Is there a limit to the radars,do I have to place the radar in some direction on order for it to see targets?  Or do it see in all directions?

Some more work on the EW radar family.  Put the Nebo-UE VHF EW radar together last night.  Not sure on the exact height, but using pics from the Interweb the scale looks pretty close.  I'm going to work on a "listening post" or "early warning site" so that the Side "report targets" feature can be used via drag-and-drop.  Remember the new feature just makes the "side" report targets (remember "Papa Bear" reports???) so the EW site will be able to provide that feature in lieu of AWACS, JSTARS, A-50, etc.

Also in the pic beside the good old 76N6 "clam shell", is the 92N6 fire control radar (SA-21), 96L6 "cheese board" EW radar, and the 36D6 "tin shield" EW radar for SA-10.  There are a few more EW radars I want to bang out but they may have to wait as I'm getting closer to a stable point for release.

nebo_UE.jpg    nebo_UE2.jpg

compare to the Real Life pic:

http://www.ausairpower.net/PVO-S/55G6-1-NEBO-RLS-VHF-4S.jpg

• Like 3

Could Data Link Synced to a plane or a plane with the same be used as a real AWACS and used in connection with this mod? Even turn sites on/off and even via script-turn off the opposing side system? Make a corridor for the enemy side jets to come in and do something,then turn on the AA on players side and make opponent use up limited resources that wont replenish ?

Some sort of Stand-alone radar-scope may be very useful for plotting air assets and enemies and co-ordinate all this,particularly in 

MP.

If we could make some automated system that paracute single AA-units at decided locations-we could use the reporting/scout system ahead of time and pre-place AAA in the way for their return-flights.

Would make boring return trips get exiting....to say the least.Great mod.Thanks.

Yes, Data Link does exactly that.  You can set up a Plane or vehicle with a Long Range active Radar  to send information via Data Link to any vehicles with the Receive trait.
Then they can see ANY detected target out to their max range.  They may not be able to target that far, but they can see it.

The problem will come with vehicle radar ranges.  Almost everything out right now is based on the default 16KM max range for Vanilla Arma.  I THINK Firewill is configuring a select few airframes to have longer range radar screens.

Someone could probably make a mod to re-config Vanilla or mod planes to have longer range Radar screens though.

Yes,but I`m for some sort of Ground Radar Tracking Station that can send out missiles on vehicles that can be air dropped to disrupt on it`s own.Would give someone a full-time job in MP and force a side to go by cars instead of air-and be forced to deploy AGM-88 to guard against unknown sites.

If I have a mod with AWACS--can I order my missile-system around inside of that plane ?  I`ve seen some interresting mods with aircraft but no way to boss assets around.I want this for SP mostly.Just a simple GUI that can show me the needed info on a Scope /Screen as a stand-alone or an overlay used with other mod that allows me to give WP like the zeus interface.A Hold Fire and and other modes would be handy.

I would need more options than Target this with That but more options like telling assets to wait until that same aircraft return and fly overhead once more and so on.Maybe Ripple-fire or Blinking.Buddy-launching combined with Barrage Fire by AA-units may be synced with a timer that allows them to fly inside the area by putting AA-guns on hold and directing cars to likely escape routes to set up ambush.

Is V758 weapon system going to be modelled in this.(there version of Rapier.) wheeled version,  Btw,I realy need a Rapier that I can tow.If that can be made.

Q:  Will Pantsir also include the Pantsir S-2 version?  Will these be able to target smart bombs in arma 3?

Q:  Will JTAC with Data Link be incorporated into this?  If these could launch jets they will enable a new way to contest what can do what where in Arma 3.

Just came up with a kind of a great idea:  If one can increse the range of ECM-systems-one could give the MP-players a great new tool.  By simply extend the range of the ECM with a gradual decrese in efficency and protctection of the planes we could have 3 planes fly with their jammers on realatively far from target and simulate ECM-warfare.

Make a triangle,1 to each side ,1 flying as high as possible in the middle.Would need some scripting to make sure the Sams still work and such.

They would need to turn on their ECM-pods at such a timing they make a particular area less suseptic to Sams hitting the aircraft and another more vulnareble dependent on how far the plane it`s protecting is right now.

The cool-down time should be at interval and top-middle of map another less efficient but allways on reducing the risks.

Based on this page:   http://www.almaz-antey.ru/en/catalogue/millitary_catalogue/1219/1241/1337

It looks like I could adapt my jammer scripts to protect a site instead of just an airplane.  This site jammer would protect against incoming HARM missiles etc.  Not sure if I want to implement something like this... it could lead to rage-quits :)

The device itself doesn't seem very big.  There are also "decoy" systems for SA3 and SA8 radar systems.  Looks like they simply radiate in the proper range to decoy incoming missiles.

Gazetchik-E-MAWS-Decoy-Suite-1S.jpg

Could you script something to provide intermittent Radiating from sites using the new sensor configs?

Like your old stuff that comes on and then goes off, can that be done for the new Radar?  So players in a vehicle with appropriate sensors would see the Radar come on their screens possibly, but it would then disappear when it stops radiating?

They would have to get within 16 KM for it to be on their radar screen unless they were using an appropriately modified vehicle that can display longer ranges.

Will you add updated Pantsir 2 to this?     Some sort of infantry with their own AA-system?

Look's awsome but the SA-20 launchers get invisible from longer range watch for the right launcher in the video

Disappearing SA20 launchers were fixed in the last update (Last September).  You should make sure you're using the latest version. Changelog in both post #1 and THE GUIDE describe the update.

Or wait a little while for the big-huge update coming soon... hopefully by the end of the summer

• Like 1

wzV4Z.png

I downloaded it yesterday from armaholic, could it be that they have an outdatet version?

yeah, that's not current.  4.3 is the current version.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, hcpookie said:

That is a real shame because if you and your "unit" would take the 15 minutes to figure how to really install mods you'd have a much richer gaming experience.  Steam is making idiots of us all.

I would agree with you there. Some mild use of the file browser and unpacking is the least that can be done.  I honestly learned to write code is due to .sqf. For some reason, this game gave me the understanding.  I play Arma with my twin brother who was/is(he would say once a Marine always a Marine) an Infantry Marine other ex-mil and some other high school friends. I have been able to spin that off into basic and VB and VBA and improve my work and resume. Steam is easier but if you enjoy something guys take the time to explore it and see what you can learn you might surprise yourself and kick some ass in the mean time.

But hey, Fros7bite

"Yes I intend to start using steam for distribution as the big "but then they own it" debate really doesn't apply, not really.  So most likely the post-Jets update will be on Steam as well as other places for people who know how to install mods."

-Pook 2017

14 hours ago, ski2060 said:

yeah, that's not current.  4.3 is the current version.

Latest Version of Mod is a feature of Steam Workshop.

It's real useful, especially when you're managing many mods and/or many users.

15 hours ago, ArmaFiend said:

I honestly learned to write code is due to .sqf. For some reason, this game gave me the understanding. 

Yeah you can pick up PowerShell scripting in no time as the same structures are used by both!  I often find myself writing .SQF format in my PS1 scripts and vice-versa.  :)  The reason I think it is easier than learning code straight up is that instead of "userlist" you have things like "weaponlist" etc. which is easier to understand and manipulate.  You can see it in your mind so to speak. 

"I don't even see code now... I see blonde, brunette, red-head..."

BLUFOR getting some early warning radar love.  AN/TPY-2 and the AN/FPS-132 radar arrays.  Intended for use as an Early Warning / Listening Post for BLUFOR / IND factions.  This will supplement the OPFOR / IND EW sites that will utilize the Russian-designed Nebo systems.  Need to get the RVMAT's updated and it should be ready for use.  The scale of the AN/FPS-132 is a bit off, it should be bigger.  So I will probably update that some more.

AESAradars.jpg

• Like 4

I noticed that whenever I put 4 pac-2 together and group them to a radar, they engage the same with or without the radar there. Is this normal? 

4 minutes ago, dilltron55 said:

I noticed that whenever I put 4 pac-2 together and group them to a radar, they engage the same with or without the radar there. Is this normal? 

You have to place them via the site spawner or deal with dumb AI doing their thing.  The point of the site spawn scripts is to manage the AI behavior for just this purpose.

Newly updated site layout.  What's different? 

- 50-50 chance for Fire Control radar to be the standard wheeled vehicle, or the mast-mounted alternative, as here. 

- 6x launchers instead of 4x launchers as before

- better rampart and randomization placement for EWR and SHORAD systems

Unfortunately what you can't clearly see here is that the hill placement of the towers makes them lean.  I need to update the 3D models as "vertical" placement to correct that.  That may cause the base to partially float at the bottom, but they will correctly be placed vertically which is more important.  I may add a "base" to them so they always look like they belong.

Also the RVMAT's on the towers looks broken.  You can see a clear texture and sand-colored textures instead of the drab green.  So more work. 

Good news, all the newly optimized scripts and new functions appear to work correctly.  Should be MUCH better in MP scenarios.

newsite.jpg

• Like 1

Oooohhh  I see tree cutter's going to work in that pic.  Nice!

When it works, it works well. 

newsite2.jpg

What I am realizing is that the order in which I'm spawning things doesn't lend itself to robust placement.  About every 1 in 3 spawns, one of the vehicles goes flying into orbit since its location isn't cleared yet.  It only seems to be the order in which the site pieces are calculated.  I'm going to redo the scripts (sigh) so the spawn and clearing order is more predictable.  It seems the placement on a slope or hill is the culprit, since the position calculation for the components is slightly off vs. a pure flat terrain like the VR map.  Getting really close to having this thing ready to ship :)

Success!  Through a combination of better script placement and improved artillery embankment models, the sites no longer toss the launchers into the air.  Tested at least a dozen spawns and no more launched launchers :)   I've tested placement on this steep a slope and other than some minor rolling downhill the vehicles appear to behave well.  The heli_H markers are there to help me understand where the script is selecting to place them.

From this:   samsiteplacement1.jpg    To this:    samsiteplacement2.jpg

Another thing I'm seeing - the actual mast-mounted FCR units inherit from staticAAlauncher (which is tankx simulation).  You can see it leaning in the pic.  They don't honor the "placement = vertical" property in the model.  The EWR mast units inherit from House_F and they all honor that flag.  So there must be something else I need to do with it.  Maybe a setVector or something like that.  They should not fall over due to how the mass is allocated, but still looks bad.

• Like 2

Fixed the vertical issue.  Statics use simulation = "tankx".  Changed to simulation = "tank".  The old-style "landcontact" lod is now used (instead of hte physx geo lod!) and the "placement" flag is recognized.  That's all it took!  Since these statics really don't need physx they should behave with no problems.  Using a non-physx simulation like "tank" will mean the engine noise isn't heard on this static object... oh well :)   Of possible interest in this pic is the new "underneath" bits that you can see sticking out somewhat... keeps them from floating when placed on slopes like this.

Another step close to completion... also fixed that annoying distance LOD texture switch.  Turns out the towers were a royal mess, but no longer.

Getting closer!  :)   Need to ensure the new AAA scripts are firing off correctly, now that the SAM sites are completed (note: don't forget to remove the heli_H markers before release :)  )     Also need to determine why the SA8 doesn't shoot its missiles at anything.

verticalmasttest.jpg

• Like 3