Great update thanks, this is a very cool mod.... a question about the new uniforms and helmets for CSAT, are they currently just the uniforms and helmets and not units? Or any future plans like a replacement pack :)

3 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Great update thanks, this is a very cool mod.... a question about the new uniforms and helmets for CSAT, are they currently just the uniforms and helmets and not units? Or any future plans like a replacement pack :)

There already is. In the "CSAT" folder is an optional replacement config for the stock units in the game. :)

4 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Thanks for sending us the newest version :)

The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version:

news_download_a3_3.png

2035: Russian Armed Forces v4.0.1

Many thanks, as usual!

• Like 1

Kept an eye on this mod and waited until it got more hardware. Now I finally downloaded it and have to say it's a great pack. It's perfect as a future russian army faction and as a Tigr fanatic I'm very glad to see them in A3 battlefields.

Do you have any plans for wheeled apcs like BTR80/90 or the new Bumerang apc?

On 24. 9. 2017 at 0:55 PM, krycek said:

Do you have any plans for wheeled apcs like BTR80/90 or the new Bumerang apc?

Negative on the BTR80/90. However, the Bumerang is definitely planned at some point. :)

• Like 1

Oh

On 23. 9. 2017 at 1:50 PM, drebin052 said:

ther severe case of...turrets syndrome (I'll show myself out now :don11:). The driver's turn out position is low enough but the commander's body will clip through the turret.

TQjIbLa.png

Oh, also regarding that - we had this as a source, hence the 'Turn Out' position. (finding stuff about the Russian army and armament is actually somewhat difficult lol)

cRbHlqi.jpg

I think that in normal conditions, the commander would sit as low as the driver. This here is a parade, where he's deliberately standing up to be more visible. You wouldn't do that when driving around normally.

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I think that in normal conditions, the commander would sit as low as the driver. This here is a parade, where he's deliberately standing up to be more visible. You wouldn't do that when driving around normally.

right. here is the inside view from driver seat.

2rn78g8.jpg

6 hours ago, dragon01 said:

2 hours ago, velzevul said:

right. here is the inside view from driver seat.

Thanks for the pics guys! I'll forward it to Mindas immediately. We couldn't really find anything concrete on the insides of Armata when we started doing it, so this is definitely useful :)

hey man this has been my favourite mod for about a year, i have a couple of questions if that's cool, 1. why are the guns 5.56 instead of 7.62, and also would you be able to add the vanilla Russian vehicles back in along side your added ones for a much larger seeming arsenal, which i think would compliment the mod a lot, tried the jets dlc SU with your added one and that would work so well with uniform skins on the vehicle, either way great work and thanks also would you be able to add grom?

19 hours ago, randomlumberjak said:

1. why are the guns 5.56 instead of 7.62

It's actually 5.45x39. And it's the caliber AK12 uses.

To my knowledge, only AK15 is the one using 7.62x39. Don't know yet if we'll be adding it.

and also would you be able to add the vanilla Russian vehicles back in along side your added ones for a much larger seeming arsenal

I personally wouldn't be opposed to that. But as a I mentioned before, Mindas seems pretty adamant on keeping the "ArmA3 fictional counterparts" out of the mod. Again, we'll see.

also would you be able to add grom

Umm, Grom are Polish special forces. Why would we be adding them to a Russian-centric mod?

Unless you meant the BMP/BMD one. :D

EDIT: Ok, I got a heads up from a friend that there is a GROM detachment within the Russian police forces
(FSKN Anti-drug unit). Is this possibly what you meant?

https://topwar.ru/60820-specnaz-fskn-grom.html

• Like 4

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, Deathstruck said:

Umm, Grom are Polish special forces. Why would we be adding them to a Russian-centric mod?

Unless you meant the BMP/BMD one. :D

EDIT: Ok, I got a heads up from a friend that there is a GROM detachment within the Russian police forces
(FSKN Anti-drug unit). Is this possibly what you meant?

https://topwar.ru/60820-specnaz-fskn-grom.html

so turns out I meant GRU but was confusing it with the police, but I googled that and I don't think that makes sense, as far as my knowledge goes there just one of the parent organisations to spetznas,    Grom would be cool, but wouldn't expect it to be made  unless your willing to explore internal Russian conflicts ect. (which would also be cool)

@Deathstruck

Small suggestion, T-14 MBT also should have a coaxial machine gun, this small slot next to the main gun on the right, is coaxial machinegun port.

On 10/4/2017 at 7:07 AM, Deathstruck said:

But as a I mentioned before, Mindas seems pretty adamant on keeping the "ArmA3 fictional counterparts" out of the mod. Again, we'll see.

After spending a bunch of time with this faction mod; which I think is awesome; there are a few items lacking in the vehicle department for sure. The Russian military has the "Karatel" and "Typhoon" and similarly based MRAP type vehicles that are currently being used...or at least they are showing them at their military parades. I just wish you guys had more of these vehicles in there. I am sure you guys have already seen that but I just thought It would round out the mod nicely.

Karatel is actually purpose-built for police "SWAT" units and BIS Typhoon-K is a initial production variant.

The actual production one differs from it quite a bit:

What BIS model is based on:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bmpd/38024980/539601/539601_original.jpg

What production Typhoon-K actually looks like:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7jvDm8IIAAFRAl.jpg

@bars91 yeah I get that on the Typhoon-K; which is why I put it that I was sure they had already seen that. Just as I am sure they have seen the articles where it questions why companies like IVECO have continued to sell their Lynx armored vehicle to the Russian Defense Ministry.

Removed a post written in Russian. Please remember to only post in English. Thanks.

• Like 4

@Deathstruck You guys have any idea why your mod would be tossing out CSAT troops instead of Russians when I load my mission via ALiVE? I am using the faction classname and have it setup correctly but all the troops that spawn in are CSAT as are the vehicles and aircraft.

Here is a snippet from my RPT file:

10:23:59 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) Min_rf! Please ensure you have configured a Mil Placement or Mil Placement (Civ Obj) module for this faction (or faction units are synced to Virtual AI module). If so, please check groups are correctly configured for this faction.
10:23:59 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["Min_rf"]! Please check you chose the correct faction(s), and that factions have groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

I think I found the error. The classname was listed as "Min_rf" and not "min_rf" as it showed in the readme file. However in the config for the faction in the editor it appeared as Min_rf for the classname.

Huh, okay this seems like a strange bug. I don't remember Alive acting all wonky around case sensitive words?

Will try to check it out myself when I'll get back home to my PC.

• Like 1

Some pics from the upcoming Winter Update. Aiming for a release before Christmas, if all works out well. :)

mgEinR.jpg

O1X1y8.jpgRjRKaO.jpg

ZjxVFw.jpg

y9sIyf.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The new Winter Update is up! Merry Christmas everyone! :)

See the first page for updated download links!

Changelog:

VERSION 5.0.0 (21-12-2017)
- New Winter pack with a new camo/cover model and other winter accessories.
- Added some weapons in winter camo.
- Added vehicles and armor with two winter camo options - basic white and "Arctic".
- Added a new desert camo. With optional RAE camo that was used in previous version.
- Added KA60, armed variant.
- Added a static KORD Machinegun and a AGS30 Grenade launcher.
- Added a new tactical Spetsnaz uniform in EMR and Surpat camo.

- Fixed vehicle/driving model of armour and Kamaz trucks.
- Fixed textures and materials of various units.
- Fixed Ballistic vests model.
- Fixed animations of the Arbalet-DM tower from Tigr.
- Fixed all config errors (armour, weapons), some of them were tweaked.
- Fixed resistance and collision model for all vehicles.
- Fixed vehicle and armour textures - removed the RED STAR.
- Fixed all errors that were reported by community
- Minor tweaks to the Kamaz model

- And many, many more fixed, tweaks and enhancements that we can't quite remember at this moment. :P

Vzl174.jpg

uhd6dj.jpg

Z6ghuT.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for updating this amazing mod! Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

On 21. 12. 2017 at 7:17 PM, foxhound said:

Thanks for sending us the update :)
The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version:

news_download_a3_3.png
2035: Russian Armed Forces v5.0

Thank you very much!

23 hours ago, carlosxx said:

Thanks for this great update! I wish you guys some nice holidays!

Thanks! To you too, guys:)

We also wanted to add a front FFV function for the Kamaz trucks as well (hence the hatch above the passenger seat), but didn't manage to do it on time before Christmas which was our target date. Next update, hopefully.

• Like 1