BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

On 2/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, AV8R_Six said:

Greetings BohemiaBeck, any timeline on when the Beta is going to 1.0 release candidate?

AV8R

Greetings,

There is not currently a set date for the transition out of Beta, however when it does occur it will be announced before hand. As Korneel stated a few posts up, currently the web team is working on several projects right now and Arma 3 Units main development is on hold.

• Like 1

Attention Arma 3 Units community: Late this evening a short maintenance will occur on the Arma 3 Units site. During the maintenance, Arma 3 Units will be unavailable for approximately 30 minutes. The maintenance should begin at approximately 10:00pm (CET)

On 27-1-2017 at 11:05 PM, T. Miller said:

Hi there,

I can't recall linking my reddit post in here, since it's a suggestion regarding A3Units a while back:

mtgdsesczftx.gif

Here's what I commented on my post myself:

"I expected that there was already a design, but after 3 years of using spreadsheets/steam/teamspeak to show events and monitor attendance, I hoped that by making this suggestion, you'd implement some of these features that would litterally change the popularity/usability of the website. Things like a simple click to show if you are interested in a mission or being able to sign up as a role should definitely be implemented!"

Furthermore, pretty sure you already had this request, but just backing it up: Just make the size counter go over 100, seems like there is no real reason to cap it and display '+100'.

Also, please remove the 'feature' (not sure if) that admins of the unit show up with the Major icon, as seen here: http://prntscr.com/e17jln

The current way 'ranks' on the website are handled (talking about the names of the ranks (UNIT LEADERS, EXEC OFFICERS, OFFICERS, ENLISTED), the icons (bound to the rank, unchangeable)) is not sufficient.

I sincerely suggest allowing units to create their own ranks, allowing them to create up to, for instance, 15, and name themas they see fit. This, together with being able to give people specific titles would definetly be sufficient.

I'd like to add something to my suggestion that is in my eyes equally important for events:

There has to be an archive; When you click on the 'EVENTS' tab, you should be brought to the list of 'upcoming events'. Though, there should also be a button at the top to bring you to the 'past events'.

So, to make a list:

• Setting up events (Title, Description, Date, Time, Terrain, Faction)
  • Attendance (Unspecified / PRESENT / UNKNOWN / ABSENT)
  • Upcoming events (=default) and past events
  • Setting up ranks (custom name, icon from a list, and keep specific titles)
  • Remove major-icon-for-admins
  • Uncapped, exact unit size counter
  • Change default 'ORDER ON' query to 'UNIT SIZE ▼'
  • Like 3

On 6-2-2017 at 7:55 PM, Chtistian20482 said:

It would be cool to have event ribbons to show what players in the unit have been in the event or campaign 

Don't think this will or should be realized.

In the average - active - Arma 3 Unit, events are done multiple times a week. Giving a player a ribbon per joined event would make its profile longer that the memberlist of 'Hostile Takeover'.

• Like 2

I'm writing a comment to this subject because i wanted to find out the time line for the unit pages full release. Its is very difficult when a unit is open and i can't communicate with the 72 members in the unit besides the few I've put on discord. When will the events and announcement sections be release? Thank you and please comment or email me please.

Sincerely,

DrunkenIrishFighter 

6 hours ago, DrunkenIrishFighter said:

I'm writing a comment to this subject because i wanted to find out the time line for the unit pages full release. Its is very difficult when a unit is open and i can't communicate with the 72 members in the unit besides the few I've put on discord. When will the events and announcement sections be release? Thank you and please comment or email me please.

Sincerely,

DrunkenIrishFighter 

Hello,

There is not currently a set date for the transition out of Beta, however when it does occur it will be announced before hand.

• Like 1

I can't wait for events. It will help a lot. What is the main thing holding back the transition?

Edited by Chtistian20482

Steam group is old enough to be gone. time to use BI's own feature to announce event in ARMA.

Hope the team work on it similar to Miller said so we all can be happy. :)

Hey There :)

I have some trubble doing with Bohemia and Steam concerning Units, and maby someone can help me.?

1. There are issues when i try to connect Arma Launcher/ Steam with  the Bohemia/ Arma3 Units page.

i do hit the connect button on the page and logs in... but afer that nothing happens.

2. does annyone know if there is a problem with the launcher it self ?

Best reguards. Opstad, Staff sergeant, Norwegian Task Force, Nco sniperteam Sierra.

I have some trubble doing with Bohemia and Steam concerning Units, and maby someone can help me.?

1. There are issues when i try to connect Arma Launcher/ Steam with  the Bohemia/ Arma3 Units page.

i do hit the connect button on the page and logs in... but afer that nothing happens.

Best reguards. Opstad, Staff sergeant, Norwegian Task Force, Nco sniperteam Sierra.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:38 PM, Opstad said:

Hello Opstad,

I will send you a PM to help troubleshoot your issues.

Best regards,
BohemiaBeck

Hello I am having trouble with my UNIT's page.

Some units' pages have a CONTACT UNIT button next to REPORT UNIT and, when logged in, BLOCK UNIT button. I would like to have the CONTACT UNIT available for viewers of my UNIT's page, but can not find a way to enable this, or even find any information about it online.

Please advise, and thank you for the amazing game and wonderful UNITS addition!

On 2/22/2017 at 9:12 PM, 57L29A said:

Hello I am having trouble with my UNIT's page.

Some units' pages have a CONTACT UNIT button next to REPORT UNIT and, when logged in, BLOCK UNIT button. I would like to have the CONTACT UNIT available for viewers of my UNIT's page, but can not find a way to enable this, or even find any information about it online.

Please advise, and thank you for the amazing game and wonderful UNITS addition!

Hello,
You will need to be sure to set your Unit Recruitment Status to something other than closed.
Edit your Unit profile > go to the Operations tab > Unit Recruitment Status

Hi, thanks for reply. I have already had it set on 'private' with special instructions, but i changed it to 'open' then 'closed' then 'open' and finally 'private', checking between each change for the button to pop up. The 'Join' button on the top left changed according to the recruitment status setting, but the contact unit button at the lower right never showed up.

I would like to suggest a feature for future implementation into the Units system. Our page administrator has expressed a desire for the ability to edit the names of each of the seven 'ranks' that members can be slotted into. (i.e. Unit Leaders, Executive Officers, Enlisted, e.t.c) The default Units page ranks are functional, but do not quite fit our unit's format. The ability to replace those rank titles with custom ranks of our own would be extremely useful for both display and organisational purposes.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 10:51 PM, 57L29A said:

Hi, thanks for reply. I have already had it set on 'private' with special instructions, but i changed it to 'open' then 'closed' then 'open' and finally 'private', checking between each change for the button to pop up. The 'Join' button on the top left changed according to the recruitment status setting, but the contact unit button at the lower right never showed up.

Hello, sorry I replied too quickly and only covered how to get the the "join" feature. For the contact unit feature, edit your Unit and on the Basic Info tab, just below the Unit Bio, make sure to have an email address in the  "Contact E-mail address" field. The email address you provide is used for the "contact unit" feature.

When your unit is suspended, the "Submit for Approval" form doesn't ever actually submit. It will open, but when you click on submit the icon spins and refreshes the form popup, but doesn't actually show signs of submitting.

Also, if left alone for about a minute, will change and have a random white box on the bottom.

http://puu.sh/uq3I9/ba014365a7.png

Related, I can't submit my unit for reapproval :(

Edited by Rooftops

Can't get pass the Basic Info as the continue button is grayed out. Anyone having this problem or know how to get around it

On 3/2/2017 at 2:11 AM, Rooftops said:

When your unit is suspended, the "Submit for Approval" form doesn't ever actually submit. It will open, but when you click on submit the icon spins and refreshes the form popup, but doesn't actually show signs of submitting.

Also, if left alone for about a minute, will change and have a random white box on the bottom.

http://puu.sh/uq3I9/ba014365a7.png

Related, I can't submit my unit for reapproval :(

The white box in your image is where the captcha is located, so it seems the captcha is not working for you(your browser). Send you a direct message to discuss.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:50 AM, MrCoward said:

Can't get pass the Basic Info as the continue button is grayed out. Anyone having this problem or know how to get around it

Make sure you have the all of the requirements met, like number of characters, etc. Sending you a direct message to discuss.

A quick message here just saying that it is pretty annoying trying to hang with these resolution and size limits on images. It pushes "Units" to yet another spot where we write "just join teamspeak" ... because we can't really share what we are about here.

I'm gonna make a nice little info packet in Sway for my unit, and link it in the bio.... wait.....

Why am I making an Arma 3 Units page again?

... i guess for some official formality? .... I honestly don't know. If I am so limited to what I can post and write, why would I need this, other than to point at and be like "yeah.... no one else has this title on arma 3 units ... heh".... Time to move out of "Beta" hook a box to this thing, let us have some human resolutions, some links, 6000 characters... NOT sitting in gimp trying to resize and lower jpg quality just to jet a picture up.

**Edit: I've decided, I won't mention my unit's arma 3 page. I will see how long I can go without needing it, and if I do - I will edit and share when and how it was that I ever needed this "Beta" arma 3 units thing.

Edited by KC Boom

any closer to implementing a system to use a url to track the server for people with non static ip ?

Allow for more than 20 mods to be listed for a unit. We use around 27 and this restriction is pretty annoying. Also if you add more than 20 mods, the error message given back is straight json of all the mods you listed. It should be an error like "To many mods entered". Also if there was a way to link it directly to steam workshop so that you can bulk download mods, that would be awesome!