2355 posts in this topic

AUF98uz.png

VSM - Gear Pack

Hey there everyone!I started this mod out of a desire to have the "Project Honor" camo pattern from MOHW in ARMA. I own some of the gear in real life and love it, so I set out to put it in game! The project turned out to be much larger than that in the end though, so I changed the mods focus from one camo, to the many-factions represented in the MOHW. I later partnered up with Specter, from the reknowned "Specter Armaments" and we began working together. Now this mod encompasses both of our previous mods, plus all new gear unique to this new pack.

With that being said this mod contains the following units: ABU, AOR-1, AOR-2, AOR-U, CADPAT, Dual-Tex, M81, M90, M90d, Marpat, Multicam, Multicam Black, OGA, Project Honor, Scorpion, SURPAT and Tiger. All camo patterns come in the IND uniform, NATO uniform, Officer uniform, with variations of solid color pants/tops. Also includes custom MX rifles in all variants as well as Project Honor and Scorpion versions of the MK20. Also contains the completely new LBT/LBX london Chestrig and Plate carrier modeled by Specter, and variants textured by both him and myself, as well as the bomb disposal gear included in Specter's mod. This mod is constantly growing so I will update this as time allows.

Mod is signed to work with MP. ( Keys are in the addon folder to streamline for steam workshop )

VSM - Gear Pack v1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vitozxummykjf46/%40VSM_Gear_Pack_v1.7z?dl=0

VSM - MX/BLUFOR Replacement Pack v1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2ff4pnb7mivw56/%40VSM_Scorpion_MX_Replacement_v1.7z?dl=0

bKEgUdB.png

VSM - WARFIGHTERS

Hey there everyone! This is a little project I was working on specifically for mission making in mind that I thought the community would enjoy. Huge thanks to Cunico and Sabre for lending me their blessings to use their awesome new units/gear. Without those guys NONE of us would enjoy ARMA as much as we do. 

The idea with this mod, as you'll see, was to have more character based units, like you see in the main campaign. Kerry, Campbell, Miller etc etc. I have included 5 units specifically taylored for Altis/Stratis and the myriad of more arid style maps. If you guys enjoy this kind of pack, I'll make a cherno-style pack, and a tropical-style pack when the time comes. These units are named in the editor, while their gear in the arsenal will be listed under [VSM] as per my usual MO. They use the G3 uniforms, and a variety of vest combinations so nothing is obviously repeated from one character to another. As far as camo goes they are mixed up between Scorpion, Desert Tiger, Arid Project Honor, DCU, M81 and Night Desert. I have the units pre-loaded with all of the gear, but with stock MX rifles since people use such a myriad of rifle packs that I would have never been able to make everyone happy, andddd thats less dependencies for this pack. Speaking of, the only dependency is SPEC4GEAR ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26419). Anyhow, enough talk. I hope you all enjoy the pack. As always, if you have any suggestions/comments/bug reports just let me know! Love this community. 

-VanSchmoozin

----------------------------------

DOWNLOADS

VSM - WARFIGHTERS v1.01 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwmenl4exc4ktr8/%40VSM_WARFIGHTERS.7z?dl=0

Steam Workshop Download link : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696177964

Required Addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26419

-----------------------------------

bBynCtg.png

VSM - WARFIGHTERS (AOR)

Hey there! Here is the AOR version of my WARFIGHTERS pack. Also includes Carryall retextures, a first for any of my mods and will be dependent on my VSM - FaceMask addon as well, if you want them to show up correctly in EDEN. Again, huge thanks to Cunico and Sabre for their blessings to work on their killer uniforms.

------------------------------------------

download : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebvu2pyla8pm7yo/%40VSM_WARFIGHTERS_AOR.7z?dl=0

Requires Spec4Gear and VSM - FaceMask

-----------------------------------------

PZauRLJ.png

VSM - Weapons 

Hey guys! So I was working on a little weapon retexturing; I was going to wait until APEX came out so i could retexture the weapons in there as well, but I will just add those when the time comes in case anyone would like to use these until then. This pack requires the Marksman DLC as all of the weapons found in this pack are from that expansion. I will add my MX retextures and more variants as soon as I update the main VSM pack. It's not every weapon from the DLC, but the ones Im most fond of. I also tweaked the black levels of all of the weapons, as i felt they were a little washed out before. 

Hope you all enjoy.  :)

---------------------------------------------

Included

M14 black

M14 olive w/ black heatshield 

M14 Woodland

M14 AOR1 

M14 AOR 2

M14 Bowflage Tan

M14 Bowflage Green

M14 Traditional wood stock

Mk1 AOR1

Mk1 AOR2

Mk1 Bowflage Tan

Mk1 Bowflage Green

Mar10 AOR1

Mar10 AOR2

Mar10 Bowflage Tan

Mar10 Bowflage Green

Cyrus AOR1

Cyrus AOR2

Cyrus Bowflage Tan

Cyrus Bowflage Green

Navid AOR1

Navid AOR2

Navid Bowflage Tan

Navid Bowflage Green

SPMG AOR1

SPMG AOR2

SPMG Bowflage Tan

SPMG Bowflage Green

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8do7b4dssjeq69/%40VSM_Weapons.7z?dl=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------

cJpiPsx.jpg

VSM - Accessory Pack 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is my pack of misc mask/headgear. It includes My original Balaclavas, in olive, tan and black. All colors with plain, and skull variants. The Facemasks that Adacas designed for me, with my textures in olive/black/tan, and the same colors with the ghost recon inspired pattern. Zeealex's killer bowman/cap combo with my textures and some minor resizing to work with the Balaclava version. Includes black/olive/tan variants, with and without the balaclava. My shemaghs imported from A2 with many versions. With headset and glasses, with just glasses, with glasses and balaclava, shemagh and balaclava. Most in all three color variants. And a random retexture of the original ski mask to represent a COD inspired mask for one of my character packs. 

Updated Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DB-0DDmwVySGFCaTd2ei14OFk

--------------------------------------------------------------

cyzRWMY.png

VSM - Vests and Helmets

Hey guys! Release time! This is a vest and helmets pack(will replace the vests pbo in the current beta so be sure to delete it). It may cause some conflicts, like the nature of the beta, with the gear pack till its updated. This is also only the non-vanilla vests and helmets, the vanilla will stay with the core mod. This mod contains 3 versions of each vest, in each camo that is currently represented in the beta. As well as 2 variants of each helmet. This will follow form until the entire pack is updated. As i add a new camo to the beta, Ill add it into the vests and helmet pack. Also includes the beanie pictured often. Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoy!

------------------------------

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmwlr1466k6ho8h/%40VSM_VestsHelmets.7z?dl=0

------------------------------

Included

LBT 6094 - Breacher, Operator, Gunner

LBT Armatus - Breacher, Operator, Gunner

Flyye RAV - Breacher, Operator, Gunner

Flyye FAPC - Breacher, Operator, Gunner

Opscore - 2 variants

Mich 2000 - 2 variants

Beanie

-------------------------------

Credits

VanSchmoozin - Textures, creating the variants, configs.

Specter - LBT1961a assets

ArdvarkDB & Sabre - All SOTG assets, huge thank you to ArdvarkDB for his help throughout this.

RoadRunner - Vest and Helmet extras, as well as hilarious nights on Discord while we worked on our respective mods.

Mindas & Deathsruck - Beanie assets

CGartStudio - Misc pouch assets

------------------------------------------------

MuHDbmL.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmmlu2v04zk6ed2/%40VSM_Uniforms.7z?dl=0

Hey guys! So heres the first iteration of "VSM - Uniforms". This will be the continuation of what was version 2 beta. This pack contains the Crye gen 3 (nato reworks) and the Massif Combat Uniform (AAF reworks). Also contains custom Mechanix and Blackhawk gloves featured on their respective uniform. Boonie hats, Caps, and backpacks are also included. Designed to work in tandem with my other VSM releases. Vests/Helmets, Accessory, warfighters, weapons and GearPack v1(if used with GearPack be sure to open up the addons folder and delete the spectergear pbo as its redundant with the vests and helmets mod). Many of the camos featured in GearPack are represented here, but reworked to a higher standard. Not all camos will be coming to the uniforms pack, but many still will, as well as many that were not featured in GearPack. I will still be patching GearPack to be error free over the next few weeks, so no worries there.

As of now the pack includes the following patterns

Multicam

MulticamTropic

ProjectHonor

M81

OGA Tan

OGA OD

OGA Grey

AOR1

OCP (Only crye uniforms for now, will match the full loadouts in the next update)

Scorpion (Only crye uniforms for now, will match the full loadouts in the next update)

32 people like this

Congratulations on what I'm sure will be a very welcomed set of uniforms, give yourself a big Pat on the back on releasing them so quickly too.

Amazing! I've been looking for this kind of mod. I wonder if we can get a project honor LBT from Cunico, that would be nice. Downloading right now. And I'm sure Jester814 will be using this in a mission or 2. Congrats on the release! 

Also I see some Tryk gear in the pictures. I can't put my tongue on that one helmet though, with the 4 guys standing around the freight carriers. On the far right. I've seen it before.

Also, some Boonie hats would be cool :)

Also I see some Tryk gear in the pictures. I can't put my tongue on that one helmet though, with the 4 guys standing around the freight carriers. On the far right. I've seen it before.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey vanschmoozin , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Amazing! I've been looking for this kind of mod. I wonder if we can get a project honor LBT from Cunico, that would be nice. Downloading right now. And I'm sure Jester814 will be using this in a mission or 2. Congrats on the release! 

That looks like it's one of the opscore's from SOC mod, but that's NOT included in the download, you need to read a bit more clearly as the author states what's there, and what's not ;)

He may well have used various parts and faces from other mods to pose the pictures, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Hey there Vanschmoozin.....they may just be "simple retextures".....but their motherf*****g cool.  ;)

As for requests.....would love to see a Beanie or a Boonie in this pattern. 

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your future projects. 

1 person likes this

I have a weird question ? what RVMAT's are you using? as my uniforms in VA always seem to have a bit of a "shine" to them using the default settings

Good job ! :)

But ... i never see this camo in Medal Of Honor :s

It's in the last mission I believe. ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks foxhound! Can't say I didn't fangirl a little seeing my mod on the armaholic home page haha! :)

Ya! running the Tryk gear for some stuff, the CUP mod for some of the otheer neck shemags, and that helmet youre asking about is from the SOC mod. My favorite helmets in that style out right now. Although Hawaiian/DaveGarey is working on some killer ones that i think will be my new favorites here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers-wip/so pumped for these!  I already am working on some other headgear options and boonies are some of them! Trust me, I would LOVE to see Cunico's latests vests in project honor with these bad boys. I use his current releases alllll the time. I would make my own retextures of them, but I'm not sure if he's to a point where hes comfortable with people releasing their own versions yet. thanks for the kind words man :)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey vanschmoozin , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thanks for putting it on the withSix! you guys rule!

Hey there Vanschmoozin.....they may just be "simple retextures".....but their motherf*****g cool.  ;)

As for requests.....would love to see a Beanie or a Boonie in this pattern. 

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your future projects. 

Thanks man!! That means a bunch!! I have boonies in the works :) As far as beanies, maybe I'll make some to match also! would be cool :)

Many Multi thanks Really nice work !

Thanks Kendar!

I have a weird question ? what RVMAT's are you using? as my uniforms in VA always seem to have a bit of a "shine" to them using the default settings

I just use the ones from the default stuff as well, but instead of baking the rvmat and camo together like some people do, I make my rvmat layer transparent ( color to alpha using gimp ) and set it as my priority layer in photoshop. I could shoot you over my photoshop layers if youd like, and you could use them as templates of sorts. Thanks for all the compliments on here, and my work in progress thread road runner. You rock :) Hope you have fun with the units!

2 people like this

The ripstop pattern is too strong. It should be less visible, try setting the opacity to 15% or so (may not be the perfect value but I haven't tested it yet) and change the angle. It should look just like it does on your camo texture. Like this.

Try adding the BLUFOR uniform with tee (model = "\A3\characters_F\BLUFOR\b_soldier_02.p3d") and rolled-up sleeves (model = "\A3\characters_F\BLUFOR\b_soldier_03.p3d"), it's just a different model but the same texture.

And there are no weight/ load values for the uniforms. I can take a look at the config if you want (I'm no expert but I had my fair share of config writing for my own mod).

Maybe change the US flag on the shoulders to something more generic. Not everyone may want to play as an american.

I hope my critique is helpful.

The ripstop pattern is too strong. It should be less visible, try setting the opacity to 15% or so (may not be the perfect value but I haven't tested it yet) and change the angle. It should look just like it does on your camo texture. Like this.

Try adding the BLUFOR uniform with tee (model = "\A3\characters_F\BLUFOR\b_soldier_02.p3d") and rolled-up sleeves (model = "\A3\characters_F\BLUFOR\b_soldier_03.p3d"), it's just a different model but the same texture.

And there are no weight/ load values for the uniforms. I can take a look at the config if you want (I'm no expert but I had my fair share of config writing for my own mod).

Maybe change the US flag on the shoulders to something more generic. Not everyone may want to play as an american.

I hope my critique is helpful.

Absolutely, take a look! I've had a couple guys look it over already, but no one has a solution yet. solzenicyn from BI responded over on my help thread about it here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185818-vest-has-no-armor-in-game-config-help/#entry2934901and it looks like the armor values recently went through a change and I didnt use the most up to date info. Still trying to figure out how to apply his new code to my units, but I'll have to try when i have more time this coming week to fix it up. Appreciate your suggestions!

Would you consider a "without the us flag" version? or a flag as patch instead in a part of the uniform?

the uniforms look great!!

1 person likes this

Absolutely, take a look! I've had a couple guys look it over already, but no one has a solution yet. solzenicyn from BI responded over on my help thread about it here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185818-vest-has-no-armor-in-game-config-help/#entry2934901and it looks like the armor values recently went through a change and I didnt use the most up to date info. Still trying to figure out how to apply his new code to my units, but I'll have to try when i have more time this coming week to fix it up. Appreciate your suggestions!

Hmm, didn't know that, seems like I have to update my armor values as well. I'll look into it!

Would you consider a "without the us flag" version? or a flag as patch instead in a part of the uniform?

the uniforms look great!!

Ya absolutely! You're the second to ask for it so I'll make one and have it ready for the next patch. :) Thanks a ton!

2 people like this

The armour values on stock BIS gear is too high, the basic uniforms as a default have a value of 100 !! for cloth????? Getting hit with a 7.62mm short will put you on your back no matter which uber cool vest/plates combo you have/use, simply due to the kinetic energy of the round.

even Cunico's vests suffer from this, 10 rounds in the back in VA with .5.56mm at 10M didn't kill ..

I wear level 4 SAPI plates here in Iraq, they will stop 7.62mm short AP ....to a point, normally between 4-5 rounds.

It's BIS's armour values that are askew, not modders values, as they're inheriting BIS values. ;)

Is there anyway you could create a server key for this mod? I'd like to use it for my unit but i have restrictions on what modifications are allowed. Thanks

Is there anyway you could create a server key for this mod? I'd like to use it for my unit but i have restrictions on what modifications are allowed. Thanks

It's already signed, you're good to go :)

Hey guys! Just wanted to say thank you for your overwhelming support for my first release! So rad seeing screenshots and hearing people are enjoying them, plus all your suggestions have been great so far! Quick little update, I figured out why the armors weren't showing any values(was a weird redundancy i had in the code where it was seeing two different config.cpp versions.... super lame...  :rolleyes:  ) Once I have a chance to rework the values on monday I'll release an updated version. That update will also have some updated units in it as well! I figured out a more realistic stitching method, so ill implement that, as well as take off the US flags so they can be added through patches instead. :)

Heres a sneak peak of some goodies. Tac Vest and a "BDU" version. Its the IND officer uniform, which is actually my one of my favorites in the game. I'll have some mix-match versions of this as well.

zYH4So8.jpgPkbxqBj.jpg

3 people like this

Ah, good thing you already looked into it, I haven't found the time yet to do it.

Just a small advice: Seperate your configs for every item class (headgear, vests etc.), at least this helps me to keep a clear look at it.

Hey guys! here the update to version 1.1!

changelog:

Fixes

Seams changed on all units to reflect a more natural seam instead of a drawn in squiggly line

ripstop pattern on nato uniforms and vests fixed to be upright instead of a 45* angle

US flags removed from all gear

In game icons ( generic arma icons, still need Faction icon for editor)

Armor values for all vests and helmets fixed

Added

Tactical Vest

IND Officer uniform (Project Honor BDU) in three variants: Full camo, Camo top/green pants, Camo top/tan pants

Coming Soon

Boonies

Guerrilla Sweater uniform

assault pack/carry all pack/tactical pack

world domination??????????

UPDATED DROPBOX LINK

Project Honor v1.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82epy6tygcokw7s/%40ProjectHonor_v1.1.7z?dl=0

s23giia.jpgmLjkciT.jpgjZ7zkvn.jpg

3 people like this