BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

BI Team,

Recently I got a problem with connecting to My Units page, I cannot access to My Units at all.

It reports that I have to login first(although I already did). Once I have re-login, it forwards me to my BI account setting page and stop at there.

Here are the screen captures.

BO1C1jU.jpg

liJi7PK.jpg

upx4AYf.jpg

In conclusion, the Units page seems fine, but the owner cannot perform logging in to manage/customize his own Units setting.

Any further advice should be appreciated. :-)

53 minutes ago, lordbooka said:

BI Team,

Recently I got a problem with connecting to My Units page, I cannot access to My Units at all.

It reports that I have to login first(although I already did). Once I have re-login, it forwards me to my BI account setting page and stop at there.

Here are the screen captures...

In conclusion, the Units page seems fine, but the owner cannot perform logging in to manage/customize his own Units setting.

Any further advice should be appreciated. :-)

The IT team performed some maintenance that should now have resolved the login issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, please try it again.

5 minutes ago, BohemiaBeck said:

The IT team performed some maintenance that should now have resolved the login issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, please try it again.

Thank you, now I can manage it properly :f:.

• Like 1

Hi,

I registered one unit. However, I can't see the picture in game.
Looking at the player column, the name of the unit appears to be appearing.
When I select another unit, I can see the picture.

My unit picture's resolution is 400*400, 30.3KB

I am not in English-speaking countries, so I am sorry if it's funny English.

----------

Added: 11/19 10:10 Zulu

When I checked it in the afternoon, the problem was solved but I don't know how it was solved. Thank you BI team.

Edited by nekokichi59
problem was solved

Hi! When I try to see "My Units", I received this message: 

ERROR_

We encountered an error. If the problem persists, please contact us as via email at support@bistudio.com.

Any clues?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kile467 said:

Hi! When I try to see "My Units", I received this message: 

ERROR_

We encountered an error. If the problem persists, please contact us as via email at support@bistudio.com.

Any clues?

i think something is wrong with the webside i have the same problem 

Hello i have my unit (i am the unit manager) and this evening units stops working, no more in game symbol and no more unit in my profile (in game). Now if i try to see the unit profile i receive "internal error" message.  Lilke me other member in game lost the uinit name in chat as for symbol. 

hi there

I'm loving the unit system in beta -thanks so much for implementing it.

It makes finding our servers so easy for the members, and this is the primary reason we are using it.

Being able to schedule events and message members would be a neat feature, so if that is ever implemented, we will be extremely grateful.

Currently we are using Steam group calendar for events, but nobody ever reads it! At least it can send reminders / announcements though.

So, the only issue with the current build we have is the rank icons seem to get stuck, so if you promote (or maybe only when you demote) someone, they keep their original rank icon.

In the image below you can see that

1. TeTeT has a colonel icon and Major rank

2. Barden has a Major icon and Captain rank

This seems to occur as a result of changing member ranks.

I guess right now the only easy fix is for them to leave the unit and rejoin it.

Anyway, good luck with the improvements!

thanks for your time

EB

601tvSL.jpg

Hi,

I've recently set up my Arma 3 Units page. Everything is functional EXCEPT displaying the unit insignia in-game.

I've tested on locally-hosted multiplayer servers in the past using the traditional Squad XML method, and that works fine.

I just can't get Arma 3 Units to show my unit's insignia. In-game, it indicates that I am in the unit e.g. Hinds [CLANTAG].

The insignia is a PNG, <300 KB, and 512x512px dimensions. I don't think there are any issues with the file itself.

Thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks!

On 12/2/2017 at 2:13 AM, Hinds said:

Hi,

I've recently set up my Arma 3 Units page. Everything is functional EXCEPT displaying the unit insignia in-game.

I've tested on locally-hosted multiplayer servers in the past using the traditional Squad XML method, and that works fine.

I just can't get Arma 3 Units to show my unit's insignia. In-game, it indicates that I am in the unit e.g. Hinds [CLANTAG].

The insignia is a PNG, <300 KB, and 512x512px dimensions. I don't think there are any issues with the file itself.

Thanks!

Make sure to only use regular letters and/or numbers in the clan tag without using any special characters, brackets, slashes, periods or anything else.

56 minutes ago, BohemiaBeck said:

Make sure to only use regular letters and/or numbers in the clan tag without using any special characters, brackets, slashes, periods or anything else.

It's just two capital letters and a single number (no spaces). So, I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply, though! Any other thoughts?

5 hours ago, Hinds said:

It's just two capital letters and a single number (no spaces). So, I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply, though! Any other thoughts?

Sending you a PM to troubleshoot further.

On 02.12.2017 at 3:13 AM, Hinds said:

Hi,

Thanks!

On the servers, the info and the XML logo of the squad can be blocked.
You can check this as follows.
Network game, Create a host server.
Select Altis mission Zeus 4 + 1 Bootcamp.
Start the mission.
You will see your logo and tags if they are made correctly.

10 hours ago, lex__1 said:

On the servers, the info and the XML logo of the squad can be blocked.
You can check this as follows.
Network game, Create a host server.
Select Altis mission Zeus 4 + 1 Bootcamp.
Start the mission.
You will see your logo and tags if they are made correctly.

I tried this. I can see the tag next to my name, but the insignia does not show up in the player menu on the map OR on my character's shoulder in-game.

46 minutes ago, Hinds said:

I tried this. I can see the tag next to my name, but the insignia does not show up in the player menu on the map OR on my character's shoulder in-game.

Check the dimensions of the sides of the logo, can change 400 * 400 pixels, or reload it on the server.

20 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Check the dimensions of the sides of the logo, can change 400 * 400 pixels, or reload it on the server.

The dimensions of the image I have uploaded are 512x512. In the past, that has worked fine for XMLs. Does Units have an issue with dimensions that high? I will try a smaller image and see if that helps.

EDIT: The minimum is 400x400 (which my original image already surpassed). I tried a 1024x1024 instead and it still isn't working.

Edited by Hinds

On 11/27/2017 at 10:13 AM, eggbeast said:

hi there

I'm loving the unit system in beta -thanks so much for implementing it.

It makes finding our servers so easy for the members, and this is the primary reason we are using it.

Being able to schedule events and message members would be a neat feature, so if that is ever implemented, we will be extremely grateful.

Currently we are using Steam group calendar for events, but nobody ever reads it! At least it can send reminders / announcements though.

So, the only issue with the current build we have is the rank icons seem to get stuck, so if you promote (or maybe only when you demote) someone, they keep their original rank icon.

In the image below you can see that

1. TeTeT has a colonel icon and Major rank

2. Barden has a Major icon and Captain rank

This seems to occur as a result of changing member ranks.

I guess right now the only easy fix is for them to leave the unit and rejoin it.

Anyway, good luck with the improvements!

thanks for your time

EB

Currently, if someone is set as an ADMIN of the unit, their icon will be that of a Colonel, regardless of their actual rank.

If someone is set as a MODERATOR of the unit, their icon will be that of a Major, again regardless of their actual rank.

Someone know why emblem of my unit dont show up in the game (vehicles, uniform). I have my unit active in game. I tried reinstal game but it didnt help .

On 12/9/2017 at 12:09 PM, milordsajgonka said:

Someone know why emblem of my unit dont show up in the game (vehicles, uniform). I have my unit active in game. I tried reinstal game but it didnt help .

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

I'd like to know that how could I make contact with one of my unit member? A Russian dude had just applied for my unit. I don't want to let him down but I'll have to make sure he can understand English... I can't even open his profile or see his email address

I have had my units for a while now, and everything has worked fine until recently.  We changed the IP address of one of our servers.  On that server none of our units show up.  The Clan Tags do not show nor do the logos.  On our other servers everything works fine, and before we changed IP's it worked on this mission file as well.  I did make sure that the new IP is listed in the operations page.

Is there anything else I can try to get the unit information to work?

On 12/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, Eroge said:

I'd like to know that how could I make contact with one of my unit member? A Russian dude had just applied for my unit. I don't want to let him down but I'll have to make sure he can understand English... I can't even open his profile or see his email address

There is currently not a way to direct communicate with others in your Unit, that is on a wishlist features list. All communication needs to be done outside the system.

On 12/17/2017 at 12:37 AM, acebelew said:

I have had my units for a while now, and everything has worked fine until recently.  We changed the IP address of one of our servers.  On that server none of our units show up.  The Clan Tags do not show nor do the logos.  On our other servers everything works fine, and before we changed IP's it worked on this mission file as well.  I did make sure that the new IP is listed in the operations page.

Is there anything else I can try to get the unit information to work?

Have the servers changed from Windows to Linux? Is the port used for the server in the default range or near it? Please feel free to send me a PM so I can help troubleshoot what might be the issue.

I got a unit of my clan with so many members that they are listed in 2 pages if I want to change their ranks. On the main page, it doesn't show the members who are on the 2nd page. Anyone has ideas?

(On rank 1, there are only 3 people listed, that should be 11.)

My Unit:

https://units.arma3.com/unit/fireteampandora

Some members are part of unit but are not displayed on member listing. They can't be selected for operation managers. Similarly I have 2/3 admins selected, when trying to select 3rd one it gives error that all slots for that role are already taken.

https://units.arma3.com/unit/cnto

Apologies for double post, didn't notice the PM from BohemiaBeck.

I've sent a reply about the issue.