@FireWalker Ah right, thanks for the reply. Damn, I've got a bunch of traders all set up already that are slightly important to what's going on the mission. It doesn't matter too much anyway, I guess I'll just set the AI trader spawn frequency to 0 (I'm assuming it's the AI traders spawning that's the error we're talking about?)

@ContheJon,

hmmm, not sure. I don't think I had any random trader spawn. Only had a three trader bases set up. Getting rid of them didn't really affect the game play much. The players never bothered going to them..  lol

@FireWalker Huh, that's a little odd then. I wonder why placed traders are causing issues? As for my mission, the traders are more there for story purposes anyway. Armex set up a store and bar in South Sahrani's capital, and then there's a trader base in the North Western highlands supplying stuff to mercs on the island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

@FireWalker Huh, that's a little odd then. I wonder why placed traders are causing issues? As for my 

Really don't know. I put literally zero thought into it. Sorry.

I'll add one of one kind back and then the other kind and see if anything changes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ContheJon said:

@McHished For the weapon going off centre glitch, are you using Iron Front lite by any chance? I use that mods' weapons and it seems to happen to me with it, but after playing without the weapons and only gear on another mission it doesn't. Could just be coincidence though.

I am not actually.

@FireWalker Don't worry about it, it's fine! Maybe it has something to do with the editor-typed script for traders interfering with the spawn script or something if it is related?

@McHished Ok, I guess I can cross IF:L off the list of things that causes that issue on my end. I just happened to be having it more with those guns, but I guess not then. It's a very strange and elusive bug atm, wish I could help more.

Edited by ContheJon

Historically, with Ravage, the sight drifting was related to your characters health...  going over 100. But that particular reason seems to have been fixed. I've not experienced it since the health issue.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I didn't want to post this here but it's really bugging me now. I posted this elsewhere on the forums but just in case someone here knows what's up, I figured I'd post here as well.

Basically, I'm getting these memory errors out of absolutely nowhere (it's on the Sahrani mission). I can play the mission through the Eden editor fine with no problems at all, but when I try to start it up through the scenario menu from main menu, I get these: 

At first I thought it was due to RHS stuff (I was testing and accidentally saved over my map whilst it was activated but nothing from RHS was placed down) so I disabled, reloaded old mission file I backed up and it was fine. I went off PC, came back today, tried to open up the mission to have a go at the game and I'm getting these again.

I only posted this in case anyone knows what these mean. I'm sort of worried all my work is done for if I can't play it myself.

Have you tested the same mission on other maps?

As the issue could pertain to Sahrani.

I suggest you try other maps and see if the issue reoccurs, also test the mission without mods unless the mission requires it.

Test arma3 itself and see if the issue persists, you basically have to do a process of elimination in order to determine what the possible cause is,

so test with Ravage by itself, throw a mission together with the modules, and try that, if nothing that rules out the mod, test arma3 itself, if no issue then that rules the core game out.

Lastly if you want a full perspective from others on what the issue could be you need to provide more details on what your running, like the following:

- what mission, something you downloaded or created?

- what mods (besides Ravage)

- what are your computer specs

Now if your like me and alot of others you can play a Ravage mission that has no requirements for mods, but when you adds more mods to play with then you need to remove one mod at a time to see

if the issue pops up when you are running a certain mod, if the issue shows when running some mods, and you take one of those mods out such as RHS as you mentioned,

then it may be possible that mod is causing the issue.

Lastly you'll need to provide your Rpt, it can be found here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Rpt will show, and list other issues and errors, when you post the rpt use this https://justpaste.it/

and post a link from it.

• Like 2

@Gunter Severloh

Thanks a lot Gunter!

I did a test earlier by putting Arma 3 back to the previous update, reloaded a version of the map from just before the update, and tested it there. Scenario loaded up without any hitch whatsoever. It's definitely related to the update Bohemia put out a couple of days ago for sure.

I tried merging the mission with a fresh one, but that didn't work, then I tried deleting all of the objects on the map aside from the player character, and then that didn't work either. It plays fine in editor, just not in scenario which is strange to me.

Mods I'm using are CUP everything pretty much, and I accidentally saved whilst using Warfare Thai so that's in. IF:L is another by accident. The mission itself is something I've been working on for roughly a month I think? Round about that time, but everything has been going swell until just a couple of days ago.

Here's the rpt: https://justpaste.it/152uk

If all else fails, I'll just have to redo the mission from the beginning. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

Edited by ContheJon

If a structure is placed in the editor that is compatible, like the CUP buildings and vanilla buildings, can loot containers be generated inside of it, or does it only work for native map objects?

Aha! After some testing, messing around with various mod configurations, I've found that it's an issue (on my end unless someone else has this bug) between CUP Terrains/Maps and Ravage. Everything works fine on Stratis, but when I try Cherno, Takistan or United Sahrani, I get the exact same bizarre error when I try to start it via scenario menu. I've even deleted all of the Ravage modules from the mission that I thought was causing the issues, and now the mission loads up from the scenario menu without a hitch.

So it seems like the last update has done something to either Ravage, CUP Maps, or both, and at least on my end unless someone else is having any difficulties.

@wsxcgy I think they should spawn in editor placed buildings as well. I tend to edit maps to heck and back with all sorts of editor buildings and I faintly remember boxes spawning in them from time to time.

Set some buildings down and set the spawn rate of containers to a high amount in the loot module and see what that does.

Edit: I should also say thank you again, Gunter. It probably would have taken me ages to actually try out other maps with different mods activated had you not said so.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 2

@ContheJon

Glad you figured it out, and your welcome, that process of elimination is a standard procedure in the community when it comes to mods issues,

something i regularly practice when building my WarMods.

I had a feeling it would have been a map issue as most of your mods from my experience 99% of the time work ok with each other, maps on the other hand depends, cant say.

A question for you, your mission name is called: The Sahrani Incident  correct?

In your mission folder do you see the name of the folder as this---> The%20Sahrani%20Incident  if so when you name your missions put a - (dash) or a _ (underscore) between the spaces, so your mission name looks like this:

The_Sahrani_Incident   if you dont the game will add the %20 to fill in the spaces.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

@Gunter Severloh Oh! That's how you get spaces between words! Thanks for telling me that Gunter, I was wondering how I kept getting %20. I thought ArmA 3 was trying to tell me something about my mission making skills :P

Well, at least it's not me that's done something to screw the mission up. I was pretty worried for a while, but I'm relieved that it's just a map issue.

Thanks again!

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen an issue with players not being able to repair script-generated vehicles? I've built a scenario for SP/MP play, and if I place vehicles in the editor players can repair them, but if I create them in the init scripts players don't get the repair (or scavenge) options. (I want to build them with scripts to generate different vehicles if the scenario is being played with RHS or CUP mods.)

•  vehicle placed in editor = repair works SP/MP
  •  vehicle created in init.sqf = repair works in SP, not in MP
  •  vehicle created in initServer.sqf = repair doesn't work in SP or MP

I *think* the problem is that the scripted vehicles aren't getting the addAction for repair and scavenge when modules are initialized; init.sqf gets called before modules are initialized in SP but afterwards in MP, and initServer.sqf runs afterwards in both SP and MP. (This is my first multiplayer mission and I'm learning a ton, so it's quite possible I'm screwing up something completely different.)

Does it seem like I'm on the right track, and if so does anyone know how I could call addAction for the repair and scavenge options in a script? (Or does anyone have a different approach?)

6 hours ago, ContheJon said:

@wsxcgy I think they should spawn in editor placed buildings as well. I tend to edit maps to heck and back with all sorts of editor buildings and I faintly remember boxes spawning in them from time to time.

Set some buildings down and set the spawn rate of containers to a high amount in the loot module and see what that does.

Thanks, I also want to edit the maps to heck and back, especially on Chernarus, which can be really sparse with loot spawning buildings and military facilities. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Feargus said:

Has anyone seen an issue with players not being able to repair script-generated vehicles? I've built a scenario for SP/MP play, and if I place vehicles in the editor players can repair them, but if I create them in the init scripts players don't get the repair (or scavenge) options. (I want to build them with scripts to generate different vehicles if the scenario is being played with RHS or CUP mods.)

•  vehicle placed in editor = repair works SP/MP
  •  vehicle created in init.sqf = repair works in SP, not in MP
  •  vehicle created in initServer.sqf = repair doesn't work in SP or MP

I *think* the problem is that the scripted vehicles aren't getting the addAction for repair and scavenge when modules are initialized; init.sqf gets called before modules are initialized in SP but afterwards in MP, and initServer.sqf runs afterwards in both SP and MP. (This is my first multiplayer mission and I'm learning a ton, so it's quite possible I'm screwing up something completely different.)

Does it seem like I'm on the right track, and if so does anyone know how I could call addAction for the repair and scavenge options in a script? (Or does anyone have a different approach?)

try to add the vehicles in this array, might work:

[_veh, false] call rvg_fnc_vehInit;

Where _veh is your vehicles variable.

@wsxcgy Yeah, they don't always have much in the way of lootable buildings on Chernarus. United Sahrani is a lot like that as well, so I've had to place some A3 buildings around. Although the CUP team did a great job incorporating the buildings with interiors into it. Now all they need is Open Chernarus or something like it and it'll be basically the best thing ever.

Hey, have you come across that bug loading CUP missions with Ravage modules on them, by any chance?

• Like 1

@ContheJon:

I was testing my two RAVAGE missions in SP today and found out that I could play on Esseker just fine which needs CUP_terrains_core only.  But on Chernarus Winter which requires CUP_terrains_maps, I got an out of memory crash.

Spoiler

Fault time: 2017/04/02 15:06:03
Fault address:  0194F307 01:0066E307 K:\Programme\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3_x64.exe
file:     HHL_zeds_NOACE (__cur_sp)
world:    chernarus_winter
Prev. code bytes: 48 8B 83 50 01 00 00 49 8B 57 20 48 89 74 24 38
Fault code bytes: 48 8B 48 68 4C 89 64 24 28 4C 89 74 24 20 48 85

That's at the end of my .rpt and as you can see we have matching entries for "Prev. code bytes" and "Fault code bytes". 

In addition to this I must tell you that even on Esseker I had a crash when using default BIS malloc with the new -hugepage command active.  I had no crash on Esseker when using one of the custom mallocs like tbb4malloc_bi_x64 which doesn't allow the -hugepage command to be set in my preferred launcher, A3Sync.

Still a minority report here, but I encourage the other RAVAGE testers to also run a few tests on CUP maps.

• Like 1

@tourist Thanks for reporting that, I'm relieved it's not only me.

I'd encourage it too, especially seeing as there's a lot of maps with CUP requirements.

Ok, before I go back to actually, ya know, PLAY the game for once in while, I'll give a complete .rpt file made with RAVAGE, CUP complete including terrains, maps, weapons, vehicles and units.  Basically a lot less mods than for my Esseker mission (mentioned above; can play that mission on Esseker, load savegames after I had quit+restarted the game etc.), but nevertheless it crashed right away in SP.  

Here you go: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw5mm9vvpipag6h/tourist_CUP_assets_only_bystrica.7z?dl=0

Hope it helps...

• Like 1

@tourist

Can i have a bit more info about what that -hugepage command really does,im really curious if anyone knows more about it, i believe i looked for it once they released the 1.68 but wiki wasn't updated to include the new commands, propably wont be now either,

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

Can i have a bit more info about what that -hugepage command really does

It's a weird one. Pages are blocks of virtual memory. Using huge pages (called large pages in Windows - huge pages is a Linux term) allows for larger chunks of memory to be allocated.

In ArmA, the -hugepage switch allows it to use bigger blocks of memory. By default it uses 4KB blocks, with -hugepage, it uses (up to) 2MB blocks. This should increase performance - by up to 15% in theory. It may also allow it to access more ram than the hard limit of 3072MB, but I haven't tested this. Perhaps someone else knows.

• Like 4

Hello, if I PBO a mission makers mission, open in EDEN, would I be able to edit the spawn of Zeds?

In two missions made from CosmiC10 (Ravage A Mission and Ravage The Escape), I've noticed once I clear an area out of zombies, immediately, and I mean immediately, 25 to 30 zombies will spawn in my location.
Makes playing the missions almost impossible and really breaks immersion. I've all but given up finishing the missions.

I'd like to clear an area or town out, then either time delay the spawn so I can get the hell out of dodge or not have it happen at all.

Cheers!