Download :

http://addons.ofcra.org/cirav/@Bozcaada-v12.7z

-------------------------------------

Serverkey included
Map size : 20km x 20km
Bozcaada requires no additional addons.
Google map

Description :
Bozcaada is an island of Turkey in the northeastern part of the Aegean Sea. Administratively, the island constitutes the Bozcaada district of Çanakkale province. With an area of 39.9 km² it is the third largest Turkish island after Imbros and Marmara. In 2011, the district had a population of 2,472. The main industries are tourism, wine production and fishing. The island has been famous for its grapes, wines and red poppies for centuries.
Source

Dev Team :
-Cirav
-Ruskoff
-Arthyc
-Vincent

Spécial thanks :
-F.S.F for Wiki Labs
-Mikero for his tools
-Bohemia Interactive Studio

Changelog v1.2 :

-Modified Map Grid 
-Modified entrance airfield
-Remove building on road
-Remove errors factory_main_part2_f.p3d

Changelog v1.1 :

-Modified satellite map 
-Modified texture map
-Add karting track
-Add checkpoint
-Improve miltary post
-Improve airfield
-Improve the city of Merkez
-Improve roads
-Add some objects

Screenshots v1.0 :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/349646bozcaada01.jpg

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/773117bozcaada02.jpg

Screenshots v1.1 :
  • Like 8

That looks really nice and like map to offer lots of different scenarios on. And it isn't even that big a download. I'll give this one a try.

Wow.

I mean, just, wow. It's my 3rd favourite terrain for ArmA series. First one being Sahrani and second - Altis. I'm speechless - good job. Topographically it's a really interesting island, I like the FOBs, too.

Two minor issues:

1. Castle LODs - some of the walls have white textures at certain LOD

2. FOB wooden elements - they collapse after something dies on them

A great map.  Thank you.

One suggestion would be to place no targets in the ranges on the military base by the airport.  This allows mission makers to set their own type of target and allow them to go down and pop-up or be reset.

Man, do you know what you have done!? Its one of best maps i seen! This map have almost same climat as Stratis or Altis, and i think it should be officially as third map! Streets are little too tight, but for cars they are fine. Its Epic, fantastic, DOESNT require any other mod, and its weight is 144 mb (180mb unpacked). Avesome Job man! :cheers:

• Like 1

A great map.  Thank you.

One suggestion would be to place no targets in the ranges on the military base by the airport.  This allows mission makers to set their own type of target and allow them to go down and pop-up or be reset.

Agreed.

Same things concerning the "filets de camouflage" on the airbase, maybe you should delete them (IMHO) to let people place them as they want.

Great work anyway

It's very pretty and I get great FPS ! Well done.  I did notice there is not a lot of ground cover ? Rocks and litter seems to be few in number and the ground itself is very smooth.. Almost 0 natural places to take cover and move...Could you add more wrinkles... Natural features ?

Found a bug at the main airfield, it seems that AI can't use the runway, they just drive through the fence and proceed till it blows up. Great Map tho! :)

Thank you for your feedback we will fix it for the next release. 

Hey,

I love that terrain. The small distance to Altis (Limnos) makes it perfect for my group to be used as a training ground (Also the Military Base with its shooting range helps much...so I don't have to build one :P)

Anyway, I hate to have one complain. For me, the runway is to short. I can understand that you want to stay as close to the original as possible, but lift off with a A-164 is nearly impossible but definitally very hard. 
I think 50 Meter more would help a lot!

But overall it is an awesome island.

Many Greetings
Moony

P.S. I just love your stair solution. Now I have create one that way, too! So, thanks! xD

Well I made an account here so hopefully I can give my full, hopefully useful, critique that I tried to post on steam.

The first point I made related to the built form of Merkez. I feel that by increasing the number of buildings and density that that the town can be slightly closer to reality. The buildings need to be arranged in a way to give an appearance of defining the space. This is present in the town because of the perimeter block structure.  Although quite difficult to achieve because of the small size of the blocks in comparison to the default buildings having the buildings face the street on all sides would achieve this look. Where this is not possible using buildings add walls instead to block off the space so that it cannot be accessed from the street. This would create that narrowness and density that is present in reality.

The second relates to vegetation generally there should be more (although that may impact the currently very nice frame rate on this map). There needs to be more vegetation and grass both in the rural areas around Merkez and within the town itself, I mentioned the vines and flowers that grow there in the steam post, perhaps adding some at the centre of blocks to indicate the space that would be peoples gardens (perhaps adding grass patches here would also be good). Placing flowers and bushes by or on walls and buildings will give it that look although it is difficult to do this without strange things happening. But as this space isn’t really large enough for vehicles it should be less of an issue.

In the rural areas it is quite hard for the most part to differentiate between different fields, now although this isn’t really necessary given they are so clear on the map itself perhaps adding a few walls or hedges here and there would be good. This would be especially effective near the roads as currently it doesn’t feel as if you’re driving past farmland and fields even when you are.

My third point would be relates to some minor details. This again relates to my experience driving around. The fuel stations in some places have lots of grass growing under them perhaps replacing this will a concrete or gravel texture would be better. And the fuel station at 139965 could be expanded a little, it’s currently a little awkward to drive in and out, and perhaps adding a small building to serve as the shop would be good. The roads could be smoothed out a bit (although it currently makes for a fun if perilous rally course) but I am sure you’re onto that.

Anyway that is all I have to say for now. Hope I am not being too forward with what I am saying. I still am amused that I was going to do this specific island only to find it up on the workshop one day…

Which reminds me if you want a really detailed satellite image I have a 121 MB satellite image of Bozcaada. I tried to use a larger one before but that one basically crashed everything that tried to edit/open it.

Thank you Gowan for your very interesting feedback.

We intend to review the city Merkez best to try to reproduce reality and we will increase the density of buildings.

This is a first version and we will continue to improve different areas.

• Like 1

Earlier I would overlook Bozcaada because I didn't expect much from a map with similar theme to Altis (mostly because of it getting old), but having tested this map, I have to say it looks absolutely terrific! It's a real gem and I much appreciate the terrain features. Stellar work with great attention given to detail.

Excited for sure to see what's in store for the future regarding Bozcaada and other projects. :)

• Like 1

Hi guys

this is a beautiful terrain. I started to tinker with it in the editor and I love it. Any chance that the runaway issue of the airport get's fixed in a future update? Right now the AI is unable to take off from the ground. They taxi on the runway, than they are going for a hike in the hills. This is the only bug I could find so far.

keep up the good work.

All the best

• Like 1

I have been tinkering for a while trying to get XInsurgency working on this map for a while.

Would someone be able to tell me what the mapSize is?

I have been tinkering for a while trying to get XInsurgency working on this map for a while.

Would someone be able to tell me what the mapSize is?

Map size : 20km x 20km (from the main post)

Map size : 20km x 20km (from the main post)

Thats not going to work in a game logic argument as in the case of 

this setVariable [""overrideMapSize"", -1];

The prescribed method from X39 is to enter the larger of the X/Y coordinates from the map. Tried that, still nothing. Same goes with what you are suggesting, where I crunch the numbers and try to figure out what the MapSize actually is on my own. 

OR

Someone who knows the exact details on the MapSize could respond.