7 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Dead Snow...Ravage style.

tJj3pfh.jpg

FDcRUAD.jpg

tHRYab4.jpg

Ott0sar.jpg

OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH EVIL! XD Das ist wunderbar! 

EDIT: Cause some might wonder what it says, kinda obvious what it means, but it translates to "This is wonderful (or great)." You should really put that in your screenshots on steam...that's great

EDIT: That's Altis right? I can't really tell, the snow kinda makes it hard to tell...I think it is due to the buildings and the windmills in the background...

3 hours ago, BattleChief said:

OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH EVIL! XD Das ist wunderbar! 

EDIT: Cause some might wonder what it says, kinda obvious what it means, but it translates to "This is wonderful (or great)." You should really put that in your screenshots on steam...that's great

EDIT: That's Altis right? I can't really tell, the snow kinda makes it hard to tell...I think it is due to the buildings and the windmills in the background...

The open fields,churches, and the windmill in the distance does make it look like altis

Yeah guys, it's the Winter 2035 mod which turns Altis and Stratis very chilly indeed....

• Like 2

Hello guys, i have a question! I work on Tanoa map a coop mission using Ravage AI spawn and Loot modules, with Tasks to compleate ! The problem what i got is, cant make it SAVE i mean , the Ravage save the characters and loadout by deffaut using the Ravage Save module , but the compleated Tasks are restarted when i log in again and all are present again! So its possible to make a COOP/MP Save Game who also save the compleated Tasks and provide this way a continue of the mission and not start again all the time!? (Sorry for my low English skills, and probably the stupid question, but im new in that and dont have the knowlage) 

Depends how you set up those tasks : are they scripted or is it 100% done in Eden editor?

One solution, if you're comfortable with a bit of scripting, would be to store variables on the host profileNameSpace - those will be persistent and can be used to check what tasks have been done already etc...

But I'm not familiar with making MP missions, I'm sure there is a more practical solution.

Seems odd. If the task modules are set up it shouldnt reset on a running machine unless it was restarted... maybe double check the synch between the task modules.

Are you testing it in the MP editor and its still happening?

Pretty sure he wants task persistency through server/hosted restarts.

Would it make sense to have vehicle traders or vehicle part traders? but with a catch of course, the vehicles or their parts must be either ( or all)

-Very high priced

-amount of vehicles or their parts sold are significantly less compared to other items (weapons, gears, food)

Also is there a plan to add a temperature system?

• Like 1

Just a small Question will the Zombies work with Epoch?

I tried editing the Epoch Mission and adding the Zombie Spawner AI but nothing spawns once it is on my Server. (Works in Singleplayer from the Editor)

Maybe someone has experience with that and can help me :3

Hello. Where I can edit list of items that spawn inside static object loot system? Because I was trying to disable normal (the one with containers) loot and use exclusively static objects because I've found searching option more immersive. The problem is with Equipment Pool module set on CUP: ALL and A3 set to limited, only CUP weapons that I'm finding within static objects are: Lee Enfield, Beretta M9, Colt M1911, CZ550, Taurus revolver, Makarov and PB (silenced version of makarov) (and maybe one or two other "non military grade" that I forgot about) and that's it. I was trying countless times with various settings (i.e. putting static objects inside military building) and I've never found any other weapon than ones mentioned above. It's the same thing with ammo, never found single mag to military grade weapon from CUP. It's working for AI groups because I've looted some M4 at second or third raider I've shot.  I've already extracted "ravage.pbo". Maybe you could point me to file that I should edit because I was trying to search in multiple files using notepad++ but had no luck. I would be grateful if you guys could help me.

I havent actually tested it. But before you hack apart the code cam you set the loot module to 0 for loot and set your chances of static loot to whatever u want

That may work without playing with the code.

I agree about ammo... ive been try to think of a solution for mission designers so they get more control. It would likely be fairly easy to return the weapon and give a slight extra chance its magazine appears. It could be used in the init... so again... not having to play with the code... 

Reason i try to avoid using the main code is once the mod updates you have to go back in and "reupdate the update" which gets annoying...

Anyone know how to make the ai sit down and NOT move at all? Trying to make my hilltop trader area more lively 

1 minute ago, lv1234 said:

Anyone know how to make the ai sit down and NOT move at all? Trying to make my hilltop trader area more lively 

I would recommand you using 3den Enhanced mod. You can easily choose one of the animation and your trader will do an animation.

Sit down animation is their too.

Or you can use script in ini AI 

[this,"STAND","FULL"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim

In Editor go to tools/functions viewer and look for Ambient in the 3th categorie you will have different animation with an example to put in ini AI
AmbientAnim will no wake up AI in under fire

AmbientCombat will wake up AI and go to combat

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nyet_Rifle-is-fine said:

Hello. Where I can edit list of items that spawn inside static object loot system? Because I was trying to disable normal (the one with containers) loot and use exclusively static objects because I've found searching option more immersive. The problem is with Equipment Pool module set on CUP: ALL and A3 set to limited, only CUP weapons that I'm finding within static objects are: Lee Enfield, Beretta M9, Colt M1911, CZ550, Taurus revolver, Makarov and PB (silenced version of makarov) (and maybe one or two other "non military grade" that I forgot about) and that's it. I was trying countless times with various settings (i.e. putting static objects inside military building) and I've never found any other weapon than ones mentioned above. It's the same thing with ammo, never found single mag to military grade weapon from CUP. It's working for AI groups because I've looted some M4 at second or third raider I've shot.  I've already extracted "ravage.pbo". Maybe you could point me to file that I should edit because I was trying to search in multiple files using notepad++ but had no luck. I would be grateful if you guys could help me.

The next update will change a lot of stuff regarding loot spawns : what object is found when looting will be determined by the type of the nearest building. Loot should feel much more consistent, even when looting static objects (right now those only use the "civilian" loot table). So no matter what settings you may use with the new loot module, looting inside a military area will, in most cases, yield items you won't find in towns or anywhere else.

On the next update topic : development has been on hold for the last couple weeks on my end, RL has kept me awfully busy... :/

Re-thinking the loot system is no small task and, eventhough the basic concept is working great already, its actual implementation is going to be time-consuming. Depending on what free time I can find, I might release the update without the new loot system, as the current dev build already has a lot of tweaks and fixes.

Here's what's 100% done and implemented so far :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.
Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Positioning of spawned vehicles and wrecks.
Wrecks are now spawned as simpleObjects.
Edited gear lists for NPCs.
Added a new default uniform to zombies.
Traders will greet nearby players.
It is now possible to sleep on sofas.
Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds.*
Traders will update their supplies at least once a day.
Loot spawn chances are more accurate.

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.
Vehicles and wrecks spawning on top of each others.
Spawned wrecks sometimes sunk into the ground.
Fixed nomad traders failing to stop when approached.
Fixed an issue with backpacks grabbed by zombies.
Fixed another issue/exploit when selling weapons to traders.

New :
Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.
Zombies have a small chance to disarm players.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, haleks said:

Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.

Could we have more info on this one? Maybe you have a description somewhere in the wiki?

14 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Could we have more info on this one? Maybe you have a description somewhere in the wiki?

Haleks touched on the Ambient Conversations earlier in the thread.....

On 16/10/2017 at 4:47 PM, haleks said:

I have something different in mind at the moment, but it will be limited to english speaking units at first. The idea I'm working on is to "recycle" ambient talk from BIS campaigns and showcases : there're tons of comments, questions and generic answers wich can be used as random chat, and those feel more natural and human than concatenated speech (seriously BIS, get rid of that for Arma4). Ideally, the player would hear conversations like this :

"How did we end up like this?

- I don't know man..."

Short, generic sentences that would make sense in most situations, basically.

Obviously I'll have to think of a different solution for Farsi speaking units (and other factions, whenever I add them), and it won't be as convincing as the above trick...

On 18/10/2017 at 1:45 AM, haleks said:

Phew... It took more work than I thought, but the Ambient Conversation system is pretty much finished. I wasn't sure how it would work in the end, but the final result is worth it.

I set up a configuration of various comments, each one leading to several possible answers - some of the audio samples can be used as initial comments as well as answers. I haven't done the maths, but it should allow for dozens of possible combinations. The delay between conversations depends on the group size : 2 guys together would be more cautious and talk less than a group of 10. Right now, NPCs will only talk when safe, meaning that hunters will always be silent (there're always on alert).

The system doesn't apply to units in vehicles or Farsi speaking factions (ATM).

I'm probably going to work on the dynamic campfires idea next, combined with the ambient chatter, it's going to add a whole new layer of immersion to the next update.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Haleks touched on the Ambient Conversations earlier in the thread.....

Thanks Evil Organ! 
I clearly missed that one, sorry for that!
This seems quite somethong for immersion. I'm really curious to see it in game. 

does anyone know how to make certain  map objects disappear? It seems to be conflicting with my patrol units for my trader area.

Also does 3eden enhanced have this option?

Never mind, found it with this link:

• Like 2

HI all ravage users again

For my trader area, I am realizing that the trader guard you see in that pic, for some reason can only shoot in one or two directions but nothing else. So far i have resetted the configs on that ai character but nothing has changed it.

Update: Found that the disablemove ai init command caused that...Went into 3eden enhanced and chose the "stay on position" option. Therefore this makes the ai be able to turn around and shoot but not move from its position

A few more pics testing some Ambient Furniture layouts for Tanoa buildings....(the dead zeds are an optional extra.)

Spoiler

dwlSPUV.jpg

lLi86mx.jpg

2ygtCx4.jpg

swKyV5C.jpg

UdRLr3l.jpg

UhunJ9y.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

nice job @Evil Organ

looks great! I see others are doing scirpts for it like phronk so it's a great time for ArmA... finally it will have that natural feel. 

be great to see it in game because that and the ambient looting really take it to the next level...

• Like 1

The spar drum mag version in Ravage rust. 

Went for a little more understated look on this one. It retained the base detail well such as the firing selector indicators.

Y2F1NNt.jpg

kBc7ZRe.jpg

q96Hml1.jpg

• Like 4

Okay now i'm stumped again....The thing i did above DID NOT make the ai stay still forlong...Eventually they started walking around.

Anyone know how to make the ai stay still and still be able to turn around easily and shoot people? I dont want to limited them toshooting in one direction with disablemove ai