Here is a small update on the project, 

Firstly thanks to some great help, we are making progress on the textures. At first we couldn't figure out how to get rid of those pesky lines you see in the previous images. So I sent the model and UV's to Warlord554 who has begun superb work on a very nice texture.

buldozer%202015-08-23%2009-12-25-25_zpsnbuldozer%202015-08-23%2009-12-39-52_zpsg

Secondly, I have spent the last few hours working on a new scope. it's created from the first scope we had, except i've added a mount on the scope, and will soon be adding an attachment to it to give the player the option of using a rather unique looking top mounted NVG. 

rjAGFK1.png

While the texture is being worked on I have also taken an interest in this:

G4Central.jpg

But with the difficulties of modelling something that is more organic if you will might be somewhat challenging. Plus the fuss of rigging it.

But I hope your happy with the development so far and hope to keep you guys informed.

• Like 1

Okay, so I've been hard at work making a scope, Here is the general update to the last image I posted, now showing the NVG attachment I mentioned. 

OajzalL.png

It won't be 100% accurate due to lack of reference images but I hope it pleases you guys. Its a Simrad KN203 Fab Night Vision Optic, I'm still working on it but It's about 90% complete.

I'm going to tease you guys with a full view of both the new scope and weapon so you can see how it looks.

It5nC3v.png

Pay no attention to the fact that I forgot to include my bi-pod 

Just seen this... if you want any help with getting the rifle on a backpack ask for Lifetap or Evrik on our TS - they're the config coding experts

:-)

SJ

Just seen this... if you want any help with getting the rifle on a backpack ask for Lifetap or Evrik on our TS - they're the config coding experts

:-)

SJ

I will keep that in mind, thank you so much.

Amazing work! Just a quick question; are you planning to add support of this great mod? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182380-weapon-eventhandler-framework/

It would be amazing to use M200 with proper bolt animations and manual bolting

I'm not sure what I'm doing in regards to having my mod require other peoples, I might do two versions and see which people prefer but that's still under discussion.

I'm not sure what I'm doing in regards to having my mod require other peoples, I might do two versions and see which people prefer but that's still under discussion.

If you planned to do such a thing you can do what's called an optional config. It's a second config that when run, will override the original.

If you planned to do such a thing you can do what's called an optional config. It's a second config that when run, will override the original.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the suggestion.

Okay guys,

So doing this weapon system requires some of that good old traditional detective work stuff.....you know the boring research into specifications.

And I have to say this weapon system is pretty impressive if I do say so myself, from what I've looked at and the vids I've come across it seems a great system for balance. What do I mean by this?

The Cheytac M200 .408 model started it's development as a round, that's right. It's creation came from the need for a bullet that could go further while maintaining the accuracy desired. The .408 round has what they described as ballistic coefficient of 0ver 3000 yards of flight which averages at around .945, this means it stays supersonic up to 2200 yards and has more kinetic energy than a .50 cal round past 400 yards. 

The weapons system as standard is very impressive, but with the attachments I'm planning for the weapon, we can increase it's usability in the field. Night optics, days sights and a suppressor have already been modeled. After this, I'm hoping to create a few feature purely for this weapon system, such as a deployable sniper hide, as well as a remote UAV that can be carried (If possible) within the players backpacks, droped and then activated via a brand new console, 

These feature will mostly likely be a future update to the mod, but I am looking into each of them and designing models based on my ideas. Hopefully with the support of two great people, warlord554 and hitmantwoactual, and anyone who would like to help we will bring you a superb mod.

Please enjoy the wait, but we promise it won't be long until we release the first version.

Here is a small update on the project, 

Firstly thanks to some great help, we are making progress on the textures. At first we couldn't figure out how to get rid of those pesky lines you see in the previous images. So I sent the model and UV's to Warlord554 who has begun superb work on a very nice texture.

buldozer%202015-08-23%2009-12-25-25_zpsnbuldozer%202015-08-23%2009-12-39-52_zpsg

Secondly, I have spent the last few hours working on a new scope. it's created from the first scope we had, except i've added a mount on the scope, and will soon be adding an attachment to it to give the player the option of using a rather unique looking top mounted NVG. 

rjAGFK1.png

While the texture is being worked on I have also taken an interest in this:

G4Central.jpg

But with the difficulties of modelling something that is more organic if you will might be somewhat challenging. Plus the fuss of rigging it.

But I hope your happy with the development so far and hope to keep you guys informed.

Backpacks are some of the easier "organic" assets just because the rigging isn't bad and the shape is still, by and large, squarish. The straps, yeah, take some getting used to. But bags are still a good bridge to start getting into that organic stuff.

Okay guys, So I've begun work on a model of the UAV - known as the SQ-4 RECON and hopefully I'll have WIP pics for you tomorrow or should I say later today.

Here is a preview of the SQ-4:

SQ-4Recon_1.jpg

I'm modelling this out of the possiblity of it being something I can bring to you guys, but If not then maybe someone else can use the model. 

• Like 1

That UAV would be really simple.  ^_^

Okay, morning guys, I'm awake and read to release the first WIP of the SQ-4.

7mYYARi.png

Not much done, I was really tired and I'm suffering with a really bad cold too, so forgive me.....please.

Here it is, will post an update when I've got more work done to it.

Nice to see you progressing with this. Looks good.

Hey sgt m.stonebridge I have a few of my coop group snipers who are REALLY looking forward to this. Keep up the great work and good luck on your progress. As I am now working on my first mod for ARMA I can sympathize with how difficult and how much work goes into this stuff. 

Hey man, thanks. 

At the moment the textures are still being worked on, we don't want to rush this part of development because it's important to make sure that the look and feel of the weapon will be equal and not be let down in any way. 

buldozer%202015-08-23%2022-18-42-34_zpsd

The texture is moving along but due to real life, the time to do it is spread out a little bit. But I hope you guys understand. 

We wish you look on your mod development, It can be a very rewarding process, just put the effort in and don't be afraid to ask around. I'm not alone in this development, I have two great people working with me, so best of luck and I hope to see some good stuff.

Okay guys, small update on the textures, it's coming along nicely, soon we'll have a fully textured weapon to show you.

buldozer%202015-08-29%2019-35-49-33_zpsabuldozer%202015-08-29%2019-35-40-52_zpsj

buldozer%202015-08-30%2018-00-36-70_zpsb

Thanks to warlord554 we now have a really nice looking bolt with a groove effect, he took the time to remodel it and it looks just so fantastic.

Hope you guys like it so far. 

• Like 2

Okay guys, so the textures are coming along really nicely, thanks to warlord554 who's been really hard at work. 

He has done really nice work, here are the WIP images.

buldozer%202015-08-31%2014-16-42-88_zpsnbuldozer%202015-08-31%2014-16-50-45_zpsmbuldozer%202015-09-01%2016-59-47-83_zps7buldozer%202015-09-01%2016-59-58-72_zps0buldozer%202015-09-01%2017-00-53-54_zpskbuldozer%202015-09-01%2017-00-40-42_zpsw

We also have a surprise attachment for you guys, the cover for the suppressor is separate and can be taken on and off at the players discretion, warlord554 has also decided a custom animation is need so I thank him for that also. 

Hope you enjoy guys.

• Like 3

You guys are killing me with these sniper rifles, thankfully  I am getting a new private release of Bakermans Community Ballistics Calculator which now has scripts built in that completely simulate the bullets trajectory in real time exactly like ArmA 3 does. This means I can truly adjust performance to closely match real ballistics at extended ranges. Unfortunately .408 Cheytac is so proprietary that they are the only ones to make the bullets and there are only 2 options available and they are both Solid copper nickel alloy bullets, one is a 305 Grain the other is a 419 Grain with an insanely high G1 Ballistics Coefficient of .949; both will have a damage coefficient of 6 (FMJ has a 5, and OTM has a 4).

Don't even need to do that. The few lines you add are functionally benign without the framework enabled, it's literally no effort to stick it in there for those who have it.

• Like 1

You guys are killing me with these sniper rifles, thankfully  I am getting a new private release of Bakermans Community Ballistics Calculator which now has scripts built in that completely simulate the bullets trajectory in real time exactly like ArmA 3 does. This means I can truly adjust performance to closely match real ballistics at extended ranges. Unfortunately .408 Cheytac is so proprietary that they are the only ones to make the bullets and there are only 2 options available and they are both Solid copper nickel alloy bullets, one is a 305 Grain the other is a 419 Grain with an insanely high G1 Ballistics Coefficient of .949; both will have a damage coefficient of 6 (FMJ has a 5, and OTM has a 4).

Haha spartan you were my next PM for these ballistics. ;) also need .416 and .300winmag mk248 mod 1 for socmod sniper pack, wink wink