Marduk1813

Escape from Tarkov

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now. They are really going insane with all the animations.  Various reloading animations are bonkers especially. I dunno about this whole MMO thing but I hope they don't waste all the effort on eye candy and come up with a game to remember and not another pointless grind fest or similar.

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now. They are really going insane with all the animations.  Various reloading animations are bonkers especially. I dunno about this whole MMO thing but I hope they don't waste all the effort on eye candy and come up with a game to remember and not another pointless grind fest or similar.

Nowadays, I expect "games to remember" rather from smaller studios, not the AAA ones!?

Must say , I'm quite looking forward to this game.

Dear Richie,

We have conducted an ultimate analysis of the much-anticipated alpha testing launch of Escape from Tarkov and are now ready to disclose its date.

The most important point of the early testing is the solid base that will be added to the game in the coming days and will make it to the Alpha - and, ultimately, serve as a steady foundation to Escape from Tarkov.

Opening access to whatever we have now, "as is", in our opinion, does not serve any purpose. Alpha testing should not only polish the project and add content, but thoroughly balance and flesh out the details of game mechanics.

This is why we have formed a perfectly clear vision of what alpha testing should include - the version of the game where we could solve all of these tasks together!

We hereby announce the start of Escape from Tarkov alpha testing for August 4.

Thank you for your continued support!

In the time remaining to the launch of the tests we are going to reveal several new game features in form of videos or streams, so stay tuned!

Must say , I'm quite looking forward to this game.

very much so . looks like a good thing. hope it actually turns out to be close to as good as it looks.

I don´t know, games like this always look nice on paper, however once they go live they basically devolve into a mindless PvP shooter where everybody is shooting on sight. I would prefer a SP game like stalker with a good open world and campaign.

• Like 3

Agree with Tonci87's sentiment generally but man the attention to detail here just looks superb

The level of detail and weapon modification is stunning!

I so wish they would make a proper Single player RPG with this.....

Let´s face it, the game will be most popular in Russia, and I´m sorry to say this, but in some MP games Russians are the very worst kinds of players....

I also have fears that cheating might become a problem in this game....

In all seriousness though, DayZ is forever finished after this game is released.....

And I really like that they have the confidence to show off a few bloopers at the end of the video :)

• Like 2

Game looks stunning and the majority of online newbs are mostly spamming and PvP play.

No teamwork or coop at all,  even in ARMA on COOP specific missions. 

But I would not make blanket statements about any nationality. I had some of my best times playing with Russian coop players. Just pick smaller servers to play with. Anytime a large group gets together, its just like football... hooligans and all! :P

• Like 1

they have their goals backwards, only fools get excited by tacticool parts they can add to their rifle... what difference does it make if you have a stock made from magpul or from the factory? its only unnecessary aesthetics, i rather have more weapons and practical variants of said weapons instead of some fancy special forces barbie rifle with rails pointing in every angle with nothing on them...  arma has it right. scopes, bipods, and muzzle attachments, now only if they add magazines, and a stock which can be folded on your back...

I have no intention of playing escape of tarkov. reasons why? you know me and everyone else is going to be ambushing other players, especially if i get my hands on a vss and with my arma skills... but no really this is just another survival shooter where its gameplay will be deja vu with in a few days of playing. 

• Like 1

Awesome! i only discovered this game last night, it looks to be very polished and very Russian which is great, i love these post apocalyptic Russian themed games... im not much of an MP gamer but this looks to be a must buy for me... from their FAQ im guessing even though there is no SP campaign there are AI NPCs in the game.. areas to clear?

We do not intend to make an offline single-player campaign, though anyone is free to try and clear the game alone, without help from partners in co-op.

18 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Awesome! i only discovered this game last night, it looks to be very polished and very Russian which is great, i love these post apocalyptic Russian themed games... im not much of an MP gamer but this looks to be a must buy for me... from their FAQ im guessing even though there is no SP campaign there are AI NPCs in the game.. areas to clear?

tbh, although i do follow the development of this, i still have no idea how the overall gameplay will be like...for now it seems that there are small areas that you need to survive and actually escape from...

it also seems that its main objective turned into a scavage hunt

yep, as expected, the current Alpha stage is alpha in terms of performance (fps dips, freezez etc), and the gameplay is meah to say the least...the main point being to run around and grab gear and loot some boxes and dead bodies...that with a knife at best, and against weird AIs and also buffed up players. combine that with the "alpha" stage and your have a recipe for frustration...

not sure what is suppose to be the end-game with this one, but the PVE part doesn't allow you to extract gear, and the PVP+PVE "raids" are as fun as cutting your own leg, one toe at a time...

3 hours ago, PuFu said:

yep, as expected, the current Alpha stage is alpha in terms of performance (fps dips, freezez etc), and the gameplay is meah to say the least...the main point being to run around and grab gear and loot some boxes and dead bodies...that with a knife at best, and against weird AIs and also buffed up players. combine that with the "alpha" stage and your have a recipe for frustration...

not sure what is suppose to be the end-game with this one, but the PVE part doesn't allow you to extract gear, and the PVP+PVE "raids" are as fun as cutting your own leg, one toe at a time...

Sounds like what I suspected it will be. I´m really sad that they didn´t develop a proper campaign. The backstory sounds interesting enough :(

A new Stalker like game would be amazing....

4 hours ago, PuFu said:

yep, as expected, the current Alpha stage is alpha in terms of performance (fps dips, freezez etc), and the gameplay is meah to say the least...

Agreed.

4 hours ago, PuFu said:

From what I'm led to believe after all raids have been complete it will unlock a free-roam mode that opens up the whole map, which is around 15kmx15km at the moment. Free-roam mode will support up to 64 players per server.

Future DLC's will include an expanded Tarkov City and surrounding region, quests and "background moments"....what ever the fuck they are!

At the moment the game runs like dog-shit, worse than Arma on a bad day!

Closed beta it's on the way. I will finally to be able to try it out :)

Shame to hear it's maybe not on the right track. I've watched a ton of videos but got bored of seeing the same railway area with bridge, it's a shame cos it sure looked nice, still I'll wait and see how it plays out.