Im also trying to finalize the next version of Ravage Rusty guns...

I will post the changlog for that when im home. It would be good to have it included in this release and get some feedback..

:)

• Like 4

Does anybody know how to add more items to the "randomized loot" pool? I'm planning to put in scopes and more ammo and gun types

18 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Does anybody know how to add more items to the "randomized loot" pool? I'm planning to put in scopes and more ammo and gun types

Once the latest dev version comes out I will try to update the documentation on the wiki with the info.

The ones on there are not using the latest classnames and I'm not sure if it is changing in the next release version.

Sharing this mission (not by me) to others: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108639417

This mission uses ravage and is based off of the game "Escape from tarkov". seems like the dude is asking for assistance, so if anyone can assist this dude, that would be nice. The reason I shared this is because I am interested in games like "escape from tarkov" and this mission fits the bill and I want it to fully succeed and not be left in the dust. 

• Like 3

a nice ravage video on youtube.

@Ian Hoar

notice the use of trucks... even the ones with no wheels lol

• Like 7

If this is Kodabar speaking then EO wasnt kidding..  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

If this is Kodabar speaking then EO wasnt kidding..  :)

It is. And that's my (very Photoshopped) living room in the thumbnail.

I get a lot of comments about my voice. It's a bit weird. If you're in the UK and listen to Radio 4, you can hear Eddie Mair on the PM programme. He's from the same town as me and has a somewhat similar accent.

I had a comment on a Ravage video saying (NSFW):

Spoiler

i am actually masturbating to your voice no homo tho

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

BTW does anyone know how to make it so that you can't take out any items from the trader's backpack?

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

BTW does anyone know how to make it so that you can't take out any items from the trader's backpack?

You can take out items, but traiders should shoot you for stealing.

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

You can take out items, but traiders should shoot you for stealing.

However for the escape from tarkov mission that i listed, my placed armed bluefor or civilian soldiers by trader keep shooting up my character (civilian fugitive)? The init of my character has like addrating -10000 or something 

Is there any code to make them not shoot me unless i take something from the trader's inventory or in other words steal it? or at least disable the "open ai inventory" 

43 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

However for the escape from tarkov mission that i listed, my placed armed bluefor or civilian soldiers by trader keep shooting up my character (civilian beggar)? The init of my character has like addrating -10000 or something 

Is there any code to make them not shoot me unless i take something from the trader's inventory or in other words steal it? or at least disable the "open ai inventory" 

Is the addrating coming from Ravage or something else?

On 12/3/2017 at 10:23 PM, haleks said:

Good news guys! I've finally found some time to make progress on the actual implementation of both the ambient furnitures and the overhauled loot module. Thanks to @Evil Organ's herculean work on creating compositions for most of the vanilla structures, the next update is almost ready for the final tests before release. At the moment, the ambient furnitures system only works with Arma3 structures : since most of the CUP structures use proxy furnitures/objects, creating compos for them doesn't seem to be necessary. The new loot module will correctly identify whatever proxy object you are looting, and spawn loot appropriate to the building you're in (civ, military etc).

More good news : the improved Loot module won't break any existing mission. Eventhough the new approach is quite different, I've made sure that already existing missions won't throw any errors. That being said, it is best to update your missions anyway, since each loot category (civilian, military, industrial) will have its own array of probabilities for each loot type (survival, weapons, clothing etc).

Here's the updated changelog for now :

ETA : Winter is coming.

Any specific ETA?
I've been building using your mod for years.
I have one other question, can we have a vehicle save feature for server restarts?
Not sure if you fixed this already, but previous the respawn system for players were broken, throwing people into the air and spawns them in the ocean after the sixth death. ( It was in v.0.4.3. )
Had that fixed myself, using my own respawn code, but I just can't get vehicles to stay in the world nor keep the items or conditions of them after restart.
Reason being I can't figure out how to use inidbi as it just seems to refuse to use my commands.
I see it saving the vehicle data at times and at other times it just won't, but regardless, the second the server shuts down all data is whipped clean, so I was hoping you had a better system that actually works in your mod now?
Tried getting help in the past here on the board to write a unique code that did this, but people were.. Not exactly cooperative.
Thx for any replies you may send my way and keep up the great work.

Kind Regards
- Revixy.
GamingLogon
www.youtube.com/GamingLogon

Note:
I will of course be releasing information about your mod in future videos when I have a stable version of what I've been working on using your mod so far, since I'd like to contribute to getting more people to use your mod.

• Like 1

Is the addrating coming from Ravage or something else?

It is manually configured on the main player/me ( civilian fugitive) 

I'm pretty sure it is needed for the raids in the scenario since AI is supposedly all hostile towards you...Excluding the ones at the base 

3 hours ago, Revixy said:

Any specific ETA?

Please don't ask for release dates, as its against our forum rules. Remember addon making is a hobby, it will be released when its ready and not before.

So for the escape from chernaraus scenario that i linked earlier seems to have a problem with ravage's looting system (outdoor and indoors). It seems that every time I die and respawn at a base, I am no longer able to use ravage's looting system and not able to loot any wreckages, trashpiles like I would in a ravage scenario. 

Take note that every time I die, I am not prompted with the typical gray screen but instantly respawn to the base without having to reload a save. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

and i believe I asked this before but how would i add more weapons, attachments, and uniforms from other mods to the loot table? (there is a mod that allows you to use melee weapons too that I am planning to put in :P)

Spoiler

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Ravage Rusted Firearms Retexture Mod///////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Created Exclusively for the Ravage Mod/////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////By CosmiC10R///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Follows same licence as Ravage/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Not to be used without permission outside of Ravage////////////////////////////////////

List of classnames

//////////////////////////////////////
v1.1//// Not released
////////////////////////////////////
Added

Added UI icons for all the Rusted guns featuring rust and blood.

Changed

Going back and tweaking all guns including updating all 

-stats in the config - needs adding and to be adjusted
-rvmats - adjusted for shine
-cleaning up the config - unify code and clean up redundant code
-tidying up some of the textures like the some of the stocks. - in list below

so that that I don't need to circle back to any and from this point on any new
firearms can follow the same workflow. 
v1.2 will have all this completed and won't have any new firearms until such a time 
as all the previously done are complete.
It will just be better this way. As it gets bigger it is getting fragmented and harder to keep
track of. The config is going to be at least 1000 lines by the end, I imagine.

Gun Tweaks from v1.05
Rifles/pistols ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Cyrus - Rusty ----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock edges have rust (tbd), icon done
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat

- Asp Kir - Rusty --------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock needs dirt, icon done
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat less shine

- Mar 10 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- Done, icon done
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat done

- Navid - Rusty----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- done, icon done

- SPMG - Rusty-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- EBR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- ok

- ABR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- ok

- EMR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Zafir Rusty----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock edges have rust (tbd), icon tbd

- AKM - Rusted - first add - not happy with 1st attempt... tbRedone----------------------
 ----Textures -- redo tbd
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat tbd, classname changed

- AKS - Rusted - first add-------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock wood, redo texture to lighter, finalize texture choice, icon tbd
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat adjusted, classname changed

- Ak 12 - Rusty - first add ,--------------------------------------------------------- 

- Lim - Rusty - first add-------------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat tbd

- Pmm 09 - Rusted - first add----------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat less shine, class name changed

- Spar Drum Mag Version - Rusty - first add-------------------------------------------

--Launcher----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rpg - 7- Rusted --------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- done, icon done, cleanup files and versions to final

- 45 - Rusty - first add----------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat done, class name changed

- acpc2 - Rusty - first add----------------------------------------------------------

////////////////////////////
v1.05/// Not released
//////////////////////////

Added

Added following firearms
- AKM
- Aks
- Ak 12
- Lim
- Pmm 09
- Spar Drum Mag Version

Added following Launcher
-Rpg - 7

Also developed code for weapons jamming. Haleks tweaked it and it is in a semi finished state.
Needs extensive testing before release.

v1.0/// Released
////////////////////////
Version 1.0 was released some time back and included a small selection of Early textures
Rifles included were from the Marksmen DLC
-Cyrus
-Asp Kir
-Mar 10
-Navid
-SPMG
-EBR
-EMR
-Zafir

A few of these had weapon stat adjustments but it was not uniform and the textures were a first
attempt at making some more suitable firearms for the ravage environment. v1.0 was released as part 
of Ravage 1.42, I think it was, but it was an amalgamation of about 4 versions as I figured out how
I wanted it to all work. I started this changelog late just to help keep track of the workload as I found
the config was getting into the 300 line mark and it was about to balloon. 11/21/2017

//////////////////////////////////
Credits//////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////

Thanks to the following

_haleks - for being generally awesome and for all the work bringing us Ravage.
_Bad Benson - showing me the various ways I was doing things wrong, playing and developing Escape. And Awesomeness!
_Evil Organ - for being generally awesome and helping me with all my spelling mistakes.
_Tourist - for being generally awesome and helping develop Escape.
_Reyhard - for helping with the config issues I was having in v1.05.

Current weapons changelog...

• Like 9

the icons show up in the inventory too which is nice

A4Cn9Zo.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

That looks great man! I've been trying to figure out how to mess with the weapon and item icons, as well as the overall UI display for the inventory screen

18 hours ago, cosmic10r said:
  Reveal hidden contents

//////////Ravage Rusted Firearms Retexture Mod///////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Created Exclusively for the Ravage Mod/////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////By CosmiC10R///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Follows same licence as Ravage/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////Not to be used without permission outside of Ravage////////////////////////////////////

List of classnames

v1.1//// Not released
Added

Added UI icons for all the Rusted guns featuring rust and blood.

Changed

Going back and tweaking all guns including updating all 

-stats in the config - needs adding and to be adjusted
-rvmats - adjusted for shine
-cleaning up the config - unify code and clean up redundant code
-tidying up some of the textures like the some of the stocks. - in list below

so that that I don't need to circle back to any and from this point on any new
firearms can follow the same workflow. 
v1.2 will have all this completed and won't have any new firearms until such a time 
as all the previously done are complete.
It will just be better this way. As it gets bigger it is getting fragmented and harder to keep
track of. The config is going to be at least 1000 lines by the end, I imagine.

Gun Tweaks from v1.05
Rifles/pistols ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Cyrus - Rusty ----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Asp Kir - Rusty --------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock needs dirt, icon done

- Mar 10 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Navid - Rusty----------------------------------------------------------------------

- SPMG - Rusty-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- EBR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- ok

- ABR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- ok

- EMR - Rusty ------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Zafir Rusty----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock edges have rust (tbd), icon tbd

- AKM - Rusted - first add - not happy with 1st attempt... tbRedone----------------------
 ----Textures -- redo tbd
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat tbd, classname changed

- AKS - Rusted - first add-------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- buttstock wood, redo texture to lighter, finalize texture choice, icon tbd
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat adjusted, classname changed

- Ak 12 - Rusty - first add ,--------------------------------------------------------- 

- Lim - Rusty - first add-------------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat tbd

- Pmm 09 - Rusted - first add----------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- needs stats, rvmat less shine, class name changed

- Spar Drum Mag Version - Rusty - first add-------------------------------------------

--Launcher----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rpg - 7- Rusted --------------------------------------------------------------------
----Textures -- done, icon done, cleanup files and versions to final

- 45 - Rusty - first add----------------------------------------------------------

- acpc2 - Rusty - first add----------------------------------------------------------

////////////////////////////
v1.05/// Not released

Added

Added following firearms
- AKM
- Aks
- Ak 12
- Lim
- Pmm 09
- Spar Drum Mag Version

Added following Launcher
-Rpg - 7

Also developed code for weapons jamming. Haleks tweaked it and it is in a semi finished state.
Needs extensive testing before release.

v1.0/// Released
////////////////////////
Version 1.0 was released some time back and included a small selection of Early textures
Rifles included were from the Marksmen DLC
-Cyrus
-Asp Kir
-Mar 10
-Navid
-SPMG
-EBR
-EMR
-Zafir

A few of these had weapon stat adjustments but it was not uniform and the textures were a first
attempt at making some more suitable firearms for the ravage environment. v1.0 was released as part 
of Ravage 1.42, I think it was, but it was an amalgamation of about 4 versions as I figured out how
I wanted it to all work. I started this changelog late just to help keep track of the workload as I found
the config was getting into the 300 line mark and it was about to balloon. 11/21/2017

//////////////////////////////////
Credits//////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////

Thanks to the following

_haleks - for being generally awesome and for all the work bringing us Ravage.
_Bad Benson - showing me the various ways I was doing things wrong, playing and developing Escape. And Awesomeness!
_Evil Organ - for being generally awesome and helping me with all my spelling mistakes.
_Tourist - for being generally awesome and helping develop Escape.
_Reyhard - for helping with the config issues I was having in v1.05.

Current weapons changelog...

Hi

Will it be implemented in ravage mod or will it be released as a standalone mod?

And one more question.... what about Zub .45r revolver with optics and special ammo. Can we see this in your mod?

9 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

That looks great man! I've been trying to figure out how to mess with the weapon and item icons, as well as the overall UI display for the inventory screen

It works fairly well and the attachments icons line up on the ones I looked at. I can fix the alignment pretty easily if need be but it looks ok.

The UI would be cool but it might become a little too overdone and take away from other missions since you use it in everything. Maybe  a color change would be cool though.

nO3pumL.jpg

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi

Will it be implemented in ravage mod or will it be released as a standalone mod?

And one more question.... what about Zub .45r revolver with optics and special ammo. Can we see this in your mod?

This is in Ravage for now and made for it. If there is some interest at some point down the line I could consider releasing on its own. Its set up to be available in the  arsenal tho so if you have ravage running you will have access to them.

The  long term intentions is to have the BIS guns textures to be less prevalent and something special as it should be in a post Apoc World.

The stats arent as adjusted as I would like but in order to adjust damage values I would have to configure all new ammo for every ammo type and that creates other issues so at this point it is slight reduction in range, sway recovery , reload time etc.

Likely not even noticable most of the time... 

That zubr will not be included. That's EOs and up to him but I would suggest that it will be unlikely to ever see the light of day.

However, I will do a seperate rusted zubr for the mod as well eventually do up some "Legendary Guns" with increased stats. 

Maybe some nice things like use them to recognize great mod makers or like the memorials to the fallen... who knows :)

Besides... EOs gun is way too OP... lol

• Like 4

BBenson's Gun will be the "Not Compatible with Exile"  :don9:

I would also like to look at a finding a few scopes, a silencer and a bipod to complete the whole look. Like the retextures I did  in some of my pics so the scopes match the guns etc. 

IMO it wont be complete until then. I will get around to that at some point i hope.

Besides... EOs gun is way too OP... lol

It sure is.....

:hehe:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

a zubr for next release... i'm working on a few less rusty version to balance it out... 

l0mGD6A.jpg

im hoping to get permission to retexture some scopes and include them in the future... no promises on that as it is dependent on the authors..

pBBLoyo.jpg

A rook 40

pHqQURG.jpg

and for the snipers... maybe... you will have to find both to see....

TJmbmoT.jpg

• Like 8

Just a side by side... i was curious... i like it as its a little more subtle...

RFHciLM.jpg

i need to circle back to one of the other pistols... that really rusty one... looks terrible in comparison lol...

updated changelog

Spoiler

v1.2////  Released with Ravage 1.7?

All previously done guns have Icons, updated stats (minor changes),rvmats -- Thank goodness!!!!!!!

Config is at 544 line,PBO at 134.5mb, 19 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 8:20 am
Config is at 565 line,PBO at 137.5mb, 20 total rusty Firearms 12/09/2017 9:30 am

-Config tidied and unified
-Redundant files eliminated. Lean and mean.

Added

- Zubr - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------
----Config ---- stats done, rvmat done

- Rook40 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

- P07 - Rusty ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes

none

Possible issues
maybe issues with UI and attachment icons... 

• Like 7