9 hours ago, FireWalker said:

BTW:    Hit "U" and group up with others

Is this voluntary or mandatory, i'd prefer to join as a real live Renegade....:uzi: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evil Organ said:

Is this voluntary or mandatory, i'd prefer to join as a real live Renegade....:uzi: 

Voluntary - Take what you can, give nothing back 

• Like 2

The guys I normally play with would like to get more people together. Maybe try to jump in each others servers when we can. Share the love, so to speak!

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 7:42 PM, haleks said:

@CrossGTX : I will take another look at traders; meanwhile if your mission is more or less vanilla, feel free to send me a copy.

Mission is only RHS + CUP + Enhanced Movement. So I did a small test and it seems to be some kind of a time problem. For example if I start from within the editor in the "camp" the traders are working fine. However in my test play through I reached the camp only by night time of day 2. And they seem to have sold everything. I will try a restart and test the other 2 camps. Where can I send you the mission file?

Edit: Restarted the mission. All camps seem to be working at start. Completed several tasks and still camps seem to be in order. Will try to wait a day or two and see what happens.

Edit 2: It seems that it was just a one time glitch. Traders seem to be working just fine after I restarted the mission.

1 hour ago, zuzul said:

I think SP and MP are using the same format of saving (ProfileNameSpace).

You can use the arsenal to export your loadout and import it on the new ravage version.

Im not trying to export any loadouts or import any old ones , i started a fresh load on Altis Ravage single player and the game crashes when i try to resume :(

2 hours ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Im not trying to export any loadouts or import any old ones , i started a fresh load on Altis Ravage single player and the game crashes when i try to resume :(

Different versions of Ravage are not necessarily compatible 

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Different versions of Ravage are not necessarily compatible 

? i know this , im not using any old version , or exporting-importing any new or old version , im simply using the new .43 and trying to play a new .43 game saved on .43 and trying to resume after that save ...on .43. the game crashes after i try to resume. Also did a test just now and the ravage Tanoa map works perfectly i can start , save , exit , and resume no problem. only issue is i get really low fps on Tanoa and id rather fix this issue im having so i can play altis map.

3 minutes ago, Stevetibb95 said:

? i know this , im not using any old version , or exporting-importing any new or old version , im simply using the new .43 and trying to play a new .43 game saved on .43 and trying to resume after that save ...on .43. the game crashes after i try to resume. Also did a test just now and the ravage Tanoa map works perfectly i can start , save , exit , and resume no problem. only issue is i get really low fps on Tanoa and id rather fix this issue im having so i can play altis map.

Are you using ACE? What mods are you using?

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Are you using ACE? What mods are you using?

just Ravage and CBA

@Stevetibb95, I just tested the Altis demo mission, using latest versions of Ravage and CBA.....fresh start, saved and resumed with zero issues.

Ravage v143 downloaded from the Googledrive link on the front page. CBA downloaded from Steam. 

Arma 3 and required mods launched from the official Arma 3 Steam launcher.

Hard to say what your issue could be, but on my end, the Altis demo mission is golden.  

• Like 2

Thank Zeus !!!! and by the Gods that took so long. But i figured a workaround for me to play , doesn't solve the issue but atleast i can play. I download the " Ravage - A Mission " from the "Other Missions" section of the Ravage Wiki. Apparently its the same thing just with built in objectives, which i like alot, and i just tested it , it saved and resumed perfectly !

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Thank Zeus !!!! and by the Gods that took so long. But i figured a workaround for me to play , doesn't solve the issue but atleast i can play. I download the " Ravage - A Mission " from the "Other Missions" section of the Ravage Wiki. Apparently its the same thing just with built in objectives, which i like alot, and i just tested it , it saved and resumed perfectly !

I once downloaded an updated version of the mod and the download was corrupt. Must have been a data packet loss or what not. Anyway downloading again and copy/pasting fixed whatever issue I was having.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrossGTX said:

I once downloaded an updated version of the mod and the download was corrupt. Must have been a data packet loss or what not. Anyway downloading again and copy/pasting fixed whatever issue I was having.

Thanks dude but i think im content with this " Ravage - A Mission " its absolutely fantastic!  all this needs is base building and its like Singleplayer Exile

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Thanks dude but i think im content with this " Ravage - A Mission " its absolutely fantastic!  all this needs is base building and its like Singleplayer Exile

Well I set up an exile server with Defent's Mission System and do single player or coop if I want to. Quite easy to be honest. Ravage is something else and I don't really want similarities to exile. I think this could turn into something different. Unfortunately Haleks doesn't have much time to open up the full potential of his work. Unless we pay him I guess. :don11:

20 hours ago, zuzul said:

Good remark. For me having a different scenery is not a real issue, especially for mundane objects like trash on the floor. But something killing the modd would obviously be an issue.

Can this kind of script be helpful? 

I gave it a quick shot last night and what should i say.... it is the perfect solution. I'm still playing around with this script/method. What i currently can say is:

If used like written in the thread it's working perfect but only if you are using the eden editor. Stuff that is placed and exported with X-Cam will not spawn. (I guess due to how X-Cam is formatting its object informations during the export in a mission file).
For everyone who is using it or is planning to use it, keep in mind that you have to execute the script server-side. If you are using it client-side the Zeds will be able to walk through the spawned objects.

Edit for a BIG DISCLAIMER: Like written earlier, i'm using a combination of Exile - Client/Server (Dedicated) and Ravage. If you are planning to use the script in a singleplayer mission, you have to execute it in initPlayerlocal.sqf.

Finally i got what i need, thanks again zuzul. But on the other hand i have to start all over again with decorating Chernarus. (Most of my stuff was placed with X-Cam). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwiddik said:

I gave it a quick shot last night and what should i say.... it is the perfect solution. I'm still playing around with this script/method. What i currently can say is:

If used like written in the thread it's working perfect but only if you are using the eden editor. Stuff that is placed and exported with X-Cam will not spawn. (I guess due to how X-Cam is formatting its object informations during the export in a mission file).
For everyone who is using it or is planning to use it, keep in mind that you have to execute the script server-side. If you are using it client-side the Zeds will be able to walk through the spawned objects.

Edit for a BIG DISCLAIMER: Like written earlier, i'm using a combination of Exile - Client/Server (Dedicated) and Ravage. If you are planning to use the script in a singleplayer mission, you have to execute it in initPlayerlocal.sqf.

Finally i got what i need, thanks again zuzul. But on the other hand i have to start all over again with decorating Chernarus. (Most of my stuff was placed with X-Cam). 

No prob man, happy to help!

I'm not ready to use it now (I'm struggling with implementing a AI cache system and a I just finished custom sound and custom textures).

Just to be sure: this script allow to spawn by anything (trigger or else) eden composition. But for non units / vehicules, what is the gain between this code and placing directly in EDEN SimpleObjects? I'm not enough familliar with Arma to see the benefit. 

In my case i populating the map with scenery stuff (camps, wrecks, trash, etc.). I'm doing this by creating a seperate "composition" for every area i want to modify. E.g. one for Chernogorsk, one for Elektro, etc.

Imho you can choose between both methods. In general there should be no difference. But when it comes to managing the areas the composition method is way more flexible and handy. You can add and remove areas by just adding/removing a line of code. If you have to change something you only need to check the file of the specific area and so on. If you have all the informations in one big mission file it is way more effort to change something. 

I guess i will have somewhere between 10k and 20k additional objects on my map when im done. (I'm taking my old ArmA2-/DayZ mission file as a reference). If i now have to change some object information in certain cases the risk of messing up something is much higher if you have one big file instead of several smaller files. And if somethings wrong, then i would have to delete items, check for errors and maybe place them again. Again much more effort then just commenting out a line in the script and checking only the affected composition file.

I'm planning to spawn all areas in one step (without using triggers). If its working and has no major perfomance impact, i'll keep this. But if it has some impact, then i'm planning to use triggers so that only areas are spawned where players are active. If there is no player the areas will be despawned / removed. 

1 minute ago, gwiddik said:

I'm planning to spawn all areas in one step (without using triggers). If its working and has no major perfomance impact, i'll keep this. But if it has some impact, then i'm planning to use triggers so that only areas are spawned where players are active. If there is no player the areas will be despawned / removed. 

I'm interrested to understand what you mean, but not on this thread dedicated to Ravage. I'm PM you. 

I just discovered the "28 years" mission(fantastic,BTW) & was wondering if there is anyway possible to use IF3 Lite exclusively,specifically in loot spawns(ammo,weapons)?I'd like to create a mission  ala the excellent zed film "Dead Snow" yet theme it circa WWII. I've attempted this before having disabled RHS,CUP in the equipment pool but that method only caused Vanilla items to spawn & none for Friths/IF3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miasdad said:

I just discovered the "28 years" mission(fantastic,BTW) & was wondering if there is anyway possible to use IF3 Lite exclusively,specifically in loot spawns(ammo,weapons)?I'd like to create a mission  ala the excellent zed film "Dead Snow" yet theme it circa WWII. I've attempted this before having disabled RHS,CUP in the equipment pool but that method only caused Vanilla items to spawn & none for Friths/IF3.

There seems to be a bug between Ravage 0143 and the last CBA (3.2.1) regarding the restricted Vanilla Content from the Equiment Pool Module. 

The only current known workaround would be to use the CBA 3.1.2 version as far as I know. I'm trying to help finding where the issue is 'cause it's really getting out of my head: I found the issue on the weapons only, not the equipped survivors neither the rest of the lootable items.

Any other feedback welcomed!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quik response.Yea,it only affects the weapons which has been really aggravating to the point of giving up. Thanx again, my friend!

• Like 1

Well,that didn't work either,reverting to CBA 3.12. I'm still having vanilla weapons in the loop.How about previous Ravage mod..like 3.41 or below?Or going further back on CBA(below 3.12)?

10 minutes ago, miasdad said:

Well,that didn't work either,reverting to CBA 3.12. I'm still having vanilla weapons in the loop.How about previous Ravage mod..like 3.41 or below?Or going further back on CBA(below 3.12)?

Could you try with cba 3.2.1 and ravage 1.4.2 if you don't mind? 

Maybe I was wrong and this was linked to the last ravage update.