Ranwer135

A3 Campaign - Continuation for Tanoa?

As the title says, I have always been getting this recurring thought:

"If Kerry escaped Altis, where did he end up after that?"

It seems very likely that the Devs will be making a continuation of the story, as like before in ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. Usually, with every official map comes an epic saga.  ;)

What do you guys think? Is the Arma community geared up for another continuation of the campaign?

• Like 5

There were two possible endings, so they cannot continue the old story. I am sure that they will choose the same setting around CSAT and the NATO, but characters like Kerry will not appear a second time. Maybe the new campagne will play before the old.

• Like 1

But they can take one end as the "official canon", so there's no problem with the multiple endings.

I want to kick Miller's ass in a continuation!

Other than that... I still didn't read an official confirmation that there will be a new campaign. Up to now I only read "playable content".

Looking forward to see the new roadmap.

• Like 1

From Miller's perspective, it doesn't really matter which ending you chose, I suppose. I just hope they'll finish the story arch from East Wind. I still feel disappointed about the Win episode and would like to get some closure on Tanoa. In any case, I'd really like to see another official campaign for several reasons.

• Like 2

There will be a campaign. I'm pretty sure, it's got too much story behind, would be business suicide if BI didn't make one.

• Like 1

They sad that they will add a new faction. So it should be logical that they deliver a matching story.

• Like 1

"If Kerry escaped Altis, where did he end up after that?"

Hopefully washed up dead on a beach. They should do an easter egg in the first mission of the Tanoa campaign where you find Kerry's body on the shore and steal his mags.

• Like 1

Hopefully washed up dead on a beach. They should do an easter egg in the first mission of the Tanoa campaign where you find Kerry's body on the shore and steal his mags.

I always steal their watches.

• Like 1

You pick up a radio and immediately hear "Wait...what the hell?".  :P

• Like 1

Woah, there's a lot of hatred here for poor guy Kerry. Yes, he's flat and boring, but... nevermind, let's harvest and sell his organs while they're still fresh!

Well damn... I thought Karry was kinda ok, he always lived on the edge, breaking every military and NATO rule in the book just to hang out with some SF guys from Europe. XD

Though it would be interesting if BI pulled a fast one and had us playing on the opposite team. Imagine playing an Opfor PLA soldier. Then again, the only problem with that is we would be forced to read subtitles. LMAO

I just hope we'll have a more interesting campaign in the expansion than it was in ArmA 3.

I didn't buy the whole story.

i want more Conway story..i hate that kerry character

Apart from Kerry, everyone else from TF Aegis (Adams, Lacey, etc) is dead so we sure as hell aren't going to be seeing Conway again. Unless BI decides to retcon The East Wind and "revives" him...for whatever reason.

Miller is really the only character that we'll see again.

Perhaps rather than the Devs continueing Kerry's life, a Jungle theme much like Far Cry 3 could well suit Tanoa's environment? ;)

Or otherwise, it could be another story of a soldier doing UN work for NATO. (But in any case, they will, no doubt, start it off in the dense jungle :P)

Even looking at some of the thick jungle features, we might be expecting one big platform update upon movement, to get around logs or fences.

Kerry is meh as a continued character. However, I would still love a continued campaign with the expansion. Maybe even playing as a Opfor unit hunting millers team in a foreign country.

I doubt we're going to be playing Kerry again. But I'm not a big fan of his character, so that probably has something to do with the way my opinion sways. Tho I hope we'll get to see more of what happens with the device and get some background on Miller and unit.

I really hope we get some new models and not just a reclycling of old assets to make this new map but anything would make me happy as long as the campaign make sense...

• Like 1

I really hope we get some new models and not just a reclycling of old assets to make this new map but anything would make me happy as long as the campaign make sense...

It's not all reskins as I'm sure the reveal trailer showed, at least... though Operation Arrowhead was hardly immune to "recycling of old assets".

Same question here : I don't see anything, any clue that could lead to this.

I believe it is set after the events of Altis.There IS some clues about it inside the East Wind campaign.Maybe if you pay attention you'll know.Of course i may be wrong about everything,this is just a speculation.I can only say that according to my theory there is another clue inside tanoa's terrain but i won't spoil anything,just pay close attention to the trailer or the Dev's Diary. ;)

I believe it is set after the events of Altis.There IS some clues about it inside the East Wind campaign.Maybe if you pay attention you'll know.Of course i may be wrong about everything,this is just a speculation.I can only say that according to my theory there is another clue inside tanoa's terrain but i won't spoil anything,just pay close attention to the trailer or the Dev's Diary. ;)

What? The strip mine? Also what do you guys have against Miller? He is the anti-hero, playing as him and having to make dificult decisons would be a blast (for me at least).