giallustio

[Terrain] =BTC= Al Jak

=BTC= Al Jak

logo.png

Al Jak is a fictional terrain located somewhere in middle-east.

I decided to create this map to test the real power of Map Builder, infact the heightmap has been created with L3DT, sat map and mask with PhotoShop and the objects have been placed with Map Builder.

Thanks to this mod Al Jak has been created in less than 2 weeks, I have to thank Jona that helped me to place some objects in Multiplayer mode ( yes you can with MB and it's awesome).

Some techinical data:

heightmap: 512x512px

cell size: 3 m

The area is very small, but i'll plan to expand it if the map turn out successfully.

Few zones are still WIP, but I'll be away for few days and i decided to release what i've done so far.

To- do list for future updates:

- improve sat map and mask

- add picture map

- add few more villages on the mountains

- add more details to the city

Screens:

http://imgur.com/a/11adY

Requirements

- JBad

Versions
0.1:

- Release

Download:

http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/al-jak.html

• Like 2

Awesome.... love all the great maps coming put

Thank you!

Nice work! and thx especially for not making it dependent on AiA. Not that AiA was bad, I don't want to knock anyone's hard work but with it no longer being actively supported and being so large its kinda a turn off.

• Like 1

Nice work! and thx especially for not making it dependent on AiA. Not that AiA was bad, I don't want to knock anyone's hard work but with it no longer being actively supported and being so large its kinda a turn off.

AiA TP is replaced with @CUP, a lot of upcoming terrains will be using it, so find a home for it, you'll need it.

• Like 1

Agreed, they do some good works, but I shouldn't require a 12GB file for a smaller addon (I can deal with A3MP, but AiA), will check this map out though.

• Like 1

AiA TP is replaced with @CUP, a lot of upcoming terrains will be using it, so find a home for it, you'll need it.

Yea, seen that. I hope it works out but I hope they make them individual DLs for each map so you can pick and choose.

Yea, seen that. I hope it works out but I hope they make them individual DLs for each map so you can pick and choose.

That doesn't make any sense! AiA/CUP is simply the A2 stuff for A3. When you start packing every terrain with it's own data, you will end up with a huge amount (and I mean > 1-2TB) of redundant data.

Also you have to download AiA/CUP only one time and can play a waste amount of terrains with it.

• Like 1