Oh if we're doing requests now, CUP are missing some Takistani civilians... 

No but seriously you guys, thank you for all the work you put into this game. There's not many missions I make that don't include at least something from RHS. We all have things on our wishlists, but ARMA wouldn't be the same without all the work you guys have put into it. 

Thank you.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Noble Jade Falcon said:

Hello all,

I've been having some trouble with the gunner on RHS helicopters.  The AI refuses to use the ATGM.  I'll lock a  target (say, a tank), but the AI won't aim the missile at the target.  If I fire the rocket it merely goes out unguided, despite having a "lock".  The helicopter gunner will however attempt to engage a tank with the cannon, but that usually doesn't go well.  The gunner works fine on the base helicopters.   I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mods, only running RHS, nothing seems to fix this problem.  I reported the bug as well, but they couldn't replicate it.  If it would help, I can upload a video later of the glitch.  (occasionally the missile will fire guided, but only if I'm really close to the target.)

As a further note, I do not have any of the paid ArmA DLC.  Would it help if I got it, particularly helicopters? 

BIS have fixed the "manual guidance" for AI missiles, but RHS hasn't updated since then, and it seems that the fix didn't work for them (it did for CUP, for whatever reason). This needs to be fixed, and probably is in the internal build, but you need to wait for the actual release to see it.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

RE: RHS Helicopters AI Control

Huge fan - obviously - of all your work and greatly appreciate your efforts...

Been working on some scripts for an airborne assault - came across something during the process - that may or may not be my issue... I can repro without scripts...

The RHS Apache and RHS Sea Cobra will take off and just continue to steady climb indefinitely (at least as long as my patience last) with simple MOVE waypoints - you can't force it low with flyinHeight - as it just ignores it and continues its perpetual climb... As a test - the Vanilla Comanche, 3CB Merlin's and 3CB Wildcat's behave normally and do not exhibit this problem... I tested the CUP Apache and 3CB Apache as well - they all have the same issue - while other helicopters behave fine...

In addition - the slicks (MH-60's, and UH-1Y) seem to have a different issue... They seem easily confused at MOVE waypoints - randomly circle - arbitrarily  - bounce up and down when landing - attempt to drop off troops kilometers from any UNLOAD or TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoints - although they do maintain proper altitude... Again tested the same assets against Vanilla MH-80, 3CB Merlin, 3CB, Wildcat, CUP SH-60 - which all behave normally without the issues...

The issues seem widespread and the 3CB guys confirmed the Apache issues when I reported to them - they can reproduce... For example - some assets in CUP work - others do not... Vanilla seems to be the only one without issues that I've seen... So I can give fairly confident examples of which helicopters work (of the ones tested) and which do not - obviously - I haven't tested every helicopter...

Posted below are (3) simple "repro" missions comparisons - identical in all aspects except for the assets used (RHS US Marines, RHS US Army, Vanilla) using my scripts that's not compressed - again - I can do the same without scripts - this is just a time saver to see the issue... You'll see the RHS gunships shoot for orbit - albeit - slowly... Same waypoint instructions issued in all scenarios - simple MOVE waypoints with flyinHeight = 50...

Radio Trigger India launches the gunships.

Radio Trigger Juliet issues an RTB for the gunships.

Radio Trigger Alpha launches the slicks on insertion mission.

I've spent a ton of hours testing this - hope the information is of some use to you...

Thanks for all you do...

Mission Repro Vanilla

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8g69dbw8ztpyyp/SCO_SctiptTestVan.Altis.zip?dl=0

Mission Repro RHS US Army

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd288k14whqfsfu/SCO_SctiptTestRhs.Altis.zip?dl=0

Mission Repro RHS US Marines

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uxj49pdcrrhvrw/SCO_SctiptTestRhsM.Altis.zip?dl=0

Mission Repro BAF 3CB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p1ntka6eo407g1/SCO_SctiptTest3cb.Altis.zip?dl=0

Mission Repro CUP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1jl3xns85h93dx/SCO_SctiptTestCup.Altis.zip?dl=0

NOTE: Added all my tests for reference - if desired...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

The RHS Apache and RHS Sea Cobra will take off and just continue to steady climb indefinitely (at least as long as my patience last) with simple MOVE waypoints - you can't force it low with flyinHeight - as it just ignores it and continues its perpetual climb. 

This sounds very similar to the problem the Unsung mod had with their helicopters. Apparently it was caused by faulty geo lods or something which prevented the helo pilot AI from "seeing" around it. They found a way to fix the problem so maybe ot will help to check from them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scottb613 said:

*bug report*

Good detail in this.

You might want to throw it here so the staff can address if, if it hasn't been done already.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

Good detail in this.

You might want to throw it here so the staff can address if, if it hasn't been done already.

Thanks - done...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

On 23-8-2017 at 7:54 PM, Noble Jade Falcon said:

Hello all,

I've been having some trouble with the gunner on RHS helicopters.  The AI refuses to use the ATGM.  I'll lock a  target (say, a tank), but the AI won't aim the missile at the target.  If I fire the rocket it merely goes out unguided, despite having a "lock".  The helicopter gunner will however attempt to engage a tank with the cannon, but that usually doesn't go well.  The gunner works fine on the base helicopters.   I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mods, only running RHS, nothing seems to fix this problem.  I reported the bug as well, but they couldn't replicate it.  If it would help, I can upload a video later of the glitch.  (occasionally the missile will fire guided, but only if I'm really close to the target.)

As a further note, I do not have any of the paid ArmA DLC.  Would it help if I got it, particularly helicopters? 

This problem was already brought to light in May, where the missiles inheriting from the Macer variants bugged it out in the 1.70 update. However in the meantime (almost September) no update/hotfix has been released, leaving them useless for most of the time.
Personally had to uninstall the mod for the unit because the attack helicopter wouldn't function in the ways intended (Radar guided and laser guided both failing to lock-on or reach target, only the M320 worked flawless)

Ah, that's the problem. They inherit from Macer, which lost its manual guidance and is now pure IR. CUP missiles must inherit from Scalpel, which now has it working properly.

Next patch will bring also some new and improved small arms for the Russian infantry to play with, I'll leave to you guys to spot the changes.and new models  ;)

2.png

• Like 33

A Kobra on rails eh? I wonder what other attachments have been Picatinny-fied...

I've been working on a custom faction config and I was wondering what I should do in a child config of a BMP/BMD to hide the ATGM launcher by default? Additionally I was wondering how I could have a different unit class as driver and gunner like is done in the RHS tanks.

3 hours ago, Commie Pinko said:

I've been working on a custom faction config and I was wondering what I should do in a child config of a BMP/BMD to hide the ATGM launcher by default? Additionally I was wondering how I could have a different unit class as driver and gunner like is done in the RHS tanks.

yup, child config would be safest thing here.

as for different crew - you need to to use gunnerType parameter inside turret config - see GREF configs for reference

Any idea what face the guy on the left used, with the mustache?

That firemode switch doesn't look like the most egronomic thing in the world (unless it's present on both sides). :) Then again, this was never the AK's strong side...

8 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

That firemode switch doesn't look like the most egronomic thing in the world (unless it's present on both sides). :) Then again, this was never the AK's strong side...

??? Its very good feature.

3 hours ago, Neviothr said:

Any idea what face the guy on the left used, with the mustache?

I think it's one of the new ones from the Laws of War (Orange) DLC:- Gavras (GreekHead_A3_11).

29 minutes ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Does it come with rails too?

@Redphoenix modelled a picatinny-railed dust cover for mounting optics. Those will be in RHS, additional to the original Sa vz. 58V and vz. 58P rifle models supplied by Elena Bolshevykh

• Like 1

Any chance of throwing in that Winchester, as well? :) Just kidding, I hope it's not the last of her contributions, though.

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

I think it's one of the new ones from the Laws of War (Orange) DLC:- Gavras (GreekHead_A3_11).

@Redphoenix modelled a picatinny-railed dust cover for mounting optics. Those will be in RHS, additional to the original Sa vz. 58V and vz. 58P rifle models supplied by Elena Bolshevykh

Thanks.