Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Thanks for the answer.

The track-ir issue and the "jump off" action are not working right now. Plus a few other small fix.

These both appear to be fixed and you should see them in the next major public release

Nice to hear, looking forward - thanks!

I just hope the update adding new, smooth animations and stances showcased a while back will come soon enough.

So at this point really can't wait for the next major public release, really can't wait

Can i use Visitor 4 for making maps for Arma3? Is it compatible?

It's possible.

Are there some 2.0 PE users around here, that like to have funny time with other users in an MP coop night on VBS2 ?

Do you have to buy 2 VBS2 PE licences in order to have one machine running as a dedicated server and the other as a host?

I did not read the last 70 pages so forgive me if this has already been answered but i am curios as to what engine powers VBS2?

As of VBS2 2.0 it is on the Real Virtuality 3 engine (Arma2/Arma2OA/TakeOn)

VBS2 1.x is/was Real Virtuality 2. (Arma1)

thank you

Do you have to buy 2 VBS2 PE licences in order to have one machine running as a dedicated server and the other as a host?

no you can create a dedi your own (but hosted on your machine) using the VBS2 launcher, and it is very simple to do ;) for more details check the wiki related to vbs2 dedi server

guess this is kinda ontopic here, came accross some old photo's (2010) from our gaming group at the dutch military forces (they use VBS2 for tactical training)

(links due to image size)

the group:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-94SadFaVpQw/UazmZkIVKzI/AAAAAAAADpo/ygRvIbVWHjs/w1161-h871-no/DSCF1894.JPG

mission:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Oy28-ndx_jE/UazmdQu0C2I/AAAAAAAADqQ/BLrlJCVfYnE/w1161-h871-no/DSCF1903.JPG

even then the last man standing:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tTeKczdAMkU/UazmdqWm01I/AAAAAAAADqU/M8mXQ2JFNe4/w1161-h871-no/DSCF1909.JPG

Does anyone know where I can find classnames for USAL/JCOVE Lite. I have tried using arma 1, VBS2 1.3 and VBS2 latest classnames for ammo/weapons but it says no entry in bin.config for almost everything, only found [vbs2_mag_30rnd_545x39_Ball_ak74] that works so far.

Edited by Spikes746

Our ITEC 2013 Video that features all of the latest enhancements and capabilities in VBS2 2.0

I tried yesterday and it's really good now, the sim is much more nicer and we can finally use the HALOjumper and diver!

We also have the brand new US soldier, dutch army and Takistan :)

How is AI vs. A2/3?

Did they add new animation system that was showcased almost half a year ago?

(And when will BISim learn about this thing called "patch" so a poor me won't have to download 20 gigs from their slow server that also seems to hate my location)

Ive played a few fire fights in the editor and the AI is much better. Its a lot more intense now.

Thanks alot.

Grabbing the update now, the new stuff looks great :)

Yeah 2.12 is great, AI rocks and AI team members behaves like real soldiers, in new HD US MTP soldiers there's a face that looks like Tom Hanks lol, and the new tanks 3d interiors are awesome

Edited by Simon1279

How is AI vs. A2/3?

Did they add new animation system that was showcased almost half a year ago?

(And when will BISim learn about this thing called "patch" so a poor me won't have to download 20 gigs from their slow server that also seems to hate my location)

Not quite sure which animations your talking about but many animations have changed.