So I think, if I do end up making a new mission, that I'll use Esseker and TPW mod along with RHS. I'll try and ditch the CUP dependencies for this one, maybe I'll do an isla duala one later though.

Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer to; when the furniture from the furniture script in TPW spawns in houses, is it normal that the furniture can come in clipping through walls and floors? 

10 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

So I think, if I do end up making a new mission, that I'll use Esseker and TPW mod along with RHS. I'll try and ditch the CUP dependencies for this one, maybe I'll do an isla duala one later though.

Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer to; when the furniture from the furniture script in TPW spawns in houses, is it normal that the furniture can come in clipping through walls and floors? 

Yes, sadly damaged or destroyed buildings are slightly offset compared to the intact models. :/

I think it's some setting in the p3d itself, so only BIS can fix that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

I can chime in here and confirm everything Fire has posted is spot on, map textures are indeed disabled with the Ravage mod loaded, IIRC disabling map textures can help with performance, map loading times can be increased when the textures are disabled. Before Ravage was released I used to use this mod which does the same thing. 

4 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Hello @lv1234 my English is not perfect !

Their is no problem with your map, I guess

But look at it like if it was only a map paper. Imagine that in Apocalyptic world their is no more technologie and no satellite.

Even the GPS is disabled.

Alright thanks for the reassurance 

Ah right, thanks Haleks! Doesn't matter too much anyway, so long as it works I'm happy.

On a side note, I've managed to get TPW working the way I want it for once. Most ambient sounds apart from the base stuff have been disabled (like talking and vehicles driving in the distance) and ambient chickens, goats and sheep are all spawning in. I can even butcher the chickens for meat which is nice. I recommend TPW's fog system on Esseker, it looks so spooky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LukasGaming said:

How do you use food and drinks, anti-rads and etc. from your inventory? :dontgetit:

In the inventory -double left click on the item

If its canned food you'll need a can opener to eat

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

In the inventory -double left click on the item

If its canned food you'll need a can opener to eat

Thanks! :D

@LukasGaming, check out the Ravage wiki, kodabar has written lots of good information and handy tips if your just starting out with the mod. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

@Evil Organ

I actually checked that first, because I was going to send him that link instead, but I couldn't see anything in the beginners section on how to actually use items. Did I overlook it?

Fire

• Like 1

Dude this mod is the shit.  How can I obtain the classnames of the raider/renegade factions?   Cus they're outfitted perfectly. 

5 hours ago, dystopian said:

Dude this mod is the shit.  How can I obtain the classnames of the raider/renegade factions?   Cus they're outfitted perfectly. 

There are no classnames.....only Haleks magic!.....(they are randomly generated upon spawning)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

There are no classnames.....only Haleks magic!.....(they are randomly generated upon spawning)

Lol yea I thought so.  

Hey guys, have birds always been in Arma 3? I saw some on Esseker flying through the trees or circling in the air, it looked really pretty but I can't remember seeing them before.

Also, man am I glad I came back. I'm very impressed that you can stand on top of vehicles and all objects (I think) now! You can even climb in the back of trucks, it's incredible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Hey guys, have birds always been in Arma 3? I saw some on Esseker flying through the trees or circling in the air, it looked really pretty but I can't remember seeing them before.

Also, man am I glad I came back. I'm very impressed that you can stand on top of vehicles and all objects (I think) now! You can even climb in the back of trucks, it's incredible.

Very useful against those darn bolters and runners 

• Like 1

I had only a split second to run a quick and dirty Ravage mission on Chernarus Redux, but wow, is this a match made in heaven! It's beautiful. Didn't have a chance to see if loot was spawning in houses correctly yet, or bandits or traders, but zombies certainly are because I died! Lol.

You guys should try it. What a marvelous map for Ravage.

• Like 8

Do you need to put any code in your init for multiplayer for loot to spawn or, just the module down in the editor? Possibly it was something corrupted with the server and the only thing missing was the loot spawn, my crew loved the mission, Any suggestions welcome, I was using version  0144 I would love to get this working. Willing to try again.

@RCANTEC_RyanD

Assuming you're still testing with a stock arma 3 map and only ravage and cba:

All u really need to place in the editor are the playable units and the modules.

My suggestion is that in the loot module make sure you have the correct map selected. Also for testing I typically boost all the spawn chances up to 85 or higher. That lets me check the mission for loot quickly. Loot typically spawns for me within 2 min of the mission starting. Once you verify the loot spawns, then drop the chances back down to a playable limit. I typically end up around 10-20 for the chances. It gives the players something to do by looking for loot. To offset a higher loot chance I bump the thirst and hunger up to "2".

For single player missions that I create for myself, I like the game harder so I set loot chances around 3 or 5. A lot of times I won't use loot spawns at all.

Btw,  I had many issues in the past with the game in mp. It was always due to some player having the wrong version of a mod. I could have 6 players in the mission, and if one of them was missing a mod or happened to have a wrong version of ravage, the mission would slowly degrade and not work. Often it would be some players could see zombies and others could not. I ended up having to use key checking to verify everybody.

Fire

• Like 5

Thank you, I'll give it another try on a fresh server and mission :don8:

Hi guys!

Super tiny patch coming soon :

Fixed :
Fixed terrain gradient check when spawning units.
Fixed vehicles spawning mid-air, causing some of them to explode when falling.

I finally found out why so many of the spawned vehicles were exploding... :face_palm:

• Like 7

pray tell?   setPosATL?

Oh, do you mean the gradient check was causing it?  (or lack thereof)

Edited by FireWalker

2 hours ago, FireWalker said:

pray tell?   setPosATL?

A combination of that and some other subtleties, yes...

No matter how many times I read the documentation, I always get it wrong. ^^'

• Like 4