granQ

SFP: Sturkö Island

Background

In 1981, a Soviet submarine was discovered in the morning just outside the Swedish naval base, it claimed it was a navigation error but things quickly escalated. 
The Russians sent a "rescue" party while the Swedish primeminister gave the order "Hold the border", instructing the military to shoot if any ships crossed the border.

Luckily, after a few days the submarine was returned to Russia and the crises was over, but this was the Swedish "cuban crises".

More information here:

This video is in Swedish but give some "feeling" of how it was.

Download

Screenshots

sturko.jpg
sturko_map.jpg
  • Like 5

Quick question: is the only change hear that you have broken out the islands and the objects from one another? Or are there other tweaks as well? It just so happens that my community is right in the middle of a campaign taking place on your humble island and I'm curious to know if there's any benefit to upgrading. I'm sure the players would love some of the new site blocking foliage that came out with the last update but I suspect if you were rolling that out you would have said something. :-)

not really on the island itself (there is one radar + one fix) but in combination with the new objects there are some more fixes, mostly visual. Two houses got fully textures now and interior, there are furniture in those.

Wouldn't make a huge difference, so maybe not worth the effort to be honest at this stage.

would you consider to share your missions after? 

I'm sure the players would love some of the new site blocking foliage that came out with the last update but I suspect if you were rolling that out you would have said something. :-)

This is dependent on Arma 2 and Arma 3 trees, bushes etc implementing view blocking correctly. The Arma 3 objects should of course be fine but the Arma 2 objects depends on either A3MP, AIATP or the upcoming CUP Terrain Pack, depending on your choice of mod, implementing it correctly. So as long as your Arma 2 objects mod is doing this it should work just fine on any map with A2 objects. There are some foliage objects in SFP Objects but most of them are from the Arma 2 converted object mod of your choice.

Great map and thank you that you gave us the historical background! Is the position where the submarine landed marked on the map?

I like this map, always like when a map is real with 1:1 scale. Make me feel to be realy in combat. The new buildings are ok, make them lttle more durty, and make the window brakeable, that would be awesome :)

A great map, but the the issue I have with this and Wamako is the lack of civilian placement with Alive, are there any plans to add this in the future?