raptoer

Pooter's enhanced ASR AI

ineptaphid,

Yep, that's it.

If you have the latest version, you don't have anything else to do.

If you still have an older version, maybe you must add -filepatching to the shortcut for being able to use the values in the userconfig.

Latest version-of arma or asr? I have 1.54-but I did not see an update for asr since the last time I downloaded it.I'll re-download it today to make sure.

For the latest version, both of them.

If you don't disabled auto-updates for ArmA III on Steam, there is no problem.

I speak about an older version of ASR that required -filepatching for userconfig settings used.

In the newest version of ASR, there's no need of -filepatching.

So, if you have the latest versions of both of ArmA III and ASR, all is good.

• Like 1

@raptoer - just wondering, if the original ASR gets abandoned will you look into the base functions of the mod if it needs updating?

@HammerShield

Your script goes on smoothly so far, thanks. Maybe you'll pack in pbo.  (For myself I did already)  ;)

vafana, I don't release the script anymore.

This community is just going bad days after days.

I don't see the utility of making things for members that don't take the time to give a feedback.

Hope this script can be usefull for you, but please, don't share it anywhere and with anybody.

Thanks.

And sorry for the off topic.

Like the topic I created reached already 150 views and never get any feedback for my script concerning the AI Behaviour, I don't release it anymore.

This community is really getting bad days after days..

HS: I think you need to be a bit more patience. You made the topic just a few days ago and ppl are busy with RL and such, so it will take a while until ppl get around testing what you done and be able to give you any feedback.

Just because you didn't get any replies within a few days doesn't mean ppl are not interested.

/KC

• Like 3

I think KeyCat has said words of great wisdom..

There is little to add..

I deeply appreciate your mod and your efforts to keep it alive.

I wanted to download the latest update, but the link  has been eliminated.

Very sad

Like the topic I created reached already 150 views and never get any feedback for my script concerning the AI Behaviour, I don't release it anymore.

To busy checking if my Oculus Rift order has gone through !  Don't get disheartened.  Things DO get tested but RL gets in the way to respond.

Slt,

Thx, the best AI mod we use, works great on dedicate linux, good job :)

@raptoer - just wondering, if the original ASR gets abandoned will you look into the base functions of the mod if it needs updating?

I probably would, but I doubt that Robalo will abandon ASR and BIS will do anything drastic enough to require updating ASR_AI. 

Anyone else having problems with  AI not able to hit me in front of it, 15 or 20 meters away?

Anyone else having problems with  AI not able to hit me in front of it, 15 or 20 meters away?

Yeah, someone else had that issue before, ineptaphid I think. If you change the

asr_ai3_main_setskills  = 1;

parameter to

asr_ai3_main_setskills = 0;

in asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf then I think that solves any potential issues.

You may need to enable -filepatching in the game parameters to get the userconfig read. At least raptoer's last changelog seems to indicate that, but HammerShield is adamant you don't, so worth experimenting with this! 

Yeah, someone else had that issue before, ineptaphid I think. If you change the

asr_ai3_main_setskills  = 1;

parameter to

asr_ai3_main_setskills = 0;

in asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf then I think that solves any potential issues.

You may need to enable -filepatching in the game parameters to get the userconfig read. At least raptoer's last changelog seems to indicate that, but HammerShield is adamant you don't, so worth experimenting with this! 

Yeah it was me that had that issue-changing the set skills to 0 helped somewhat...but I still feel I cant use ASR.When I shoot at an enemy,they can hit me now,but when they hear the shot they run(slowly) to cover,then run to different cover,fire one shot,move to cover...I just find it too easy to hit them in CQC areas  when they keep moving to coverInstead of firing back or suppressing.The seem to never use automatic or burst fire now..

Whereas with vanilla if you shoot at them in an urban CQC area,they will unload at you on automatic and act more aggressively.

Dont get me wrong-I love ASR,it just does not seem to be working right for me now.

I have this problem too-and I imagine it is another mod doing it.I thought it was ACE but I dont use that anymore. Maybe you could PM me your mod list and I will go through it to see what we use in common? Do you use TPW? Or MCC?

EDIT

...can someone show me where in the changelog's that this no longer requires the startup parameter "-filePatching"? Please shed some lite of the subject. i cannot find the answer...

Edited by BohemiaBeck
Edited by BohemiaBeck for thread clean up.

EDIT

... can someone show me where in the changelog's that this no longer requires the startup parameter "-filePatching"? Please shed some lite of the subject. i cannot find the answer...

Ok-I have been testing.It's easy to check if filepatching is needed.If it is needed and is off-it wont read config changes you make-it will use default.So I turned off the copy my stance thing and ran with filepatching on and off.It makes no difference-filepatching is not needed. 

Strangely when I ran with filepatching I was getting the debug commands hovering over the enemy ai-but only one ai.I had killed a squad except for one guy,then "attacking" appeared over his head,followed by "not ducking".

So from what I can see-filepatching is not needed.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
Edited by BohemiaBeck for thread clean up.
  • Like 2

So if I want ai to have the hearing range of vanilla do I set gunshot hearing range to off? As it is now I find with a mission with say 3 objectives if you attack the first one you get ai charging in from the other 2 if the are within a kilometre or so. Whereas usually you would atack one,then move onto the next.

I have this problem too-and I imagine it is another mod doing it.I thought it was ACE but I dont use that anymore. Maybe you could PM me your mod list and I will go through it to see what we use in common? Do you use TPW? Or MCC?

Hi there

i'm currently using TPW  and ASR.

No other AI mods.

In  userconfig (Tpw los variables), i set "tpwcas_los_enable = 0" for TPW (tried 1, without success), while in ASR,  "asr_ai3_main_setskills"   is disabled.

That's all

Today,having more free time, i have extensively tested your mod.

Imho, is the best AI mod around here...

Watching AI searching cover is amazing ..

More testing is needed about settings in userconfig.

Keep up the good work!

Please do not give up!

Greetings

Fideco, I also use tpwcas on my server, i would like to point out...  If your are NOT using -filePatching. tpwcas will NOT work....

tpwcas Requires -filepatching to be enabled. 

I use the original version of asrai and tpwcas on my dedicated server. have been for the last year plusss... I have flawless results Ai move to cover they flank, they do everything that you all are mentioning here... good luck with tpwcas if you need help post up in the twpcas thread mabye others can help i dont have that issue with LOS. i have it enabled. and yea i know it works.... I know because i helped port it over to arma 3(tpwcas). 

to enable file patching you have to add "-filePatching" to the start up parameters. and you also have to add "allowedFilePatching = 1;" into your server.cfg 

So if I want ai to have the hearing range of vanilla do I set gunshot hearing range to off? As it is now I find with a mission with say 3 objectives if you attack the first one you get ai charging in from the other 2 if the are within a kilometre or so. Whereas usually you would atack one,then move onto the next.

Yeah I'd try maybe having 0 in the userconfig but honestly I'm not sure! I use bcombat alongside Pooter's but that has similar behaviour on the search. You could also change it to 0.5 or something, as I understood the hearing setting to be a multiplier of the base vanilla value. Could well be wrong though!

Fideco, I also use tpwcas on my server, i would like to point out...  If your are NOT using -filePatching. tpwcas will NOT work....

I use the original version of asrai and tpwcas on my dedicated server. have been for the last year plusss... I have flawless results Ai move to cover they flank, they do everything that you all are mentioning here... good luck with tpwcas if you need help post up in the twpcas thread mabye others can help i dont have that issue with LOS. i have it enabled. and yea i know it works.... I know because i helped port it over to arma 3(tpwcas). 

to enable file patching you have to add "-filePatching" to the start up parameters. and you also have to add "allowedFilePatching = 1;" into your server.cfg 

I have just checked my start up parameters and "-filePatching" is already in.

Therefore  tpwcas is working (confirmed by debug Hints)

A question...

Did you enable Los in userconfig ?

(tpwcas_los_enable=1)

Greetings

lordprimate, what's the advantage of using TPWCAS over, say, bCombat if you don't mind me asking? I'm using bCombat at the moment alongside Pooter's but always on the lookout for other things to make AI more realistic!

Also, Raptoer, is there any way to get AI to take a knee when they aren't moving in aware mode? It's an SOP for most militaries that I know of to take a knee and observe arcs when halted during a patrol, would be cool to have this in game without having to order it all the time! 

lordprimate, what's the advantage of using TPWCAS over, say, bCombat if you don't mind me asking? I'm using bCombat at the moment alongside Pooter's but always on the lookout for other things to make AI more realistic!

Also, Raptoer, is there any way to get AI to take a knee when they aren't moving in aware mode? It's an SOP for most militaries that I know of to take a knee and observe arcs when halted during a patrol, would be cool to have this in game without having to order it all the time! 

It's not difficult, but I only really touched the behavior that is invoked when the AI detects danger. I mostly stayed out of unit positions as I discovered it's somewhat of a mystery as to why AI chose the unit positions that they do. 

• Like 1

It's not difficult, but I only really touched the behavior that is invoked when the AI detects danger. I mostly stayed out of unit positions as I discovered it's somewhat of a mystery as to why AI chose the unit positions that they do. 

Understood, thanks for the response! 

I was under the impression bCombat no longer functioned?I stopped using it some time ago. With regard to the ai not being able to hit me i have fixed that problem,but I find they still spend so much time running around looking for cover,then changes the cover spot etc..that it is far to easy to jst kill them all while they keep moving around. If they laid covering fire or something while they moved ok,but at the moment it is just too easy using asr.