Hello,

I'm looking to add a new version of the Cheytac M200 Intervention, with a suppressor and a few new features that add some depth to the weapon. 

Here is the model.

lempfaM.png

I'm looking to add it sooner rather than later but I don't know how to texture, I've asked privately but had no responses, I would appreciate the help of someone who has experience in creating textures, the model is already UV mapped so it just needs textures files and so on.

For now a basic texture like this will do:

935732_382551035197869_835681784_n.jpg

As for the rest of my project I'm looking to add the following. 

1. Adjustable Stock.

2. Usable Bi-pod.

3. New sounds.

4. Able to break down to store easier.

5. Several camo variants.

I'll also be working on adding various attachments for the weapon as I go along.

I would really like help texturing the model as I want it in game as soon as I can, while I have the free time to work on it. 

• Like 7

Do you have your high poly done also? Ready for bakes?. Id glady do it if your models are fully ready

• Like 1

There is a texture tool called "Quixel" wich is a plugin for photoshop and you can make some nice textures there out of low polly objects easy :)

The model itself is around 11k in size. broken down into parts, I have fallen in love with a texture Idea, which is this:

irartesh-ir_139013153811942.jpg

A little to advanced for my lack of skills, but I hope in future to add it as an update, unfortunately I don't use photoshop. I think it's a great software but the price is just a little out of my reach at the moment.

• Like 1

First I need it textured, that's my main goal at this point. After that it's getting everything it needs to be playable in game, I've got a decent amount of work ahead of me.

Taking your time and properly baking pays off big time texture wise....

Example, my newest SOCMOD setup...

buldozer%202015-08-18%2021-38-06-94_zpsl

• Like 6

Example, my newest SOCMOD setup...

buldozer%202015-08-18%2021-38-06-94_zpsl

This needs to have some animations and 110% needed in game! 

That sounds normal. You can only fire at targets, IE vehicles and AI or player units. You cannot fire just at the ground. Also, it prevents you from shooting at ground targets by default. There is a configuration to change this if you wish. Spawn a helicopter and have it fly over you and aim directly at it while firing. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Example, my newest SOCMOD setup...buldozer%202015-08-18%2021-38-06-94_zpsl

That's Purdy. .. love the forward mounted nvg and surefire muzzle brake
  • Like 1

This is just a small update, thanks to a friend and some hard work the model now has a basic material texture. This is just a small step in the fight against my lack of experience. 1-0. 

w9m4xY6.png

Hopefully with a little bit of work I can test the model to see if it loads into game, tried loading it into bulldozer but got back an error so currently looking into that.

I hope this keeps you guys interested on the development, any support is welcome and accepted.

• Like 2

Looks great... I like the dull shine on the suppressor

Well I'm revising the textures right now, we're going to remove the model lines tomorrow which should also help. I want to make a muddy version just for kicks though.

Very cool! What 3D program you using?

This is coming along quick. Way to go. I was planning on doing my own Sniper Rifle that has the option of breaking it down for smaller storage into a pack. It is a long ways out though.

Looking forward to this. Cool stuff.

Hello,

Well guys while I had a moment free from the texture side of things I've spent the last two hours modelling a new scope to start on the attachments for the M200. 

Here it is:

DVX6Lc8.png

It's as close as I could get it to the M845 MK4 NV Scope, no textures yet, need to know a few things first but I hope it pleases those of you who are looking forward to the mod.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, we are looking into the reason as to why the lines are still visible. We are working non stop to remedy such an injustice upon our textures.

:D

Thank you,

I'm hoping to try three options,

First: Having a small system as to were the player takes the weapon apart piece by piece, like you would in real life, then store it in a small gun case inside the players backpack.

Second: Is basic, just a scroll wheel option to dismantle the weapon and store it inside the backpack, A lot more boring.

Third: I would rather take this option, which is using the same Idea as 3CB's sling helmet, but have it for the weapon, and have the weapon slung onto a players backpack therefore allowing the quicker swapping of main weapons.

I am also hoping to add a few features that will give a unique feel to playing as a sniper.

• Like 1

Thank you,

I'm hoping to try three options,

First: Having a small system as to were the player takes the weapon apart piece by piece, like you would in real life, then store it in a small gun case inside the players backpack.

Second: Is basic, just a scroll wheel option to dismantle the weapon and store it inside the backpack, A lot more boring.

Third: I would rather take this option, which is using the same Idea as 3CB's sling helmet, but have it for the weapon, and have the weapon slung onto a players backpack therefore allowing the quicker swapping of main weapons.

I am also hoping to add a few features that will give a unique feel to playing as a sniper.

Stonebridge,

I agree with you, COA 3 is a superb option.However I, respectfully, recommend using COA 2 during your initial release phases. it will keep things simple and allow us to give you some quick feedback on an already great project!!

Great work BTW :)

Looking great, hit me up if you need any help with it.

Looking great, hit me up if you need any help with it.

We're always happy to have help with the mod, we have a lot we're looking into, and not all of it we know how to do yet.