icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

I don't really understand why there aren't any rules that consider these mystery updates links spam, because that's exactly what it feels like.

I just think it would be very useful if there's was some agreement that if a new link gets posted to a mod hosting site X days after an author updates their content or something, some kind of reason or text has to put with link. Even if it's something simple like "Thanks mod author, PWS now updated with mod version 1.XXX because the last version we put up wasn't working for some players" or whatever.

Not only is it confusing to us normal users (I'm still salty over the mystery CAF Aggressors update), but clearly even mod authors don't understand what these mystery posts mean. It's confusing as all hell and I wish there were rules against this.

PWS doesn't care about what you think. They were always hosting my mod without permission and without any contact whatsoever. Really sucks when people reported a bug or an error from their PWS download, because you didn't give it to the host and you have no idea what version it is.

fanatic72: maybe, but BIS still didn't release uncoded assets to the public and I am surely not HACKING to put that vegetation on map by using dummy objects...

Tanoa coded files are keeping at least couple of my maps on freeze.

• Like 1

Sure man. Im just asking what the plans are. :) However long it takes I'm sure Tanoa vegetation would bring a new breath of life into Lingor. :wub:

fanatic72: maybe, but BIS still didn't release uncoded assets to the public and I am surely not HACKING to put that vegetation on map by using dummy objects...

Tanoa coded files are keeping at least couple of my maps on freeze.

The Unsung guys have added Tanoa vegetation to their maps, so maybe ask them how they did it?

• Like 1

Pennyworth put together a config solution with the "placeholder" references pointing to the new 3D models.  Now, that probably means the map maker has more work in the future if/when the models are "decrypted" so to speak, because all of those placeholder references could be removed.  That "placeholder" trick is the only way to reference those new models.

• Like 1

TBH, I very much like the fact that Lingor is a tropical island without Tanoa dependency. It seems that most other ones do require Apex, which I refuse to buy until they fix some serious problems with it (and/or the price goes down enough). I really don't think it needs Tanoa vegetation too badly, what it has now looks quite good.

Since Tanoa assets are not out yet I am not converting the vegetation. I'll maybe use the new vegetation on upcoming maps that I have to wrap up but can't due to encoded assets by BIS.

Anyhow, Lingor v3.7 is almost ready to roll out with following changes already complete:

- fixed runway numbers at Aeropuerto Sargento (near Calamar)
- smoothed out terrain
- fixed displaced road pieces at several places
- file obfuscation removed

If you would like something fixed/changed let me know, you have a day or two ;)

• Like 4

Since Tanoa assets are not out yet I am not converting the vegetation. I'll maybe use the new vegetation on upcoming maps that I have to wrap up but can't due to encoded assets by BIS.

If you would like something fixed/changed let me know, you have a day or two ;)

I hope one day, you are going to use these assets for Tonal   :ph34r:

I've been notified of some extra bugs I need to care prior to release of 3.7.

So far:

- improved satellite texture
- removed submerged camp in Medlina
- prepared Dingor to be included in this or next update
  • Like 5

I've been notified of some extra bugs I need to care prior to release of 3.7.

So far:

- removed submerged camp in Medlina
- prepared Dingor to be included in this or next update

Oooh lovely :) I've never used Dingor-looking forward to it. Thanks

• Like 2

Oooh lovely :) I've never used Dingor-looking forward to it. Thanks

It's another awesome map, Lingor with zero jungle, and no massive frame rate hits ;)

• Like 1

Yay, forums are back :)

Anyway, as foxhound already stated, Lingor has been updated to v3.8!

lingor_v38.jpg

Changelog
=========
- fixed runway numbers at Aeropuerto Sargento (near Calamar)
- smoothed out terrain
- fixed displaced road pieces at several places
- added three flag texture locations to readme file
- removed submerged camp from Medlina
- added Municipal office to Calamar
- moved start date to non full-moon day/night
- replaced several palm tree types with new ones (tnx CypeRevenge & Ben Rampling)
- several smaller fixes

Get the on www.icebreakr.info | Steam Workshop | PWS (WithSix) Client

• Like 9

Hey @Icebreakr I keep getting an error pop up saying 

Addon 'A3_Map_lingor3' requires addon 'MGB_Noe_Buildings' 

I assume this is because of the CUP update?

That is correct JD Wang. CWA has been separated from the Core. I use one building that I will remove the dependency in the v3.81 soon. Ok?

• Like 4

What a pain in the ass for you :(

I would quite happily run with CWA now I know it's needed. But I get why you'd switch out that building. Thanks for making some of the best maps for Arma dude. Really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Well, one building isn't the end of the world exactly + we'll get less overall required size w/o CWR stuff.

So it's all cool I guess...

• Like 1

@icebreakr Thank you so much for Lingor for the second time. Some of our best times on ARMA were when I hosted a Lingor DayZ server, and now we're all loving playing it on ARMA 3.

Is there any chance the Units will be ported to A3? Lingor just isn't Lingor without a proper bush plane like the Maule, or the Presidential motorcade with the police vehicles, or the crazy offroad tour trucks. I'll be harassing everyone to donate to support your awesome work.