4 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

RHS feature, it was already tweaked. ;)

In general ground vehicles like tanks in real life can engage low and slow flying aircrafts/helicopters with their main armament, it simply neads some tweaking.

Ah, thanks for the answer :D

6 hours ago, orcinus said:

Woo, go for it/it :)

Believe him, morons. These people have spent, and continue to spend, hours of unpaid time and professional level expertise, skill, and creativity to GIVE this community outstanding content.

Even if you are too narcicisstic to show them some gratitude, show them respect.

Or 'go forth and multiply' .

Please don't call other members morons, it's flame baiting, use the report function if the post is deemed worth of one, thanks.

• Like 1

tb9sUsT.png

Can't thank you enough for the update!
It's just the breath of fresh air we've been waiting for in my unit.
Ultranationalists are probably my favourite insurgent/rebel faction, too.
Such a diverse selection now, with the new SAF gear!

• Like 2

Hi RHS team. 

Thanks for the amazing update. I see the C130 now has a "Control Panel" with which you can activate certain functions.

Can you point me in a direction where I can find the scripting commands to change these settings or where should Iook in the cfgVehicle to find the commands?

Lastly is it possible to remove or disable the "Control Panel" action prompt in the C130?

Thank you

Twak

20 minutes ago, twakkie said:

Hi RHS team. 

Thanks for the amazing update. I see the C130 now has a "Control Panel" with which you can activate certain functions.

Can you point me in a direction where I can find the scripting commands to change these settings or where should Iook in the cfgVehicle to find the commands?

Lastly is it possible to remove or disable the "Control Panel" action prompt in the C130?

Thank you

Twak

Why would you want to change these?  :h: someone went to all the bother of creating them in the first place, don't you think that you're being a little bit disingenuous to the creator by asking him for directions on changing them?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, road runner said:

Why would you want to change these?  :h: someone went to all the bother of creating them in the first place, don't you think that you're being a little bit disingenuous to the creator by asking him for directions on changing them?

I dont understand your question? I am not criticizing or complaining that he created it. Its amazing work and I love it but I dont want the passengers meddling with the rear door, jump lights etc before the actual para-drop zone? And I want to script in when within a certain radius of markerPos the jump light must come on and the rear door opens. Why is this an issue?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, twakkie said:

I dont understand your question? I am not criticizing or complaining that he created it. Its amazing work and I love it but I dont want the passengers meddling with the rear door, jump lights etc before the actual para-drop zone? And I want to script in when within a certain radius of markerPos the jump light must come on and the rear door opens. Why is this an issue?

That's not what you asked for in the first place, you didn't actually explain why you wanted to change the settings, hence why I was questioning why you wanted to change it.

The player controls the panel anywaty, not the AI.

If by passengers you mean other Human players, then it's down to you to restrict who does what, where when and why, if you're the leader of the group.

If you want to work to the scripts advantage, then create triggers that say something like "Red On" which then tells the player to turn on the red jump light.

Then 2 minutes out create another one that says something like "standby" which then tells the player to get ready to switch the green on

Then when you reach the DZ, you have a 3rd trigger that says " Red On, Green On Go Go Go"  then the player switches the green on and everyone jumps.

That's how I did it before using the excellent RHS Paradrop script, when there was no physical lights. 

Ideally their Paradrop script may possibly encompass the jump lights in the future, I've not tested to see if there's any changes.

In Multiplayer/Co-OP, prior to launching the mission, you should work as a team, with designated responsibilities, such as who is responsible for doing what, as I said.

Your question makes a little bit more sense after you've explained it better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, road runner said:

That's not what you asked for in the first place, you didn't actually explain why you wanted to change the settings, hence why I was questioning why you wanted to change it.

*snip*

I didnt explain exactly what I wanted to do because I felt it unnecessary and would be too long and imo unnecessary. This forum continuously ask the users to respect the rules by being concise and to the point without requesting new features or assets. I thought by keeping the question simple and short without a long and overly complicated explanation I would be seen as respectful. In hindsight I could have been more clear but regardless if you want full details on why I want these commands I will explain it in full.

I am working on an alternative to a teleportation script for my community. Where instead of using a flagpole or whatnot to teleport players to your group leader when joining late or because of a ARMA-suicide, you will be moved to a transport vehicle and air dropped over the general region of the group leader. The player in the c130, who will be moved into the cargo bay, would not be allowed to do anything up until certain prompts are given to him when certain 2D distances are reached. First "Get Ready" (to wake up the player), then "Stand Up" (where the player must move into the back of c130 and the c130 will open its loading bay) and then "Go" (where the light will turn green and the player must walk off the cargo ramp). There are other small things that needs to happen but doesnt involve the c130. 

So yes, the method you are explaining will work great for other applications such as group drops etc, which we will do in the future and wont need these restrictions, but for this application it wont work exactly the same and I would prefer it if the user cant interact with the Control Panel.

Thus I asked is it possible to disable or remove control panel action. And where can I find the light animation? Same as the door animation under cfgVehicle > animations. 

Hope this clears everything up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Forgive my youthful ignorance... But this kind of looks like it was ripped from RHS. Same textures, even the same point on the sling swivel. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21466/?

I just thought you should know, I hope it wasn't stolen. 

This one is fine, it was given with the permission of the author.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Damian90 said:

RHS feature, it was already tweaked. ;)

In general ground vehicles like tanks in real life can engage low and slow flying aircrafts/helicopters with their main armament, it simply needs some tweaking.

Including their main cannon if they can do a bloody hit ;)

(120mm M256 if i remember well?)

240763201701222332251.jpg

Was quite surprised, but i'm pretty sure that the AI also used their tank main cannons at several occasions against flying helicopters lately. Is this a part of the things recently tweaked?

• Like 1

@Megiddo

Yup, in 0.4.2. there was added script for handling AI magazine switching & marking LRF checks. You can see now that Shtora reacts to i.e. AI M1 tanks laser range finder & tanks can reload HE rounds if they are facing enemy infantry. The part of that change was making tanks able to use ATGM & HEAT rounds against air assets like in real life. The problem was with some values since AI was able to fire at relatively fast (>80km/h) flying vehicles. I changed those values to about ~35km/h for HEATs & 80km/h for ATGMs, which should prevent that AI cheating with uber fire control systems

• Like 10

This sounds reasonable. 80km/h is around highway speed, so it shouldn't matter if it's a car or a helo going at that speed. Gun would probably have trouble (hard to score a direct hit and no proximity detonation against air, plus FCS not designed for it), but ATGMs definitely shouldn't. Infantry ATGMs like Javelin can engage low flying helos as well.

Which missiles in game -can jamed by shtora?

And questions to devs. Are you planing to make special waypoint for TU 95 MS like you did for Tockha U ?

Out of curiosity, is it an RHS problem or an 3den problem that setting the camo of a vehicle placed (through right clicking on the object -> change appearance) that the vehicle doesn't actually take the new camo? For example, I set the Ural to take the "Sand" camo, but it still had the green camo both in 3den and when I was actually running the mission.

I'm running the 4 RHS packages on steam workshop, CBA and CUP Terrains.

9 hours ago, twakkie said:

Hi RHS team. 

Thank you

Twak

There is no such option atm

3 hours ago, sammael said:

Which missiles in game -can jamed by shtora?

And questions to devs. Are you planing to make special waypoint for TU 95 MS like you did for Tockha U ?

There is already Tu-95 Fire waypoint

1 hour ago, gossamersolid said:

Out of curiosity, is it an RHS problem or an 3den problem that setting the camo of a vehicle placed (through right clicking on the object -> change appearance) that the vehicle doesn't actually take the new camo? For example, I set the Ural to take the "Sand" camo, but it still had the green camo both in 3den and when I was actually running the mission.

I'm running the 4 RHS packages on steam workshop, CBA and CUP Terrains.

Eden doesn't seems to like our decal system unfortunately so you have to use change textures option available in attributes

• Like 3

Found a small bug, "safe" mode doesn't seem to work in G36 rifles. It seems to work on M21S, at least, so it's probably an isolated oversight.

Greetings.  

Tried emailing the group on the website a couple of weeks ago and have not had a response back. I am interested in looking at what values are being used for the flight model for the UH-1Y. I know they are different from the original A2 Import. Been digging around and not sure where they are being called from for the STD / MG/FFAR and / FFAR versions.  I cannot for the life of me see it, however it seems also the pitch effectiveness of the UH-1Y has been dampened. 

Anyone familiar with where in the config this is located or is it being referenced ? 

This is for my own devices and keeping it all to myself. You can PM me if you want.

Also wonderful new lighting effects and a huge fan of the new Anti-Collision lights / Beacons on all of the helicopters and the brilliant new lighting and red cabin lighting. Great work as always.

Thanks guys.

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

20 hours ago, twakkie said:

I didnt explain exactly what I wanted to do because I felt it unnecessary and would be too long and imo unnecessary. This forum continuously ask the users to respect the rules by being concise and to the point without requesting new features or assets. I thought by keeping the question simple and short without a long and overly complicated explanation I would be seen as respectful. In hindsight I could have been more clear but regardless if you want full details on why I want these commands I will explain it in full.

I am working on an alternative to a teleportation script for my community. Where instead of using a flagpole or whatnot to teleport players to your group leader when joining late or because of a ARMA-suicide, you will be moved to a transport vehicle and air dropped over the general region of the group leader. The player in the c130, who will be moved into the cargo bay, would not be allowed to do anything up until certain prompts are given to him when certain 2D distances are reached. First "Get Ready" (to wake up the player), then "Stand Up" (where the player must move into the back of c130 and the c130 will open its loading bay) and then "Go" (where the light will turn green and the player must walk off the cargo ramp). There are other small things that needs to happen but doesnt involve the c130. 

So yes, the method you are explaining will work great for other applications such as group drops etc, which we will do in the future and wont need these restrictions, but for this application it wont work exactly the same and I would prefer it if the user cant interact with the Control Panel.

Thus I asked is it possible to disable or remove control panel action. And where can I find the light animation? Same as the door animation under cfgVehicle > animations. 

Hope this clears everything up.

If you go into the config viewer, configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "RHS_C130J", there is some functionality listed under both Attributes and UserActions. I do single-player missions, so it's vital for me to go in here and find how to activate some of this stuff via scripting since I'm dealing with AI, not players.

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop by and say yes, it must have been something with the download, all SAF units are here now! Really loving them guys, the blend of US/RUS gear is a fun combo. Can't wait to see more for this faction :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is no such option atm

1 hour ago, AZCoder said:

If you go into the config viewer, configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "RHS_C130J", there is some functionality listed under both Attributes and UserActions. I do single-player missions, so it's vital for me to go in here and find how to activate some of this stuff via scripting since I'm dealing with AI, not players.

Thank you very much for the answers. Will look at those functions AZCoder, thank you very much!

2 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Hey, thanks! I was wondering this also.

• Like 1