DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

I encountered two issues updating modules to RC:

# http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27915- set3DENAttributes and init doesn't seem to work, the resulting init has quotes around it

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27916- connectionChange3DEN event is either not generated or not recognized by the module

Somewhat off-topic: I've used the module system to place planes and other vehicles and units on the Nimitz. Now with Eden it makes much more sense to do this in edit time. I do wonder if creating an Eden mod for that would be more appropriate than the module approach? 

In general looks like an excellent update, Eden is working really well from what I've seen.

Not sure if it's meant to be but when I copy to clipboard a units position, it does not accurately copy the z height and seems to default to ground level.

Just passing by to confirm that module attributes based on Boolean values now work in Eden, although there is still one tiny issue : default values aren't applied when placing the module.

I have a module with two options, the first one should be set to "no/false" and the other one to "yes/true".

However both options are set to True when opening the attributes tab; not a big deal though, user-defined values are correctly registered.

Really love this Eden update so far! Congrats guys!

Possible RC / current stable bug: toggling bipods fast sometimes produces no sound. Just keep pressing that C button and you'll notice.

A few observations: Tried to start the campaign. I noticed that after the Green on Blue, Adams starts reporting targets that are really far away, like "Man, 1 km" or similar. I haven't noticed that before.

Also, shortly thereafter, he does this:

And he won't stop. Save and reload doesn't help

A change with the current RC which I at least find problematic, it appears something has changed in the precedence of inputs.

I have my middle mouse button bound to both keyOpticsMode *and* keyActionContext. In current Stable (and previously) this worked fine, if the action menu was displayed it selected the highlighted action, if the action menu was not shown it switched optics mode. In the RC it only switches optics mode whether the action menu is shown or not.

EDIT: Correction, still works with the action menu but no longer for the AI command menu.

it appears something has changed in the precedence of inputs.

Its a shame it really is, I've mentioned it recently in Dev General Discussion and now it looks like its going to make it into Stable.

There are two great things about Armas control setup. One is that there are plenty of settings to be able to play how you want..

Want separate keys for Primary/Secondary/Handgun you can.

Want to toggle between primary/handgun and separate for secondary, you can.

Want separate keys for stand/crouch/prone you can

Want to toggle stand/crouch and separate for prone you can

Second is that the same key can be used for multiple bindings and its use will be overridden dependant on context.

Like defunkt's example above the new changes to the control scheme mean you can no longer use primary mouse button to select the currently highlighted menu option.

Even though primary mouse is still in my selection for 'Use selected Action' it is completely ignored and instead of being able to open my command menu and click on a unit and order him to move somewhere i am now forced to use yet another key to accomplish this, not to mention that I now keep shooting my subordinates because Years of muscle memory has now been taken away.

Its great that you are starting to take note of general usability but please whilst your doing this do not take away functionality that many of us have been use to for many years.

I will also mention here the other thing of note from my Dev General post, The 'Open Menu(#)' controls.

They are toggles, as in using Open Menu(Move) for instance but then realising you actually needed Open Menu(Target), you need to press the second key twice, once to remove the Move menu then again to bring up the Target menu.

It would make a whole lot more sense that each key, no matter what is already displayed, would display its menu immediately.

• Like 3

arma3 1.56/1.58

hiii i  some reported on the feedback bug discovered in 1.54 

this bug is always present.

i programing actualy a first submarine simulation for arma3 :)

and i  encoutering a bug when my submarine is fully underwater, the submarine c'ant foward and is stuck.

problem solved this bug is occured by colision with p3d models submarine and all underwater spécies ;)

i  use a delete spécies script for disable colisions.

_unit = _this select 0;

true spawn {
waitUntil {
{
if(agent _x isKindOf "Tuna_F" || agent _x isKindOf "CatShark_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Salema_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Mackerel_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Mullet_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Turtle_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Ornate_random_F") then 
                        {
agent _x disableCollisionWith vehicle player;
};
} forEach agents;

sleep 0.01; false;
};
};

and this fix a bug i sugest you remove a underwater spécies geo colisions for fix this bug with all p3d ;)

this bug is really strange because i d'ont use a physx simulation for my submarines but simulation ="ship";

i encoutering one other major issue with my import of mod to arma2 oa on arma3.

its a ui bug when i want importing the ui.

this ui required functions module  (the ui is using BIS_fnc-commands) on arma2 oa.

i have read this fuction is auto loaded in A3. that is true?

this information can help me for begin my search of problem :)

i see also a simulation "ship" hitparts do no affect a ship.

when the engine is destroyed a ship can move,when the rudders is destroyed a submarine can turn :)

i sugest also add more hitparts for simulation = "ship" ;)

for exemple:

class HitPoints {

class HitHull
                {
                armor = 1;
                material = 50;
                name = "hull";
                visual = "";
                passThrough = 1;
                //explosionShielding = 2;
                radius = 0.1;
                displayName = "Structural-armor";
                };

class HitEngine {
armor = 1;
material = 60;
name = "engine";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="engine";
passThrough = 1;
                        explosionSHielding=2;
                        depends = "0.5 * (HitEngine1 + HitEngine2)";
                        displayName = "Engines (Diesels-Electrical)";

};

class HitEngine1:HitEngine {
armor = 0.2;
material = 60;
name = "helice_g";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="helice_g";
passThrough = 1;
                        //explosionSHielding=1;
                        radius = 0.1;
                        displayName = "Propeller (left)";
};

class HitEngine2:HitEngine1 {

armor = 0.2;
material = 60;
name = "helice_d";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="helice_d";
passThrough = 1;
                        //explosionSHielding=1;
                        radius = 0.1;
                        displayName = "Propeller (right)";
};

class Hitruder1 {
armor = 0.2;
material = 60;
name = "gouv_d";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="ruder1";
passThrough = 1;
                        //explosionSHielding=1;
                        radius = 0.1;
                        displayName = "Rudder (right)";
};

class Hitruder2:Hitruder1 {
armor = 0.2;
material = 60;
name = "gouv_g";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="ruder2";
passThrough = 1;
                        //explosionSHielding=1;
                        radius = 0.1;
                        displayName = "Rudder (left)";
};
class Hitruders {
armor = 1;
material = 60;
name = "engine";
visual = "";
                        convexComponent="ruders";
passThrough = 1;
                        explosionSHielding=2;
                        depends = "0.5 * (Hitruder1 + Hitruder2)";
                        displayName = "Ruders";

};

why not check the Arma 3 default config of it's submersible vehicle ?

hi dwarden i checked a basic config of ship sample config

and boat_f config.

whats did you mean to check exatly pls? :)

I've been using 1.58 RC for a day or so with no issues.  Then a Steam update to the RC (~250 MB?) was downloaded a few hours ago (mid-afternoon US GMT -7 23/3/16), and I started getting this error on screen (and in rpt) when using Eden editor.  The error occurs extremely often.  Happens in vanilla and with CUP+CBA loaded.

diag_codePerformance [compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
17:48:19   Error position: <[compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
17:48:19   Error Missing ;
17:48:19 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_codePerformance.sqf, line 28
17:48:19 Error in expression <[displayNull]]
];

I've been using 1.58 RC for a day or so with no issues.  Then a Steam update to the RC (~250 MB?) was downloaded a few hours ago (mid-afternoon US GMT -7 23/3/16), and I started getting this error on screen (and in rpt) when using Eden editor.  The error occurs extremely often.  Happens in vanilla and with CUP+CBA loaded.

diag_codePerformance [compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
17:48:19   Error position: <[compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
17:48:19   Error Missing ;
17:48:19 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_codePerformance.sqf, line 28
17:48:19 Error in expression <[displayNull]]
];

Same.

Thanks a lot for the report, we are working on solving this issue, it should be fine possibly even today :icon_twisted:

• Like 3

Using RC, I cannot get addRating command to work at all in triggers (e.g. "player addRating 1000;"), in that the rating on debriefing screen will never show the added value.

I also have  been completely unsuccessful in getting the "Object Modifiers / Add Rating / Score" module to work in Eden editor.  Perhaps the issue is related to poor/non-existent instructions on how to use the module, and I am thus not using it properly.  However, others have had similar trouble getting the module to work:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/141427-add-ratingscore-module/

I am using BIS_fnc_endMission for debriefing.

I strongly feel that a graphical tutorial (with examples from Eden) on how to use the (awesome) new task-related modules should be added to Biki.  The current Task Overhaul provides a good reason to tackle such a tutorial.  On the other hand, perhaps such a tutorial exists and I have missed it.  Most likely one could find such things on YouTube, but it belongs in Biki.

hi dwarden i checked a basic config of ship sample config

and boat_f config.

whats did you mean to check exatly pls? :)

I think Dwarden speaks about the SDV submarine : B_SDV_01_F.

Using RC, I cannot get addRating command to work at all in triggers (e.g. "player addRating 1000;"), in that the rating on debriefing screen will never show the added value.

I also have  been completely unsuccessful in getting the "Object Modifiers / Add Rating / Score" module to work in Eden editor.  Perhaps the issue is related to poor/non-existent instructions on how to use the module, and I am thus not using it properly.

Speaking of modules : ever since the Eden update, descriptions for my modules don't show up anymore - I noticed the same with Alive modules.

The only modules that still have descriptions are the Zeus ones, but I couldn't find what needs to be done in the config to achieve that.

Are there new guidelines for module configurations with Eden?

I think Dwarden speaks about the SDV submarine : B_SDV_01_F.

hummm... we mean a no physx vehicle and svd is a physx vehicle ;)

I know you guys make this game run faster, and i'm very thankful for that. I meet strange issue with my GPU coils - its whistling when i look on the ground (or ground cover 60% of screen), look through binoculars, or optics. Issue is very annoying, as its most of time in A3.  I tested other games - there are no issues.  Also i checked Vsync - no matter if its ON or OFF - coils are still whistling. I got 30-60FPS, if there is "really hot" in game i got 25 FPS for while. Any advice in Radeon settings maybe?

My hardware is :
Radeon r9 270oc 2gb
i5 3,5Ghz x4
7200RPM 1TB HDD

I'm getting

18:30:02 Error in expression <["_returnDistance", false]];
_area = +_area call BIS_fnc_getArea; 
_pos = _po>
18:30:02   Error position: <+_area call BIS_fnc_getArea; 
_pos = _po>
18:30:02   Error +: Type Object, expected Number,Array,Not a Number
18:30:02 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_inTrigger.sqf, line 24

when I pass a trigger object to BIS_fnc_randomPos. It doesn't happen in Stable branch.

Live feeds, including Live Feed effects ([] call BIS_fnc_liveFeedEffects;), work perfectly via scripting using 1.58 RC.  However, I cannot get the Other/Live Feed - Effects module to work in Eden.  In Eden, after starting the Live Feed - Init module via a radio trigger, the Effects module always throws this error:

private ["_mode"];
_mode = _this param [0, 0, [0]];
if (_mode > 2) exitWi>
 7:57:05   Error position: <param [0, 0, [0]];
if (_mode > 2) exitWi>
 7:57:05   Error Type String, expected Number
 7:57:05 File A3\functions_f\GUI\fn_liveFeedEffects.sqf, line 15

onto screen and into rpt.  Perhaps I am using the module incorrectly (e.g. syncing it to wrong object or module), but cannot find instructions as to how to use it in the editor.  I have tried syncing it to nearly everything, or not syncing it, and it won't work, always throwing error.

Bug: incorrect number of soldier group in the lobby MP game. It differs from that shown in the 3den.

• Like 1