tacticalnuggets

Rotation Menu System: A fluid external action menu system

Project NEMESI5 presents the Rotation Menu System

AUTHOR: Goschie

VERSION: v1.2.10.9

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B61D4bNCvEl9ZVZkdl80eTRvcjg

STEAM WORKSHOP: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640835448&searchtext=Rotation+Menu+System

REQUIREMENTS (FOR MOD ONLY):

- CBA A3 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767)

What is it?
- The Rotation Menu System is a context based action menu, designed for external interaction with other objects. 
- Any object, door, ladder, or hatch with a RTMS menu attached to it will present with a menu icon. If it's expandable, a fluid rotatable menu will appear for easy interaction
- All default external actions are already apart of the system, which means get in gunner, driver, ect, are all included.
- The Rotation Menu System is fully expandable and modifiable for any user, with an infinite menu structure. What this basically means is that a sub sub menu is always possible for any menu item. (see part 3 in tutorial).
- The system seems to work better than arma 3's action menu, especially for doors, gates, and other once confusing obstacles. Occlusion also seems to be better.
- Making menus (see part 1,2 in tutorial) is relatively easy and powerful, and will allow object and class based custom menus.
- There may be some missing actions for special kinds of objects in the game, but hopefully through user feedback any bizarre special cases will be remedied.
- The system is fully script based, with no additional addons (besides CBA for the mod version), or dialogs, or strange initialization requirements; this means its vanilla (I have made it into a addon/mod as well)

- For the mod/addon version, you can still add and remove all your own menus at runtime. Basically, you have no loss of functionality besides adding/removing menus during RTMS's init process. 

- NOW WORKS ON NON ARMA 3 MAPS! (AiA/CUP included)

- NOW HAS KEYBINDINGS FROM CBA!

- NOW HAS PERSONAL MENU AND QUICK BUTTON!

- NOW HAS INCREMENTAL DOORS!

Controls?

- Enabling scroll override by opening up your personal menu with tab, will allow you to use your mouse to navigate through menus. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpAz217iow)

- Use the 4 arrow keys on bottom right of your keyboard. Up selects -> expands -> activates menu items. Down closes the menu in the opposite order. The side arrow keys flip through the different object icons around you, but then you have expanded an icon, the left and right arrow keys will spin the menu around.

- Use the space bar as your "quick button". Lets you quickly open/close doors and hatches, climb ladders, and call whatever main script you add to your own menus

- Hold the tab key to open up your personal menu, and then scroll and use the quick button to select an item in your personal menu

- While holding the quick button on a door, scroll to incrementally open/close the door for "sneak and peak" style action

Previews!

Updated:

Tutorials!

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

Change Log

--------------------------------------

Version 1.2.10.9 (latest)
Bug Fixes
- A potential floating point error was fixed to prevent breaking during a major arma 3 engine update

Version 1.2.10.8
Minor Changes
- RTMS Options are saved to profile
- Added disabling/enabling option of vehicle menus, and specifically menus on people/wildlife.

Version 1.2.8.8
Bug Fixes
- Fixed doors not opening due to bad BIS update of door config statements

Version 1.2.8.7
Bug Fixes
- No more freezing at beginning of game as cache system optimizes itself
- Cache distance grows for classes added at runtime (like large buildings)
- Particular buildings that lack important door selection names fixed (you can now use them)

Version 1.2.8.4
Bug Fixes
- Issue with changing vehicle seats on dedicated servers (MP), would spit you out of vehicle

Version 1.2.8.3
Minor Changes
- Added mouse/scroll override to personal menu in RTMS Options
- Mouse/scroll override will allow you to use mouse buttons 4, 5, and scroll wheel to control the rotation menus
- Quick weapon switch disabled while mouse/scroll override enabled

Bug Fixes
- Fixed more rpt errors linked to personal menu state
- Fixed bug where hitting down menu key would reselect if menu went out of view then came back into view
- Disassemble was still accessible on static weapons while gunner was taken

Version 1.2.5.8

Bug fixes

- Hotfix was incomplete, causing selection to be in the wrong place. Patch should be stable now. Apologies.

- last hot fix inadvertently caused the personal menu to break when you get out of a vehicle without personal menu being held on
- rpt spam related fix

Version 1.2.5.5 HOT FIX

Bug fixes

- fixed rpt error zero divisor

Version: 1.2.5.4
Major Changes
- Added rotation menu to personal menu and all default menus show up in your personal menu upon entering vehicle

Minor Changes
- Menus now correct with zoom
- Menus now have two new parameters, _conditionHideIcon and _isInternal
- Menu with _isInternal set to true will add it to your personal menu upon entering vehicle
- Cache distance now adapts to largest "class style menu" _distance setting, where the object size is used when set to _distance = "ADAPT"
- Default menus now put vehicle seats in "Vehicle Positions" sub menu to be clean

Bug Fixes
- Adding lots of menus using SendRequest, on the same frame, would cause ProcessRequest to bug out (menus would not be added properly)
- If a direct object menu was attached to an object already being used by a class menu, the cache distance would still override an object supposed to be displayed
- Terrain would cause rotation menus to deform
- Small objects/vehicles that would think you were not close enough to an excessive degree

Version: 1.1.10.8

Bug fixes

- Green circle for quickbutton/possible selection no longer gets confused when lots of icons are cramped together
- No longer tries to cache hidden buildings for selection icons such as doors
- Includes all static classes for doors/ladders/hatches, a lack of this was causing things like ladders on radio towers or walls to not get displayed properly
- Occlusion drastically improved for buggy doors, thus allowing the doors that were not getting displayed on AiA/CUP/Custom maps to finally be displayed
- Really small vehicles like quads and go-karts were disabling get-in sub menus if you were really really close, this was fixed so its not disabled

Version: 1.1.10.4

Major Changes
- Personal Menu, Quick Button, and door incremental scrolling

Minor Changes
- Door system now works on AiA/CUP or any other maps that have buildings using the term "door" in there UserActions config at all
- CBA Keybinds
- Scrolling to incrementally Open/Close doors and hatches
- Quick button can activate the main script of menus without selecting them (opening doors, hatches, and ladders when using quick button by default)
- Occlusion no longer uses vegetation
- Occlusion improved by using center of mass
- Slightly improved performance when sub menu open
- "ADAPT" distance type added for menu making (use "ADAPT" for the _distance variable when you wont know how close you should be to make it appear)
- Default menu for vehicles now adapt to the vehicle size when displaying main icon
- Default sub menus for vehicles are now disabled if too far from actual object model (no more cheating by jumping in the object while far)

Bug fixes
- Fixed memory leaks in object uninstalling (some variables not deallocated)
- Fixed memory leak for RTMS_DeleteMenuObject (condition namespace not being removed/deleted)
- Fixed bug where object main icon would appear twice if multiple direct object menus attached by no class menu attached

- Fixed bug where menus created for building structures would conflict with doors/ladders/hatches default menus

Version: 1.0 

- Added @RTMS mod to the download, so you can run the system in addon/mod form (no need to add to every mission, but wont be vanilla)

- QUICK FIX 8:46pm PST 9/24/2015 Accidentally uploaded @RTMS with the wrong paths. It will actually work now lol. RE-DOWNLOAD IF YOU GOT BEFORE THIS TIME

• Like 6

Interesting. You definitely made it modder friendly.

I figured it was the most important thing. Dysclexi and others have talked about needing viable replacements, so I decided to make this. With this, ACE or any other modding enthusiasts can easily bring in a contextual menu, and with the "sub sub" menus, they can have their own private rotation on any object. 

EDIT: And I believe doctor sheep tried to do something, and I would welcome joining forces with him to see about some other features. The main difference between his and RTMS, is that RTMS is completely 3D. I've tested this numerous times and it seems to perform pretty well.

Alright guys. I added the mod/addon myself tonight. You can now get @RTMS from the download. If you have looked over this addon, PLEASE DONT. You really can completely replace addaction with this system and will no longer have to worry about the default vehicle actions either. Once you get used to the arrow keys, interaction with doors, vehicles, ect becomes so much more fluid. It really helps to see what your interacting with rather than discern from a tiny, cramped, side menu that gets filled up when you look at or get near an object. GONE ARE THOSE DAYS.

this looks really nice.

I see that it is also very customisable. going to give it a shot. thanks!

this looks really nice.

I see that it is also very customisable. going to give it a shot. thanks!

If you get it you should try using doors as cover by swinging them closed/open while you fire behind one

this is really cool! i made something similar in terms of modularity, as in the ability to add your own actions to a new UI, a while ago. but a lot less fancy looking :lol: it's a great approach. the fact that there is a script-only version makes this so much more awesome. i really like the idea to handle that stuff mission side as long as it performs well.

Many users have asked me if the system will work in AiA/CUP. Everything works except for the doors on those maps and beyond. BUT!!!!!!!!!! In the development version I currently have doors working on any map / custom building (in addition to finally respecting user locked doors).

Above all other things, here is a list of truly awesome things that will be added in the next version coming this saturday (october 3rd)

- Key bindings in controls options when running the mod version or the script module with CBA.

- Quick Button (default is spacebar) added to execute whatever you are about to select (so doors, ladders, hatches will open/close when you press quick button! No need to select first)

- Nice green circle added around what you would select or execute with Quick button, and lights up while pressing quick button

- While holding the quick button on a door, scrolling will begin incrementally opening and closing the door. (sneak and peak). The door will not execute once it detects you do this (nice and quite)

- A new  personal menu when you hold tab by default, and then scrolling and hitting the quick button lets you select primary, handgun, launcher. You can add your own personal menus as well.

- ALL features should work on ANY MAP OR BUILDING including AiA/CUP

• Like 1

Here is another preview video to prove AiA/CUP. I also tested this on ACE and it worked just fine (the vector range finder uses TAB which is personal menu in RTMS default). I also fixed a lot of issues with vehicles and distance recently. The actual sub menus (you know, the main part of the mod :P) will darken/disable if you are too far away from the vehicles surface now (for the default classes). The function you add to your conditions to enable this for your own menus is RTMS_InBoundingBox which is a bit misleading because it uses an intersecting screen (i will detail the use out later). Also, you can now set the _distance variable in the menu configuration scripts to a string "ADAPT", which compute the bounding radius of the object for displaying your menus main icon. You can set your sub menus to "ADAPT" as well.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just want to inform you that some of the doors in AiA/CUP are a bit messed up. Basically, some have there selection positions embedded in the wall causing occlusion to always turn on (making the door icon not appear). Another issue is doors lods are an incorrect size, and intersecting to detect the door shows no door, which also makes occlusion turn on. I will try to build a list of these buildings and simply turn occlusion off on them.

Found a door that wont display or has issues displaying sometimes? Just post it here!

Place in Init line of your player: 

hint format ["%1", typeOf nearestBuilding this]; diag_log format ["%1", typeOf nearestBuilding this];

Look for the class name that popped up on your screen hint in the .rpt file

And post this on the thread or PM me:

Problem Class: "class_name_here"

It looks like I have found a way to drastically improve occlusion detection for doors. It is very strange, and I will need to further refine it so it no longer has a performance impact. The fix should be done by tomorrow for the next weekly update. 

Basically, I wont have to add problem house classes to a list anymore. All the broken doors should work because they wont be occluded when they are visible to you! So all maps are a go!

Updated mod v1.1.10.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Goschie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

:wub:       this is going to change my mission (RTS V)

I can see this being the #1mission maker  download ​

it definitely opened some door for me â€‹(no pun intended)

thank you for this PHENOMENAL mod...

ok hour or so later I followed your youtube to make manslay_class

works awesome... but I now get 3 gear options...

so would it be safe to just delete one of the classes or?

I'm still a newb, 

:wub:       this is going to change my mission (RTS V)

I can see this being the #1mission maker  download ​

it definitely opened some door for me â€‹(no pun intended)

thank you for this PHENOMENAL mod...

ok hour or so later I followed your youtube to make manslay_class

works awesome... but I now get 3 gear options...

so would it be safe to just delete one of the classes or?

I'm still a newb, 

man slay adds another inventory sub menu action, so multiple will get stacked. I dont remember exactly what I did in the video

EDIT: So yeah, if you just run the mod with stock menus, inventory is already on "Man" class objects. Then, as you'd expect, if you added the man slay class you should get 2 inventory sub menus total piled on the object overall. I dont know how the third got added :P

• Like 1

man slay adds another inventory sub menu action, so multiple will get stacked. I dont remember exactly what I did in the video

EDIT: So yeah, if you just run the mod with stock menus, inventory is already on "Man" class objects. Then, as you'd expect, if you added the man slay class you should get 2 inventory sub menus total piled on the object overall. I dont know how the third got added :P

I'm sure it was me , lol...