silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Simple example, why I'm losing my motivation ...

CCHg2qq.jpg

wtg2LPY.jpg

Why the hell suddenly objects are missing? :icon_wink: 

jDA6hSF.png

Silola

• Like 15

Maybe some of the mighty BI -Devs can join the conversation and tell us why the hell they are try to destroy their community with acting like.... 100 more words..

Regards

Chaser

• Like 9

WHat i see is they removed things they used as proxy-models for a dome, not knowing the effect it would cause

• Like 3

That is idiotic... my maps are broken too! They release 10 GIGS patch and remove 3 megabytes of data instead...

• Like 10

jDA6hSF.png

Silola

Without knowing a damn of that stuff, it looks like they combined the Dome*.p3d files into one (or better two) combined files. (That at least is what I get from the pics. 

I do understand the frustration. It's sad to see modder are getting more and more pissed about this stuff and losing their motivation

• Like 1

I'm glad that they does'nt delete a tree or a bush, but on the other hand, this would lead into a performance boost, of course ... hmm. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Silola: weeeell, they did remove a tree a couple of patches back. How I know that? I've been using one for Abramia winter tree ;)

I suppose this will be fixed   ;)

I doubt it

branzik is a dev for A3/PA now. He knows what he is talking about.

• Like 1

branzik is a dev for A3/PA now. He knows what he is talking about.

I doubt it.

:party:

• Like 1

Hi,

a few days ago I said:

I will also try to create Taunus at the end as a CUP version (only 2 object types to modify).

But unfortunately we found other incompatible objects. This requires that the first release version of Taunus needs the AiA Terrain Pack.

Sorry, but I'm not able to fix all these issues. So we hope the CUP team will fix all the errors sometime.

Here you can see an object with wrong orientation, for example:

majkxjY.jpg

Silola

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but I think those badly oriented objects were a problem with AiA TP, actually - CUP fixed that.

But yeah, if you've been using AiA all along, there will be no easy way to make it compatible with CUP. :/

7 minutes ago, haleks said:

I could be wrong, but I think those badly oriented objects were a problem with AiA TP, actually - CUP fixed that.

But yeah, if you've been using AiA all along, there will be no easy way to make it compatible with CUP. :/

Agree... I saw this in AiA and I think it's fixed in CUP. So, maybe the AiA object has the wrong orientation.

However.... not easy to correct... maybe a script with search and replace? Unix commands might be a solition

Panic

• Like 1

Agree... I saw this in AiA and I think it's fixed in CUP. So, maybe the AiA object has the wrong orientation.

Ok, this could be. But now I ask myself ... what was wrong with the orientation of this object? What's the reason to say ... the orientation of this object is wrong, we have to fix it.

Before it was facing to the north and now it's facing to the east (for example) and I don't understand why it was a problem, but now ... we have a problem.

But anyway, fact is ... both versions are not compatible and that's annoying :(

And now the last picture set before release ;)

cYjoo64.jpg

nIMcNFA.jpg

9OLmAS6.jpg

X9R4YRF.jpg

8g7mxoN.jpg

Ib6fFOM.jpg

GRvTQK8.jpg

wxDq9Wx.jpg

Silola

• Like 14

So, I think in the last patch that BIS fixed the messed up .p3d files that were giving you guys issues.

Am I reading correctly that Taunus will require AiA TP,  instead of the more widely available CUP Terrains-Core?  AiA TP is not being updated as far as I know, and is a pain in the ass to get for most people. 

4 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

So, I think in the last patch that BIS fixed the messed up .p3d files that were giving you guys issues.

NOPE, but they brought back the missing objects.

Am I reading correctly that Taunus will require AiA TP,  instead of the more widely available CUP Terrains-Core?  AiA TP is not being updated as far as I know, and is a pain in the ass to get for most people. 

Yes as stated multiple times. We begun with AiA, then Cup comes around the corner while we have built 45%, so we decided to finish it with AiA because CUP says it is 100% compatible...

Regards

Chaser

Ok, just checking.  I guess we'll run it with CUP and see what happens.  No one in my unit will get AiA again just to run a single new map, no matter how good it looks.

Best of luck to you guys and I hope you can find an easy resolution for those issues.  It truly is a phenomenal looking map and I can't wait to try it out.

5 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

That's true, but we start last year with AiA TP with the certainty in the backside that CUP will be 100% compatible ... that was the statement, if I remember correctly.

But as you know, everyone has exactly 3 options available:

1. Load Taunus + AiA TP = have fun

2. Load Taunus + CUP = have fun and accept some missplaced objects

3. Don't press any download button ;)

Silola

• Like 6