I'm really at the very earliest stages of learning if it comes to coding; that's why I try to make do with the WYSIWYG of the 3DEN Editor using mostly triggers, other generic BIS editor systems and little code snippets made by others. 

I have tried for an ALIVE mission ages ago to make MP persistent tasks using the awesome FHQ Task Tracker System, but despite the best pedagocical efforts of this framework's creator, I didn't manage to create MP persistent custom tasks.  In SP however, you can have real meaningful tasks complete with ratings at mission end when using the BIS task system, and in MP you can at the very least get these ratings and task states complete if you play the mission in one go.  That's what my missions have right here & right now.

And ever since I switched to ALIVE savegames for my RAVAGE missions, I'm really really keen to get persistent MP tasks working.  Who knows? Maybe I'll find someone to help me cut the Gordian Knot one day and get it working?

• Like 2

Wow, you know way more than I do about coding! I need to learn how to use ALIVE, I've heard it's great for mission making and with this next mission, I wouldn't mind having repeatable tasks such as "attack here" or "find this item". Plus, I'd love to use some of the stuff on the Workshop in regards to autonomous machines. What's in is nice, but I'd like to have more Terminator-esque baddies that roam around and cause trouble.

Sort of wish there were more creature mods for Arma 3 actually. I've been wanting to add a supernatural or sci-fi edge to my missions for ages. Being stalked by werewolves in Eastern European forests would be pretty sweet, especially if they were armed with AKs :f:

By the way, I've just updated my Altis mission! With any luck, I've fixed most of the issues with it and save games should work now. It's here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905326339

• Like 3

On 10/3/2017 at 10:36 AM, ContheJon said:

Wow, you know way more than I do about coding! I need to learn how to use ALIVE, I've heard it's great for mission making and with this next mission, I wouldn't mind having repeatable tasks such as "attack here" or "find this item". Plus, I'd love to use some of the stuff on the Workshop in regards to autonomous machines. What's in is nice, but I'd like to have more Terminator-esque baddies that roam around and cause trouble.

Sort of wish there were more creature mods for Arma 3 actually. I've been wanting to add a supernatural or sci-fi edge to my missions for ages. Being stalked by werewolves in Eastern European forests would be pretty sweet, especially if they were armed with AKs :f:

By the way, I've just updated my Altis mission! With any luck, I've fixed most of the issues with it and save games should work now. It's here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905326339

Is it ok for me to add bigger trunks and RHSSAF?

@lv1234 Are you talking about adding RHSSAF to my mission? I don't mind if you do that, all I ask is that if you post it elsewhere, please leave a link back to my mission so that people know who initially made it, that's all :D

Although I don't know what you mean by trunks. Inventory space?

Hi guys!
Ravage has been updated!

Here's the complete changelog for this update :

Tweaked :
The Loot Search feature now uses the HoldAction system.
The Sleep action now uses the HoldAction system.
Vehicles spawned by Ravage will use dynamic simulation if available.
Gulo_zomboy addon is no longer supported.
Edited Clutter configs for Altis, Stratis and Malden.
Edited Clutter configs for Tanoa.
Removed the "28 years later" scenario (will be released separately).
The Tanoa Demo mission now uses dynamic simulation.
The Altis Demo mission now uses dynamic simulation.
The Altis Demo mission now has a "survived days" counter.
Tweaked fog forecast on the Tanoa Demo mission.
Tweaked module settings on the Tanoa Demo mission.
Tweaked gendarmes on the Tanoa Demo mission are set to damage false.
Tweaked traders should go back to their post when safe on the Tanoa Demo mission.
Tweaked module settings on the Altis Demo mission.
Disabled custom HandleDamage EH for better compatibility with other content.

Fixed :
Fixed terrain gradient check when spawning units.
Fixed vehicles spawning mid-air, causing some of them to explode when falling.
Fixed gearpool module failling to exclude vanilla weapons.
Fixed gearpool module failling to exclude goggles from missing addons.
Health value calculation.
Syndikat guards were missing patrol waypoints on the Tanoa Demo mission.

New :
[single player] It is now possible to sleep in any bed.
Added a new soundtrack from the Laws of War DLC.
Added Silent variants of the Darter UAV.
Updated support for RHS mod.
Updated support for IF3 mod.

Download link :

IC709470.jpg

Have fun everyone!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi guys!
Ravage has been updated!

Here's the complete changelog for this update :

Download link :

IC709470.jpg

Have fun everyone!

:don11:

Whatever hype we have created has paid off 

Liking posts is different now. :( Not sure if it’s working but Haleks I like the fact that you put out an update. I want you to know that. :)

I’m 33 but feel 66 sometimes. Site changes scare me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Totally not a fan of these forum changes right now. Couldn't even check new posts from my cell. The like button is really awkward..   I know, bitch, bitch, moan, moan..

Anyway,   THANKS HALEKS!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Totally not a fan of these forum changes right now. Couldn't even check new posts from my cell. The like button is really awkward..   I know, bitch, bitch, moan, moan..

Anyway,   THANKS HALEKS!!!

Yeah man this is messed up. When I open notifications I can’t click on anything, it’s all greyed out. And I can’t close the tab either so I’ll permanently have red notification circles. Hopefully no one PM’s me cause I can’t open those either.

Guess I’ll wander over to the site feedback area when I have a chance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Yeah man this is messed up. When I open notifications I can’t click on anything, it’s all greyed out. And I can’t close the tab either so I’ll permanently have red notification circles. Hopefully no one PM’s me cause I can’t open those either.

Guess I’ll wander over to the site feedback area when I have a chance.

Exactly whats happening on my phone.

Hi,

THX for your hard work. Hold action is best feature of this update!

1) Can zombie one-hit you if you have 65 health?

2) Is chernarus redux mission compatible with new update?

3)How can I put some other weapons (optics, suppressors) in ravage code..... what about 40mm grenade launcher round how can I add it in? I can't find any "ammo cfg" , so I think that you add ammo by some command and it assign basic ammo to weapon, but GL round is't basic ammo.

It would be nice if you implement some repack script in ravage! I think that most of us don't repack after 2 shoots like in COD. I ussualy use it when i found more half-empty mags or some rvg items like antirads.

@haleks

Thats funny, I was literally just resarching this week how to add a "days survived" into my open world missions. It looked like it might be a pain. Was it?

26 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@haleks

Thats funny, I was literally just resarching this week how to add a "days survived" into my open world missions. It looked like it might be a pain. Was it?

A bit of a pain yeah - the lack of vanilla function for this plus the fact that I'm not good at maths made it a bit complicated for me. ^^

I added a small function to Ravage, not sure I thought of everything, but it does the job so far :

_yesterday = linearConversion [0, 1, dateToNumber _this, 0, 365, false];
_today = linearConversion [0, 1, dateToNumber date, 0, 365, false];
_daysDiff = (_today - _yesterday);
_daysDiff + 365*((date select 0) - (_this select 0))

You just need a starting date to use it : hint str ([2017,10,06,1,59] call rvg_fnc_returnDays)

@Hans(z): Zombies can one-shot you regardless of your health - avoid staying prone or kneeling when you have one on top of you.

(And yes, the 2018 Redux mission is compatible too, but it's not by any mean an official mission - rather a test playground.)

• Like 3

Thank you @haleks for the update
And the new ''HoldAction system''

I find it very good when serching something, but if selecting to sleep it will often select 1 hour sleep.
It is difficult to hold space and release in time. So it select for me 1 hour. I don't know if you understand me correctly :).

Also about the day survived. I assume it only work for Altis, right ? I play on ChernarusRedux 

Their is no mission folder in this update, the last one had your two file mission for edition (Altis and Tanoa)

For the Tanoa mission, can I suggest adding the third trader about ''gear'', it will make things easier for new people to know that their is now 3 different traders.

Last thing sorry ^^, but in Altis mission, you use some trigger for Radiation, can you use the module system instead ? Or is it better to use the trigger ?

You also set to Yes in the Survival Module for Radiation, and with that it will spawn a lot of them instead of the one you placed on the map. Is it intentional ?

And Thank you again and sorry for my bad english. This is the best I can do

I love the new search wheel with holdaction.

I may have found a bug. While playing hosting a MP game, searching garbage piles and containers only works until the character dies. If you respawn, the option to search goes away. I tried this with just the Ravage and CBA mods being used.

• Like 1

Just thinking that Ravage was posted like 2 1/2  years ago, and it hardly ever slips off the first page of released mods on the forums.

Awesome.

• Like 5

Ya! Well you got Haleks always working on the thing, and interactive with his fans, then we have a family of regular members constantly posting, giving feedback here with a few new ones

thrown in to spice it up even more, then of course theirs myself whom i've created a utube channel for Halek's mod to help get the word out, and put all the awesome vids from the community in one place

and my soon sometime this month to be WarMod for Ravage.

Lets not forget what we can do with the mod, it gets better and better with everyone's suggestions, with Halek's genius scripting/codeing, Arma3 updates, and possibilities

and then the community pitching in and making missions too the mod has alot going for it, considering its so easy and fun to build a simple or even complex mission with ravage is

what makes it also very attractive to newbies to the mod, and or game.

Every post puts the thread at the top.

• Like 4

Thanks @Gunter Severloh, none of this would happen without the community's support and many contributions!

Speaking of "working on the thing", I'm prepping a hotfix release for that Loot Search problem with respawns.

• Like 7

On 06/10/2017 at 2:50 AM, MisterOth said:

Thank you @haleks for the update
And the new ''HoldAction system''

I find it very good when serching something, but if selecting to sleep it will often select 1 hour sleep.
It is difficult to hold space and release in time. So it select for me 1 hour. I don't know if you understand me correctly :).

Also about the day survived. I assume it only work for Altis, right ? I play on ChernarusRedux 

Their is no mission folder in this update, the last one had your two file mission for edition (Altis and Tanoa)

For the Tanoa mission, can I suggest adding the third trader about ''gear'', it will make things easier for new people to know that their is now 3 different traders.

Last thing sorry ^^, but in Altis mission, you use some trigger for Radiation, can you use the module system instead ? Or is it better to use the trigger ?

You also set to Yes in the Survival Module for Radiation, and with that it will spawn a lot of them instead of the one you placed on the map. Is it intentional ?

And Thank you again and sorry for my bad english. This is the best I can do

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I'll take a look at the sleep menu issue - or might simply remove the HoldAction system for it as it doesn't really bring any benefit.

Regarding the mission folder : I decided to remove it as it was eating up time to constantly update everything twice - and the unpacked versions were outdated anyway.

I'm working on a couple of separate missions for Ravage, and I intend to use them as showcases/tutorials for mission makers - no ETA on those though...

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, haleks said:

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I'll take a look at the sleep menu issue - or might simply remove the HoldAction system for it as it doesn't really bring any benefit.

Regarding the mission folder : I decided to remove it as it was eating up time to constantly update everything twice - and the unpacked versions were outdated anyway.

I'm working on a couple of separate missions for Ravage, and I intend to use them as showcases/tutorials for mission makers - no ETA on those though...

Hi

Is it possible to add some label when you are searching "garbage things" on the ground. When they are close to each other, I don't know which was searched and which not, since I don't know on which I'm pointing at.