laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Dynasound_1.png
LAxemann proudly presents...
DynaSound (DS)
a new soundmod for ArmA 3 (Released)

+ public soundmod framework (Coming very soon)

What is DynaSound?
I'm a semi-professional audio designer and DynaSound is my SoundMod for ArmA 3. It currently changes the sound of all its weapons as well as helicopters and enhances it's sound features with things many other modern games have been doing for a while, e.g. different sounds for different distances, distant explosion sounds, debris sounds inside buildings etc. DynaSound is somewhat special since it emphasizes the so called "Dynamic Range" in audio. Simple put, the Dynamic Range is the difference between the loud and the quiet parts of a sound or a whole mix. PLEASE watch this video if you intend to use DynaSound since it will show you why the Dynamic Range has such an impact on the overall audio feel.

Overview

• Multiplayer compatibility
  • Client-side
  • All weapons have new sounds (Except for the DLC DMRs)
  • All weapons have separate sounds for different distances
  • All helicopters have new sounds
  • Almost all sounds were professionally produced using high-quality libraries and actual audio-knowledge
  • Distant explosions sounds
  • Rocket exhaust sounds that originate from the actual rocket

Things you should know when using the mod
As said before, DynaSound makes use of a higher dynamic range than pretty much any other sound mod I'm aware of. This means that you will have to turn your volume up quite a bit in order for it to sound good, since the actual excharge sounds of the weapons are fairly loud, but the rest, like the environmental tail, isn't. Crispy firefights.

Media

More on my channel.

Known issues
  • ...none?!

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD (1.11)

news_download_a3_3.png
DynaSound v1.11

Changelog

•Added: Merlin/Mohawk sounds
•Added: Lynx/Hellcat sounds
•Added: New Negev/Zafir sounds
•Fixed: UBC Issues
•Fixed: Missing indoor sounds for the titan launcher
•Changed: GVars are now created in the pre- and not postInit

• Changed: DS_m_SonicCracks now is DS_m_Bullets (remove DS_m_SonicCracks!)
• Changed: Adaption of the CBA Macro and XEH system
• Changed: More scripts now run unscheduled
• Changed: New Katiba sounds
• Added: MAR-10
• Added: Cyrus
• Added: MK14
• Added: EMR
• Added: New explosion sounds for ground vehicles
• Added: New subsonic bullet flyby sounds
• Fixed: Flyby script now takes player speed into consideration
• Fixed: Flyby script won't show an error if the aircraft has no flyby sound defined
• Tweaked: Inroom sounds should be more audible
• Tweaked: Some inconsistencies in the volume of silenced weapons

• Added: Custom sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Helicopter Flyby sound system
• Added: Distance sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Environmental sound feedback from explosions
• Added: New supersonic crack sounds for different surroundings
• Fixed:   Some vehicle weapons were barely audible in first person
• Tweaked: "Small impact"-soundset (30mm cannon, AA, etc)

1.0 - Initital Release

Sidenote and thanks
DynaSound took me almost two years to complete, cost me around 800$ and was the project I had the most fun working on. I'd like to thank everyone who supported me and cheered me up during these two years, with special thanks to my buddy MegaGoth (I totally misspelled your name here). We also totally met up in Berlin to have one hell of a night partying. Many thanks to BI for this great game/platform, too, aswell as to the testers - love you all! <3

If you've been playing with the mod for a bit and really like it, feel free to give back some love. Some people even asked me how they can support me financially, and well, I'm a university student so I can't say nope to that, either, everything helps. :)
Thank you!

wIMGP0z.png

Enjoy! :)

• Like 34

holy moly! I have been waiting for this. Downloading now!

Edit: I am totally impressed. I liked the videos a lot but wow, testing it myself was way much better. 10/10

• Like 1

Congrats on the release laxemann!

HYPE

Thanks for spending your time and money.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the release Laxemann, you did one awesome job! Great mastering and quality throughout. My friends who's also been running your mod thinks the same!

Followed progress since Day 1......thanks for the time and effort putting this together.  :headphones2:

From the little I tested this mod sounds wonderful! Thanks Laxmann!

It seems like you can't hear your own cannon or missiles firing when in the Tigris in first person. Third person sounds fine.

Nice!   BTW does this have any impact or tested on RC release with latest sound eff changes?

Good work but we are still far away from Squad game sounds!! I will test some more and I will give some feedback  :)

Joined this forum to say well done on the release! It's absolutely awesome. The best sound mod by far in my opinion. Good work Laxemann.

Quick one though, anybody else not hearing AAF weapons firing? Haven't had the time to test it fully or find out if it's a mod interference, just wondering if it's something anyone else has seen.

Does this include the sonic crack standalone you released a while back, or do I still need that installed?

Thanks @Laxemann, good work, I like how it sounds. Best sound mod for me. :)

Glad you like it, guys! :)

Awesome news Laxemann, I can't believe you have managed so much content in 150mb.

Two questions however:

1. What happens with your Enhanced soundscape? Is is included in this mod, I know I can get rid of the sonic cracks mod. But I'm not sure about LES and if it is apart of Dynasound or if the two mods are still separate.

2. Do you know how it works for players not using using Dynasound? If you remember the days of JSRS - all players had to use the mod otherwise you couldn't hear players without the mod firing their weapon. If I make this an optional mod in our mod list do you know at this stage if there will be any sound issues from players not running Dynasound?

1. You can totally use ES along with DynaSound, I actually intendet them to be used together, but ES simply eats too much performance to "force" it on everyone. :)

2. AFAIK and from what testers told me, DynaSound is 100% 100% clientside :P

this sounds amazing, congrats. how is the performance hit on mp? also is this what RHS is going to sound like in the future since you are working on it now? and or is this compatible with RHS? dragonfyre lite isnt, which is unfortunate as i use RHS.

this sounds amazing, congrats. how is the performance hit on mp? also is this what RHS is going to sound like in the future since you are working on it now? and or is this compatible with RHS? dragonfyre lite isnt, which is unfortunate as i use RHS.

I've been working on RHS ever since, so the sounds you hear were created by me. :)

Also, nice, you created so much traffic my dropbox is currently shut down haha, Foxhound already uploaded it to Armaholic, though - thanks, dude!