laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

@Laxemann, It sounds like weapons don't have " interior echo" in buildings anymore, they sound like outside, has anyone noticed this? I only use DynaSound as sound mod.

By the way, the explosion sounds are great, especially from the distance. ;)

• Like 2

An interesting thing-Dynasound changes the audio of Massi's weapons to the same as Vanilla MX or RHS M4A1 sounds. Was that intentional?

I believe Massi's weapons inherit sounds from vanilla.

That's the only possible explanation :)

this is so great. it adds such depth. you got a real talent to make gun sounds sound powerful but not annoying. i also had some awesome moments listening to the impact sounds last night. almost died because i tried to listen to them :D. keep it up! this one is a keeper

• Like 1

That's the only possible explanation :)

Fair enough. I was pretty amazed when an NLAW rocket shot past my face and I heard you have added a whistle trail behind it! So cool! Is this modular at all? Like,can i remove say...one type of assault rifle and leave others in? And one other weird request-the NATO LMG- Mk 200, I love it's new suppressed sound.Is there a way for me to add that sound to an M4? I know thats weird,just wondering ;)

Fair enough. I was pretty amazed when an NLAW rocket shot past my face and I heard you have added a whistle trail behind it! So cool! Is this modular at all? Like,can i remove say...one type of assault rifle and leave others in? And one other weird request-the NATO LMG- Mk 200, I love it's new suppressed sound.Is there a way for me to add that sound to an M4? I know thats weird,just wondering ;)

you can jsut make a replacement config for that.

you can jsut make a replacement config for that.

Do you mean just make a copy of the one I want and replace the other weapons config with it? this is totally new to me..

laxemann, could you explain a bit more in detail how your audiodesign differs from the vanilla game? Am i correct in assuming that the vanilla sound uses the exact same sound file  for every explosion/weapon type and only adjusts loudness according to distance?

I ve read that "Enhanced Soundscape" can run together as *complementary addon...

..but i probably missed the part that says about "Bulletcracks addon".

Is this has been mixed into *main mod..or i should run it as another-standalone mod?

@Laxemann, It sounds like weapons don't have " interior echo" in buildings anymore, they sound like outside, has anyone noticed this? I only use DynaSound as sound mod.

I think the echoing is in Enhanced Soundscape, try running that alongside Dynasound.

Outstanding Lax, I gave it a try and have to say it's the most professionally made sound mod I've ever used in Arma 3 or any other FPS.

Looking forward to the framework release, hopefully very soon.  :) 

I think the echoing is in Enhanced Soundscape, try running that alongside Dynasound.

Negative. Tried with and without L_ES and it's pretty much the same. Firing indoors is temporarily missing that "Ok you're firing inside an enclosed building" trait atm.

I can confirm the same sound inside or outside buildings...

BUT also I have another "bug" If there are explosions or fire around you and you mount in a car, truck or whatever behicle you won't be able to hear that sounds. Even if you mount in a quad, that is open cockpit.... you don't hear anything of the explosions or guns. I would think that in none behicle you hear them... 

Can someone confirm that?

By the way.. the mod is great!!

Laxemann, you can be proud of this. I really apreciate your work, i can say its better than JSRS in most cases, as it work better with RHS. JSRS stated all over, he is doing work only for vanila equipment. Through all, i thing both of you done grat job, specially while bohemia change sound engine, your mods sound excellent, i really love distance sound of your mod - its 100 better than in JSRS for example, when sound of explosion with RHS cuts off on 1,5 KM. Finally Bohemia made stereo engine, and making sound mods will not require so much scripts (distant sounds still will require some of them). But when i launched first battle woth YOUR mod i lost my jaw.... Still hearing BM-21 Grad missles..... Only thing i didnt noticed was rocket fly by sounds on RPG-7 and tow, but there was so intensive firefight.... and i wasnt 100% sobre :)

Excelent job man, keep up BEST sound work!

• Like 1

Noticed this too, sound is same and doesnt matter if you are outside or inside.

Anyway, i cant get enought of this mod, playing PvP on my fav servers with 64ppl and its OUTSTANDING. BIS should pay you and implement this mod into Arma 3 as standard audio, really. 

Those vanilla DMR sounds which you didnt covered sounds awful comparing to another weapons  :lol:

Aight, I checked on the interior sounds. They work, but might be a bit quiet and aren't audible over a great distance.

Check this: Use a pistol, e.g. the p07, and go in third person. Then shoot inside a building, should be very noticable :)

What about "Bulletcracks standalone"?  Should i still run it as external mod or has being "mixed in"?

And not hearing the sounds inside cars or vehicles?

I'm looking at it as I'm typing this :D

Aight, I checked on the interior sounds. They work, but might be a bit quiet and aren't audible over a great distance.

Check this: Use a pistol, e.g. the p07, and go in third person. Then shoot inside a building, should be very noticable :)

Well, I checked as you say, but it works only in third person, in first person I hear only the "outdoor echo" as loud as the gunshot; and even if the interior sound would hear more slowly (this would not be a problem) but the problem is that in the first person is heard as if I were outdoors, it does not seem right. (I don`t like to play in the third person at all) :P

I love this sound mod, is awesome; but if you could solve this problem, it would be perfect, thanks :)

Alright, regarding not being able to hear shots when being inside vehicles:

You CAN hear them, but they are veeeeeeeey quiet. Unfortunately seems to be connected to a bug (?) with the say3d command.

Feedbacktracker entry

• Like 2

Just tested some combined arms in the editor and loving it! One thing I quickly noticed that AH-99 is pretty quiet compared to Kajman. Intended?

Just tested some combined arms in the editor and loving it! One thing I quickly noticed that AH-99 is pretty quiet compared to Kajman. Intended?

I didn't change any vehicle sounds.

Alright, regarding not being able to hear shots when being inside vehicles:

You CAN hear them, but they are veeeeeeeey quiet. Unfortunately seems to be connected to a bug (?) with the say3d command.

Feedbacktracker entry

I'm also noticing the same thing when firing in third person (on foot). The gunshots of the players weapon are very quiet. Thanks for the ticket.