Was that directed at me? Sorry if functionality questions are out of place here I just can't figure the paradrop waypoint thing out on my own and figured those kinds of questions were allowed.

Was that directed at me? Sorry if functionality questions are out of place here I just can't figure the paradrop waypoint thing out on my own and figured those kinds of questions were allowed.

I don't think it was for you man...perhaps it was directed at content request posts, which are notoriously annoying for modders.

Anyway....I tested the paradrop waypoint and everything work fine to me.

I used your set up: a chopper with me+team  AS CARGO,and just the paradrop WP: it ejected me and my whole team as supposed....

Dunno what your problem could be.....sorry I can't help.

• Like 4

I don't think it was for you man...perhaps it was directed at content request posts, which are notoriously annoying for modders.

Especially since a member of the RHS team stated in this thread, that a M16A2 is quite possible, since someone on the team really likes that gun.

Here's the post. Using the search function would have been enough.

• Like 2

Anyway....I tested the paradrop waypoint and everything work fine to me.

I used your set up: a chopper with me+team AS CARGO,and just the paradrop WP: it ejected me and my whole team as supposed....

Dunno what your problem could be.....sorry I can't help.

Thanks. So I can replicate your method, do you know offhand what chopper and units you used? I tried the RHS CH-47 and two MARSOC units (with default gear) in the back/cargo area. Sitting in the seats, basically. This was me and my AI teammate. The front section had the default pilots aboard.

Oh, so I did so all this with the chopper on the ground, which I then placed the infantry paradrop waypoint (attached to the chopper). When the chopper takes off and goes to the waypoint area, I do notice it never really gets high enough for me to feel like it would even make sense to parachute down. Perhaps I need to start the chopper in the air for it to work maybe? Or maybe I need to tell it an elevation? I don't see any way to give it an elevation if that's the trick.

• Like 2

Thanks. So I can replicate your method, do you know offhand what chopper and units you used? I tried the RHS CH-47 and two MARSOC units (with default gear) in the back/cargo area. Sitting in the seats, basically. This was me and my AI teammate. The front section had the default pilots aboard.

Oh, so I did so all this with the chopper on the ground, which I then placed the infantry paradrop waypoint (attached to the chopper). When the chopper takes off and goes to the waypoint area, I do notice it never really gets high enough for me to feel like it would even make sense to parachute down. Perhaps I need to start the chopper in the air for it to work maybe? Or maybe I need to tell it an elevation? I don't see any way to give it an elevation if that's the trick.

Waypoints usually have an elevation somewhere you can set (Z value). Either that or try flyinheight command (in the heli's init as i recall) and set a reasonably high altitude.

• Like 1

Also, it would nice to see a carry handle optic (i.e. a removable carry handle scope with an M150 RCO or CCO mounted on top). You still see US military use that setup from time to time, even among elite units like the Navy SEALs. It's also very common with law enforcement.

That is an outdated system and is almost entirely phased out. It's common with LE because they don't know any better or can't afford better. Navy SEALs don't use these anymore either.

Does Red Hammer have any plans to add the M16A3?

m16A3? no

I figure it might satisfy some of the people begging[...]

nope, you can never satisfy these...

this particular image of a m16 3d model gives me the creeps, well done finding it

Also, it would nice to...

...refrain from requesting stuff

b61047ffa9a8c359945a749d3e80247bec948ec9

• Like 10

I was having a similar issue, I used the RHS C130, put everyone inside, put the speed to limited, and had it flying ,and a FlyInHeight of 300, if it's full or normal speed the jumpers are scattered over a bigger area, so I kept the speed low.

It's actually a pretty cool feature.

What I've noticed is that sometimes the jumpers also have 2 chutes, like a phantom jumper

• Like 1

Not sure how I missed this pic from a few weeks back on RHS facebook..What is this beautiful thing?And does it accept a suppressor?

danila-baranov-screenshot001.jpg?1473858

• Like 7

Hey guys,

EDIT:  Just figured it out (loading boats on Mk V).  Very very cool addition.  Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this pic from a few weeks back on RHS facebook..What is this beautiful thing?And does it accept a suppressor?

As said before - yes,it's Orsis T-5000.

Not military issued,but may find place in Special ForcesDespite they prefer western rifles

And yes,they able have suppressor.

• Like 3

It's that hard to understand to stop asking for stuff on this thread guys?? They stated many times to not ask for stuff here and you still ask for stuff, i don't get it really

• Like 4

It's that hard to understand to stop asking for stuff on this thread guys?? They stated many times to not ask for stuff here and you still ask for stuff, i don't get it really

But i'm an entitled mod user and I demand you add my niche army content that i'll probably only use once or twice anyway!

• Like 5

But i'm an entitled mod user and I demand you add my niche army content that i'll probably only use once or twice anyway!

Exactly. RHS just don't care about their customers at all-we pay their wages and this is how they treat us? Oh wait.... ;)

• Like 8

TBH, sometimes I think that "stop asking for stuff/ETAs" posts spam the thread more than "asking for stuff/ETAs" posts themselves... Just ignoring those could be better than having everyone jump onto those who post that sort of things.

• Like 6

I'd love to see an official "RHS Requests thread" as a sticky, only to keep this thread readable.

• Like 2

I'm just waiting to see any updates on the Army Combat Uniforms.

...Oh, so I did so all this with the chopper on the ground, which I then placed the infantry paradrop waypoint (attached to the chopper). When the chopper takes off and goes to the waypoint area, I do notice it never really gets high enough for me to feel like it would even make sense to parachute down. Perhaps I need to start the chopper in the air for it to work maybe? ....

I did had the chopper start in the air, to be honest. Try that or Road Runner method....

I was having a similar issue, I used the RHS C130, put everyone inside, put the speed to limited, and had it flying ,and a FlyInHeight of 300, if it's full or normal speed the jumpers are scattered over a bigger area, so I kept the speed low.

What I've noticed is that sometimes the jumpers also have 2 chutes, like a phantom jumper

;)  ;)  ;)

here's your chance to ask the questions you all wanted to ask (requests are still not considered questions btw ;) )
091ff7c720f1217d273c329b5e0c2f13.png

clicky image above ^^

• Like 3

Road Runner, I appreciate the reply.

I'm still not having any luck. I'm really not sure what I'm missing here.

I again placed a CH-47 (and a few other RHS choppers) and put me and 5 grouped AI in the back (seated in the chairs). When I give the chopper the infantry paradrop waypoint, he immediately takes off to the location. When I alter the z axis to 1,000, 2,000 and 10,000, he does eject, but only my 5th and 6th grouped AI jump out. Slots 1 (me) thru 4 stay in the chopper. And I'm still too low to the ground so AI slots 5 and 6 that do eject die. The z axis editing in the waypoint doesn't really seem to have much or any effect.

Do you know offhand what I need to do to change the elevation of the waypoint in the editor? Do you have any advice for how I can get this to work or maybe if it's not a bother you can me your test mission that I can look at? I know I must be missing a simple step here. It seems really cool but I'm not getting high enough, and either none of us or only some of us jump out of the heli.

All I'm literally doing is placing the waypoint (to the chopper) and editing the Z axis for the waypoint. Nothing else. I haven't edited the speed setting it to limited yet though. So if there are additional steps or codes I need to input (etc), I'm assuming that would be where I'm messing up.

EDIT: Sorry I wasn't aware when you said flyinheight that that was an init command. I'll try adding: name FlyInHeight 300 and see if that works.

• Like 1

Hi PuFu and soul_assassin,

First of all I would like to mention that RHS is very nice..

But USAF AH1-Z helicopter's armor like paper, and the canopy glass even passes 9mm pistol bullets. Please fix this.

Thank you..

But USAF AH1-Z helicopter's armor like paper, and the canopy glass even passes 9mm pistol bullets. Please fix this.

Thank you..

The sides are made of plexi-glass and offer no ballistic protection. Additionally, the center windshield is likely not ballistic due to it having that iconic curve and not being 2 inches thick.

Also, because I refuse to get a reddit account, it was mentioned that there was an MT-LBu in the works. If you don't mind me asking, what variants are planned? Is it just going to have hatches with PKMs or will there be AA, ATGM and auto-cannon versions as well?

Is there any news on the LMTV with regard to the interior? Will the non-uparmored versions get gun mounts? Also, will there be Humvees with M240s (Similar to the M113) mounted? Are there any plans to mount an M249?