Sign in to follow this  
finney2@bigpond.net.au

No green boxes on enemy as you approach them from the air.

Hi all

I have tried searching for this issue both here and good ole Google and either not getting the key words right or can not find a a topic on this issue.

As the title states, I do not get any green boxes on enemy vehicles as I appraoch them from the air. I seem to recall they use to show and in Arma 2 they do have green boxes as I approach. I have watched may videos of others fyling and they seem to get the green box.

I have tried to do the air showcase and no green box. The target does show on the HUD radar and to top it all off, using the default "T" key to lock on targets does not seem to work. Yes I have tried to rebind it several times with no luck. If I use the default "R" cycle targets key, I will eventually lock on the target, but no green box around enemy vehicles.

I have treid setting the default setting to default and key binds to default and still no green boxes.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

attached are some images to show the issue.

s4Gj8JB.jpg

OU11OyV.jpg

knPLcHQ.jpg

9VeMP4o.jpg

5Gj5KQw.jpg

Isn't the 'lack of green lock-on boxes' just because the default UI colour is white and not green now? So the white box/triangle combination denotes the lock-on as illustrated in your first, third and fifth images.

If I'm wrong in the above statement, the follow-up question is are you using any mods? I ask this as I believe ACE3 (and a few other mods in combination) have broken (and are aware they have broken) the air-to-air and air-to-ground missile-lock functionality. If this is default behaviour (i.e. without any mods what-so-ever) then something else is very wrong...

Hi Jackal

It is not the "lock on box" that is suppose to be green (as far as I am aware). Lets say there are like 4 enemy vehicles parked there. All four vehicles should have or a green box around each one indicating a potential enemy vehicle. Once locked on there should be a white box with a diamond in it like shown in pic 1,2 and 4 indicating that the targeting system is "LOCKED ON".

On image 2 there should be a green box around the vehicle and it cleary shows there is not.

This is running in vanilla and no mods activated. I do run mods but for this excercise I am not.

Do me a favor and fly your plane with some enemy vehicles on the ground and see if you get the green boxes show up around them. Would appreciate the feed back.

Thanks for your input regardless.

Not sure how I FUBAR my forum name with my email addy, can a moderator help me with correcting this?

Well none of the ingame planes present a HUD system like that for me (with and without the mods I use). That said, it may be this mod or another similar HUD mod as even the rest of the layout isn't present for me in any jet.

Has anyone found fix for this? I'm having the same problem in vanilla.

I have the same problem and can't figure it out "no green boxes around any targets" planes or helicopters. I have a great computer with a great video card. mostly everything is set to ultra with a FPS at 75. has anyone found a fix for this. Thanks in advance

Blantly disregarding th necro ... ;D

As previous posters already mentioned: Vanilla doesn't dont have the green boxes so there is no "fix" for this. It has nothing to do with your computer and it specs.

Download the mod that renders the boxes and you will have them. Probably something in the lines of http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26449or http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26351

• Like 1