Seems really odd that a gore mod is spawning units.

I use bloodmist and headgore so thats why i havent noticed it.

Im off tomorrow and going to look at the Malden and cherno redux escape missions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I think from what i read on the steam workshop page for the mod, forgive me if im wrong is that its currently only compatible with zombies and demons mod,

as per the author's video he had zombies from that mod in it which seemed to work.

If you contact the author as he replied to me about a comment i made on sunday ask him if he would make Ravage's Zombies compatible, at least it would give him the idea

to put it down so when he is working on it he can implement it.

===========

Ravage Utube channel was updated this past sunday btw guys, not to many vids out, why i wait a month to add but theres a ton of content on the channel.

i had to actually remove some from the playlists because some people either made their vids private or deleted them, i guess they dont understand

the concept of "free advertising" for their channel.

Kodabar told me a while back that he was getting more views on his view because his vids were on the Ravage channel so i think for those of you whom

know how utube works more views is a plus.

I kinda figured, but Evil had already asked something along the lines of Ravage compatibility, and it was installed in one of its updates...

So I got one idea for this issue...Winter 2035 might be interfering with the loot spawns....I can't loot anything from the lootable props...

Proved it wrong...more issues T_T

EDIT: It was DP build everything....just has to kill my fun...fun nazi's..why don't you just put the fun in camps? (Another reference to the reference in the CSAT and AAF vs zombies video...cause I gotta...Bayonets for days)

Went for a worn look look here.. I guess we now have "Worn" weapons with the "Rusty" ones... maybe... still not sold on this yet... looks good in 1st person though when in game.

LrHLzgZ.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Went for a worn look look here.. I guess we now have "Worn" weapons with the "Rusty" ones... maybe... still not sold on this yet... looks good in 1st person though when in game.

The idea of a mix of worn and rusty sounds good to me!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules.

@cosmic10r

Looks great, but you can rust it up, only the polymer requires that look...but I do like that look...just rust the barrel and the receiver..

The lower receiver looks like polymer, the upper is black gunmetal...The MX series is based off of AR style rifles, you can tell by the separation of the lower and upper receiver...plus its a Bluefor gun, so they are bound to be based off of a modern gun

1 minute ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

Looks great, but you can rust it up, only the polymer requires that look...but I do like that look...just rust the barrel and the receiver..

Just now, BattleChief said:

The lower receiver looks like polymer, the upper is black gunmetal...

So needy  ... lol

:f:

2 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

So needy  ... lol

:f:

Lol, I am only offering some advice...I kinda find it useless to not offer some helpful advice, because if we don't, how can we help each other? Besides..some realism won't kill the mod...

6 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

Lol, I am only offering some advice...I kinda find it useless to not offer some helpful advice, because if we don't, how can we help each other? Besides..some realism won't kill the mod...

All good... Im trying to come up with a good looking verson of that worn look... its pretty tough

I agree that the upper and lower on the mxm look off. I fixed the grip too... it was too gray...

But don't act like you didn't want to put some sunken loot offshore in one of your missions... Ravage Underwater Ops

NZyVeXx.jpg

• Like 5

The guns look cool.

Got a quick question.

How do you use these commands 

call RVG_fnc_AddGear;

call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

I have tried adding them into the init of objects or vehicles but with no success.

I'm trying to give more things the option to search and i thought these where the commands to use

24 minutes ago, Chuc said:

The guns look cool.

Got a quick question.

How do you use these commands 

call RVG_fnc_AddGear;

call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

I have tried adding them into the init of objects or vehicles but with no success.

I'm trying to give more things the option to search and i thought these where the commands to use

Im getting errors right now with that.

Let's let Haleks chime in.

Current changelog

Spoiler

//////////////////////////////////////
v1.2////  Released with Ravage 1.7?
////////////////////////////////////

All previously done guns have Icons, updated stats (minor changes),rvmats -- Thank goodness!!!!!!!

Config is at 544 line,PBO at 134.5mb, 19 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 8:20 am
Config is at 565 line,PBO at 137.5mb, 20 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 9:30 am
Config is at 621 line,PBO at 139.4mb, 22 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 8:39 pm
Config is at 647 line,PBO at 144.4mb, 23 total rusty Firearms 12/10/2017 1:53 pm
Config is at 672 line,PBO at 147.6mb, 24 total rusty Firearms 12/10/2017 11:00 pm
Config is at 750 line,PBO at 157.3mb, 27 total rusty Firearms 12/12/2017 9:41 pm

-Config tidied and unified
-Redundant files eliminated. Lean and mean.

Added

- Katiba - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done
----Config ---- stats done, rvmat done

- SDAR - Worn ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- MXM DMR - Worn ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sting SMG - Worn ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done , ended up reworking the texture... @Battlechief reminded me it was a polymer bodied rifle and it started bugging me lol

- Vermin SMG - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done (too rusty?/Rust to bright?)

- TRG21 GL - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done (polymer too rusty?)

- Spar 5.56 SBR - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done (line on stock)

- Zubr - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Rook40 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- P07 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes
-Reworked the PM 9mm Texture

Possible issues
maybe issues with UI and attachment icons... 

added a Katiba

ldOCHgy.jpg

and reworked the lower of the mxm... the worn look is growing on me @BattleChief

z7dmIjk.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Im getting errors right now with that.

Let's let Haleks chime in.

Okay cool. glad its not just me

@cosmic10r

The worn look is great for some guns...I can tell that the protector is gonna be a more worn look than rusty..cause its a polymer stock, with black gunmetal for the main body of the gun itself, and black plastic of the little handrail...

The guns are looking great though!

So I removed my Altis winter scenario from the game..I could no longer edit the mission due to the lack of DP build everything...so I am working on another one that will fit in...maybe with better base camps and what not...

58 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

The worn look is great for some guns...I can tell that the protector is gonna be a more worn look than rusty..cause its a polymer stock, with black gunmetal for the main body of the gun itself, and black plastic of the little handrail...

The guns are looking great though!

So I removed my Altis winter scenario from the game..I could no longer edit the mission due to the lack of DP build everything...so I am working on another one that will fit in...maybe with better base camps and what not...

You can maybe try R3F logistics script instead of DP build. You can then make a base in your mission.

it will allow you to drag drop materials or load in vehicule.

2 hours ago, BattleChief said:

I am using the EDN fortification mod - its simple, not perfect and I believe it is no longer being developed, but I like it. You can add any object as blueprint and assign a required building material (e.g. Woodplanks or sandbags) and amount of mats required. It comes with own building materials. You can connect the blueprints to triggers, so they only activate if you find the "blueprint" in the map (e.g. a Suitcase with variable name "object" with an addaction that deletes the "object" and triggers !alive "object" onAct in the blueprints activation trigger). I use this so I can find blueprints around the map while looting or reward them for completing objectives.

@Vandeanson

I saw your post, and I am honestly interested...actually makes you work to build a base..do you have a working script or something that I can maybe work with? I am not really good with scripts, but I can modify a few things here and there to fit different purposes. If you can give me a basic script that can maybe work on just about anything, I would appreciate the help...if not, I will see if I can't dig up something elsewhere

i spent most of today on escape Malden... updating the scenario and creating a random spawn and finish so i only have to maintain one version of each map...

looks like its working.. 

it is completely dependent on backpacks for respawn points... you will be given one or more in crates and have to deploy the backpacks as respawn points frequently so you dont have to restart a ways  back on the map on the way to the carrier...

The USS freedom is now your goal... it will spawn in one of a few random locations... once you get in range the mission will end because you... well... escaped...

Thanks to @roy86 for posting the code on getting the Carrier working in MP

to1NNrV.jpg

@bad benson 's map analyzer still going strong... all those dots are places to explore

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BattleChief said:

@Vandeanson

I saw your post, and I am honestly interested...actually makes you work to build a base..do you have a working script or something that I can maybe work with? I am not really good with scripts, but I can modify a few things here and there to fit different purposes. If you can give me a basic script that can maybe work on just about anything, I would appreciate the help...if not, I will see if I can't dig up something elsewhere

Happy to be of help - yes indeed that what i would like to create, a sense of progressing towards building your base. This is the mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26964

Again I am just using it and it works for my purposes;) but If I can help you can find me on steam as Vandeanson. Also if you are able to improve the mod, I am happy to assist and test;)

Content creators... do you ever get discouraged? Someone went through and downvoted all four of my workshop submissions in a row today. I watch the numbers regularly now because they have all picked up some significant steam over the last couple of months.

Now I have noticed that the community constantly demands my missions be a specific way. A good example related to Ravage. Some people want constant running zombies, some want no running zombies. Some want more AI, some want less. Some want more loot, some want less. Some demand save options, some want more or less respawn options, etc. I've also noticed that there are a ton of people out there who do not fundamentally understand Arma... yet they think they are complete experts on the topic. Little troubleshooting problems like Arma profile name problems or conflicting mods or just not understanding the concept of extracting a zipped file.

I have a ton of ideas for 2018... not all of them are zombie related. I can't stop thinking about the amount of time I have personally spent working on these missions, tweaking them in various ways and trying to keep FPS performance high but still deliver a fun sandbox experience, etc. It's obvious I can't keep everyone happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Content creators... do you ever get discouraged? Someone went through and downvoted all four of my workshop submissions in a row today. I watch the numbers regularly now because they have all picked up some significant steam over the last couple of months.

Now I have noticed that the community constantly demands my missions be a specific way. A good example related to Ravage. Some people want constant running zombies, some want no running zombies. Some want more AI, some want less. Some want more loot, some want less. Some demand save options, some want more or less respawn options, etc. I've also noticed that there are a ton of people out there who do not fundamentally understand Arma... yet they think they are complete experts on the topic. Little troubleshooting problems like Arma profile name problems or conflicting mods or just not understanding the concept of extracting a zipped file.

I have a ton of ideas for 2018... not all of them are zombie related. I can't stop thinking about the amount of time I have personally spent working on these missions, tweaking them in various ways and trying to keep FPS performance high but still deliver a fun sandbox experience, etc. It's obvious I can't keep everyone happy.

I would simply just tell them to go edit the mission themselves in the arma 3 editor to their own likings. Just like i did with Krush's mission I linked in order to add more traders to trade with, roaming ai to add to the raids. 

BTW how does the respawn camp system work? I am kind of confused of how to work it 

13 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

how does the respawn camp system work? I am kind of confused of how to work it 

I do not use respawn camps in my missions... however, I think they work by placing the backpack/tent respawn camp down and it gives you a respawn option at that camp. I have used it before while playing other missions.

I remember the old "The Day After" mod used it.

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Every... single... day....

try not to get discouraged.. i got the same thing on youtube with the tacops videos i did... i stopped posting them cuz i didn't want people to thnk tac ops sucked

its  a tough one... sometimes  you gotta do stuff cuz you believe in it and let the chips fall where they may...

the nature of situation means you just do the best you can with what you have 

:)