Now, I know we have had a streak of successes on this thread so far, sadly, I gotta lodge a complaint...I have seen the spontaneous horde pop up multiple times upon killing an AI, its quite annoying, especially when I just started and all I have is 1 mag of PM ammo left, and I got like 30 zombies...Now onto a better note, I love the rusty gun retextures, those are beautiful! now we just need a good amount of ammo, and a horde to slaughter with the Zubr...besides that, loving the mod, keep up the wonderful work everyone, you are some of the greatest content makers I have seen, absolutely wonderful! May you get everything you need from the AI you slaughter, and may your bullets fly true, good luck

Also, what are some fun things to do in Ravage? I kinda am stuck with just running around and killing AI, but even then, if I stay in one spot, they don't constantly come to me, I have to leave and come back...I guess maybe RP'ing through my solo games would help, but it gets difficult to remain in the zone...if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know, I could use some ideas :icon_cool:

Hey BattleChief,

have you tried setting the "hunting the player" percentage for the AI bandits to 100% ?

In my SP playthroughs, I had plenty of "Tourist's Last Stand" situations with bandits following me relentlessly into houses no matter the cost for their side just to see me go down.  Maybe this extreme tough gameplay experience is due to combining the hunting setting from RAVAGE with VCOM AI, but I'd say give it a go without VCOM and even that will make you sweat.  Note I have also INDFOR and OPFOR bandits who foght each other, but still the surviving group will turn on me if I try to play happy 3rd party and loot the loosing faction after they had duked it out somewhere.

If you are willing to do things just for RPing without demanding an actual gameplay effect, I'd suggest to use some building mod like DP Build Everything http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892365572&searchtext=build+everything to construct a base for 12 people, then collect enough food & clean water for the lot of them and then recruit ambient BLUFOR survivors until you have your Dirty Dozen together or so... 

Just a few ideas, ARMA has so many crazy mods to try out that I still haven't played them all - ever tried the sailing http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892308157&searchtext=sailing or the paddle http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887302721&searchtext=paddle mod in the Tanoa Archipelago to get off one of the zombie infested smaller islands hoping to reach the main island and find a working radio station? 

Man, I should actually go and PLAY this damned fine game and see if I can survive for two ingame weeks and pull off any of the above without respawn/reload savegame... :hehe:

• Like 3

i should have thought of the side by side pic earlier... i redid the pmm texture... i like the blued one too so i may do a version in that later...

cB2L6xd.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tourist said:

Hey BattleChief,

have you tried setting the "hunting the player" percentage for the AI bandits to 100% ?

In my SP playthroughs, I had plenty of "Tourist's Last Stand" situations with bandits following me relentlessly into houses no matter the cost for their side just to see me go down.  Maybe this extreme tough gameplay experience is due to combining the hunting setting from RAVAGE with VCOM AI, but I'd say give it a go without VCOM and even that will make you sweat.  Note I have also INDFOR and OPFOR bandits who foght each other, but still the surviving group will turn on me if I try to play happy 3rd party and loot the loosing faction after they had duked it out somewhere.

If you are willing to do things just for RPing without demanding an actual gameplay effect, I'd suggest to use some building mod like DP Build Everything http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892365572&searchtext=build+everything to construct a base for 12 people, then collect enough food & clean water for the lot of them and then recruit ambient BLUFOR survivors until you have your Dirty Dozen together or so... 

Just a few ideas, ARMA has so many crazy mods to try out that I still haven't played them all - ever tried the sailing http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892308157&searchtext=sailing or the paddle http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887302721&searchtext=paddle mod in the Tanoa Archipelago to get off one of the zombie infested smaller islands hoping to reach the main island and find a working radio station? 

Man, I should actually go and PLAY this damned fine game and see if I can survive for two ingame weeks and pull off any of the above without respawn/reload savegame... :hehe:

This is a brilliant idea! I have never seen what the "hunting the player" percentage does when its set that high...I guess I will do that with my Altis Winter map, make it for a boat load of fun! I am not one for Tanoa, but I like Esseker, and thats where most of my fun usually is at, 'cause Jimmakos made a wonderful Esseker map...but by Haleks thats a wonderful idea! (because God is irrelevant currently, 'cause some people don't believe in God, and we gotta be "respectful" to others, so the next closest thing is up there, Haleks! :D ) 

EDIT:  I should probably set the AI multiplier to around 3-4...mass chaos...I like the shootouts that happen...

My hand is a claw... but i got a couple more done...

BlM5yjh.jpg

KpHwasm.jpg

updated changlog

Spoiler

//////////////////////////////////////
v1.2////  Released with Ravage 1.7?
////////////////////////////////////

All previously done guns have Icons, updated stats (minor changes),rvmats -- Thank goodness!!!!!!!

Config is at 544 line,PBO at 134.5mb, 19 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 8:20 am
Config is at 565 line,PBO at 137.5mb, 20 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 9:30 am
Config is at 621 line,PBO at 139.4mb, 22 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 8:39 pm

-Config tidied and unified
-Redundant files eliminated. Lean and mean.

Added

- TRG21 GL - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done
----Config ---- stats done, rvmat done

- Spar 5.56 SBR - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Zubr - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Rook40 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- P07 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes
-Reworked the PM 9mm Texture

Possible issues
maybe issues with UI and attachment icons... 

• Like 6

@cosmic10r

Its beautiful! I enjoy looking at all these...gotta do something while I make my ring...which I finished a good bit ago....can still wet sand the outside with a fine grit...besides that, I am like Mcdonalds, I'm Loving it!

EDIT: Also, go ahead and recolor the main body of the TRG, the main body that isn't metal, is polymer and plastic, and polymer does not rust, just fade it and discolor it...polymer tends to crack and decay with age..so add some sort of color to show damage...Plastic mainly cracks and the color fades...I just don't want this come bite you in the rear later down the road, just felt like I should point this out...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@haleks  i managed to get ravage AI to engage zombies again by removing a few mods and im using them with no issues anymore.Seems whatever mix of mods i had running was causing issues,so iv deleted alot for my own ravage mission.

@tourist above just gave me an idea when referring to AI hunting players.For my mission i want to create a repeatable trigger with the Activiation...

flrObj = "F_20mm_Red" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [0,100,200]); flrObj setVelocity [0,0,-10];  (to create a red flare near players pos)

is there anything i can put specificly into the Condition to detect the AI getting players position and hunting the player?

I was thinking it would be a nice effect if im being hunted at night time,as the AI wont have flashlights.And i would love a heads up in order to deploy some trip mines for them ;) 

@BattleChief  Yeah... I'm not sure about the polymer yet... here is what it looks like from the side... polymer wouldnt really absorb the rust color as such although maybe a bit of a film would build up..

I took a few liberties... see what you think in game and let me know if I need to tone done the rust bleed

ybLP5Jl.jpg

I reworked the Spar SBR a bit. I didnt like the rust on the stock or the shiny barrel... got most of the rust off the stock but there is still one line... interesting how the texture wraps around this model...

Some of them are easy and some are complex to get the colors and rust in the right places... 

nSrhY4n.jpg

• Like 5

and a Vermin... I'll get the smgs done here too...

gMw2haf.jpg

• Like 4

@cosmic10r

Looking good, the SPAR looks good, as it is roughly based on the M416, and most likely the guard and rail would be metal...so rust and wear 'n tear marks are a good idea...the polymer would most likely have stuff such as cracks and fading to show its age...something you can do to help make them look aged, primarily the SPAR, would be to fade some spots like the rail and around the ejection port...give it a look as though you ground down the black or green metal finish, and its just rough metal beneath it...With the Vermin, go ahead and add some more dark brown to it, all brown does is crack and get darker

EDIT: When I say fade the metal, I am saying that you basically want to do this to the rail and upper/lower receiver...can't get the photo in, so I found the link to a picture that best represents the damages they will sustain

Also, because I have run into an issue with it now, does anyone have a more recent starting kit script? I am experiencing problems when I start a mission, the body spawns in its underwear, and I usually have on the clothes in which I started with...and the body tends to spawn with Vanilla weapons...I think Jim's old script is kinda outdated now, which would make sense, it was working for so many different Ravage versions

Keep in mind i'm using a bit of artistic license on the guns... 

No self respecting gun owner would field one of the rusty ones LOL ;)

Eventually i would like to have as many rusty guns as Bis guns and maybe even get permission to add a few from some mods...

I may try the silver worn look on the black spar... 

• Like 1

When it comes to firearms, you field whatever you can get your hands on, as long as it shoots reliably, and won't kill you in the process of firing it...a little rust isn't too bad, especially on the outside, the internals are the ones you don't want rusted....best way I know of currently for storing weapons for years, is to put them in trashbags, or barrels full of axle grease, and it will preserve the metal finish, and the internals...but is a pain to clean out, this is the same idea as the Russian guns found today, they are put in boxes with Cosmoline, which requires you to go ahead and do a full break down of the weapon, such as Mosins...every piece must be removed and cleaned, all the way to the bolt 

Also, I just tested the old script Jim gave everyone for the original Ravage mission, it seems to work, no errors on start up...but it doesn't clear all my gear and it gives me vanilla items only, and it makes me slightly confused...mainly cause I cannot work script to save my life, but because my script has nearly no difference, and it keeps getting errors...hmm....to the wiki I go I guess...

This is what I have for the original Altis spawn from Haleks (and Jimmakos)

Spoiler

private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_p = _markers call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_list = (getMarkerPos _p) nearRoads 50;
_road = _list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_pos = getposATL _road;

_nextRoad = (_road nearRoads 50) select 0;

[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;
//player addWeapon "rhsusf_weap_m1911a1";
//player setFace "WhiteHead_20";
//player setSpeaker "Male01GRE";
(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (isNil "_posV") then {
    _posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
};

_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187);
_vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);
[getPosATL _vehicle,"FIRE_BIG"] spawn RVG_fnc_createFireEffect;
_soundSource = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", _posV, [], 0];
_unit = createVehicle ["Survivor_blue_1", _posV, [], 1, "FORM"];
uiSleep 1;
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeVest _unit;
_unit addVest (selectRandom rvg_vests);
//[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
if !(rvg_weapons isEqualTo []) then {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weapons select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weapons) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
} else {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weaponsA3 select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
};
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;
//_unit addmagazines ["Chemlight_blue", 1];
_unit setdamage 1;

if (!isNil "_soundSource") then {
    WaitUntil {player distance _soundSource > 1000};
    deleteVehicle _soundSource;
}; 

This is what I am using for my missions 

Spoiler

private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_pos = getposATL _road;

enableSaving [ false, false ];

uiSleep 1;

private "_unit";
_pos = getposATL _road;
_nextRoad = (_road nearRoads 50) select 0;

[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (isNil "_posV") then {
    _posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
};

_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Hunter_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187);
_vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);

[getPosATL _vehicle,"FIRE_BIG"] spawn RVG_fnc_createFireEffect;
_soundSource = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", _posV, [], 0];

_unit = createVehicle ["Survivor_blue_1", _posV, [], 1, "FORM"];

uiSleep 1;

[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeVest _unit;
_unit addVest (selectRandom rvg_vests);
//[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
if !(rvg_weapons isEqualTo []) then {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weapons select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weapons) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
} else {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weaponsA3 select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
};
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

_unit setdamage 1;

player switchMove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1";player playmovenow "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part2";

player setFatigue 1;

uiSleep 40;

_closesttown = (nearestLocations [player, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","NameVillage"],2500]) select 0;
_PosT = _pos;
if !(isNil "_closesttown") then {
    _PosT = position _closesttown;
};

_posP = [getposASL player, 400, 600, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_Grp = createGroup resistance;
for "_i" from 0 to 3 do 
{
     _unit = _Grp createUnit ["Bandit_green", _posP, [], 1.0, "FORM"];
    [_unit] spawn RVG_fnc_equip;
    [_unit, (["ENG", "GRK"] call bis_fnc_selectrandom)] call rvg_fnc_setName;
    rvg_garbage_collector pushBack _unit;

//_unit addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];
    _unit setCombatMode "RED";
    _unit setBehaviour "SAFE";
    [_unit] joinSilent _Grp;
};
_Grp move _pos;
0 = [_Grp, _pos, _PosT] spawn {
    _Grp = _this select 0;
    _pos = _this select 1;
    _posT = _this select 2;
    waitUntil {(leader _Grp) distance _pos < 10};
    [_Grp, _posT, 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
};

enableSaving [true, true];

execVM "scripts\tuto.sqf";

if (!isNil "_soundSource") then {
    WaitUntil {player distance _soundSource > 1000};
    deleteVehicle _soundSource;
}; 

If someone could please find out what is wrong, I would be ever so grateful...I cannot work script at all, I only know how to do Animations with the Eden editor :icon12:

I guess imma call it quits for now...I am better off waiting for someone else to make a ravage mission, cause I kinda can't do the regular Altis mission, cause anytime I kill the patrol that comes down to the wreck, a horde spawns on them, and I can't get their guns or anything cause I die before I can get them, or their bodies despawn when I come back to see if the horde dispersed...I dunno whats up with my usual script, so I guess imma just let this go for now, maybe till the next Ravage update...I still wanna pop in to see the progress on the rusty guns though, but now, I guess my time making Ravage missions is over, been fun, see y'all later, have fun

12 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Sting smg... 

Great work thus far mate,i would not have ever thought of including vanilla weapons into my mission till i saw the work you put into them.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images a per the forum rules

@cosmic10r

Looking good, I guess the Sting could pass as metal, maybe a lightweight metal frame with heavier metal for small bolts and other working parts...looks really nice

Thanks guys. I will keep pushing them out until the next update... if you find one in game that makes you throw up everytime you see it I can redo it. 

I have all the working files saved so its fairly easy to go in and touch a few things up here and there.

I just don't want to get too perfectionist as this point because I want it to be a fairly comprehensive package if it is to become the starting point of the looting experience

The plan is to have lots with a few that may be questionable rather then a small number of perfect textures... 

If i could get the worn metal look and could get a few varations of a few of the more common rifles I think that will go along way further to diluting the ones that aren't as good.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2017 at 12:14 AM, cosmic10r said:

Its coming

Was this ever released? I am looking to play it.... *wringing hands*

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per forum rules

10 minutes ago, Ansolari said:

Was this ever released? I am looking to play it.... *wringing hands*

I was thinking about that yesterday. I would like to have that and a malden version ready for next release too. Pushing on the guns right now but will try to have a version ready. Its actually playable but i noticed some weird random starting locations . Shoulf be easy to fix when i need a break from the guns.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

I was thinking about that yesterday. I would like to have that and a malden version ready for next release too. Pushing on the guns right now but will try to have a version ready. Its actually playable but i noticed some weird random starting locations . Shoulf be easy to fix when i need a break from the guns.

Nice.. Might be worth waiting for the next ravage release. Some cool shite happening with Ravage lately. Chernarus Redux to is my favorite. Playing this with your rusty gun mod would be cool indeed.. Saw some vid of the new Balota airfield posted by Dantronics in the next iteration of Redux.. Looking so sweet..

Edited by Ansolari
typo

1 minute ago, Ansolari said:

Nice.. Might be worth waiting for the next ravage release. Some cool shite happening with Ravage lately. Chernarus Redux to is my favorite. Playing this with your rusty gun mod would be cool indeed.. Saw some vid of the new Balota airfield posted by Dantronics in the next iteration of Redux.. Looking so sweet..

Care to share the video?

Damn @cosmic10r, you've been hard at work ! <3

I've been a tad busy lately on my end, but found a few hours to work on further updates. Both demo missions have been updated for the upgraded loot module, made a different intro for the Tanoa showcase... And fixed a bunch of things, including 2 annoying ones :

- Health display now shows the value of the most injured body part, rather than calculating an average value based on all body parts. Given how "health" works in Arma3 and the scope of Ravage , it's probably the most accurate method to inform players on their current physical condition.

- I've found the very last culprit behind unwanted explosions of spawned vehicles : the module could sometime damage/destroy a critical part. I'm still testing, but your casual post-apocalyptical trips should be much quieter.

Here's the planned changelog :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.
Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Positioning of spawned vehicles and wrecks.
Wrecks are now spawned as simpleObjects.
Edited gear lists for NPCs.
Added a new default uniform to zombies.
Traders will greet nearby players.
It is now possible to sleep on sofas.
Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds.*
Traders will update their supplies at least once a day.
Restored vanilla models for most civilian structures.
The Loot system module has been upgraded.
Demo missions have been updated for the upgraded loot module.
Slightly reduced volume on a few zombie audio samples.
Health Display now shows the most injured selection.

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.
Vehicles and wrecks spawning on top of each others.
The Vehicles Module would destroy critical parts, causing vehicles to explode.
Spawned wrecks sometimes sunk into the ground.
Fixed nomad traders failing to stop when approached.
Fixed an issue with backpacks grabbed by zombies.
Fixed another issue/exploit when selling weapons to traders.
Fixed incorrect loot spawn chances evaluation.
List of looted props wasn't correctly synchronized across clients.
Fixed an issue preventing players from looting multiple props of the same type.
Fixed script error during zed AI init.
Fixed an issue when making fires indoors.
Fixed several issues when using inventory items.

New :
Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.
Zombies have a small chance to disarm players.
Added an Ambient Furnitures setting to the loot module.
Each loot category (civilian, military etc) has its own loot type probabilities setting.
Added support for Laws of War DLC.

Cosmic's updated rusty weapons might make it into the next release, depending on how much we can get done. Ideally I would like to re-factor some bits and pieces of modules/scripts to give more flexibility and choices to mission makers, and make sure the implementation of features related to rusty weapons (jammed guns, possibly weapon wear, and config tweaks) is done 100% right. It might require some time though, and I would like to release the update within a couple weeks, so we'll see. In any case, thanks to Cosmic's work on it, it won't take too long, if needs be the next update will be shortly followed by a smaller one (sometime in January 2018).

• Like 10

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Care to share the video?

Didnt watch it this morn b4 work but thrilled to see dev continue

Just watched it...

HOT DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!

• Like 2