Yes, you will be able to edit the modules. But be aware, there is no delay option for the zed spawns; in your case, I suggest increasing the spawn distances, and slightly reducing the max number of zeds if need be.

Increasing the spawn distance will also increase the clean-up treshold, should be enough to solve your problems (except in super large cities like Kavala).

• Like 2

Hey guys, just wanna feel the good old DayZ mod vibes. What I did:

- Recreated Chernarus colors -[url=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/172668069942512380/437C9C8D40B9F00756E1BDB57A14603AE2DF3BB4/]look[/url]- (work at least in cloudy and slightly foggy conditions):

0 = ["ArmA 2",1.13,1.11,-0.08,0.34,0.43,0.67,-0.18,0.74,0.78,0.9,0.69,-0.39,0.69,0.69,0,0,0.5,0,0.2,0.1] spawn 
{  waituntil {alive player}; 
   sleep 2; 
   if !(isNil "GF_RC_ColorCorrection") then 
   { 
      GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectEnable false; 
      GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectCommit 0; 
   }; 
   PP_colorC = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1500]; 
   PP_colorC ppEffectEnable true; 
   PP_colorC ppEffectAdjust [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3, 
                             [_this select 4, _this select 5, _this select 6, _this select 7], 
                             [_this select 8, _this select 9, _this select 10, _this select 11], 
                             [_this select 12, _this select 13, _this select 14, _this select 15], 
                             [_this select 16, _this select 17, _this select 18, _this select 19, _this select 20, 0,4] 
                            ]; 
   PP_colorC ppEffectCommit 0; 

private _col = true; tort_colours = true; 
   while {true} do 
   { 
      sleep 3; 
      if ((_col && !tort_colours) || (!_col && tort_colours)) then 
      { 
         _col = tort_colours; 
         switch (_col) do 
         { 
            case (true): {PP_colorC ppEffectEnable true; PP_colorC ppEffectCommit 0}; 
            case (false): {PP_colorC ppEffectEnable false; PP_colorC ppEffectCommit 0}; 
         }; 
      }; 
   }; 
};

- Used DayZ mod music

- Spawn points like in Dayz mod.

1. Anyone knowing which player model has been spawned in Dayz mod? Maybe you know classname/ config browser details?

2. DayZ mod had those burning helicopters with high level loot and many zombies. Any ready to use scripts you are aware of?

Will be in hospital tomorrow and my tablet computer is full of Youtube content... want to have a time travel to good old DayZ mod days :)

Thx.

• Like 3

why there is no server with this mod? its solid. i dont understand.

15 hours ago, haleks said:

Yes, you will be able to edit the modules. But be aware, there is no delay option for the zed spawns; in your case, I suggest increasing the spawn distances, and slightly reducing the max number of zeds if need be.

Increasing the spawn distance will also increase the clean-up treshold, should be enough to solve your problems (except in super large cities like Kavala).

Thanks so much for your reply.

I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Cheers

BTW, are you working on another Arma project or mission?
Would like to see more from you. Enjoy your work and input on the forums!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, archibald tutter said:

why there is no server with this mod? its solid. i dont understand.

Ravage is a mod framework rather than a mod in itself. The missions that come with Ravage are more like a demonstration of what it can do rather than an end in itself. And although Ravage supports multiplayer (and does so well, as you noted), there isn't an included multiplayer mission. There are over 100 Ravage missions on Steam and many of them are multiplayer. Most of the multiplayer missions can be hosted on your computer, with only a few requiring a dedicated server.

One of the features of Ravage is that it doesn't require any external resources (e.g. an SQL database), so there's no need for a dedicated server. Back when the DayZ mod came out, it used a separate server database to keep track of player location and inventory. Most of the other big mods like Epoch do the same. So they absolutely require a dedicated server to run and you cannot host them on your own computer. Haleks worked out a clever method of storing player data for multiplayer that doesn't involve an external database. But it does have a limitation - objects in tents, vehicles, etc are not stored, so they are not persistent across server sessions. Accordingly, most multiplayer Ravage missions aren't designed to be played for lengthy periods of time.

So all that's why you don't tend to see Ravage servers on server lists. There are people running Ravage missions on dedicated servers (I did so for several months), but they tend to be private, rather than public. Public servers are maybe something that will come later, but it hasn't been a priority yet.

• Like 7

That's a great post kodabar ^^

It's also worth noting that Ravage started out life as a pure SP experience, it was only through numerous requests for a MP version that haleks took a leap of faith into the murky waters of MP code and transformed Ravage into the well-rounded version we have today.

• Like 8

@kodabarI remember you from really really early dayZ times, when rocket was still at BI and I remember your blog about SP-dayz mission.thanks for reply, kodabar.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2017 at 7:01 AM, Mordacai said:

BTW, are you working on another Arma project or mission?

Would like to see more from you. Enjoy your work and input on the forums!

Let's say that I have a project related to Ravage, something I'd like to release sometime this year if I can.

After that, I'll definitely try something different; I've been wanting to make sci-fi content for Arma3 and have like a dozen unfinished scenarios (trips on exoplanets à la Mass Effect, cyberpunk stuff in futuristic cities etc)... You can see some bits of those on my Steam screenshots (there's a lot of random stuff, look for the older pictures) : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080495175/screenshots/?appid=107410

What form the next big project will take is undefined at the moment, but I really want to take the players (very) far away with this one. ;)

But work on modding is sort of on hold at the moment, I am rather busy IRL. ^^

• Like 8

@haleksOh sweet, I see you've done some Mad Max stuff in Arma 3 as well! With any luck, I'll be able to get that Taki mission I was working on up at some point as well, although I ran into an issue where the CUP team updated all of the buildings and objects as I was working on it, so people will have to use the 1.20 version of either CUP core or maps, I can't remember which.

Although I am also working on a sort of prequel mission based in Altis using only RHS and Thai mods, it should give a bit of backstory for what I've created. It takes place in the same universe that the Takistan and Sahrani missions do.

Nice work on the sci fi pictures as well, those look really cool. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Edited by ContheJon

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

@haleksOh sweet, I see you've done some Mad Max stuff in Arma 3 as well! With any luck, I'll be able to get that Taki mission I was working on up at some point as well, although I ran into an issue where the CUP team updated all of the buildings and objects as I was working on it, so people will have to use the 1.20 version of either CUP core or maps, I can't remember which.

I would suggest if you can to use the latest version of the CUP Maps as the 1.20 will not be available so easily and most will have updated to the latest release. 

• Like 1

@R0adki11 I'm using the latest release, it just so happens that as I was working on Takistan they updated it which suddenly made all of the buildings and objects incompatible, so the player would have to use CUP 1.20 for the Takistan mission unfortunately. Sahrani uses the latest CUP stuff and the Altis mission uses no CUP objects or weapons so as to make it compatible with most things, and only Thai and RHS are needed for Altis.

Edited by ContheJon

Man, just remembered.. Isn't there a piece of code that can be added to a trigger or marker that will cancel random vehicle spawns and wrecks within a predetermined area? If there was, I could use an assist.

Thanks,

Fire

Crashes with memory error when I try to play from scenarios (at the map screen when I hit continue) but seems to run from the editor, using Stratis for the map.

Edit: I think I made a mistake I was placing the placing a civilian character for the player instead of Blufor (used Blufor survivor) Now it doesn't crash when starting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, emton said:

Crashes with memory error when I try to play from scenarios (at the map screen when I hit continue) but seems to run from the editor, using Stratis for the map.

Edit: I think I made a mistake I was placing the placing a civilian character for the player instead of Blufor (used Blufor survivor) Now it doesn't crash when starting.

That's interesting. So there's a memory error crash with civilian player character, even on Stratis? Did it work with a civilian character before the last update by any chance?

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

That's interesting. So there's a memory error crash with civilian player character, even on Stratis? Did it work with a civilian character before the last update by any chance?

I'm not sure I only played some Ravage months ago don't remember what character I used then, I'll double check trying civilian again but I'm supposed to use Blufor right? Also where do I find friendly NPCs for trading are they random or do they get placed with camp markers like I think I saw in the mission template?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, emton said:

I'm not sure I only played some Ravage months ago don't remember what character I used then, I'll double check trying civilian again but I'm supposed to use Blufor right? Also where do I find friendly NPCs for trading are they random or do they get placed with camp markers like I think I saw in the mission template?

I don't use civilian characters personally as when renegades are enabled it makes the civilians hostile to everyone. Blufor is your best bet for not getting shot at, I always use Blufor for the player and friendlies. Friendly NPCs spawn randomly, usually only a single one, but I did see that traders tend to spawn in groups of three, with the trader leading the group and two bodyguards. I'm afraid I don't know anything about camp markers, I usually just copy and paste a trader script into a unit's init box and place them in small bases or towns I've made.

Here's the trader scripts if you want to use them, I can't remember where I found them originally but I think it was on this thread. 

For general supplies: this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]

For weapons and ammo: this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]

• Like 2

Don't forget about Haleks old trick:  

1.Place a civilian and a blufor

2. then group the civilian to the blufor

3. then delete the blufor.  

Your civilian "becomes" blufor after that.  Helps with gear / clothing.

• Like 3

@haleks I was searching through you very beautiful screenshot selection, in you steam profile and I must say. Seeing what you have done in the past I am very excited for this new project that you would like to undertake. +1

• Like 5

Again I am trying but I am puzzled.

I want to have "Zombie Blacklist" and "Safe Zone" - the centre of those zones - to be on a random place. As you may know, if you set "Placement Radius" for the Zombie Blacklist object to some value and start the mission from the editor, it works. The center of the zone is at a random place in the radius. But unfortunately, ArmA does not preserve "Placement Radius" over mission save, also it does not export it to SP mission. In those cases, the centre of the zone will be exactly where I hand placed them.

I have no idea guys...

Update - Ravage mod Utube Fans Channel

Its that time again, new additions to the channel!

added to Gameplay Clips

• Arma 3 Ravage scenario. Bad Intel Blues. SP/MP Coop.
  • Arma 3 - Ravage on MSKE 2017

added to Full episodes

• Arma 3: Altis Ravage Part 2 "Close Encounters"

added to Mini episodes

• Arma 3 - Voidward (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - In the Presence of Enemies (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Year Zero (SP/Ravage Mod)

Other news pertaining to Ravage:

Mod

For those fans of Ravage, if you haven't already seen it, there is a mod being built for Ravage by

myself called RavWarMod, see the WIP thread for details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/201699-wip-ravwarmod/

Mod is currently on hold as im taking a long break from Arma3

====================

If I have missed any videos not listed in the playlists above please send me a pm and let me know, I will add it asap!

Next update will be in 2 weeks when more vids are out!

• Like 4

@Gunter Severloh

Why in this world are you taking a break..   "for a long break" ?  Shivs just starting to get real around here.

I hope its for good / important reasons and not because of some stupid nonsense.  Anyway - Be safe out there.

Fire

I been on a break for the past 2-3 weeks now im just playing other games, im still here almost everyday just not playing Arma3 is all.

When i say long break its because im burnt out from arma3, and Iron front, I need a change of scenery all i been doing is arma3, IF and im bored to death of it. Another reason is couple months ago now,

I finished v1.14 of my IFA3WarMod which took alot of work to put together because i had to rebuild the mod from scratch, my WarMods really burn me out mentally, why i end up only doing one a year,

depends, also considering I work a full time job from 9pm til 5-6am and been tired from that.

• Like 5

Not a problem at all, just wanted to let you know that we like seeing you around!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I work a full time job from 9pm til 5-6am

Yeah, if there wasn't the job... From my observation, a lot of good things (but unfortunately also arrogance) on the internet - software projects, open source, mods etc... - come from unemployed or students. Linux geek students on mailing lists often do not understand that adults with jobs/family cannot afford wasting biiiig time for the tiniest of aspects.

2 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Yeah, if there wasn't the job... From my observation, a lot of good things (but unfortunately also arrogance) on the internet - software projects, open source, mods etc... - come from unemployed or students. Linux geek students on mailing lists often do not understand that adults with jobs/family cannot afford wasting biiiig time for the tiniest of aspects.

Sorry before we go way off topic, its not always the unemployed or students that make content. Alot of use who are employed make content too :f:

Anyway lets get back on topic.

• Like 2