even when I'm not using any SAM sites but just have the mod in our mod pack, is a little frustrating.  

Like is there a way to turn all automated spawning off?

Thanks again 

Stop what, exactly?  If you place them on the map they will spawn the radar code.  Same as with the SAM site spawner units.  You don't place them, they won't spawn the radars.

Again because they're faction Civ_F when you use that for ALiVE (or any other mod that spawn units based off of factions) you end up with these random AAF dudes mixed in with what should be civilians, and then because they're armed they start shooting at the players.

And the more I think about it, the more I believe this was also responsible for the massive lag spike we were dealing with when the players moved into a populated area. 
ALiVE spawns the civilians (which includes your MAP Radome AI spawner units because they're also Civ_F) and that in turn runs your radar code for every one of your Radome guys it's spawned.

7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

If you place them on the map they will spawn the radar code.  Same as with the SAM site spawner units.  You don't place them, they won't spawn the radars.

I guess that's the crux of the problem. If I had to manually place them on the map that would be fine, but because you have them set as the base Civilian Faction (Civ_F) any faction based spawner will spawn them when I don't want them. If you made them your own civilian faction (Civ_Pook for instance) then I could add them when I wanted, not have them spawn with all the vanilla civilians 

It sounds like this is an Alive problem.  I am not sure how to add an exclusion or filter for Alive.

It's NOT an ALiVE problem, because the same thing would happen with the BI civilian presence system or any other system that spawns based off unit faction.

I would argue that the problem comes from making an armed AAF unit part of the civilian faction.
As I said if you had made them own faction instead of Civ_F it wouldn't be an issue because it would only spawn and run code when we specifically spawned that faction. 

Any spawning system that relies on the units faction is going to have the same problem, random armed AFF units spawning and shooting players, along with running your radar code every time it does so. 

Not trying to argue a point - you're missing the details.  This was already discussed back in 2017, which lead to this disclosure:

The point of that topic is that mission makers needed a listing of my "not to be used" classnames for their mission planning.

Alive mod expects you, the mission maker, to create your own blacklist to suit your mission needs:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

My statements are attempting to convey the fact that I do not know how to take a blacklist and put it into my mod's config so as to make it a "permanent" blacklist.  Their Wiki doesn't appear to have that information as everything is tailored toward mission makers.  Or I am simply not finding it.

Either way, I lack the information to permanently place this blacklist info into my mod.  I will reach out to the Alive team again to see if they can provide guidance.

I honestly think the easiest way is to not have them as Civ_F and instead make your own Civilian faction Civ_Pook 
That way no system will use them by default and if mission makers want to add it then they can, because as I said it's not just an ALiVE issue.

Does this addon have the function of intercepting missiles of MLRS, TBM? 

No; those are artillery-based and don't work in the same principles as you would think as "normal" missiles.

Hey Pooki, I have this question, actually a request. Could you please send me a sample cfg model pattern for s-300 ??? please . I wanted to do something myself but I can't find help anywhere